Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Pick Up Speed for EX (M) Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Pick Up Speed for EX (M) Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Pick Up Speed for EX (M) Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Pick Up Speed for EX (M) Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Pick Up Speed for EX (M) Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Pick Up Speed for EX (M) Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Pick Up Speed for EX (M) Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Pick Up Speed for EX (M) Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Pick Up Speed for EX (M) Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Pick Up Speed for EX (M)

+9
eraser
scorpey
nothing
muff
tish
tiny
whyeme
Fortec
saturnz^83
13 posters

Go down

Pick Up Speed for EX (M) Empty Pick Up Speed for EX (M)

Post by saturnz^83 9th June 2009, 11:33 pm

Hi People

Do you think the pick up speed for EX (M) is kinda slow? Coz whenever i'm the first car at the traffic light junction, starting to drive off, it seems like the cars beside me and behind me pick up faster than me! This happens when i had my Variant 1 coz it was heavy, i tot Forte is much lighter in weight but how come pick up still slower then other cars such as EX Lancer and even Avante! hmm... Sad
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Pick Up Speed for EX (M) Empty Re: Pick Up Speed for EX (M)

Post by Fortec 9th June 2009, 11:50 pm

try rev harder? Maybe ur not yet get used to the car yet?

The forte is slow is a fact. Just becos it's looks good don't means it go fast Razz.

Another thing is most cars are auto, very easy to move off traffic light...brain dead also can go.

Weight, rolling resistance also plays a part.

Some Ways to move out faster at traffic light

1) Launching, 4-4.2k rev(1.6M Forte) and let fly ur clutch WOOT!!! More wear to ur clutch...but very shiok to see dash out with a little wheel spin.

2) Anticipate the lights, get ur bite point rdy and GO!....another quick way to wear out clutch.

3) Just rev higher, auto transmission tends to change gear every 2.5-4k rpm range depending on makes.

4) Roll to the lights without stopping and GO when it changes. Save fuel, save brakes and the cars will be in ur rear view mirror! Don't do this if there's cars behind u...will sure kana stares, fingers and horns.

5) Get ur gf or urself to distract the driver...how is up to ur imagination.

But there's no point being the fastest car out of every traffic light tbh...waste petrol and only own ego to soothe. Nobody will remember "THAT CAR THAT FLIES OFF THE TRAFFIC LIGHT" after a night sleep Razz.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by whyeme 10th June 2009, 12:58 am

saturnz^83 wrote:Hi People

Do you think the pick up speed for EX (M) is kinda slow? Coz whenever i'm the first car at the traffic light junction, starting to drive off, it seems like the cars beside me and behind me pick up faster than me! This happens when i had my Variant 1 coz it was heavy, i tot Forte is much lighter in weight but how come pick up still slower then other cars such as EX Lancer and even Avante! hmm... Sad

yes bro our 1.6auto forte is not meant to be fast in pick up (24 of our horses seems to have gone awol)
EX kerb weight 1251kg...still heavy
engine tuned more for better FC i guess
so balance here balance there...FC not too bad, pick up not too good...but PRICE damn good! Very Happy

whyeme

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 10th June 2009, 1:10 am

Saturn, I think part of the problem is because you got an even larger profile tire than the stock one. 215/50/17 means your wheel's circumference is larger and the tire is heavier, both are negative factors in acceleration.

The past 2 days I've been trying hard acceleration out from standstill, the car actually accelerates decently, although not as fierce as my old Vios. It can still catch some taxis offguard if you are willing to floor it. I'm beginning to believe that the 0-100 in 10.5secs is actually achievable after my 5k servicing.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 10th June 2009, 2:39 am

ehh how come after 5 k servicing can achieve ? confused
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 10th June 2009, 11:12 am

tiny wrote:Saturn, I think part of the problem is because you got an even larger profile tire than the stock one. 215/50/17 means your wheel's circumference is larger and the tire is heavier, both are negative factors in acceleration.

The past 2 days I've been trying hard acceleration out from standstill, the car actually accelerates decently, although not as fierce as my old Vios. It can still catch some taxis offguard if you are willing to floor it. I'm beginning to believe that the 0-100 in 10.5secs is actually achievable after my 5k servicing.

Ya..maybe hor..larger profile tyres and heavy weight of the body..these 2 factors are good enuff to make my pick up slow..tink i have to rev till 3 to 4 rpm den can..
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 10th June 2009, 11:12 am

tiny wrote:Saturn, I think part of the problem is because you got an even larger profile tire than the stock one. 215/50/17 means your wheel's circumference is larger and the tire is heavier, both are negative factors in acceleration.

Ya..maybe hor..larger profile tyres and heavy weight of the body..these 2 factors are good enuff to make my pick up slow..tink i have to rev till 3 to 4 rpm den can..
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 10th June 2009, 11:23 am

bro, you need to rev harder leh....otherwise even QQ will be ahead of you...keke..
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 10th June 2009, 11:25 am

But bro, if rev harder, from inside you hear the engine will be quite noisy..erm..long term wise, will it affect the engine?
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 10th June 2009, 11:36 am

are you using the bonnet sound insulation mat ? this mat should help to reduce the noise that you're hearing........anyway 3-4K RPM would'nt harm your engine lah.....sometime you just need to wake them up a little.....and once you engine loosen up more...you'll start to enjoy yr ride more.....FC also will improve.....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 10th June 2009, 11:43 am

tish wrote:ehh how come after 5 k servicing can achieve ? confused

It's just a ballpark figure lah. Because now only the first oil change, there'll still be some fine metal fillings and chips floating around within the oiling system. Anyway my engine is much more free revving after the 1k servicing, FC should only get better with each progressive tankful.

I'm thinking of going full synthetic at 5k servicing, I find it's not really necessary to do 1 more round of mineral oil. Mineral oil tend to give lousier FC and takes abit longer to circulate your engine every time you start the car from cold.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 10th June 2009, 11:53 am

Just need to step harder, my previous ride 1st gear on 4K rpm, lasts me for 5 yrs plus with no adverse effect on the auto tranny....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 10th June 2009, 12:20 pm

i used to have the same feeling when i got my 1.1(M) picanto.. u need to rev more in order to move faster.. i thk if u can feel the kick at abt 3k rpm is quite ok liao.. another point is.. ur car still new.. after running abt 10k km.. it can actually go faster..
btw, i test drove the subaru impreza.. the car super lack in pick up.. step so much and cannot move much.. worst than forte leh~ =P
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 10th June 2009, 12:27 pm

Don't forget..it's only a 1.6liter engine sitting in a 1250kg chassis. I think even if you put a Civic B16a engine inside, the acceleration will still be about 9secs. Small CC engines just do not have the necessary low rev torque to pull from a standstill. Short of doing illegal stuff like installing stroker kits or forced induction, there's no much you can do.

Just rev more to get the car moving..

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 10th June 2009, 2:31 pm

tiny wrote:
tish wrote:ehh how come after 5 k servicing can achieve ? confused

It's just a ballpark figure lah. Because now only the first oil change, there'll still be some fine metal fillings and chips floating around within the oiling system. Anyway my engine is much more free revving after the 1k servicing, FC should only get better with each progressive tankful.

I'm thinking of going full synthetic at 5k servicing, I find it's not really necessary to do 1 more round of mineral oil. Mineral oil tend to give lousier FC and takes abit longer to circulate your engine every time you start the car from cold.

ic, thanks for the info.

anyway i tot the car is filled with mineral when u collect and at 1k they put in full syn ? not the case r?
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 10th June 2009, 4:01 pm

have to agreed that Forte insulation is not that good...engine roar can be loud... Very Happy
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 10th June 2009, 5:01 pm

dun understand why Forte sound insulation is worse off than its older brother the "Avante".....Forte is newer and suppose to be even better leh.....every time I sat on my friend's Avante, I can't help comparing.....but younger brother is definitely more handsome... Laughing
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by eraser 11th June 2009, 12:31 am

Perhaps to keep the weight of the forte down due to the additional features packed inside, they used lighter sound proof material

eraser

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 11th June 2009, 12:32 am

The mancando technician who installed my auto-fold mirror told me that the inner door panel of the Avante was a solid piece of metal plate, while the Forte's one is a metal subframe..too open, only the outer skin of the car blocking the sound.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 11th June 2009, 9:06 am

Yes, have to agreed Avante sound insulation is better...but I still love my forte...haha Very Happy
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by pbeyondp 11th June 2009, 9:30 am

i driving EX(auto)

i feel my car very quiet leh. i using stock Nexen tyres 15inch.

my pickup is normal.

HOWEVER, highway overtaking has lots of power.

don't believe u try it one day. u see a vios? move to the right lane, press a bit harder, see how the forte flies.

So i reckon the 124 BHP is more for high speed power.

pbeyondp

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 11th June 2009, 10:27 am

muff wrote:are you using the bonnet sound insulation mat ? this mat should help to reduce the noise that you're hearing........anyway 3-4K RPM would'nt harm your engine lah.....sometime you just need to wake them up a little.....and once you engine loosen up more...you'll start to enjoy yr ride more.....FC also will improve.....

Hmm..my Bluey doesn't come with the sound insulation mat leh bro..i noticed during the meetup, some of the members have leh..will C&C do it for free if i go for the 5K servicing?
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 11th June 2009, 11:07 am

The problem lies with the gearing. 1st and 2nd gear is just too high. And 4th and 5th (particularly 5th gear) can be lower abit. 3k rpm on 5th gear at 100kph is abit too high for a manual car..2.8k should be just nice..and can probably hit a slightly higher top speed with a higher 5th gear.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by PillowER 11th June 2009, 11:35 am

tiny wrote:The problem lies with the gearing. 1st and 2nd gear is just too high. And 4th and 5th (particularly 5th gear) can be lower abit. 3k rpm on 5th gear at 100kph is abit too high for a manual car..2.8k should be just nice..and can probably hit a slightly higher top speed with a higher 5th gear.

You really know the car well, must get use to the car to have optimun control over it.

BTW, anyone has lobang to tune the ECU???
PillowER
PillowER

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 11th June 2009, 12:02 pm

tiny wrote:The problem lies with the gearing. 1st and 2nd gear is just too high. And 4th and 5th (particularly 5th gear) can be lower abit. 3k rpm on 5th gear at 100kph is abit too high for a manual car..2.8k should be just nice..and can probably hit a slightly higher top speed with a higher 5th gear.

hmm maybe try a higher profile tyres this case u get 100km in 2.8k rpm but ur accel will get worst.. well u win some u lose some.. and in any case 1.6L engine have higher rpm then the bigger CC and also the max pulling torque of our forte is at 4100 rpm if run in properly hence the peak point of the torque accel speed curve is there.. so simple rev more to move off. beside occasional mid- high rev can be health for ur car. as so called "clear carbon".. =) cheeers btw my forte loud and bassy after the hurricane filter change at 3500 rpm and above maybe getting louder after exhust operation lolx.. tyres alos damn noise as i am using the toyo T1R so i cant tell if the insulation is good lolx for my case i think louder the better lolx
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 11th June 2009, 12:06 pm

You going to Kway-Tor your exhuast box? Damned we should really catch up at WCM someday soon. I did have the same idea, but everyone tells me different story. Some say just fail inspection but $50 fine, some say it's considered totally illegal and $500 fine.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by PillowER 11th June 2009, 12:11 pm

tiny wrote:You going to Kway-Tor your exhuast box? Damned we should really catch up at WCM someday soon. I did have the same idea, but everyone tells me different story. Some say just fail inspection but $50 fine, some say it's considered totally illegal and $500 fine.

WCM = West Coast Mac???
Can i join??? I stayed Western side of Singapore also.
PillowER
PillowER

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 11th June 2009, 12:14 pm

saturnz^83 wrote:
muff wrote:are you using the bonnet sound insulation mat ? this mat should help to reduce the noise that you're hearing........anyway 3-4K RPM would'nt harm your engine lah.....sometime you just need to wake them up a little.....and once you engine loosen up more...you'll start to enjoy yr ride more.....FC also will improve.....

Hmm..my Bluey doesn't come with the sound insulation mat leh bro..i noticed during the meetup, some of the members have leh..will C&C do it for free if i go for the 5K servicing?

The bonnet insulation mat come only on SX, some EX owners got from MCD abt 80 per pcs
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 11th June 2009, 12:19 pm

PillowER wrote:
tiny wrote:You going to Kway-Tor your exhuast box? Damned we should really catch up at WCM someday soon. I did have the same idea, but everyone tells me different story. Some say just fail inspection but $50 fine, some say it's considered totally illegal and $500 fine.

WCM = West Coast Mac???
Can i join??? I stayed Western side of Singapore also.

Sure..but I'll be cycling down..hahah I stay 5mins walk away from WCM only.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 11th June 2009, 1:34 pm

tiny drive la... y cycle?? haha sure can join us heheh e maybe tml nite? then make it a weekly thing for west siders? anyway maybe not kway tor maybe change the whole thing to super sprint.. considering extractor too =) 4 to 1 straight out 2.5inch? maybe lolx
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 11th June 2009, 2:31 pm

Hmm you gonna go the entire illegal mod route? Just a word of warning, the ROVs are very adept at hearing exhuast tone. Even a simple de-cat also sounds different from stock.

I think one of the Korean websites sells a 4-2-1 aftermarket exhuast. 4-1 is only for top end and sacrifices the midrange.. Most people only go for 4-1 either for full race or supercharging. I think you should investigate if the stock Forte exhuast system is too restrictive or not. For all you know it might be sharing the exhuast system with the 2liter version as some cars do, and it might actually be quite free-flowing already.

There is one more way to a freer flowing exhuast legally..spray water into the exhuast overnight and flooring it constantly to destroy the internal steel wool..but it'll take months to do it.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 11th June 2009, 3:13 pm

i hope they come out with legal 4-2-2. i love twins...
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 11th June 2009, 6:16 pm

nothing wrote:
saturnz^83 wrote:

The bonnet insulation mat come only on SX, some EX owners got from MCD abt 80 per pcs

Oh..so that means EX dun have la..hmm...think gt to go MCD and buy liao..
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 11th June 2009, 6:21 pm

if u don't mind DIY, can get those insulation pad with self adhesive, one big sheet only abt $25....used that on my old ride...not too bad...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 11th June 2009, 7:28 pm

tiny wrote:The mancando technician who installed my auto-fold mirror told me that the inner door panel of the Avante was a solid piece of metal plate, while the Forte's one is a metal subframe..too open, only the outer skin of the car blocking the sound.

wat the technician mentioned is correct, I've seen both the Avante and Forte with the inner door panel removed......Avante is a whole piece with some opening where as Forte is having the open sub-frame type...... this I believes is to reduce the weight of the Forte.
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 12th June 2009, 11:01 am

saturnz^83 wrote:
nothing wrote:
saturnz^83 wrote:

bro i going tml wanna go?
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 12th June 2009, 11:05 am

tiny wrote:Hmm you gonna go the entire illegal mod route? Just a word of warning, the ROVs are very adept at hearing exhuast tone. Even a simple de-cat also sounds different from stock.

I think one of the Korean websites sells a 4-2-1 aftermarket exhuast. 4-1 is only for top end and sacrifices the midrange.. Most people only go for 4-1 either for full race or supercharging. I think you should investigate if the stock Forte exhuast system is too restrictive or not. For all you know it might be sharing the exhuast system with the 2liter version as some cars do, and it might actually be quite free-flowing already.

There is one more way to a freer flowing exhuast legally..spray water into the exhuast overnight and flooring it constantly to destroy the internal steel wool..but it'll take months to do it.

bro i did the water thing to my old odyssey lolx the exhuast become very sour smell man cos ammonia coming from the exhuast lolx... but the flow is more free hehe... i think i will just do the muffler box.
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 12th June 2009, 1:07 pm

Divine wrote:
saturnz^83 wrote:
nothing wrote:
saturnz^83 wrote:

Bro, paiseh, tml i got fren's housewarming..can't make it wor..
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbull 12th June 2009, 2:18 pm

hi saturnz, personally, I find my SX(A) pickup is fairly decent and if not, pretty good. It is not slow at all. So, your manual version should be better than mine.

Maybe u are used to much more better pick up from other cars. Comparing to other Jap made I have before, this Forte pick up is really something unexpected as the weight of the car is not light too. Maybe I am not heavy with my right foot yah. Very Happy

bigbull

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 12th June 2009, 2:28 pm

Hi bigbull, but mine is EX model, not sure whether is it the same as SX interms of pick up..as what other bros have said, maybe it's my tyre profile that slows down the pick up..my previous car was also Cerato..and pick up was really quite slow..at least this is some how better just that compared with other cars, mine is still slow..
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbull 12th June 2009, 2:51 pm

saturnz^83 wrote:Hi bigbull, but mine is EX model, not sure whether is it the same as SX interms of pick up..as what other bros have said, maybe it's my tyre profile that slows down the pick up..my previous car was also Cerato..and pick up was really quite slow..at least this is some how better just that compared with other cars, mine is still slow..

EX and SX have the same specs. Everything under the bonnet is the same. Moreover, SX has bigger tyres. If u have gone beyond 17' for your rim, then the wider profile will have some impart on the pick up. But it shouldn't affect that much.

I have two manual gears car before, and I actually love manual more than auto gears. U control the car rather then the car control u. But the heavy start-stop traffic now in Singapore deter me from getting manual gear cars anymore.

bigbull

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 12th June 2009, 4:55 pm

saturnz^83 wrote:
Divine wrote:
saturnz^83 wrote:
nothing wrote:
saturnz^83 wrote:

bro everytime jio u cannot 1 leh kns
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 12th June 2009, 4:57 pm

Our Forte SX(A) pick up isn't that bad...the gear ration pretty good from 1st to 3rd....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 12th June 2009, 6:21 pm

Divine wrote:
saturnz^83 wrote:
Divine wrote:
saturnz^83 wrote:
nothing wrote:
saturnz^83 wrote:

bro everytime jio u cannot 1 leh kns

Alamak bro..dun like that say..really paiseh wor..my schedule quite packed ar..coincidentally when u jio me tml i hv fren's housewarming...sorry man..i also wana go balestier that u mentioned to see the car accessories but also no time sia... Sad
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down