Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Car Wash or DIY Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Car Wash or DIY Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Car Wash or DIY Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Car Wash or DIY Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Car Wash or DIY Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Car Wash or DIY Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Car Wash or DIY Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Car Wash or DIY Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Car Wash or DIY Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Car Wash or DIY

+18
jactsq
keigo
Mahinda
leedevil
ck7373
Juz@kid
mwerkz
Leonard
kysoong
BluRz
kenincf
balonglong_1979
tish
waypoint
melburn
Fortec
Kiang
saturnz^83
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Car Wash or DIY Empty Car Wash or DIY

Post by saturnz^83 20th June 2009, 11:58 am

Hi People

Would like to know whether bring to petrol kiosk for car wash is better or DIY is better, or both the same? After washing for 1 month plus, i really find it lazy and also hv not much time to wash my car liao..somemore with the hot weather like this..really intending to go for car wash.

On the other hand, heard frm ppl that car wash will cause scratches on the car, not sure whether how true is it. Anybody can advise?
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Car Wash or DIY Empty Re: Car Wash or DIY

Post by Kiang 20th June 2009, 12:05 pm

my advise is to DIY to wash ur car....

imagine in petrol kiosk....

1) they use the same cloth to wipe from 1 car to last car of the day
2) no sure wat shampoo they use..
3) dunno they use clean water or not...

Y DIY
1) u know wat u use for ur car...
2) Monitor car if needed to arrange for polish
3) Exersice yourself if u no time to exersice.
4) Cheaper ....1 pail 20cents compare to $6 bucks

hehee my 3 cents thinking
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 20th June 2009, 12:12 pm

Hi Bro

Hmm..they will use clean water coz in the beginning they will use water hose gun to spray water all over the car..to wash off all the dirt and sand..for shampoo and cloth..i nt sure le..i always see many cars queue for car wash..tot like ok leh..hai..really too lazy and no time....
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 20th June 2009, 1:55 pm

Prefer DIY Wash, feeling is different lol
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by melburn 20th June 2009, 2:12 pm

I prefer car wash, for me only 2.50 per wash.

Car wash shampoo may not be as gd but the water gun is definitely more effective than using pail to splash the car. Also i find it difficult to spend 1 or 2 hrs to wash my car coz i'm lazy, but i do vacuum the car myself Razz .

Anyway the stories of scratching the car is the same, even if u diy there is a high chance u scratch the car urself, so end of the day is whether u want to scratch it urself or let others scratch it Razz

For me i choose car wash as after washing it stills give me the normal shine i want, end of the day its up to ur own preference. Fine scratches is just a matter of time. Just go for grooming once in a while and it will look gd enough.

Very Happy
melburn
melburn

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 20th June 2009, 3:31 pm

The high pressure spray jet will strip your car of the precious PPS or clear coat on the base paint work.
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 20th June 2009, 4:11 pm

waypoint wrote:The high pressure spray jet will strip your car of the precious PPS or clear coat on the base paint work.
yes, only car wash if u are desperate.... ie came back from mud track race.... Shocked
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by balonglong_1979 20th June 2009, 4:36 pm

if have no time or lets say rainy season & u dun want effort wasted, $6 car wash then
self touch up with quick detailer and tyre foam also gives quite good results

one thing about carwash, they often miss some spots. also, then dont really clean the wheels and tyres.

balonglong_1979

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 20th June 2009, 4:51 pm

I would say, DIY for the first few months, until you feel the more and more lazy and the more and more tired to DIY, then go for car wash. Razz
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by BluRz 20th June 2009, 5:12 pm

I nvr understand why my dad and my hubby like to DIY, now owning a white forte, i understand their purpose.
YOu will nvr clearly look at your car everyday, only when u DIY ur car then you'll notice any faults/scratches on it.
For me, Tish & I washed the car on friday afternn, halfway thru, it rained...damn heavy!~ Mad
Afterwhich, the road was dirty, my white forte turned dirty again!!!!~ Evil or Very Mad
I get irritated when I see my car got so dirty.
Isn't it suppose to be white and shiny after the wash???

Anyway, DIY or Car wash, it all depends on the situation.
once in a while car wash, i think ok lah...monitor the helpers if you are worried that they might scratch ur car, which i used to do so when I took my dad's Vios for car wash.
BluRz
BluRz

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 20th June 2009, 5:26 pm

anyway, do b ard when the helpers are wiping the car... my wife kenna once when the helper swopped the cashcard without her realising... she onli knew it when SPF IO called her that they arrested the chap...
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 20th June 2009, 5:31 pm

BluRz wrote:I nvr understand why my dad and my hubby like to DIY, now owning a white forte, i understand their purpose.
YOu will nvr clearly look at your car everyday, only when u DIY ur car then you'll notice any faults/scratches on it.
For me, Tish & I washed the car on friday afternn, halfway thru, it rained...damn heavy!~ Mad
Afterwhich, the road was dirty, my white forte turned dirty again!!!!~ Evil or Very Mad

once in a while car wash, i think ok lah...monitor the helpers if you are worried that they might scratch ur car, which i used to do so when I took my dad's Vios for car wash.

cuz the reason it's simply being WHITE !
black oso face the same problem ! diff to maintain loh .
but i guess since u both decided to buy white then .. i think u all are ready for upcoming challenges on ur car (:
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by mwerkz 21st June 2009, 1:01 am

melburn wrote:I prefer car wash, for me only 2.50 per wash.

Car wash shampoo may not be as gd but the water gun is definitely more effective than using pail to splash the car. Also i find it difficult to spend 1 or 2 hrs to wash my car coz i'm lazy, but i do vacuum the car myself Razz .

Anyway the stories of scratching the car is the same, even if u diy there is a high chance u scratch the car urself, so end of the day is whether u want to scratch it urself or let others scratch it Razz

For me i choose car wash as after washing it stills give me the normal shine i want, end of the day its up to ur own preference. Fine scratches is just a matter of time. Just go for grooming once in a while and it will look gd enough.

Very Happy

y ur car wash so cheap? my hm here de caltex cost me 7bucks. juz wash last nite. today dirty again -_-" but if 2.50bucks i dun mind la.

mwerkz

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 21st June 2009, 1:10 am

Seriously..i'm getting more and more lazy to DIY after 1 mth of washing..haha..and u know..blue colour if got dirt super obvious to b seen..i whole week nv wash car..today when i drove out..spotted whole car damn dirty..quite paiseh if i drive along the road..keke..but i dun care..just hoping it will rain and wash all the dirt away..and it did!! It rained very heavy in the evening just nw! But i tink now back to dirty again..

As what balonglong_1979 said, the cleaners will miss some spots, for eg wheels and tyres..tink that one still ok..quite easy to DIY..just that the body onli..tink i will do it alternate..one week car wash..the other week DIY..hmm..tinking back..every week like dat $7 quite siong leh..keke
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 21st June 2009, 1:35 am

simple... if u lazy, juz go for pay car wash.. if not, vice versa... What a Face
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 21st June 2009, 3:14 am

Leonard wrote:
BluRz wrote:I nvr understand why my dad and my hubby like to DIY, now owning a white forte, i understand their purpose.

cuz the reason it's simply being WHITE !
black oso face the same problem ! diff to maintain loh .
but i guess since u both decided to buy white then .. i think u all are ready for upcoming challenges on ur car (:
heheh ya loh, bo bian de, choice of color decided, anyway black is
even worst. I use to wash my bike n polish longest 4 hours ++, so for
car, i should be use to it, since washing bike is harder than washing
car..... bike alot of tiny tiny holes and parts .....
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by ck7373 21st June 2009, 3:36 am

I am also thinking going to car wash near my place at $1.85 per wash with coupon purchase. But todate, i am till hand wash myself with quickwax thereafter. Like some said, maybe i will go car wash when i get lazy mths down the road, and follow-up with quick wax by myself to maintain the shine of paintwork. Hope this plan works...Smile
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 21st June 2009, 9:35 am

Just make sure you don't use car shampoos with wax as part of its ingredients if you have applied PPS on your car previously it'd mar the finish.
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by mwerkz 21st June 2009, 9:43 am

ck7373 wrote:I am also thinking going to car wash near my place at $1.85 per wash with coupon purchase. But todate, i am till hand wash myself with quickwax thereafter. Like some said, maybe i will go car wash when i get lazy mths down the road, and follow-up with quick wax by myself to maintain the shine of paintwork. Hope this plan works...Smile

where is de car wash near ur placE? so cheap with coupon? recommend i go try leh.

really lazy to wash car la. hah.

mwerkz

Back to top Go down

Post by leedevil 21st June 2009, 12:42 pm

For mw i have to find chance to wash my car bt now hand injured and also lazy..so whenever it rains i wait till it stops den go dry my car...enviromentally friendly..haha...and also to prevent watermarks...so now car consider quite clean...hahaha

leedevil

Back to top Go down

Post by ck7373 21st June 2009, 12:51 pm

mwerkz wrote:
ck7373 wrote:I am also thinking going to car wash near my place at $1.85 per wash with coupon purchase. But todate, i am till hand wash myself with quickwax thereafter. Like some said, maybe i will go car wash when i get lazy mths down the road, and follow-up with quick wax by myself to maintain the shine of paintwork. Hope this plan works...Smile

where is de car wash near ur placE? so cheap with coupon? recommend i go try leh.

Near Nee Soon camp, along upper thomson rd Caltex station. Single wash is at $3 on weekdays. Buy coupon at $50 for 27 coupons with not expiry date for use. Go try out bro.
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 21st June 2009, 1:35 pm

saturnz^83 wrote:Seriously..i'm getting more and more lazy to DIY after 1 mth of washing..haha..and u know..blue colour if got dirt super obvious to b seen..i whole week nv wash car..today when i drove out..spotted whole car damn dirty..quite paiseh if i drive along the road..keke..but i dun care..just hoping it will rain and wash all the dirt away..and it did!! It rained very heavy in the evening just nw! But i tink now back to dirty again..

As what balonglong_1979 said, the cleaners will miss some spots, for eg wheels and tyres..tink that one still ok..quite easy to DIY..just that the body onli..tink i will do it alternate..one week car wash..the other week DIY..hmm..tinking back..every week like dat $7 quite siong leh..keke

bro, i face the same problem as u cos i bought the BLUe color too...

i wash on friday mornZ... n rain in the afternoon while driving... n stain with a bit mud here n there...
wah sianZ 1/2 n damm uneasy when i see my car dirty,,,

den how............ today i wash again hahaahahaa
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by balonglong_1979 21st June 2009, 2:03 pm

Kiang wrote:
saturnz^83 wrote:Seriously..i'm getting more and more lazy to DIY after 1 mth of washing..haha..and u know..blue colour if got dirt super obvious to b seen..i whole week nv wash car..today when i drove out..spotted whole car damn dirty..quite paiseh if i drive along the road..keke..but i dun care..just hoping it will rain and wash all the dirt away..and it did!! It rained very heavy in the evening just nw! But i tink now back to dirty again..

i wash on friday mornZ... n rain in the afternoon while driving... n stain with a bit mud here n there...

doesnt mean everytime drive thru rain gotta wash again. if car is waxed properly e.g. once every 1-2 months (depending whether u park hot sun or indoor) should be quite water repellent.

when drive thru rain, just wipe away mud stains with quick detailer / wax.

if you like to DIY wash car, you"ll find that small little touch up (which takes 15-20mins) through the week will make ur weekly washing much easier Very Happy

balonglong_1979

Back to top Go down

Post by mwerkz 21st June 2009, 10:58 pm

ck7373 wrote:
mwerkz wrote:

Near Nee Soon camp, along upper thomson rd Caltex station. Single wash is at $3 on weekdays. Buy coupon at $50 for 27 coupons with not expiry date for use. Go try out bro.

den buy coupon can use on wkend? or oso wkdays? wanna share the coupons?

mwerkz

Back to top Go down

Post by mwerkz 21st June 2009, 11:00 pm

Very Happy

share where u do ur car wash leh. c which one nearer to my hm =p

mwerkz

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 22nd June 2009, 12:17 am

Kiang wrote:

Mine is like whole car got patches of rain stains..today morning duno y dun feel that lazy...buay tahan liao..coz later going to town..dun wana feel paiseh again..got up early and DIY myself! Haha
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 22nd June 2009, 12:18 am

balonglong_1979 wrote:
Kiang wrote:

doesnt mean everytime drive thru rain gotta wash again. if car is waxed properly e.g. once every 1-2 months (depending whether u park hot sun or indoor) should be quite water repellent.

when drive thru rain, just wipe away mud stains with quick detailer / wax.

if you like to DIY wash car, you"ll find that small little touch up (which takes 15-20mins) through the week will make ur weekly washing much easier Very Happy

Yeah bro..tink i will do that..spot any bits of dirt or stain..faster go clean..like that end of the week if wana DIY..will not feel dat siong..keke
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by melburn 22nd June 2009, 12:27 am

mwerkz wrote:

Very Happy

Opps paisey just saw ur post, i wash at the caltex station on braddell road, near SPH news centre there. Its $5 for 2 snow wash, he will giv u a coupon when u pay $5 and the next wash will b free.

Very Happy
melburn
melburn

Back to top Go down

Post by ck7373 22nd June 2009, 1:32 am

mwerkz wrote:
ck7373 wrote:
mwerkz wrote:

Use coupon on weekends add $1 more. Don't mind sharing the coupons at $25 each....you stay near there?
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 22nd June 2009, 1:55 am

saturnz^83 wrote:
Kiang wrote:

Mine is like whole car got patches of rain stains..today morning duno y dun feel that lazy...buay tahan liao..coz later going to town..dun wana feel paiseh again..got up early and DIY myself! Haha
if u just kena small drizzle then heavy sun, better faster do a quick wash on the car, the dusty stain will damage the paint work along with the hot sun... a friend told me that.
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by mwerkz 22nd June 2009, 11:53 am

melburn wrote:
mwerkz wrote:

Very Happy

Opps paisey just saw ur post, i wash at the caltex station on braddell road, near SPH news centre there. Its $5 for 2 snow wash, he will giv u a coupon when u pay $5 and the next wash will b free.

Very Happy

keke. even further den thomson. but this one can wash on wkends?

mwerkz

Back to top Go down

Post by mwerkz 22nd June 2009, 11:55 am

ck7373 wrote:
mwerkz wrote:
ck7373 wrote:
mwerkz wrote:

Use coupon on weekends add $1 more. Don't mind sharing the coupons at $25 each....you stay near there?

kee. better to find 3 person to share. cos 27tix. cannot divide by 2 =p

btw i stay super far. at bukit batok. but wkends i go mt alvernia for my childbirth classes. but if count like tat. den de bradell one cheaper? considering i usually do my wash on wkends.

or if u really buying even if not sharing, den i buy some from u =x

mwerkz

Back to top Go down

Post by ck7373 22nd June 2009, 2:56 pm

mwerkz wrote:
ck7373 wrote:
mwerkz wrote:
ck7373 wrote:
mwerkz wrote:

btw i stay super far. at bukit batok. but wkends i go mt alvernia for my childbirth classes. but if count like tat. den de bradell one cheaper? considering i usually do my wash on wkends.

If you need some, let me know. I am buying for my lazyness to cut-in.....Smile
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by mwerkz 22nd June 2009, 3:06 pm

ck7373 wrote:
mwerkz wrote:
ck7373 wrote:
mwerkz wrote:
ck7373 wrote:
mwerkz wrote:

okie. if u happen to go to de 3rd meetup, maybe i can buy some from u. but not too many. cos i really stay too far -_-" n most of the time i go amk is wkends.

If you need some, let me know. I am buying for my lazyness to cut-in.....Smile

erms.. great! if u happen to go to the 3rd meetup, i can buy some from u. but not too many. cos everytime i go to amk, it'll be on wkends.

mwerkz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahinda 22nd June 2009, 4:20 pm

Sian. Mine black lei. A few of my friends rec me go wax one layer 1st when I get my car. Black hard to maintain sia although it's an idiot proof colour. elephant
Mahinda
Mahinda

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 22nd June 2009, 4:30 pm

wow so fast start washing car... look like I'm the real lazy one.. from collecting car till now still have not wash my car... Razz

So good wash car with hubby... free come help me wash also... lol!
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 22nd June 2009, 5:18 pm

keigo wrote:

wow so fast start washing car... look like I'm the real lazy one.. from collecting car till now still have not wash my car... Razz

Den bro, ur car not dirty meh? Me just walk out off my office, take a look at my car..KNS! Got 2 bird shit!!Super TL!!
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 22nd June 2009, 5:22 pm

keigo wrote:

lol, u lao da ma, 2 weeks later got people wash for u hahah
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by mwerkz 22nd June 2009, 6:19 pm

keigo wrote:

it's ok. fr de time i took my car to i wash at car wash, it's 3wks =p

mwerkz

Back to top Go down

Post by melburn 22nd June 2009, 11:27 pm

mwerkz wrote:
melburn wrote:
mwerkz wrote:

Very Happy

Very Happy

Anyday, anytime before their closing.
Btw the coupon gt expiry date i think is 2 or 3 weeks.
But sometimes the coupon expire i giv the uncle he also except Razz
melburn
melburn

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 22nd June 2009, 11:43 pm

saturnz^83 wrote:
keigo wrote:

Den bro, ur car not dirty meh? Me just walk out off my office, take a look at my car..KNS! Got 2 bird shit!!Super TL!!

of coz dirty.. plus Sat rain abit... I only clean the windows only when my car is installing the alarm..
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by BluRz 22nd June 2009, 11:47 pm

keigo wrote:

Aiyah, thot u say dunno which workshop gonna wash car for u when u bring ur car for dunno what service...(Sorry, kinda bad memory, not sure what u gonna do to ur car) Razz

saturnz^83 wrote:

Our sunroof oso kena, that's why Tish n I can't stand it and got it washed thumbsup
BluRz
BluRz

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 22nd June 2009, 11:51 pm

BluRz wrote:
keigo wrote:

Aiyah, thot u say dunno which workshop gonna wash car for u when u bring ur car for dunno what service...(Sorry, kinda bad memory, not sure what u gonna do to ur car) Razz

saturnz^83 wrote:

Our sunroof oso kena, that's why Tish n I can't stand it and got it washed thumbsup

Haiya I'm say cause next week sending in my car for PPS ma.. which they will wash my car before PPS.. so why wash it now... Evil or Very Mad
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by jactsq 22nd June 2009, 11:55 pm

I bring my dad's car to airport road's Shell for Manual car wash...

$10 for Vacuum, Tyre Shine and Car Wash
$7 for Wash

So far I like their service as they wash every detail of your car surface and do it with care... Affordable pricing too! Can try if you are becoming lazy, coz its really clean. =)

jactsq

Back to top Go down

Post by mwerkz 23rd June 2009, 12:01 am

melburn wrote:
mwerkz wrote:
melburn wrote:
mwerkz wrote:

Very Happy

Very Happy

Anyday, anytime before their closing.
Btw the coupon gt expiry date i think is 2 or 3 weeks.
But sometimes the coupon expire i giv the uncle he also except Razz

lol. got expiry date one ah. den abit troublesome. keke. uncle nv c la. too dark. go at nite nxt time if coupon expire. everytime give same coupon, till one day he accept Very Happy

mwerkz

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 23rd June 2009, 11:06 am

saturnz^83 wrote:

talking about that sigh!!!

2nd day i went to my mum house eat, come out see sun roof tio jiao sai... and the sai very special one, its yellow in color and its being spray on the sun roof... the jiao lao sai on it... i swear to god if i ever catch that bird i make sure i bbq it on the 3rd meet up !!! Evil or Very Mad

why i know that is the result of bird spray.... coz my work place alot of people kena !!
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 23rd June 2009, 11:33 am

luckily till now still no bird shit on my car....
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by mwerkz 23rd June 2009, 11:40 am

sian. everytime park below my home oso kena bird shit. i think within 3wks i tio like 7times -_-" really lucky. zzzz

mwerkz

Back to top Go down

Post by ozzie75 23rd June 2009, 11:47 am

mwerkz wrote:sian. everytime park below my home oso kena bird shit. i think within 3wks i tio like 7times -_-" really lucky. zzzz

It's a sign of windfall coming along. Need to let us know your car-plate no to bet on 4D. Smile

ozzie75

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 23rd June 2009, 2:35 pm

I got bird shit and cat shit everyday. Because my place is with open air parking only. Crying or Very sad
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next