Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Sticker at rear side door above the skirting Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Sticker at rear side door above the skirting Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Sticker at rear side door above the skirting Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Sticker at rear side door above the skirting Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Sticker at rear side door above the skirting Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Sticker at rear side door above the skirting Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Sticker at rear side door above the skirting Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Sticker at rear side door above the skirting Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Sticker at rear side door above the skirting Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Sticker at rear side door above the skirting

+5
hsjose
samuelj
h0usefly
turbo4ev
Forte002
9 posters

Go down

Sticker at rear side door above the skirting Empty Sticker at rear side door above the skirting

Post by Forte002 6th February 2010, 11:43 am

Hi, I noticed my car has stickers on both my rear doors just above the skirting at the curve area.

Do your car has that? It is safe to remove?

Sticker at rear side door above the skirting Img_0211

Forte002

Back to top Go down

Sticker at rear side door above the skirting Empty Re: Sticker at rear side door above the skirting

Post by turbo4ev 6th February 2010, 1:15 pm

all forte has it, most pple remove it liao
turbo4ev
turbo4ev

Back to top Go down

Sticker at rear side door above the skirting Empty Re: Sticker at rear side door above the skirting

Post by Forte002 6th February 2010, 2:56 pm

turbo4ev wrote:all forte has it, most pple remove it liao
Got a shock initially thought used to cover some paint defects which I overlooked. Then realized both side also have. Only concern is that if it is easy to remove? Will leave any residue?

Forte002

Back to top Go down

Post by turbo4ev 6th February 2010, 3:36 pm

its easy to remove, it just a transparent sticker, just peel it out carefully will do
turbo4ev
turbo4ev

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte002 6th February 2010, 7:17 pm

turbo4ev wrote:its easy to remove, it just a transparent sticker, just peel it out carefully will do

ya, already remove them. Thanks. 8)

Forte002

Back to top Go down

Post by h0usefly 6th February 2010, 11:29 pm

Wat I heard from my SE is that the sticker is there as there was a feedback or study done by their staffs and found out that that area is very prone to stone hitting. Or any other particles from the road. Well, haven removed it yet though. Anyone find it useful??

h0usefly

Back to top Go down

Post by samuelj 6th February 2010, 11:40 pm

Well there's always a purpose... I feel dont remove it~ LOL!

samuelj

Back to top Go down

Post by hsjose 7th February 2010, 3:25 am

h0usefly wrote:Wat I heard from my SE is that the sticker is there as there was a feedback or study done by their staffs and found out that that area is very prone to stone hitting. Or any other particles from the road. Well, haven removed it yet though. Anyone find it useful??

Tell yr SE not to talk rubbish. Think he/she is juz making up story on this. Two small stickers to cover up a minor area to prevent stone from hitting yr car body? Not possible lar, bro. Yr SE is juz smoking u. Sticker at rear side door above the skirting Icon_cyclops
hsjose
hsjose

Back to top Go down

Post by jaspek 7th February 2010, 8:55 am

not our cars also have this. My frenz suzuki swift aso have this on both side of the rear door side skirt.
jaspek
jaspek

Back to top Go down

Post by Dummyhalf 7th February 2010, 9:24 am

h0usefly wrote:Wat I heard from my SE is that the sticker is there as there was a feedback or study done by their staffs and found out that that area is very prone to stone hitting. Or any other particles from the road. Well, haven removed it yet though. Anyone find it useful??

yup..the sticker is to protect the body. if you look carefully that area is really prone to be damaged easily by small particles like stone due to the design of the body.

Thinking back there is always a purpose when something is meant to be there. So just leave it. If not you can still take it out and do minor touch up if need to when there is damage. Anyway what is the probabilities your car gonna hit by stones at that area?? Go figure... What a Face
Dummyhalf
Dummyhalf

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 7th February 2010, 10:53 am

walao....their study done really so precise, can even narrow down to that small patch Sticker at rear side door above the skirting 141836 ......perhaps they should also study why all the windshields keep cracking ?
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by turbo4ev 7th February 2010, 3:56 pm

Sticker at rear side door above the skirting 332362 Sticker at rear side door above the skirting 332362 Sticker at rear side door above the skirting 332362 Sticker at rear side door above the skirting 332362

muff wrote:

walao....their study done really so precise, can even narrow down to that small patch Sticker at rear side door above the skirting 141836 ......perhaps they should also study why all the windshields keep cracking ?
turbo4ev
turbo4ev

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte002 7th February 2010, 4:02 pm

After removing it, i don't think it is for that purpose... It is more a vehicle protective sticker like those inside the car which you remove them...

Forte002

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte002 7th February 2010, 4:05 pm

Dummyhalf wrote:

yup..the sticker is to protect the body. if you look carefully that area is really prone to be damaged easily by small particles like stone due to the design of the body.

Thinking back there is always a purpose when something is meant to be there. So just leave it. If not you can still take it out and do minor touch up if need to when there is damage. Anyway what is the probabilities your car gonna hit by stones at that area?? Go figure... Sticker at rear side door above the skirting Fresse

I think it will do more harm then protection for long term. Being a sticker and at the bottom area of our car will attract more dirt and dust. In long term, it will form a mark around the edge of the sticker.

Forte002

Back to top Go down

Post by h0usefly 8th February 2010, 10:23 am

Forte002 wrote:
Dummyhalf wrote:

Thinking back there is always a purpose when something is meant to be there. So just leave it. If not you can still take it out and do minor touch up if need to when there is damage. Anyway what is the probabilities your car gonna hit by stones at that area?? Go figure... Sticker at rear side door above the skirting Fresse

I think it will do more harm then protection for long term. Being a sticker and at the bottom area of our car will attract more dirt and dust. In long term, it will form a mark around the edge of the sticker.

Wah!! Like that also dunno wat to do leh.. 'Forte002' also makes sense leh, later see the dirt then wanna take out too late liao... Rolling Eyes

h0usefly

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 8th February 2010, 10:51 am

i think this has been discuss before i think its for some door aligment when they fit the car.. if u dun have a BK u will realised that there is 2 pc on each side on ur door and on ur fender. well if u dun remove it short term no harm done but in long term the paint there will look super new then the rest will fade.. =)
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down