Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
pet peeves while driving Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
pet peeves while driving Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
pet peeves while driving Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
pet peeves while driving Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
pet peeves while driving Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
pet peeves while driving Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
pet peeves while driving Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
pet peeves while driving Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
pet peeves while driving Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

pet peeves while driving

+13
purefish
liplip
FriesL
zhuzhumao
pessimizt
Siaoster
NiVleK
ano57
thinkforte
boklsg
JuanST
DarkPrince
patsy
17 posters

Go down

pet peeves while driving Empty pet peeves while driving

Post by patsy 5th March 2010, 11:50 am

What drives you crazy when on the road??? For me... it's:

• Drivers who speed up from behind you when you indicate you want to change lanes
  • Drivers who tail gate, even if you're going at 100kph in the middle lane
  • Pedestrians who dash across the street, without looking if there's a car or not, especially at corners (this grandma carrying a child and bags did just that earlier today, stepped off the curb without looking!!)
  • Drivers who don't indicate when changing lanes, or those who don't even acknowledge you've let them into the lane
  • Motorbikes weaving in and out of the lanes (especially those JB ones on the BKE going to JB), or those who drive at 50 kph but insist on hogging the bloody middle lane!
  • Drivers who hog parking spaces

and no, am not really having a bad day Smile
patsy
patsy

Back to top Go down

pet peeves while driving Empty Re: pet peeves while driving

Post by DarkPrince 5th March 2010, 12:08 pm

patsy wrote:What drives you crazy when on the road??? For me... it's:

• Drivers who speed up from behind you when you indicate you want to change lanes
  • Pedestrians who dash across the street, without looking if there's a car or not, especially at corners (this grandma carrying a child and bags did just that earlier today, stepped off the curb without looking!!)
  • Drivers who don't indicate when changing lanes, or those who don't even acknowledge you've let them into the lane
  • Motorbikes weaving in and out of the lanes (especially those JB ones on the BKE going to JB), or those who drive at 50 kph but insist on hogging the bloody middle lane!

and no, am not really having a bad day Smile

Hmm.. nearly same as mine.. have a nice day patsy!!
DarkPrince
DarkPrince

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 5th March 2010, 3:10 pm

patsy wrote:What drives you crazy when on the road??? For me... it's:

and no, am not really having a bad day pet peeves while driving Icon_smile

aiyah.... ur blood pressure...... pet peeves while driving Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 5th March 2010, 3:16 pm

What drives you crazy when on the road??? For me... it's:

patsy's peeve and juanst's not so serious answers.....

i thought this is being taught in driving school as standard practice....... pet peeves while driving Icon_razz
    middle lane so free.... then first lane must be free.... maybe he just want to meet u and exchange particulars...

pedestrian is king/queen .... until u hit them and they die or get paralysed...

see first problem. so if i can change lane , it is not because u let me, but because i am a better driver.... pet peeves while driving Icon_twisted

weave in and out got problem.... stay and slow .... oso got problem. where to go?

maybe they are parking...... pet peeves while driving Icon_lol

Last edited by JuanST on 5th March 2010, 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by boklsg 5th March 2010, 3:20 pm

To add on.....

Driver sudden break infront of you for nothing....

boklsg

Back to top Go down

Post by thinkforte 5th March 2010, 3:22 pm

Hey Patsy, I concur with your list, especially the one on motorcyclists weaving through traffic... Super hard to see (even when you break your neck to check your blind spot) and very dangerous, especially at night!

Add to your list people who don't turn on their headlights at night - and still have the cheek to high-beam you when you cut in front of their "invisible" car!

thinkforte

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 5th March 2010, 3:25 pm

Motorbikes weaving in and out of the lanes (especially those JB ones on the BKE going to JB), or those who drive at 50 kph but insist on hogging the bloody middle lane!

this one i totally agree.. even as a rider.... I LET THEM PASS...

They like rushing for re-incarnation....
I still wish to reach home in 1 piece .....
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by thinkforte 5th March 2010, 3:27 pm

@boklsg: Once I encountered this guy who drove at 50kmh along Lentor Ave... Kept stepping on his brakes when there are NO CARS in front of him! Think he was drunk... pet peeves while driving Icon_sad

thinkforte

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 5th March 2010, 3:50 pm

• Drivers tailgating me in the middle lane! WTF. Go the right lane la. Siao
  • Drivers who cannot keep still within the lane...shifting left and right within the lane. DUnno what you want la. Wake up!
  • Drivers with signal left but change lane to right! Wah lau.
  • Drivers who wash their windscreen when I am behind them and I just wash car!!!! SIAN!
  • Crazy drivers who brake for fun. Small tiny turn also need to brake. KAOZ!
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 5th March 2010, 4:01 pm

thinkforte wrote:Hey Patsy, I concur with your list, especially the one on motorcyclists weaving through traffic... Super hard to see (even when you break your neck to check your blind spot) and very dangerous, especially at night!

Add to your list people who don't turn on their headlights at night - and still have the cheek to high-beam you when you cut in front of their "invisible" car!

Agree !!!
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by patsy 8th March 2010, 9:29 am

one more for a Monday.... drivers who horn at you when you stop in front of a yellow box as if that few feet will make a super big difference to how quickly he can get to work!
patsy
patsy

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 8th March 2010, 11:23 am

Wow.....so many already.........let me try to contribute:

- cars that simply cant wait in queue (they just like to overtake 1 or 2 cars in front of them)
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by zhuzhumao 8th March 2010, 11:28 am

i dun like cars with super bright front light machiam high beam like that always blind my eyes.. in SG road is it really necessary to install those super bright white light?
zhuzhumao
zhuzhumao

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 8th March 2010, 11:34 am

zhuzhumao wrote:i dun like cars with super bright front light machiam high beam like that always blind my eyes.. in SG road is it really necessary to install those super bright white light?

100% agree......... pet peeves while driving 332362
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 8th March 2010, 12:09 pm

yup.. HID lights without leveler is killing.. i really dun like them... (sorry to some)

to add..

for some who like to accelerate to block you when you already signal your intend long enough to filter out Sad and have v.good dist. (just met this morning ) mad

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 8th March 2010, 1:32 pm

JuanST wrote:What drives you crazy when on the road??? For me... it's:

patsy's peeve and juanst's not so serious answers.....

i thought this is being taught in driving school as standard practice....... pet peeves while driving Icon_razz
    middle lane so free.... then first lane must be free.... maybe he just want to meet u and exchange particulars...

pedestrian is king/queen .... until u hit them and they die or get paralysed...

see first problem. so if i can change lane , it is not because u let me, but because i am a better driver.... pet peeves while driving Icon_twisted

weave in and out got problem.... stay and slow .... oso got problem. where to go?

maybe they are parking...... pet peeves while driving Icon_lol

The not so serious responses is good in a way, like the things you would think about when you think Zen and meditate. Remember to cross your leg when you are reviewing this list from Juan and start meditating.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by patsy 8th March 2010, 2:22 pm

oh yeah, cars who don't queue say in a turning lane and insist on cutting the queue close to the start.. very common when you exit CTE in Cairnhill and want to turn towards Scott's Rd!
patsy
patsy

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 8th March 2010, 3:37 pm

patsy wrote:oh yeah, cars who don't queue say in a turning lane and insist on cutting the queue close to the start.. very common when you exit CTE in Cairnhill and want to turn towards Scott's Rd!

and several KPE entrances too pet peeves while driving Icon_evil
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 10th March 2010, 9:06 am

anywhere in sg, this happens.......

if u dun wan queue cutters to do their deed, ur car must be perfectly aligned and near the car in front of u. also ur car must be very near the right side line.... another frenly reminder from my bukit batok driving instructor ......

what? not part of the training u got from driving school? pet peeves while driving Icon_twisted
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 10th March 2010, 11:57 am

JuanST wrote:anywhere in sg, this happens.......

if u dun wan queue cutters to do their deed, ur car must be perfectly aligned and near the car in front of u. also ur car must be very near the right side line.... another frenly reminder from my bukit batok driving instructor ......

what? not part of the training u got from driving school? pet peeves while driving Icon_twisted

Thats why i usually do hahaha

Stick close to the front.

HATE queue cutters
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by purefish 10th March 2010, 12:26 pm

----->>> Cars that thought u wanna "jio" them to play on the road just because u overtake them a bit just to reach your destination faster without even putting any cars in danger (eg, e-brake, jump Q)..... I even do all the checks, proper signals but that r ppl out there who is sore when see other cars faster by abit..... "xin ji" very strong..... pet peeves while driving Icon_razz
purefish
purefish

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 10th March 2010, 1:20 pm

- Drivers who speed up from behind you when you indicate you want to
change lanes

And when you do change lane before they can speed up fast enough to block you. They will just horn at you. A few time I just point my middle finger up and slow down my speed to make them brake even more...
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabes 10th March 2010, 1:48 pm

One more to Add:

Whilst approaching a filter lane in heavy traffic. Some impatient drivers just speed up all the way nearing the filter lane and cut in front of you to avoid "queuing up". Causing drivers behind to hit their brakes hard. Potential cause for chain collisions. I've personally seen this happened.
Gabes
Gabes

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 10th March 2010, 3:20 pm

Gabes wrote:One more to Add:

Whilst approaching a filter lane in heavy traffic. Some impatient drivers just speed up all the way nearing the filter lane and cut in front of you to avoid "queuing up". Causing drivers behind to hit their brakes hard. Potential cause for chain collisions. I've personally seen this happened.

especially if the one who cuts u is a bus or a really long truck that u will be forced either to stop or change lane immediately....... pet peeves while driving Icon_twisted
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by patsy 11th March 2010, 12:35 am

am just worried if i drive to close to the car in front and he suddenly stops, i might hit him and the q cutter gets off scot free!

keigo wrote:- Drivers who speed up from behind you when you indicate you want to
change lanes

And when you do change lane before they can speed up fast enough to block you. They will just horn at you. A few time I just point my middle finger up and slow down my speed to make them brake even more...

yah... i just drive really slowly.... i can see them get very upset sometimes and will just smile at them!

one more are those who come from a side road and cross the double white lines to change lanes not caring that there are cars coming from the main road... always happens to me coming from upper bukit timah to clementi road, those cars coming from bukit timah road but need to change lanes to go to SMU/Nanyang poly!!
patsy
patsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 11th March 2010, 2:10 am

Some white koup half a car behind on my right lane die die want to SQUEEZED into my lane coz his lane got road work going on.

I slowed down for him and let his ego through. My wife wants to display ur EGO plate here but I guess nvrm lah...however please do use some common sense at least and yeah I know u own a KOUP, but then again.....what use is it to u if u end up dead coz U need to SQUEEZED ur EGO into oblivion?
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 11th March 2010, 8:05 am

patsy wrote:

am just worried if i drive to close to the car in front and he suddenly stops, i might hit him and the q cutter gets off scot free!

when ur in queue,, usually it is start - stop... so not much danger hitting... just dun give too much space.. less than half a car lenght to be safe ... pet peeves while driving Icon_smile or u can turn on ur HL, if u can still see the reflection of the HL on the front car, u r safe.
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 11th March 2010, 8:08 am

Due to my slow pickup (1500 - 2000rpm), usually there will have a gap (of about 1.5 car length) between myself and the car in front during queue.......and the others will take the chance to cut in......sigh.
If i pick up fast (rev 2500rpm and up), i heart-pain of the FC...... pet peeves while driving Icon_sad sigh....sigh.
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 11th March 2010, 8:12 am

pessimizt wrote:Due to my slow pickup (1500 - 2000rpm), usually there will have a gap (of about 1.5 car length) between myself and the car in front during queue.......and the others will take the chance to cut in......sigh.
If i pick up fast (rev 2500rpm and up), i heart-pain of the FC...... pet peeves while driving Icon_sad sigh....sigh.

we are all becoming the kiasu drivers..... pet peeves while driving Icon_twisted
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 11th March 2010, 8:13 am

Kiasu as in dont want to let people cut queue ?
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 11th March 2010, 8:19 am

pessimizt wrote:Kiasu as in dont want to let people cut queue ?

not a question of cuting queue.... a question of not wanting to lose out....
i admit it leh... i usually queue but sometimes i make a wrong assessment / decision
and i need to cut queue... so i do...

if i see some1 wants to cut queue and i notice that the lights have been blinking from far away,
chances are, he/she made a wrong decision back there.....i let them in...

if i see the person speeding and just turn on his blinkers near the spot, it will all depend on positioning.... pet peeves while driving Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 11th March 2010, 8:26 am

Sometimes if i miss a turn, i will probably continue to travel further up and look for U-turn (even on highways).
But i see some people simply just swerve and 'chap' into the turning lane (sometimes resulting the 'backside' still sticking out at the non-turning lane and causing the cars behind to brake un-necessarily).
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 11th March 2010, 8:31 am

if nobody lets in, i go for the next turn.... as my bbdc instructor said, singapore so small that u just keep turning.... u will see ur destination eventually..... pet peeves while driving Icon_razz
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 11th March 2010, 8:33 am

JuanST wrote:if nobody lets in, i go for the next turn.... as my bbdc instructor said, singapore so small that u just keep turning.... u will see ur destination eventually..... pet peeves while driving Icon_razz

Agree ! pet peeves while driving 332362
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 11th March 2010, 9:35 am

That reminds me of one incident sometime this year...

Was going down Serangood Road towards Bendemeer Road......
Near the junction where the PIE flyover was, there was a car driven, ahem, by a lady on the right most lane......

She stops....about 30m from the junction when the lights are green for traffic going to Bendemeer Road....all cars behind her have to stop....

She signal left....and inch her way.....slowly across the 4 lanes so that she can turn left to go down the road thats leads to the ramp going up PIE......

So many cars especially those far behind coming from the other lanes were horning at her........some nearly hit her car.......and er...she doesn't stop car.....she's very focus....she wants her way....she want to go that way.....nobody is to stop her....

This kind of driver is the ultimate......there is no consideration of other users on the roads. She is creating dangerous situation for other users whose expectation is a smooth drive down the road....not expecting someone to do such an expected maneuver against the rules....

Disclaimer: I'm not against woman drivers.....but this one takes the cake for crazy thing people do on the road. pet peeves while driving 256379

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 11th March 2010, 9:41 am

agree.... i think her father owns the roads..... pet peeves while driving 332362
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 11th March 2010, 10:18 am

I am trying to 'train' myself to not flare up if kena cut abruptly.....
Do you guys think listening to zen / new age music helps ? Hahaha.

I think music plays a part in driving. I once blasted my MP3 songs in the car (black eyed peas) and realised that i tends to drive 'faster'. pet peeves while driving Icon_tongue
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down