Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
2-DIN Touchscreen ICE with GPS on Trial with latest 2-L Fortes Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
2-DIN Touchscreen ICE with GPS on Trial with latest 2-L Fortes Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
2-DIN Touchscreen ICE with GPS on Trial with latest 2-L Fortes Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
2-DIN Touchscreen ICE with GPS on Trial with latest 2-L Fortes Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
2-DIN Touchscreen ICE with GPS on Trial with latest 2-L Fortes Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
2-DIN Touchscreen ICE with GPS on Trial with latest 2-L Fortes Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
2-DIN Touchscreen ICE with GPS on Trial with latest 2-L Fortes Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
2-DIN Touchscreen ICE with GPS on Trial with latest 2-L Fortes Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
2-DIN Touchscreen ICE with GPS on Trial with latest 2-L Fortes Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

2-DIN Touchscreen ICE with GPS on Trial with latest 2-L Fortes

+22
Cypher
leedevil
kenincf
tiny
lawrenceke
JayJ
greatgazoo
Kiang
luvxiaobeng
nocash
Dar
keigo
pataro59
turbo4ev
my_motor
forte-red
dav2011
loveforte
meeoows
Terrier
tish
waypoint
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2-DIN Touchscreen ICE with GPS on Trial with latest 2-L Fortes Empty 2-DIN Touchscreen ICE with GPS on Trial with latest 2-L Fortes

Post by waypoint 14th June 2009, 3:56 pm

A friend just booked a 2-Litre(A) Forte this afternoon. Gave up the BK and was given a trial 2-DIN Touchscreen ICE with GPS as part of the swap.

I have no idea at all what the system is like and where it hails from. I'm more curious about how it's installed than anything else. Apparently, some showroom cars are already installed with it.

BTW, the 2-L(A) is now $60,000!

BR,
w a y
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

2-DIN Touchscreen ICE with GPS on Trial with latest 2-L Fortes Empty Re: 2-DIN Touchscreen ICE with GPS on Trial with latest 2-L Fortes

Post by tish 14th June 2009, 4:01 pm

for 60k C&C must be trying very hard to attract ppl to buy 2 liters lol!!

At least i paid 53,999 for 2 L without the gps, but if got free de even better hiak hiak hiak
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

2-DIN Touchscreen ICE with GPS on Trial with latest 2-L Fortes Empty Re: 2-DIN Touchscreen ICE with GPS on Trial with latest 2-L Fortes

Post by waypoint 14th June 2009, 4:28 pm

If it's a 'trial' unit, I'd be checking with the SE if I have a chance at it since I have to wait for so long for the car. In fact, all the more reason if the car is not even on our shores yet.

BR,
w a y

tish wrote:for 60k C&C must be trying very hard to attract ppl to buy 2 liters lol!!

At least i paid 53,999 for 2 L without the gps, but if got free de even better hiak hiak hiak
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 14th June 2009, 4:56 pm

i seen that GPS system before
its a 3.5" GPS replaced the clock bracket to this GPS bracket..

It came with CMOS camera for reverse parking which overall i think its not worth at all..

In msia I saw this 3.5" Screen bracket + Screen + CMOS camera at RM399. CMOS camera is always not recommended cause in the night you cant see clearly..
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by meeoows 14th June 2009, 5:22 pm

Hi Waypoint, is this a 3.5 inch one?

Mancando has a 7inch version mount on top which replaces the clock section too. That one looked much better but uses SpeedNavi program. They told me it'll cost around $1k plus. Anybody seen it ?
meeoows
meeoows

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 14th June 2009, 5:36 pm

i bought my 2.0 SX auto $55,999
with BK, 3M mat and rike cool nia.
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by dav2011 14th June 2009, 5:56 pm

meeoows wrote:Hi Waypoint, is this a 3.5 inch one?

Mancando has a 7inch version mount on top which replaces the clock section too. That one looked much better but uses SpeedNavi program. They told me it'll cost around $1k plus. Anybody seen it ?

this is interesting ..any photos?
dav2011
dav2011

Back to top Go down

Post by meeoows 14th June 2009, 5:59 pm

Sorry forgot to take photo. But Mancando staff told me it's from korea. It's also a multimedia player which can play dvds, mp4 etc and also has rear cam function.

by the way, SpeedNavi good for Singapore? Anybody can share?
meeoows
meeoows

Back to top Go down

Post by dav2011 14th June 2009, 6:02 pm

meeoows wrote:Sorry forgot to take photo. But Mancando staff told me it's from korea. It's also a multimedia player which can play dvds, mp4 etc and also has rear cam function.

by the way, SpeedNavi good for Singapore? Anybody can share?

but how can it be fixed onto our forte?
If can, let organise a GB
dav2011
dav2011

Back to top Go down

Post by meeoows 14th June 2009, 6:31 pm

Hmm..my friend and I are very interested in it actually. I will probably check with them to see if they can take a picture of it and mms to me? haha...
meeoows
meeoows

Back to top Go down

Post by forte-red 14th June 2009, 6:33 pm

2-DIN Touchscreen ICE with GPS on Trial with latest 2-L Fortes Forte.zip

This picture was taken few days back at Ubi showroom.
Wonder if this is what you guys are talking about.
Smile
forte-red
forte-red

Back to top Go down

Post by forte-red 14th June 2009, 6:35 pm

sorry guys, not sure why picture is not showing
forte-red
forte-red

Back to top Go down

Post by meeoows 14th June 2009, 6:41 pm

dont think so, Mancando didnt put their gps system up at any C&C showroom.

spoke to one of their staffs, they say will email to me the pics tomorrow. will post it up once received.
meeoows
meeoows

Back to top Go down

Post by dav2011 14th June 2009, 9:16 pm

meeoows wrote:dont think so, Mancando didnt put their gps system up at any C&C showroom.

spoke to one of their staffs, they say will email to me the pics tomorrow. will post it up once received.

thanks
dav2011
dav2011

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 14th June 2009, 9:32 pm

Dunno. Have not seen it myself. A pity.

BR,
w a y

meeoows wrote:Hi Waypoint, is this a 3.5 inch one?

waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 14th June 2009, 10:30 pm

forte-red wrote:2-DIN Touchscreen ICE with GPS on Trial with latest 2-L Fortes Forte.zip

This picture was taken few days back at Ubi showroom.
Wonder if this is what you guys are talking about.
Smile

because this is my link for the servicing manual, its a 23mb manual and the [img] code wont work with a .html unless its a .gif/jpg/bmp/png etc etc
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by my_motor 15th June 2009, 12:17 am

loveforte wrote:i bought my 2.0 SX auto $55,999
with BK, 3M mat and rike cool nia.
what is BK

my_motor

Back to top Go down

Post by turbo4ev 15th June 2009, 12:24 am

bodykit
turbo4ev
turbo4ev

Back to top Go down

Post by meeoows 15th June 2009, 12:31 am

By the way, SpeedNavi good?
meeoows
meeoows

Back to top Go down

Post by pataro59 15th June 2009, 12:36 am

Hi Bro & Sis,you can see on a 1.6 at C n C Alexander rd cost extra 1500

pataro59

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 15th June 2009, 1:25 am

u mean the bodykit cost $1500?

ya, all the showroom got show now.
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by pataro59 16th June 2009, 3:28 pm

Hi tish,I meant the gps

pataro59

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 16th June 2009, 3:56 pm

ohh hehehe Razz
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by meeoows 16th June 2009, 4:08 pm

The Mancando staff called to say they would still like to do some tests b4 they start selling this din unit. so cant send the pics to us yet. Well, if you're interested can drop by Mancando probably, they shd be able to show it to you. Smile
meeoows
meeoows

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 16th June 2009, 6:49 pm

i ask my SE about can give me the gps unit for free and she said can........

provided i paid 3k for bodykit and gps unit. thats the price to top up
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 16th June 2009, 6:51 pm

meeoows wrote:The Mancando staff called to say they would still like to do some tests b4 they start selling this din unit. so cant send the pics to us yet. Well, if you're interested can drop by Mancando probably, they shd be able to show it to you. Smile

They want tester.. I volunteer.. Twisted Evil
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar 20th June 2009, 11:27 am

Hi guys, i just collected my ride yesterday and it came with a surprise... abuilt in GPS unit and reverse camera. Will post some pictures when I can.
Dar
Dar

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 20th June 2009, 11:34 am

Congrats sis, you got your ride quite fast cheers
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by luvxiaobeng 20th June 2009, 11:38 am

keigo wrote:
meeoows wrote:The Mancando staff called to say they would still like to do some tests b4 they start selling this din unit. so cant send the pics to us yet. Well, if you're interested can drop by Mancando probably, they shd be able to show it to you. Smile

Hahaha..... their boss bought a forte liao.... so all the test will be done on tat car..... the GPS is nice....but have spoke to them, need at least 20 ppl then they will import it in.....coz once the import it is in thousands..... so I'm assuming after selling 20 sets they will break even in cost.... but I heard them sayin 500 plus only leh..... So is a thousand ar??
luvxiaobeng
luvxiaobeng

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar 20th June 2009, 11:42 am

nocash wrote:Congrats sis, you got your ride quite fast cheers

Yep thanks! cheers
Dar
Dar

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 20th June 2009, 11:58 am

Value for the moolah indeed for the 2-Litre models!

BR,
w a y

Dar wrote:Hi guys, i just collected my ride yesterday and it came with a surprise... abuilt in GPS unit and reverse camera. Will post some pictures when I can.
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 20th June 2009, 11:58 am

Dar wrote:Hi guys, i just collected my ride yesterday and it came with a surprise... abuilt in GPS unit and reverse camera. Will post some pictures when I can.

wah............. so nice...
onli 2 L have ah.....

jealous man !!!
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar 20th June 2009, 12:06 pm

eh...pai seh, forgot how to post pics... any bro can give me a quick enlightenment?
Dar
Dar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar 20th June 2009, 12:43 pm

Okie, here are the pics:

1) Start Page

2-DIN Touchscreen ICE with GPS on Trial with latest 2-L Fortes BuiltinGPSUnit

2) GPS System Main Page

2-DIN Touchscreen ICE with GPS on Trial with latest 2-L Fortes GPS

3) Reverse Camera

2-DIN Touchscreen ICE with GPS on Trial with latest 2-L Fortes ReverseCamera
Dar
Dar

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 20th June 2009, 1:20 pm

Mancando actually did their unit on C&C but C&C replace it with a smaller one with limited function. Was told by C&C that Mancando one is too big cheers I duno wat these guys are thinking nowadays.

Yes like wat Meeoows and xiaobeng had mention, mancando is still testing and modifying the GPS system so that every function is utilised and can be use. The reverse camera is also hidden with parking assist. Mancando told me to hold this GB but I told him if there is only a few ppl who wants it, no point holding a GB.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by dav2011 20th June 2009, 2:04 pm

greatgazoo wrote:Mancando actually did their unit on C&C but C&C replace it with a smaller one with limited function. Was told by C&C that Mancando one is too big cheers I duno wat these guys are thinking nowadays.

Yes like wat Meeoows and xiaobeng had mention, mancando is still testing and modifying the GPS system so that every function is utilised and can be use. The reverse camera is also hidden with parking assist. Mancando told me to hold this GB but I told him if there is only a few ppl who wants it, no point holding a GB.

Hi bro,

Did they tell you how much will that cost? Thanks
dav2011
dav2011

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 20th June 2009, 2:11 pm

If it's $1500 for like what C&C threw-in for the 2.0-L models, MCD can keep the console for themselves... LOL!

BR,
w a y
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by JayJ 20th June 2009, 2:25 pm

Just asked my SE how much would it cost. was quoted $1000 for that.

JayJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 20th June 2009, 2:54 pm

luvxiaobeng wrote:
keigo wrote:

Hahaha..... their boss bought a forte liao.... so all the test will be done on tat car..... the GPS is nice....but have spoke to them, need at least 20 ppl then they will import it in.....coz once the import it is in thousands..... so I'm assuming after selling 20 sets they will break even in cost.... but I heard them sayin 500 plus only leh..... So is a thousand ar??

he quote me $1050.. i was there in Mancando ytd noon and saw the boss's car.. chio chio.. but too expensive..
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 20th June 2009, 3:11 pm

dav2011 wrote:
greatgazoo wrote:Mancando actually did their unit on C&C but C&C replace it with a smaller one with limited function. Was told by C&C that Mancando one is too big cheers I duno wat these guys are thinking nowadays.

Hi bro,

Yes the price is around $1,000 to $1,200 with a bigger touch screen, DVD, GPS, reverse camera assist etc.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by JayJ 20th June 2009, 3:24 pm

is it worth the money? the unit CnC are selling have all these functions?

greatgazoo wrote:
dav2011 wrote:

Hi bro,

Yes the price is around $1,000 to $1,200 with a bigger touch screen, DVD, GPS, reverse camera assist etc.

JayJ

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 20th June 2009, 6:35 pm

If it is about 800 with DVD and reversing features and it is built into the dash, I would say it's a good buy. Otherwise if it's a plain built in GPS only unit at 1k, I'll say it's stupid. Because Garmin units are going for under $300, and they are transferable from car to car.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 20th June 2009, 7:42 pm

tiny wrote:If it is about 800 with DVD and reversing features and it is built into the dash, I would say it's a good buy. Otherwise if it's a plain built in GPS only unit at 1k, I'll say it's stupid. Because Garmin units are going for under $300, and they are transferable from car to car.

I'm totally agreed with you, bro tiny. I purchased a GPS with 7" screen recently. It works great and it only costs me 1/3 of the stated price. Maybe I will take a photo later to show you guys. cheers
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 20th June 2009, 8:46 pm

Can't wait to see your pic kenincf.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by meeoows 21st June 2009, 12:44 am

Hmm..i actually dont mind getting the set by MCD if it's around $1k as i'm quite careless and always forgot to keep the gps set when i leave the car.

Moreover, it looks quite nicely embedded too. Smile I mean the one by MCD. Dont really like the one by C&C, lcd too small and doesnt look very nice.
meeoows
meeoows

Back to top Go down

Post by meeoows 21st June 2009, 12:58 am

By the way Dar, when did you book yr 2L? I booked a 2L too end April but SE told me no GPS leh. Did u do a top up of $$? Just curious Smile
meeoows
meeoows

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 21st June 2009, 1:29 am

Same same, me prefer the set by MCD too cheers
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 21st June 2009, 5:10 am

meooww or gazoo.. got the screen pic from MCD??
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by meeoows 21st June 2009, 12:56 pm

*highfive greatgazoo*

sorry terrier, i forgot to take pic of the mcd set. waiting for mcd to do the tests now. if everything's ok, will get them to send pic to us to put up forum.

but if any forummers go visit mcd, maybe can help to take a pic and put up here?
meeoows
meeoows

Back to top Go down

Post by leedevil 21st June 2009, 1:05 pm

Must start saving $$ for this posion while they do the testing..hahaha

leedevil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next