Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
How Do You Know If the Washer Reservoir Level is Low? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
How Do You Know If the Washer Reservoir Level is Low? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
How Do You Know If the Washer Reservoir Level is Low? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
How Do You Know If the Washer Reservoir Level is Low? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
How Do You Know If the Washer Reservoir Level is Low? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
How Do You Know If the Washer Reservoir Level is Low? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
How Do You Know If the Washer Reservoir Level is Low? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
How Do You Know If the Washer Reservoir Level is Low? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
How Do You Know If the Washer Reservoir Level is Low? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

How Do You Know If the Washer Reservoir Level is Low?

+13
redkoup
JuanST
KnightRider
waypoint
longbow
winn
Atlant1s
jeRrRKKKK
forte3737
NiVleK
qbear
firmrock
SoBeR
17 posters

Go down

How Do You Know If the Washer Reservoir Level is Low? Empty How Do You Know If the Washer Reservoir Level is Low?

Post by SoBeR 15th February 2010, 10:55 am

Hey Everyone! First thing first.... Happy CNY! Huat Ah!

Hee, Ok, now to topic proper...

I have been driving my Koup for a month now, every few days I have to activate the Washer for my windscreen wiper to clear the dust that were accumulated... and.. I'm just wondering when i will need to top up the Washer Reservoir....

Opening up my Bonnet, I found this container to the left side:
How Do You Know If the Washer Reservoir Level is Low? Img1309u

There's no clear indication of a "Low" level and checking against the Owner's Manual only says to top up when its low...

My question is....

How to know if the Reservoir is low without any indicator markings?

Any Bro/Sis here have any idea?
SoBeR
SoBeR

Back to top Go down

How Do You Know If the Washer Reservoir Level is Low? Empty Re: How Do You Know If the Washer Reservoir Level is Low?

Post by firmrock 15th February 2010, 11:17 am

aiya.. ya see near empty.. just top up...

firmrock

Back to top Go down

How Do You Know If the Washer Reservoir Level is Low? Empty Re: How Do You Know If the Washer Reservoir Level is Low?

Post by qbear 15th February 2010, 8:20 pm

ya... visual check or till not spurt out loh.. kekeke
qbear
qbear

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 15th February 2010, 9:09 pm

I usually wait till no water come out then top up lor....this water...not so important to monitor for me....
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 15th February 2010, 9:31 pm

by the way, if using silicon wipers, use plain water in the reservoir. dun use special washer fluid.

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 15th February 2010, 10:55 pm

just max it out, the water will help cool the engine anyway

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlant1s 15th February 2010, 10:58 pm

based on gut feel. How Do You Know If the Washer Reservoir Level is Low? Icon_biggrin
Atlant1s
Atlant1s

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 15th February 2010, 11:04 pm

jeRrRKKKK wrote:just max it out, the water will help cool the engine anyway

ya...the water recirculates in the engine cylinders and cool it...so maintaining the level is critical!
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by winn 15th February 2010, 11:25 pm

NiVleK wrote:

ya...the water recirculates in the engine cylinders and cool it...so maintaining the level is critical!

bow
winn
winn

Back to top Go down

Post by SoBeR 16th February 2010, 12:11 am

Eh I didn;t know the water goes round the Engine block too?!?!?! I thought there's already another set of "water" for that... Engine coolant or something Question
SoBeR
SoBeR

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 16th February 2010, 12:13 am

huh? Radiator water and wiper water different u know
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by winn 16th February 2010, 12:18 am

bros.... read between the lines ... Razz

hahah
winn
winn

Back to top Go down

Post by SoBeR 16th February 2010, 12:21 am

Haha, ok, I'm too serious Razz

Loosening a bit... after all its CNY.... Huat ah!
SoBeR
SoBeR

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 16th February 2010, 12:22 am

LOL. Very Happy

Its ok la. Huat ah!
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 16th February 2010, 2:32 am

How Do You Know If the Washer Reservoir Level is Low? Picard10

Gawd-damned classic! jeRrRKKKK-OFF!
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 16th February 2010, 9:30 am

NiVleK wrote:

in a way its the same theory only that the water does not circulate like how coolant does
but its the same reason why coolant is liquid based and not a gas

when you 1st start the engine, it gets hot very quickly while water in the reservoir remains cool
while moving, the reservoir's location beside the radiator means that air absorbed into the engine helps to cool down the reservoir's fluid first before hitting the engine
once again, the cool water inside will help to absorb latent heat from the engine

it might not help much in countries like singapore but at least its better than driving around without any water in the reservoir

the effect will be alot better in countries where they have winter
the water in the reservoir will freeze up and can remain as ice thruout the journey
just go ask your friends who are stationed overseas how much water they put into their reservoirs

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 16th February 2010, 10:57 am

Harlow...? Anyone home?

How Do You Know If the Washer Reservoir Level is Low? No_one10

Yes, yes... And in the same vein. All of us should also fill-up our tyres with helium or hydrogen gas; makes our car that much lighter and save on petrol and tyre wear. But not too much, the ride might just get too harsh and hurt the shocks and jar rigidity out of the bodywork.

And since we're at it already, might as well bring ice-cubes along to the car in an igloo, just in case of traffic jams, to put inside the wiper reservoir to help with that latent heat absorption. The coldness may even help with the cold air intake for that 0.00004295 HP gain; latent heat absorption of the air in the engine bay, mah?

But on a more serious note...

Maybe Bro Mosabnet and help chime-in on this? This is mainly an issue with really warm countries, right? Or Bro Kapitan/Bro MathSmart for colder places? I don't think 6 to 9-months living experience in either climates can qualify me to comment that much.
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 16th February 2010, 9:11 pm

pls don't be stupid, cooler engine doesn't give you higher HP
it only gives you better FE

also even if it improves by 0.00000001%, it doesn't hurt to fill up alittle more water than to have it alittle less

that extra 100g will not affect fuel consumption at all
thus i'm advising to fill it up to max
unless you have a better reason to leave it at minimum maybe you should shut up and accept that i'm right on this point and stop trying to prove everything i say wrong

you call others trolls but you ought to take a look at yourself
afterall who's the idiot who suggested putting ice cubes in the water reservoir?

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightRider 16th February 2010, 9:22 pm

What a jerk.....
KnightRider
KnightRider

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 16th February 2010, 9:23 pm

waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 17th February 2010, 1:39 am

hahaha!!! tmr i go pour liang teh into my washer reservoir
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 17th February 2010, 7:21 am

I modding my washer reservoir to have tubes running around the engine!
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 17th February 2010, 7:43 am

NiVleK wrote:I modding my washer reservoir to have tubes running around the engine!

any DIY session? How Do You Know If the Washer Reservoir Level is Low? Icon_twisted
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by redkoup 17th February 2010, 9:15 am

hahaha.....another of mr.jerkoff's classic, hilarious theories. How Do You Know If the Washer Reservoir Level is Low? Icon_lol How Do You Know If the Washer Reservoir Level is Low? Icon_lol

tink maybe shld oso add mentos cool mint to the washer reservoir since it helps to cool the engine....
redkoup
redkoup

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 17th February 2010, 10:16 am

I saw the ad by tic-tac........the last part is freezingly cold.
Can i put 4-5 tic-tacs into the reservoir to make it 'freezingly cold' ???? How Do You Know If the Washer Reservoir Level is Low? Icon_razz How Do You Know If the Washer Reservoir Level is Low? Icon_razz
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightRider 17th February 2010, 10:58 am

Try add coke into the reservoir...when need to increase water level fast...add mentos...sure helps...muhahahhhahahahahhahaah
KnightRider
KnightRider

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 17th February 2010, 11:01 am

tiger beer better..... self replenishing.... no need topup..... How Do You Know If the Washer Reservoir Level is Low? Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 17th February 2010, 11:04 am

pour Tiger beer......always full.....no need to refill........
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 17th February 2010, 11:05 am

I though we should add Engine coolant in to further help cool down the engine...
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 17th February 2010, 11:59 am

I think Tiger beer is best. Auto top up. Very Happy

Or I know. Tiger beer + Mentos.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 17th February 2010, 10:25 pm

LOL! You guys are a RIOT!
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 17th February 2010, 11:17 pm

KnightRider wrote:Try add coke into the reservoir...when need to increase water level fast...add mentos...sure helps...muhahahhhahahahahhahaah

yesterday, my friends & relatives came for visiting and had quite a bit of coke left-over...
in order not to waste, i poured all the left-over into the reservoir...
but it did not getcold... then i realised...

Forgot to add SALT!!! -.-"

Summary:
coke + salt = cooling How Do You Know If the Washer Reservoir Level is Low? 332362

Last edited by jimixer on 17th February 2010, 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added summary)
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down