Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
What is your Radiator Water level? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
What is your Radiator Water level? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
What is your Radiator Water level? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
What is your Radiator Water level? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
What is your Radiator Water level? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
What is your Radiator Water level? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
What is your Radiator Water level? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
What is your Radiator Water level? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
What is your Radiator Water level? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

What is your Radiator Water level?

+9
kapitan
Shaq
kqkhlj
joepele
Divine
nothing
liplip
andikong
Terrier
13 posters

Go down

What is your Radiator Water level? Empty What is your Radiator Water level?

Post by Terrier 8th September 2009, 12:04 pm

Drove my forte for nearly 3mths, my water level now is 50% between the Min and Max guage.

I have not done any top up yet..

What about yours??
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

What is your Radiator Water level? Empty Re: What is your Radiator Water level?

Post by andikong 8th September 2009, 11:20 pm

Terrier wrote:Drove my forte for nearly 3mths, my water level now is 50% between the Min and Max guage.

I have not done any top up yet..

What about yours??

Mine coming to the 6th month on 25 sept and the level remains at max when cold, since after 6K service. Regular check every weekend morning, but still stays at max mark.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 8th September 2009, 11:29 pm

hmm... think mine is not normal.. anyway i already put a marking over there and will keep monitor will the water level drop rapidly
if does drop rapidly.. then i need to send in for inspection..
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 9th September 2009, 5:21 pm

Actually how to check arh? I find that I try to peer at the reservoir and I don't find a noticeable mark representing level of water...

The same for the brake fluid reservoir. Tried to light up using a handphone camera's flashlight but still cannot notice any level of fluids.

I am worried to not be able to see for myself...

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 10th September 2009, 9:00 am

liplip wrote:Actually how to check arh? I find that I try to peer at the reservoir and I don't find a noticeable mark representing level of water...

The same for the brake fluid reservoir. Tried to light up using a handphone camera's flashlight but still cannot notice any level of fluids.

I am worried to not be able to see for myself...

open up yr bonnet and see carefully again, on the radiator water reservior (white in colour near to the front grill) there are 2 levels of indicators one is capital L (Low) and another F (Full) .....coolant level shouldn't drop too drastically.....been close to 2 mths since my last servicing, the level is still above F......
Our coolant is green in colour, can see easily against the plastic container.....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 10th September 2009, 9:37 am

Then thats a problem, I was staring and staring but don't notice any green line... What is your Radiator Water level? Icon_sad

There is the white reservoir with H and L markings and I had to lean forward and look down cos it is at your knee level right...?

Would it hurt if I top up the coolant reservoir with some water? Maybe I can see fluid moving then I can spot better...

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 10th September 2009, 9:53 am

liplip wrote:Then thats a problem, I was staring and staring but don't notice any green line... What is your Radiator Water level? Icon_sad

There is the white reservoir with H and L markings and I had to lean forward and look down cos it is at your knee level right...?

Would it hurt if I top up the coolant reservoir with some water? Maybe I can see fluid moving then I can spot better...

why need to lean forward??

just stand at the side of your driver fender.. u shld be able to see the tank clearly whether is it L or F and where is the limit.
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 10th September 2009, 12:57 pm

liplip wrote:Then thats a problem, I was staring and staring but don't notice any green line... What is your Radiator Water level? Icon_sad

the contrast btw the green coolant against the white plastic reservoir is pretty obvious, if u still can't see it then I also nothing to say liao...topping with some water is ok, no issue....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

What is your Radiator Water level? Empty Any green line here?

Post by liplip 11th September 2009, 6:40 pm

What is your Radiator Water level? CoolantReservoirsmall

I got a pic of the reservoir here.

Does it look all right to you guys... still cannot spot the water level, knock knock sounds hollow. Opened radiator cap see inside have green fluid leh...

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 11th September 2009, 9:22 pm

wow liplip.. then your u open the cap.. the water is at which lvl? is it between L/F or below L/F?

Guess when u collect car they nv add coolant for u.. which is kind of impossible for not topping up..

Make sure you have water between L/F.. below that is prone to overheat and can cause engine overhaul..
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 11th September 2009, 11:19 pm

I opened the coolant reservoir cap cannot see inside cos a piece of plastic blocks the view, I opened the radiator cap, the one that is supposed to be pressurized when engine is running, and this one can see some fluid inside.

At first I thought this was normal... because when I looked at the brake reservoir also cannot see any level of brake fluid inside. Guess why there is no fluid level in the brake reservoir?? It was because it was filled until it touched the brim, so no level can be seen in the plastic reservoir! I just opened today to realize.

Just bought some distilled water to fill the reservoir this night. See how later on. Strangely no overheating till now even when jam 2 hour at causeway. Maybe there is minimal amount inside saving itself from catching fire...

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 12th September 2009, 2:00 am

anyway FYI again.. not to open radiator cap when its hot straight after driving.. left it to cool down for awhile before opening it!
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 16th September 2009, 5:22 pm

I wonder if ask the mech to refill the coolant at servicing will kena chop carrot or not? Or is it FOC?

Is it cheap to buy coolant and refill by self-service?

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 16th September 2009, 5:29 pm

liplip wrote:I wonder if ask the mech to refill the coolant at servicing will kena chop carrot or not? Or is it FOC?

Is it cheap to buy coolant and refill by self-service?

coolant refill? they only add plain tap water leh bro
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 16th September 2009, 6:25 pm

In the first place... why would the coolant level drop?

Some cars... after 2-3 years... still the same level le.

However... if really el of the coolant drop... like what divine mentioned, juz add water (Like instant coffee).
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 17th September 2009, 9:02 am

never pour in concentrated coolant unless it's those pre-mixed type, most of the coolant require to mix with distilled water (can use tap water too but due to mineral contents it will accelerate mineral built-up n corrosion, another alternative is to buy those pure distilled water from Watson, NTUC, etc), 50%-50%...read the instructions first....yes, very unlikely the coolant level will drop so drastically, there must be a problem somewhere....since day one till now, I've done periodical checks and coolant level remain more ot less the same.....

When u go for servicing, highlight to the SA that take over yr ride, tell him u noticed coolant level drop drastically over a short period, tell him to highlight to the mechanic and let u know the findings, just insist on it and they have to do it....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 17th September 2009, 12:08 pm

I also don't understand why my coolant level dropped (or not filled up), I have put in distilled water and it seems to stay at the same level, although it did drop after I first refilled (maybe engine was thirsty the first time round).

My coolant reservoir was near empty, if I refilled too much distilled water, the coolant to water ratio with be lousy... manual does say it must use glycol-something coolant mixture to protect the engine. Was thinking either to spend to get that coolant or demand it from CnC when servicing, and servicing is coming very soon...

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by kqkhlj 29th October 2009, 7:23 am

Where can i get the blue or green coloured coolant that is in my car. Ntuc? Giant?

kqkhlj

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 29th October 2009, 12:09 pm

I saw it at SPC stations when I pumped petrol. Pre-mixed and states the content is the e-something-glycol that manual says is required.

I think the supermarkets one harder to get cause the ones I saw at Fairprice Xtra does not state content and needs mixing with distilled water yourself.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaq 29th October 2009, 12:14 pm

wat if the level is higher than the "F" mark????

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 29th October 2009, 12:46 pm

actually local conditions, we only need water in our radiators....

it is different in temperature countries where you will need gycol type coolants... these will not freeze... in winter when temperatures are near zero, water in radiator will freeze....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte899 29th October 2009, 12:50 pm

What is the type of water is good for radiator? Thanks

Forte899

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinhwc 29th October 2009, 4:01 pm

Forte899 wrote:What is the type of water is good for radiator? Thanks

Distilled water?? I used to add distiled water for my old ride last time....

kevinhwc

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte899 29th October 2009, 4:51 pm

I thought distilled water is for battery? What is your Radiator Water level? Confused

Forte899

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinhwc 29th October 2009, 5:22 pm

Forte899 wrote:I thought distilled water is for battery? What is your Radiator Water level? Confused

I use distilled water for both battery and coolant (now dry cell, no need to refill batt water)

kevinhwc

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 29th October 2009, 5:47 pm

Yeah, that e-something glycol is an antifreeze I think. But when the manual puts writes that need this thing to protect the aluminum parts... feel like there is a need to do so... nearly went to buy...

But I did not buy any even though my radiator tank went empty like I last posted. Instead told CnC suspect leaking problem. What I cannot tahan is they say cannot find any fault after a pressure test. Then where leak? They filled the tank until 5-10 cm just under the coolant tank lid, after 1 week fell 5 cm already... Maybe it will be empty again, but I yet to observe for a few weeks liao...

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte899 29th October 2009, 6:11 pm

kevinhwc wrote:
Forte899 wrote:I thought distilled water is for battery? What is your Radiator Water level? Confused

I use distilled water for both battery and coolant (now dry cell, no need to refill batt water)

Oic, so outdated What is your Radiator Water level? Icon_redface that's why this forum really help to update knowledge and technology.

Forte899

Back to top Go down

Post by derrick7171 29th October 2009, 7:36 pm

collect my on 29/09 coolant full tank happy driving,after 1week driving left 1/2 tank so i top up water went back cnc they did a pressure test n say cannot find any leak What is your Radiator Water level? Icon_bounce . did my own checking if driving more then 100km the water tank level drop rapidly What is your Radiator Water level? Fresse will go cnc to tell them this .ask my car mechanic he say check the radiator cap n the tank cap maybe the rubber seal or spring no good .

derrick7171

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 30th October 2009, 5:46 pm

Btw, coolant level need not be at Max. It depends on how long ago was your last drive. The coolant is moving and after cooling down some of the coolant will actually move back into the reservoir which was shown in the pic above. But if even at cold engine, the coolant is always below the min mark, then top up. Else if you top up too much also no good. No space for the coolant to expand due to the heat.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by derrick7171 3rd November 2009, 11:33 pm

yesterday make noise at cnc ,sunday went melaka with full tank of radiator water back to spore almost empty ask them to check still cannot find the leak. told them to change a new radiator cap but they only change the seal n the best part tell me observe the tank do let it empty, What is your Radiator Water level? Icon_sad did 2 time on pressure test.

derrick7171

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down