Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Forte's Thick A Pillar Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Forte's Thick A Pillar Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Forte's Thick A Pillar Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Forte's Thick A Pillar Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Forte's Thick A Pillar Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Forte's Thick A Pillar Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Forte's Thick A Pillar Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Forte's Thick A Pillar Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Forte's Thick A Pillar Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Forte's Thick A Pillar

+11
nothing
loveforte
Fortec
impact2001
scorpey
nocash
waypoint
tiny
greatgazoo
Juz@kid
K-Family
15 posters

Go down

Forte's Thick A Pillar Empty Forte's Thick A Pillar

Post by K-Family 13th June 2009, 11:19 am

Makes it difficult to see pedestrians on right turns at junctions.

Things get worse when you install visors.

Drivers please take note of this blind spot as it is potential accident hazard. Move your head more!! bounce

K-Family

Back to top Go down

Forte's Thick A Pillar Empty Re: Forte's Thick A Pillar

Post by Juz@kid 13th June 2009, 11:34 am

me find it quite difficult to see e centre kerb divider when making a right turn at junction coz its block by e pillar n right wing mirror....
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 13th June 2009, 11:41 am

Congratulation, you are owning a big car, so live with it lol!
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 13th June 2009, 12:16 pm

I find it's ok leh. Not any worse than the Vios I used to drive. I just don't like the rising bodyline of the window when I'm parking..i always end up parking slightly askewed because I am so used to judging the parking alignment that way..need to relearn..

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 13th June 2009, 12:48 pm

Agree! My solution is to use the boot 'horizon' as a guide in reference with anything horizontal at the back of the lot above the boot 'horizon'. The two reference points must be parallel in order for your car to be swee-swee straight in the lot. If no horizontal reference at the back of the lot then suck thumb, lor? In-out, in-out a few more times... LOL!

BR,
w a y

tiny wrote:I just don't like the rising bodyline of the window when I'm parking..i always end up parking slightly askewed because I am so used to judging the parking alignment that way..need to relearn..
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 13th June 2009, 12:51 pm

i place two blind spot mirror on each side of the side mirror to view rear wheel when doing reverse parking.
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 13th June 2009, 12:58 pm

There's a reversing module that automatically tilts the mirror down by a few degrees the moment you hit the reverse gear..Mancando boss told me it's coming in soon when I installed my folding mirror module. But I have reservations on such an item..if everyday the motor up/down a few times, how long can the motor last?

Ebay is also selling wide angle mirror for the forte, will help remove blindspots both horizontally and vertically..basically it's a stick on mirror that fits over the stock mirror and it's slightly fisheye in construction. Maybe we can get Mancando to bring that one in.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 13th June 2009, 1:17 pm

Cheap and good solution. Not fool-proof but still it works!

Forte's Thick A Pillar Parking

And because the Forte's rear-end really is quite short thanks to the long wheel-base, there are not many parking lots that would cause us to hit the bumper when we are also assisted by 4-reverse sensors.
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 13th June 2009, 1:42 pm

wah.. how come u guys parking got so much procedures one.. beri complex leh.. =P

normally i aga aga.. gauge.. no particular way.. most of the time use the vehicles on left or right as reference.. so sometime the car beside slant i oso slant Razz but seldom lah..

if w/o car around den i look at the parking lot lines.. blind spots mirror comes in handy.. give u the effect or tilting mirror effect but of cos mirror area is much much smaller.. Smile
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 13th June 2009, 2:01 pm

I had driven quite a few cars, FORTE is the 1st one that i need to install blind mirror on side mirrors just for the sake of parking...
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 13th June 2009, 3:59 pm

impact2001 wrote:I had driven quite a few cars, FORTE is the 1st one that i need to install blind mirror on side mirrors just for the sake of parking...

Really? Personally I have no issues with the mirrors though.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 13th June 2009, 4:09 pm

impact2001 wrote:I had driven quite a few cars, FORTE is the 1st one that i need to install blind mirror on side mirrors just for the sake of parking...

can share wad kinda blind mirror u using? my current ride is rotate-able kind.. quite good but the size a bit small.. wondering which types are the best and where to get it.. Smile
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 13th June 2009, 4:24 pm

scorpey wrote:

can share wad kinda blind mirror u using? my current ride is rotate-able kind.. quite good but the size a bit small.. wondering which types are the best and where to get it.. Smile

Hehe.. I just realize i type blind mirror.. it should be blind spot mirror.. Mine one is nothing special one.. Just got from autobacs, those circular type rotatable one.. I try to get those more of like a mirror instead of just a reflective sliver coating..

I had to admit these kind usually kinda small but autobacs do sell one or two type quite big one which I find it quite ugly..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 13th June 2009, 4:47 pm

impact2001 wrote:
scorpey wrote:

Hehe.. I just realize i type blind mirror.. it should be blind spot mirror.. Mine one is nothing special one.. Just got from autobacs, those circular type rotatable one.. I try to get those more of like a mirror instead of just a reflective sliver coating..

I had to admit these kind usually kinda small but autobacs do sell one or two type quite big one which I find it quite ugly..

haha.. i oso blindly follow u type blind mirror.. but understood its blind spot mirrors lah.. oh ya, i oso notice rotating kind usu not big.. not sure if those bigger ones but non-rotating r better.. anyone tried both types and can share his/ her experience?
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 13th June 2009, 5:33 pm

fyi new civic oso got the same prob.
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 13th June 2009, 10:44 pm

I also installed 2 short blind spot mirror but more for parallel parking, scare kana rims...haha
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 13th June 2009, 10:57 pm

Did any of you guys change the mirror adhesive to 3M's? Scared if broken difficult to take out and leave mark behind..
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 13th June 2009, 10:59 pm

weeza77 wrote:Did any of you guys change the mirror adhesive to 3M's? Scared if broken difficult to take out and leave mark behind..

Not difficult to remove the adhesive...either use zippo fluid or thinner...tried before Laughing
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 14th June 2009, 12:23 am

aiyo.. go so hard?? den if drive SUV isnt it more worst for most of them??

I used to drive 3ton and 5ton aso like that park.. cannot see back aso like that reverse park.. my back view aso blk aso like that turn right or U turn..

All you need is get used to it.. after that you will mastered the skill of bigger size vehicle =)
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 14th June 2009, 12:39 am

nothing wrote:I also installed 2 short blind spot mirror but more for parallel parking, scare kana rims...haha

I also got installed blind spot mirror..but also kena rims..sad sia..

I also agree that when turning right junction, it's quite hard for me to look at the kerb on the right when turning,scared will kena the kerb..coz blocked by the right side mirror
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 14th June 2009, 12:41 am

I hope before they get use to it, they dont pay alot of repair $ lol
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content