Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Do u realise that there are stickers on ur rear door that is same colour as ur car? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Do u realise that there are stickers on ur rear door that is same colour as ur car? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Do u realise that there are stickers on ur rear door that is same colour as ur car? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Do u realise that there are stickers on ur rear door that is same colour as ur car? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Do u realise that there are stickers on ur rear door that is same colour as ur car? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Do u realise that there are stickers on ur rear door that is same colour as ur car? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Do u realise that there are stickers on ur rear door that is same colour as ur car? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Do u realise that there are stickers on ur rear door that is same colour as ur car? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Do u realise that there are stickers on ur rear door that is same colour as ur car? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Do u realise that there are stickers on ur rear door that is same colour as ur car?

+12
kenincf
cboonh
greatgazoo
bigbull
saturnz^83
Redbean
Siaoster
dandeana21
Juz@kid
Kaisu7165
nothing
Divine
16 posters

Go down

Do u realise that there are stickers on ur rear door that is same colour as ur car? Empty Do u realise that there are stickers on ur rear door that is same colour as ur car?

Post by Divine 26th May 2009, 3:54 pm

i just realise after 3 weeeks that there is 4 pieces of sticker same colour as my car 2 on each side of the rear door bottom.. anyone know whys its there?
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Do u realise that there are stickers on ur rear door that is same colour as ur car? Empty Re: Do u realise that there are stickers on ur rear door that is same colour as ur car?

Post by nothing 26th May 2009, 5:02 pm

I think someone posted that before, something like stone protector...if u don't like it, during the servicing, can request them to remove it..
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Do u realise that there are stickers on ur rear door that is same colour as ur car? Empty Re: Do u realise that there are stickers on ur rear door that is same colour as ur car?

Post by Kaisu7165 26th May 2009, 5:08 pm

in case u kanna scratches on other parts u can used it as handy-plus Very Happy
Seriously someone checked with C&C & it's what they've called stoneguard which I've never heard B4 except Mudguard which serves a purpose.
Kaisu7165
Kaisu7165

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 26th May 2009, 7:11 pm

me notice e sticker during my pre-inspection e day i collect my car. my SE inform me dat e sticker can actually be peel off. i oso feel dat e sticker doesnt serve much purpose so might ask e mechanic to take it off when doing 1k servicing..
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 26th May 2009, 7:31 pm

weird lor... how those few pieces can actually protect the car paint from getting chipped off by stones leh.. scratch
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 26th May 2009, 7:47 pm

dandeana21 wrote:weird lor... how those few pieces can actually protect the car paint from getting chipped off by stones leh.. scratch

the stickers actually help to "hold" the paint together underneath. to a certain extend or force that a stone or small road pebbles or grinds hits that sticker part, only your sticker will be damaged not ur paint Smile
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbean 26th May 2009, 9:02 pm

yeap yeap. Saw them as well. but forgot about them coz of some other stuff.

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 27th May 2009, 12:40 am

actually i did not notice till Bro Hew told me during the meetup last week! I really duno what purpose does it serve..
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 27th May 2009, 12:57 am

Siaoster wrote:
dandeana21 wrote:weird lor... how those few pieces can actually protect the car paint from getting chipped off by stones leh.. scratch

the stickers actually help to "hold" the paint together underneath. to a certain extend or force that a stone or small road pebbles or grinds hits that sticker part, only your sticker will be damaged not ur paint Smile

but den hor.. the sticker beary small wor.. for the stone to hit dat sticker will be lesser probability than hitting the car itself.. hiak hiak hiak... monkey
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbull 27th May 2009, 6:55 pm

Hi guys, I saw the stickers on my Civic too, but at a slightly different place.

Will check with the technical advisor in Kah Motor exactly what is the purpose for it and let u guys know next time when I bring my car in for servicing.

bigbull

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 28th May 2009, 4:22 pm

hmmm this is the first time i hav seen this kind of sticker on cars.. hmmm i think it some marking for body kit installation? i really no idea leh anyone asked C&C?
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 28th May 2009, 4:29 pm

dandeana21 wrote:
Siaoster wrote:

but den hor.. the sticker beary small wor.. for the stone to hit dat sticker will be lesser probability than hitting the car itself.. hiak hiak hiak... monkey

hrm....or maybe when the paint is already chipped off and they paste a small sticker over it ?
hahaahha !! :p
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 28th May 2009, 5:05 pm

Siaoster wrote:
dandeana21 wrote:
Siaoster wrote:

hrm....or maybe when the paint is already chipped off and they paste a small sticker over it ?
hahaahha !! :p

ya haha they stick over it to cover up wahhaah
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 28th May 2009, 8:05 pm

opps !! and they say its a stone protector hahhahah
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 28th May 2009, 9:28 pm

I din notice it cos maybe it blends well with my car Very Happy
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by cboonh 28th May 2009, 9:57 pm

Told the Service Mech to remove it le. No issues after peeling off. Smile

Think can use zippo fuild or equivalent to easily remove the stickers, or get C&C to do it. Smile
cboonh
cboonh

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 29th May 2009, 1:25 am

zippo fluid ?!! wont it affect the paint work ?? cos of the chemicals in the fluid ??
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 29th May 2009, 2:47 am

if u wan to remove it,, better to remove fast or e paint color will be uneven after quite sometime...
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 29th May 2009, 8:55 am

zippo fluid not that corrosive but after applying it, better fast hand fast leg and use water to rinse the area that u apply the zippo fluid, clean it up...no problem...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 29th May 2009, 9:02 am

so to remove a sticker, pour the fluid over the sticker, let the sticker soak it a while and then splash with clean water, then peel the sticker ?
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 29th May 2009, 9:17 am

Siaoster wrote:so to remove a sticker, pour the fluid over the sticker, let the sticker soak it a while and then splash with clean water, then peel the sticker ?

just spray some along the edges, let it settle for awhile, then peel from corner, if still sticky, spray abit more as u pull...after completely remove, clean up with water and wipe clean....for those bigger sticker on car body, usually I use the hot air gun instead of the zippo fluid...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 29th May 2009, 9:41 am

hmmm better remove fast man later got sun tann mark
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by cboonh 29th May 2009, 10:39 am

Siaoster wrote:zippo fluid ?!! wont it affect the paint work ?? cos of the chemicals in the fluid ??

ya, it might destroy the paintwork if someone light a lighter near you! jocolor

~ otherwise it's quite safe. Very fast evaporate liao. after removing, just wipe with clean cloth~ Smile Actually found out about this mini trick from uncle andikong during the first aircon insulation meet up. He helped fortec remove his "cerato" word. chop chop curry pok, very fast remove le.

Smile
cboonh
cboonh

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 29th May 2009, 3:11 pm

cboonh wrote:
Siaoster wrote:zippo fluid ?!! wont it affect the paint work ?? cos of the chemicals in the fluid ??

ya, it might destroy the paintwork if someone light a lighter near you! jocolor

~ otherwise it's quite safe. Very fast evaporate liao. after removing, just wipe with clean cloth~ Smile Actually found out about this mini trick from uncle andikong during the first aircon insulation meet up. He helped fortec remove his "cerato" word. chop chop curry pok, very fast remove le.

Smile

cool !!
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 7th June 2009, 9:09 am

I'm planning to do the CS-II at Unique1995. I will probably ask them to help me to remove it before the CS-II. It would be a waste of time by going to CnC just for this... Neutral
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 7th June 2009, 10:38 am

I thought these 'stickers' would be similar to those by 3M ScotchGard Paint Protector Film or something?

See - 3M ScotchGard Paint Protector

Interesting to say the least... May be a good solution for the rear bumper lip ledge/area whenever we access the boot.

BR,
w a y

Last edited by waypoint on 7th June 2009, 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 7th June 2009, 1:01 pm

Film Test... Reminds me of The Invisible Shield by Zagg which I use for my handheld GPS units' screen and handphone.

BR,
w a y

waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 7th June 2009, 1:22 pm

waypoint wrote:Film Test... Reminds me of The Invisible Shield by Zagg which I use for my handheld GPS units' screen and handphone.

BR,
w a y

Ano57 bought the invisible shield for his Iphone......n now the whole thing became damn yellowish...
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 7th June 2009, 1:29 pm

Good point... Didn't think of UV stability issues. But I'm quite convinced on the boot entry/rear bumper ledge/lip area. Just remove and change as and when necessary when it yellows, I guess?
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 8th June 2009, 11:27 am

hmmm bros i manage to remove the stickers on both rear doors by just pulling its.. its transparent and acrylic type of tape.. so no stick residue remain.. =)
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 8th June 2009, 12:10 pm

Anyone knows where to get the 3M ScotchGard Paint Protector Film?

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 8th June 2009, 1:19 pm

www.autosaver.com.sg

Thanks, Bro Dipstick. Got the 303. No more small bottles. Just the spray bottle at $20 each. Got one each for me and my missus' car.

BR,
w a y
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 15th June 2009, 10:53 am

Divine wrote:hmmm bros i manage to remove the stickers on both rear doors by just pulling its.. its transparent and acrylic type of tape.. so no stick residue remain.. =)

Yup, I also realized it was super easy to remove it by hand. I removed it before heading to UBI for CSII. cheers
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 15th June 2009, 10:16 pm

waypoint wrote:www.autosaver.com.sg

Thanks, Bro Dipstick. Got the 303. No more small bottles. Just the spray bottle at $20 each. Got one each for me and my missus' car.

BR,
w a y

Good 4U, bro. Imo, it's the best u can get for your $$$. Apply it on your dash, door panels and door/boot seals with a sponge. Let it soak in for about 10 mins and then wipe off with a lint-free cloth if necessary. I apply it on my steering wheel leather wrap and centre boss as well. Need to apply only twice a year. That bottle should last u for a few years....... Smile Smile

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 15th June 2009, 10:32 pm

What is 303? click on the link but can't 303 leh....can show picture?
Thank in advance..
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 15th June 2009, 10:34 pm

Thanks again for the heads-up. I like that it's not greasy and not too shiny.

So you did the 3M ScotchGard PP Film thing?

BR,
w a y

dipstick wrote:

BR,
w a y

Good 4U, bro. Imo, it's the best u can get for your $$$. Apply it on your dash, door panels and door/boot seals with a sponge. Let it soak in for about 10 mins and then wipe off with a lint-free cloth if necessary. I apply it on my steering wheel leather wrap and centre boss as well. Need to apply only twice a year. That bottle should last u for a few years....... Smile Smile
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 15th June 2009, 10:43 pm

[quote="waypoint"]Thanks again for the heads-up. I like that it's not greasy and not too shiny.

So you did the 3M ScotchGard PP Film thing?

BR,
w a y

[quote="dipstick"]

BR,
w a y

Nope....... haven't found out where to get it.

The low shine will become a matte finish in a couple of weeks and the dash will look superb.......... deep black and yet not shiny or oily.

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 15th June 2009, 10:53 pm

nocash wrote:What is 303? click on the link but can't 303 leh....can show picture?
Thank in advance..

Aerospace 303 Protectant is almost unknown here in SGP although I have been using it for years on my car interior. Google to read about it..........

See this link to find out where to get it. Click on the "303 products" link you see in the list on the right hand side. This product cannot be found in DIY or auto access. shops anywhere in SGP.

Aerospace 303

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 15th June 2009, 11:02 pm

Thanks, but where bro waypoint manage to get it?
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 15th June 2009, 11:04 pm

dipstick wrote:
Nope....... haven't found out where to get it.

You can try looking for a branch workshop that's closest to you at AutoSaver. Then give them a call to make an appointment. The boot access/rear bumper ledge location for the Forte is about $57. If they suggest apply to the door cup area as well at $11/door(the concave area under the door handle), forget it. More hassle than the protection is worth. The odd shape poses quite a challenge for the film to stick properly. I had to visit the workshop a second time to sort out the edges of the film.

And if there's one thing I've noticed, do the installation just before you go home. Subjecting the freshly applied film under the scorching hot sun causes the film to warp against the hot expanding metal it protects. But no issue once the bond and adhesive cures.

The rear bumper installation looks great and almost invisible except edges only if you look for it. Total installation time about 30-mins for the bumper.

BR,
w a y
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 15th June 2009, 11:12 pm

nocash wrote:Thanks, but where bro waypoint manage to get it?

I got it from here:

Advance Canvas Industries Pte Ltd
Do u realise that there are stickers on ur rear door that is same colour as ur car? Spacer
35 Kallang Place,
Singapore 339163
Do u realise that there are stickers on ur rear door that is same colour as ur car? Spacer
Office Tel:
(65) 6294 5192

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 15th June 2009, 11:15 pm

Oh...thank you!
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 15th June 2009, 11:23 pm

nocash wrote:Oh...thank you!

Bro, if you want to buy let me know... cause me also interested.
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 15th June 2009, 11:27 pm

Haha.....finally i found one who in interested .....i was thinking how am i going
to buy, my is OPC can only go on saturday but most likely they close liao.....
Hope you don't mind, if you buy, buy for me pls......hehe....
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 15th June 2009, 11:48 pm

nocash wrote:Haha.....finally i found one who in interested .....i was thinking how am i going
to buy, my is OPC can only go on saturday but most likely they close liao.....
Hope you don't mind, if you buy, buy for me pls......hehe....

chey.... then u will have to wait till I got my car... lol!
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down