Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service

+13
giancarlo
Pegasus
firmrock
waypoint
daniu82
nothing
KingJerry
Corgel
FriesL
TVaddict
liplip
jimixer
whyeme
17 posters

Go down

Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service Empty Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service

Post by whyeme 20th January 2010, 3:11 pm

My 1.6EX auto was collected on 2009 May.

2 weeks into usage, suspension knocking sound appeared, but was solved during 2nd servicing. Then the nagging problems of dashboard ticking/rattling sounds, driver side door panel zee zee sound, front passenger seat rattling over uneven roads and boot hinges creaking sounds all slowly surfaced, but still could not be fixed by my 3rd servicing. Got fed up and thought had to live with the above nagging problems.

Fortunately, in beginning of 2010, i called up Leng kee and was served by a Daniel, who booked a courtesy car (Cerato Variant 2 auto) for me while my Forte went in to get all the problems fixed. After abt a week, I collected my forte yesterday and so far, all the problems have been fixed! Its feels so good to drive over uneven roads and humps and strips without the ticking/rattling noise! And i can now fully realise and appreciate how much an improvement Forte is over the V2 (except that the V2 seemed slightly more willing to rev).

Hope the nagging problems dun comeback ever again! And kudos to this Daniel from Lengkee for his good and friendly service! Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service Icon_biggrin

whyeme

Back to top Go down

Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service Empty Re: Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service

Post by jimixer 20th January 2010, 4:16 pm

I jus done my 2nd servicing on 15-Jan at Leng Kee too...

1st service at Ubi... Left me pissed. Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service Icon_evil
2nd service at LengKee by Daniel... Left me very satisfied! Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service Icon_biggrin

A patient and friendly chap who takes time to explain the problems! Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service 332362
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service Empty Re: Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service

Post by liplip 20th January 2010, 4:43 pm

If you left the car for a week, they have more time to tend to your car and naturally can fix more problems. Good thing was a replacement car was provided, that is nice and surprising touch.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by TVaddict 22nd January 2010, 1:31 am

agree that Daniel is a nice and friendly guy... my car has been serviced by him a few times now and so far i only have praises for him. if only we have more of such people in the service line...
TVaddict
TVaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 22nd January 2010, 2:13 am

+1, serviced by him during my 10k, now much happier with my ride.. Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service 332362 , already post rec in another thread.

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Corgel 22nd January 2010, 6:45 am

can request for whom to be serviced by?
Corgel
Corgel

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 22nd January 2010, 12:04 pm

Daniel seems good, if can, i would want him to service my car too!
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 22nd January 2010, 3:55 pm

Daniel is the service advisor don't think he will service the car personally.....mostly he will instruct the mechanic what to do....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by whyeme 23rd January 2010, 1:35 am

oh ya one thing to take note of...after going in for dashboard repairs make sure you check your steering audio controls are working

they forgot to connect back for me! fortunately i was only at margaret drive so drove back to daniel...he apologised profusely so i was appeased.... Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service Icon_smile

whyeme

Back to top Go down

Post by daniu82 23rd January 2010, 10:47 am

Hi, do u know wat causes the driver side door panel zee zee sound?? I tink i also have but just can't find the source...

daniu82

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 23rd January 2010, 11:39 am

daniu82 wrote:Hi, do u know wat causes the driver side door panel zee zee sound?? I tink i also have but just can't find the source...

=( Still living with it... Along with the foggy headlights... =(
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by firmrock 23rd January 2010, 4:24 pm

daniu82 wrote:Hi, do u know wat causes the driver side door panel zee zee sound?? I tink i also have but just can't find the source...

the zee-zee sound is coming from your door. inside the door, the plastic is kinda loose.. thus.. causing the zee-zee sound. just go back to c&c or any workshop to get it done by asking them to open up the door panel and tighten the screw.. and. it will be gone..

now my steering wheel is causing some weird sound. having some tiak tiak sound. more like internal spring hit against something. and.. when i rotate my steering wheel.. theres sound..... thats only if i rotate full right or left...

firmrock

Back to top Go down

Post by daniu82 24th January 2010, 1:05 am

firmrock wrote:

the zee-zee sound is coming from your door. inside the door, the plastic is kinda loose.. thus.. causing the zee-zee sound. just go back to c&c or any workshop to get it done by asking them to open up the door panel and tighten the screw.. and. it will be gone..

now my steering wheel is causing some weird sound. having some tiak tiak sound. more like internal spring hit against something. and.. when i rotate my steering wheel.. theres sound..... thats only if i rotate full right or left...

Can the sound by recetified myself?? I got no confidence in pandan gardens service centre due a lousy previous experience....

daniu82

Back to top Go down

Post by Pegasus 24th January 2010, 1:19 am

I too have the zee zee sound but I found out it came from the seat belt height adjust assembly. Feedback during my 2nd servicing 3 days ago. So far no problem. Servicing at leng Kee.

Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by daniu82 24th January 2010, 1:32 am

Pegasus wrote:I too have the zee zee sound but I found out it came from the seat belt height adjust assembly. Feedback during my 2nd servicing 3 days ago. So far no problem. Servicing at leng Kee.

so wat did they do??

daniu82

Back to top Go down

Post by Pegasus 24th January 2010, 1:37 am

The service rep told me they put insulation so there's less freeplay for the movable parts and hence reduce the rubbing noise.

Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by giancarlo 24th January 2010, 5:00 am

ts : you mentioned there was susp knocking sound, does it sounds like something stuck on your wheel and is knocking on the mud flap? is it on off thing or on all the time when your car is moving..
cos i just had some funny sound from my left rear wheel and i went down to inspect and found nothing on the wheel and under carraige.. i suspected it might be the susp..

giancarlo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eviltrap 24th January 2010, 7:49 pm

whyeme wrote:My 1.6EX auto was collected on 2009 May.

2 weeks into usage, suspension knocking sound appeared, but was solved during 2nd servicing. Then the nagging problems of dashboard ticking/rattling sounds, driver side door panel zee zee sound, front passenger seat rattling over uneven roads and boot hinges creaking sounds all slowly surfaced, but still could not be fixed by my 3rd servicing. Got fed up and thought had to live with the above nagging problems.

Fortunately, in beginning of 2010, i called up Leng kee and was served by a Daniel, who booked a courtesy car (Cerato Variant 2 auto) for me while my Forte went in to get all the problems fixed. After abt a week, I collected my forte yesterday and so far, all the problems have been fixed! Its feels so good to drive over uneven roads and humps and strips without the ticking/rattling noise! And i can now fully realise and appreciate how much an improvement Forte is over the V2 (except that the V2 seemed slightly more willing to rev).

Hope the nagging problems dun comeback ever again! And kudos to this Daniel from Lengkee for his good and friendly service! Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service Icon_biggrin

Hi bro, did Daniel mention how they resolve the dashboard ticking/rattling sound? I have this problem as well, but as it was not VERY irritating, hence i bore with it. But I'm thinking if it can be rectified, then might as well do it.

By the way, Daniel is good. Very professional and attentive. Will follow up the cases that he handles. Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service 332362

Thinking of writing a compliment letter to commend him.
Eviltrap
Eviltrap

Back to top Go down

Post by whyeme 25th January 2010, 12:26 am

VERY BAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!

MY DASHBOARD TICKING & RATTLING SOUND CAME BACK TODAY!
EXACTLY THE SAME AS LAST TIME!

SIANZ TO THE MAX!!!

whyeme

Back to top Go down

Post by whyeme 25th January 2010, 9:17 am

giancarlo wrote:ts : you mentioned there was susp knocking sound, does it sounds like something stuck on your wheel and is knocking on the mud flap? is it on off thing or on all the time when your car is moving..
cos i just had some funny sound from my left rear wheel and i went down to inspect and found nothing on the wheel and under carraige.. i suspected it might be the susp..

my knocking sound came from the front wheels...it was a common problem for the early batches and i think many here had it too but c&c just put in bushings for us and it was gone

whyeme

Back to top Go down

Post by whyeme 25th January 2010, 9:21 am

Eviltrap wrote:

Hi bro, did Daniel mention how they resolve the dashboard ticking/rattling sound? I have this problem as well, but as it was not VERY irritating, hence i bore with it. But I'm thinking if it can be rectified, then might as well do it.

By the way, Daniel is good. Very professional and attentive. Will follow up the cases that he handles. Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service 332362

nope bro daniel did not mention how it was resolved but now the dashboard sounds are back...sigh...my sounds are almost always there, esp when going over uneven rds, strips, humps, bumps...and its very very obvious...audio sys at volume 9 or 10 still can hear... Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service Icon_sad

whyeme

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 25th January 2010, 12:55 pm

this dashboard sound have to live with it. its a construction defect. even if cnc take strip the board and put it back, the sound will still be there

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by ckpay 25th January 2010, 4:24 pm

Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service Icon_eek mean this prob till now still remain un-resolve... sianz... Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service Icon_mad
my 20k service is upcoming. means no nid to send bac C&C service centre also... Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service Icon_mad

ckpay

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 25th January 2010, 5:54 pm

forte3737 wrote:this dashboard sound have to live with it. its a construction defect. even if cnc take strip the board and put it back, the sound will still be there

where u get this info? any memo or manual stating that this is construction defect?
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by daniu82 25th January 2010, 6:54 pm

Anybody knows how to open up the panel, tighten the screw and remove the zee zee from the driver side??

daniu82

Back to top Go down

Post by Eviltrap 25th January 2010, 8:30 pm

whyeme wrote:
Eviltrap wrote:

nope bro daniel did not mention how it was resolved but now the dashboard sounds are back...sigh...my sounds are almost always there, esp when going over uneven rds, strips, humps, bumps...and its very very obvious...audio sys at volume 9 or 10 still can hear... Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service Icon_sad

And I thought there is a solution to the rattling sound... Field report of my Forte's nagging problems & Lengkee's service Kopfschuettel
Eviltrap
Eviltrap

Back to top Go down

Post by whyeme 25th January 2010, 11:37 pm

think i might have isolated the source of the rattling sounds from my dashboard...it seems to be coming from the piece of tranparent piece of plastic infront of the speedo...when the rattling sets in i pressed the plastic and sound stopped...will feedback to daniel tmr...sigh

whyeme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down