Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
KIA SE Offering RoyalTek GPS, good or not? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
KIA SE Offering RoyalTek GPS, good or not? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
KIA SE Offering RoyalTek GPS, good or not? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
KIA SE Offering RoyalTek GPS, good or not? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
KIA SE Offering RoyalTek GPS, good or not? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
KIA SE Offering RoyalTek GPS, good or not? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
KIA SE Offering RoyalTek GPS, good or not? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
KIA SE Offering RoyalTek GPS, good or not? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
KIA SE Offering RoyalTek GPS, good or not? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

KIA SE Offering RoyalTek GPS, good or not?

+3
tish
longbow
thaliamei
7 posters

Go down

KIA SE Offering RoyalTek GPS, good or not? Empty KIA SE Offering RoyalTek GPS, good or not?

Post by thaliamei 21st June 2009, 4:44 pm

Hi,

Will be collecting my Forte soon. The SE offered me the RoyalTek GPS as additional accessories for my car.

I am still considering, and I have no knowledge about GPS.

Any comment on this device?

Thanks
thaliamei
thaliamei

Back to top Go down

KIA SE Offering RoyalTek GPS, good or not? Empty Re: KIA SE Offering RoyalTek GPS, good or not?

Post by longbow 21st June 2009, 5:04 pm

I sms my se, he said that the GPS will drain the car battery very quickly. This is because the thing remains on even when the car is off. But I think it looks very cool though, but then again never heard of royaltek before. If buy gps I will spend on a well known brand.
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

KIA SE Offering RoyalTek GPS, good or not? Empty Re: KIA SE Offering RoyalTek GPS, good or not?

Post by tish 21st June 2009, 5:08 pm

longbow wrote:I sms my se, he said that the GPS will drain the car battery very quickly. This is because the thing remains on even when the car is off. But I think it looks very cool though, but then again never heard of royaltek before. If buy gps I will spend on a well known brand.
rubbish, there is such thing as a off button on the device, even if there isn't u can add it to the life cable,

Even when i DIY 2nd radiator fan into the bike, i can put switches to set 1 fan on, 2 fan on, set to auto on or auto 1 fan on.
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 21st June 2009, 5:14 pm

SE knows nothing but snook.. how much can they snook you out is depend on how much u trust your SE..
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 21st June 2009, 5:17 pm

longbow wrote:I sms my se, he said that the GPS will drain the car battery very quickly. This is because the thing remains on even when the car is off. But I think it looks very cool though, but then again never heard of royaltek before. If buy gps I will spend on a well known brand.
bro, scold ur SE lol say drain batter then whole SG car change battery
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 21st June 2009, 9:13 pm

Which model?

RoyalTek GPS

I see all of the advertised units on the website use Windows CE 5.0 and the renowned MTK GPS engine. Not too shabby. But not too sure about the screen and if visibility is an issue in the day and depending on the angle of view.

BR,
w a y
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by lakopi 24th June 2009, 4:14 pm

many go for Garmin ... but i picked Holux GPSmile 62
http://www.eastgear.com/store/holux-gpsmile-62-personal-navigation-device-p-325.html
http://www.avecmobile.com/index.php?id=1170
http://www.holux.com/JCore/en/products/products_content.jsp?pno=346
i heard quite good reviews .. and bigger screen (edge free) ... singapore map is provided by LTA so don't play play. Though 3D map now (pro version) is out, i think additional $100 if i'm not wrong.. but i dont find it necessary .. and many said you only listen to the voice navigation and hardly look at the screen....so u decide Smile
lakopi
lakopi

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 24th June 2009, 5:18 pm

I totally agree with what you say. There's is really no tangible advantage for many end-users of on-board GPS who choose Garmin. It's just for those of us who really tinker with the maps, POI and other map data who see the almost endless possibilities. So any current hardware with the now widely available LTA enhanced maps for Singapore would be good enough for the general population.

Back to Garmin, with many widely available user authored maps(many free or requiring only a token 'donation') of various countries, the advantage is clear for GIS geeks. Not that it's really necessary, the maps on my old Nuvi 300 displays contour lines, many tracks and trails off-the-beaten-track, road/track networks in the local gazetted training areas and etc... All added in myself based on the current available maps and Google Earth.

So choosing any other brand or model depends on your usage. If you really want to go the full-blown 'solution', go for a internet-enabled car-puter. With mobile BB so cheap now, why not? =)

BR,
w a y

lakopi wrote:many go for Garmin ... but i picked Holux GPSmile 62
http://www.eastgear.com/store/holux-gpsmile-62-personal-navigation-device-p-325.html
i heard quite good reviews .. and bigger screen (edge free) ... singapore map is provided by LTA so don't play play. Though 3D map now (pro version) is out, i think additional $100 if i'm not wrong.. but i dont find it necessary .. and many said you only listen to the voice navigation and hardly look at the screen....so u decide Smile
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 24th June 2009, 9:48 pm

waypoint wrote:I totally agree with what you say. There's is really no tangible advantage for many end-users of on-board GPS who choose Garmin. It's just for those of us who really tinker with the maps, POI and other map data who see the almost endless possibilities. So any current hardware with the now widely available LTA enhanced maps for Singapore would be good enough for the general population.

Back to Garmin, with many widely available user authored maps(many free or requiring only a token 'donation') of various countries, the advantage is clear for GIS geeks. Not that it's really necessary, the maps on my old Nuvi 300 displays contour lines, many tracks and trails off-the-beaten-track, road/track networks in the local gazetted training areas and etc... All added in myself based on the current available maps and Google Earth.

So choosing any other brand or model depends on your usage. If you really want to go the full-blown 'solution', go for a internet-enabled car-puter. With mobile BB so cheap now, why not? =)

BR,
w a y

lakopi wrote:many go for Garmin ... but i picked Holux GPSmile 62

thats right bro, i go for mobile version since its almost free and with the audio function from garmin mobile, i'll alright with the small screen as directions were given by audio too..
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 24th June 2009, 10:57 pm

I guess everyones has its own individual preference cheers
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down