Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Flat battery Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Flat battery Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Flat battery Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Flat battery Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Flat battery Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Flat battery Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Flat battery Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Flat battery Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Flat battery Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Flat battery

+13
liplip
nocash
Dummyhalf
swat_kh
jl1500k
Mrhandphone
longbow
hsjose
nothing
FriesL
scorpey
kapitan
xominon
17 posters

Go down

Flat battery Empty Flat battery

Post by xominon 10th January 2010, 8:33 pm

hmmmm..... encountered my 1st case of flat batt on my 4mth old forte... Flat battery Icon_cry

was parked for around 6 days in camp's multistory carpark as i was on reservist. book out day then found out. lucky got a bro who had a jumpstart cable.

will cars normally have such problems? I'm a firsttime car-owner....

I'm suspecting my pivot VS is the cause.... Flat battery Icon_evil
xominon
xominon

Back to top Go down

Flat battery Empty Re: Flat battery

Post by kapitan 10th January 2010, 8:35 pm

I have left my car at length of up to two weeks without starting... and not only once, ..... never had the battery failed...
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 10th January 2010, 9:19 pm

6 days shd not be a problem.. usu flat battery caused by headlights forget to on but our forte got no problem on this (but i 4get if fog lamp will auto off anot.. think not?) VS shd not drain ur batt flat too.. have it checked maybe?
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 10th January 2010, 11:36 pm

think usually car alarm will drain batt in like a week... if installed. not too sure for stock forte.. as kapitan says 2 weeks no issue... (i assume his still without alarm installed..)

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by xominon 11th January 2010, 12:10 am

Hmmm.. I got install the 1way alarm n Microwave sensor from ZMC.

sounds bad for my baby. Well..... will highlight during next servicing; only afraid that c&c will blame it on VS or whatever...

Thx for the info bros.
xominon
xominon

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 11th January 2010, 8:11 am

no alarm installed...longest period parked in MSCP...3 weeks...first crank start up....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by hsjose 11th January 2010, 11:49 am

Not possible with the VS. It's not an energy sapper. Any other mods tat you've installed?
hsjose
hsjose

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 11th January 2010, 12:05 pm

Its the alarm... or probably just a special case where the battery is spoiled. Go back CNC say battery sometimes died on several occasions, please check. Battery failure at the wrong time can lead to stress... Flat battery Icon_lol
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrhandphone 11th January 2010, 7:41 pm

bros, if with the 'keyless entry' features, what happened if u got a flat battery?? can't even get into the car?? coz no key slots to open the door ,rite??
Mrhandphone
Mrhandphone

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 11th January 2010, 9:32 pm

xominon wrote:Hmmm.. I got install the 1way alarm n Microwave sensor from ZMC.

sounds bad for my baby. Well..... will highlight during next servicing; only afraid that c&c will blame it on VS or whatever...

Thx for the info bros.

Maybe try disable the alarm since parking at camp's multistory should be quite safe. But i know some alarm system cannot be manually disarm.
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by xominon 12th January 2010, 7:06 am

Lol. Ya was really stressed when I found out as my platoon was the last to go! Lucky got one of my men's help!

May be outstation end of the month too to Malaysia. Worried if I'm not driving up.

Got no mod installed, no ice. Only vs, changed spark plug n alarm.

Will be testing it again this week; if got no nights off. Haha...
xominon
xominon

Back to top Go down

Post by xominon 12th January 2010, 7:12 am

was also having the intention of changing to 2way alarm; guess that'll even zap more power...
xominon
xominon

Back to top Go down

Post by swat_kh 21st January 2010, 8:38 am

hi all, my forte also encountered batt flat ard my 4th months, and due to my lack of knowledge on what to do and urgency of car usage, i called the 24-hrs service from AAA. I paid for the S$58.80 service charge, anyone know if it is possible to claim this amt since it is less than a year, still under warranty??? i have asked my sales rep, he himself dunno too.

Thanks!

Last edited by swat_kh on 21st January 2010, 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo error)
swat_kh
swat_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by Dummyhalf 21st January 2010, 8:42 am

i think battery warranty is up to a year. you can try claiming i guess.

Sales rep?? well sure speaks for C&C for the after sales service.
Dummyhalf
Dummyhalf

Back to top Go down

Post by swat_kh 21st January 2010, 8:47 am

Dummyhalf wrote:i think battery warranty is up to a year. you can try claiming i guess.

Sales rep?? well sure speaks for C&C for the after sales service.

The problem is, i nt sure hw to claim, maybe later try calling the C&C after sale service, hopes it helps, thank you Dummyhalf...
swat_kh
swat_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 21st January 2010, 9:20 am

i also encounter batt flat last nite.. but was due to forgetting to close the booth, so the booth light was on for 2 days n now can't start up.. checked with CnC, the manager told me they got service support but charge abt the same price as AAA, he suggest getting fren with cable to help (which im going to do tonight) den once start.. run the engine to charge the battery.. and try to re-start to ensure battery is working.. battery shd be fine.. nothing wrong with it just run out of power.. so i guess if its working.. CnC will not replace for u.. as for the claim of the 24 hrs service.. u can check with the insurance company n see if they cover this.. some do cover..
fyi, forgetting to off cabin lights will also drain the battery..and my fren jus install survelliance camera said batt will flat if they r on for abt 43 hrs.. all these will drain ur battery lor.. i dun think its due to VS or car alarm.. i have these installed for a few months n left it for 6-7 days and had no problem.. lastly, if manual car can try rolling the car to start.. Smile
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 21st January 2010, 10:28 am

scorpey wrote:i also encounter batt flat last nite.. but was due to forgetting to close the booth, so the booth light was on for 2 days n now can't start up.. checked with CnC, the manager told me they got service support but charge abt the same price as AAA, he suggest getting fren with cable to help (which im going to do tonight) den once start.. run the engine to charge the battery.. and try to re-start to ensure battery is working.. battery shd be fine.. nothing wrong with it just run out of power.. so i guess if its working.. CnC will not replace for u.. as for the claim of the 24 hrs service.. u can check with the insurance company n see if they cover this.. some do cover..
fyi, forgetting to off cabin lights will also drain the battery..and my fren jus install survelliance camera said batt will flat if they r on for abt 43 hrs.. all these will drain ur battery lor.. i dun think its due to VS or car alarm.. i have these installed for a few months n left it for 6-7 days and had no problem.. lastly, if manual car can try rolling the car to start.. Smile

Komoco used to replace battery if flat with in a year. but now not sure....
used to brain my battery when is about a year than call them to get a replacement FREE. silent
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 21st January 2010, 10:41 am

wow.. good idea... let me know if this works for CnC.. Smile
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 21st January 2010, 11:37 am

scorpey wrote:i also encounter batt flat last nite.. but was due to forgetting to close the booth, so the booth light was on for 2 days n now can't start up.. checked with CnC, the manager told me they got service support but charge abt the same price as AAA, he suggest getting fren with cable to help (which im going to do tonight) den once start.. run the engine to charge the battery.. and try to re-start to ensure battery is working.. battery shd be fine.. nothing wrong with it just run out of power.. so i guess if its working.. CnC will not replace for u.. as for the claim of the 24 hrs service.. u can check with the insurance company n see if they cover this.. some do cover..

Manual does say not to push the car for a rolling start, not sure how much to believe from there. Jump start from another car is pretty easy, I have witnessed it once and there are plenty of articles online to teach you how to do it with safety in mind - that is not to link up the batteries when the car engine is running.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 21st January 2010, 11:44 am

Mm..my fren pushed start his accent told me no problem if it's manual gear.. yeah, jump start is easy just need to find cables n another car lor..
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by Corgel 21st January 2010, 11:51 am

rolling the car to start is for last resort when u can't jump start mah... automatics can't do it though...
Corgel
Corgel

Back to top Go down

Post by VAG 21st January 2010, 2:15 pm

Why car don't have low battery reminder like handphone. Then we will remember charge the battery. Flat battery Icon_tongue
VAG
VAG

Back to top Go down

Post by Corgel 21st January 2010, 2:19 pm

VAG wrote:Why car don't have low battery reminder like handphone. Then we will remember charge the battery. Flat battery Icon_tongue

cause everytime u move it will charge... if battery low how to remind u? send sms?
Corgel
Corgel

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 21st January 2010, 2:19 pm

good idea.. but even got such reminder u have to be at ur car right?
so maybe have one tat can automatically send sms to remind u? wahaha..
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 21st January 2010, 2:20 pm

bro corgel,
same thinking! haha..
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by Corgel 21st January 2010, 2:28 pm

scorpey wrote:bro corgel,
same thinking! haha..

lol... great minds think alike... there are alarms that can send sms to u, so this shouldn't be too difficult... just ex so no one wanna do...
Corgel
Corgel

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 21st January 2010, 2:32 pm

Corgel wrote:
scorpey wrote:bro corgel,
same thinking! haha..

lol... great minds think alike... there are alarms that can send sms to u, so this shouldn't be too difficult... just ex so no one wanna do...

agree, it will be practical to have this feature.. maybe we can "sell" our idea to car makers or GSM alarm makers... hehe..
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by Corgel 21st January 2010, 2:36 pm

yup, wat's the point in having high-tech alarms when there's no battery to power it?
Corgel
Corgel

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 21st January 2010, 3:23 pm

A must buy for OPC, who may not start their engines for 120hours at a shot... and if there is a surveillance camera running...

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by winn 21st January 2010, 3:48 pm

my battery died within 8 months also, despite using it daily, then if you read online the many articles, you'll realise that if you load alot of stuff on your car, the alternator for our korean cars are relatively small, i.e. it charges a lower amount of energy when you drive.

so, with the extra stuff (amps, sub, extra speakers, new alarm), you will load a higher level on the battery, even when you charge daily. Once it reaches a certain point (can't rem the exact level, you can find online), it will stress the battery's regenerative ability.

Anyway, after i changed to one of those huge-*** amarons (sold by aunty mary at upp thomson - EM), it lasts for 2.5 years, and still going, really strong.

So, if your battery dies often (less than a year), go buy a bigger powered battery Razz

The stuff kia gives, is tiny.
winn
winn

Back to top Go down

Post by winn 21st January 2010, 8:27 pm

ahhaah i just took my car...

its really strange.. the '06 battery slot for the Rio, can fit the enlarged Amarons.. but the new koup's battery slot is only for the small batteries... so cannot up.. my SE was saying that if you put lotsa audio.. put in a voltage stabilizer to reduce stress on the battery... (not sure, i'm not a super ICE person)

just to update Smile
winn
winn

Back to top Go down

Post by swat_kh 22nd January 2010, 10:53 pm

hmmm, that's funny. I did switched off everything b4 i left my car and it is not heavily loaded with stuff. So dun quite understand how come it is flat after <4mths...

xominon, winn, do you take ur car for a thorough checkup from C&C? Coz i am considering whether to do so...
swat_kh
swat_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 22nd January 2010, 11:14 pm

mine after close to 11 months with alarm, X2 Amps plus Woofer still going strong leh.....rightfully yours should last longer.....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Dummyhalf 22nd January 2010, 11:47 pm

i just confirmed with my SE and he mentioned battery standard 1 year warranty thumbsup
Dummyhalf
Dummyhalf

Back to top Go down

Post by winn 23rd January 2010, 1:00 am

yeah i just checked with my SE too.. if flat, they have 1 yr warranty Smile
winn
winn

Back to top Go down

Post by xominon 23rd January 2010, 6:12 pm

swat - will feedback to C&C in Feb, after CNY i guess for my 11000k servicing....

winn - any idea whether the large capacity batt can fit into forte??
xominon
xominon

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 24th January 2010, 11:53 am

after jump start n recharge for 30mins on thurs.. i left the car for one day n try restarting again yesterday.. no problem.. Smile
anyway, i did ask CnC manager, if flat battery due to over draining, they will not change 4 u as the battery is working properly.. but if it is a faulty battery den the 1 yr warranty comes in.. i think quite reasonable lah.. u dun go back to nokia n ask them to replace ur h/p battery just becos u didn't charge it rite? just take note of why the battery is flat.. there must be a reason.. for my case, i forgot to close my boot n the boot light is on for 2 days, i oso notice if boot is not close properly, my self-install led door lights will be on as well.. tats the reason why my batt is flat.. shouldn't be car alarm or P-max as i have both items and left my cars off for more than 5 days.. no problem..
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 24th January 2010, 12:07 pm

flat battery should be checked to verify if it is defective (unable to hold the charges) or juz drained-off (forgotten to switch off)....battery shop will know wat to check.....

normally if battery is defective.....it will go flat again the next morning......
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 24th January 2010, 12:15 pm

yah, for those who r not sure why it is flat.. shd get it checked.. but for my case, it is just plain forgetful.. tats y to confirm mine is a drained off, i leave it off for a day n tried restarting again.. Smile
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down