Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Weird and Crazy Pedestrians

+7
JuanST
Fortec
Juz@kid
dandeana21
liplip
muff
pessimizt
11 posters

Go down

Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Empty Weird and Crazy Pedestrians

Post by pessimizt 5th January 2010, 9:52 pm

Recently seems to meet quite a few of such people while driving on the road. I need to get it off. Weird and Crazy Pedestrians 316913 The most memorable one was.....

I was driving to the market near my place. There was 2 lane and i was driving on the right most lane. When approaching a traffic light which is green (in my favour), i suddenly saw a guy started to walk out of the pedestrain crossing while many others stay put at the pavement. Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Icon_eek I double check the traffic light signals and it was still GREEN but the guy kept on walking !!! As he has crossed more than half of the left lane, i honked lightly at him (to warn him that i am approaching). While passing by him, the guy gave me a smuck look and raised his hand as if to gesture 'horn simi horn'. Or is he trying to gesture that he has the right of way ? Weird and Crazy Pedestrians 684438

His gesture really put me on fire Weird and Crazy Pedestrians 316913 . Felt like stopping the car and go down and 'talk' to him. But on second thoughts, dont think it is worth the effort. Seems to me that he might be a little something wrong at the head to have walk out whlie all others stayed put in the first place.

Oh my, what if he dashed out and i knocked on him.........dont know whose fault man....... Weird and Crazy Pedestrians 699370
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Empty Re: Weird and Crazy Pedestrians

Post by muff 5th January 2010, 10:04 pm

pessimizt wrote:....

Oh my, what if he dashed out and i knocked on him.........dont know whose fault man....... Weird and Crazy Pedestrians 699370

good to install camera on yr ride.....you never know when it is going to happen to you....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 5th January 2010, 10:18 pm

To most people, horning means something rude, that could be on the pedestrian's mind. He fails to understand that you are trying to tell him that your car is a danger to him.

If you want someone to help you feel better, I will tell you that you have done the right thing to use the horn to warn danger.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 5th January 2010, 10:28 pm

wait until u kenna one crazy woman who walks across the road and stopping in the middle of the lane dat u r driving on, waiting for u to ram into her....... I encountered this siao char bor near my place some more.. horn oso no use.. she doesn't even budge and ended up stopping the car..........
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 5th January 2010, 10:33 pm

keep pressing e horn but make sure u really hv e right of way....
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 5th January 2010, 10:37 pm

Juz@kid wrote:keep pressing e horn but make sure u really hv e right of way....

spongie.. for dat woman ah... gone case lah.. she's suicidal...... after i stopped the car, she moved to the next lane and did the same thing............ good thing that the driver on the other side oredi noticed that and he stopped oso... but i drove off without bothering abt her.. sheesh.. dat time felt like dragging her out of the roads and give her a good bash on her head instead.. Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Icon_evil
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 6th January 2010, 12:14 am

There was this one afternoon when I drive into the driveway near my place, this young gal literally stop in the middle of the lane and sms feverishly, I stop behind her and just wait it out(actually I m checking her butt out haha). After about 20sec, she finished with her sms and decides to check for traffic. She jumped when she turned and see my car.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 6th January 2010, 8:08 am

only here do i see pedestrians just walk into pedestrian lane w/o checking if there is an on-coming car. i have asked several ppl about this (esp teenagers), 80% say that they have the right of way what. so car must stop. else they go to jail.

they dont seem to understand that if car dont stop, right of way would not matter for they would be dead. Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Icon_evil
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 6th January 2010, 8:34 am

Ya, be it right of way or not, if car knock pedestrain, definitely will be injury (or worse - death). That will be the case of Embassy car hit-and-run. Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Icon_evil
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 6th January 2010, 8:37 am

dandeana21 wrote:wait until u kenna one crazy woman who walks across the road and stopping in the middle of the lane dat u r driving on, waiting for u to ram into her....... I encountered this siao char bor near my place some more.. horn oso no use.. she doesn't even budge and ended up stopping the car..........

Wah, that is crazy ! Is she old ? Where did you see her ?
I hope its not along Punggol Rd near St Anne Church ?

I also encounter some ah mah and ah gong (really old, hunched back and
pushing a trolley of cardbox that is higher than them) crossing the
road while the light is not to their favour.

Most of the cars stop and giveway. Weird and Crazy Pedestrians 332362 But some cars at the back who did not see what is happening keeps horning. Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Icon_evil
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 6th January 2010, 8:39 am

liplip wrote:To most people, horning means something rude, that could be on the pedestrian's mind. He fails to understand that you are trying to tell him that your car is a danger to him.

If you want someone to help you feel better, I will tell you that you have done the right thing to use the horn to warn danger.

I tried to depress the horn as light as possible but it still sounded like a normal horn.
Is there anyway to horn lightly for our Forte ? Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Icon_redface
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 6th January 2010, 8:42 am

pessimizt wrote:
dandeana21 wrote:wait until u kenna one crazy woman who walks across the road and stopping in the middle of the lane dat u r driving on, waiting for u to ram into her....... I encountered this siao char bor near my place some more.. horn oso no use.. she doesn't even budge and ended up stopping the car..........

Most of the cars stop and giveway. Weird and Crazy Pedestrians 332362 But some cars at the back who did not see what is happening keeps horning. Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Icon_evil

we oso have these old ppl in our estate. one is even a heart attack survivor, so he really walk very very slow.
if i happen to be the lead car, right or wrong , i just turn on my hazard lights. the cars behind me can horn all they want. Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Icon_tongue
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 6th January 2010, 9:01 am

hurhur..
bro persimizt i think u are simply suay ley..
i remember that time u also met with a woman who try to kill herself...

but seriously i would have unwind and yell at him.
dont have to get out to talk.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 6th January 2010, 9:03 am

lukester wrote:hurhur..
bro persimizt i think u are simply suay ley..
i remember that time u also met with a woman who try to kill herself...

but seriously i would have unwind and yell at him.
dont have to get out to talk.

Yea, thats the woman i encountered at Punggol Rd near St Anne Church junction. Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Icon_sad
Thats why i am checking with dandan.

I dont dare to yell. Wait later he follow the car and give it a good scratch.....more LL. Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Icon_evil
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 6th January 2010, 9:38 am

JuanST wrote:only here do i see pedestrians just walk into pedestrian lane w/o checking if there is an on-coming car. i have asked several ppl about this (esp teenagers), 80% say that they have the right of way what. so car must stop. else they go to jail.

they dont seem to understand that if car dont stop, right of way would not matter for they would be dead. Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Icon_evil

It is worse on Jakarta roads, you have people crossing the road and flagging their hands to mean that you have to stop. They don't even care if you are coming down the road at 50km/h.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 6th January 2010, 9:51 am

Right of way? Would they like to sit in a wheelchair for the rest of their lives.....if they don't die in an accident.

The question is not whether the driver will go to jail or whatever....the big question is the consequence of a disagreement between a human body and a car. Obviously a car can be repaired with spare parts....human body...spare parts hard to come by and it may not fit either.

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 6th January 2010, 9:55 am

pessimizt wrote:

haha.. the best part is that she's not old leh.. somewhere ard late 30's or early 40's.. from her dressing style, she's looks like a half-boiled egg - half working adult, half ah soh... quite sloppy and wearing red some more... kee seow...
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 6th January 2010, 10:00 am

anyway got one time i was rather cheeky.. there was this old couple walking along the carpark road at my place.. I think they were not aware of me trailing behind them.. Losing a bit of patience Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Suspect and with the horn being so loud in my previous ride, I juz horned at them.. the old man literally jumped after dat... ultimate thing is that my mom was wif me and she juz burst out laughing like mad... Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Drunken_smilie good thing dat he didn't hv a heart attack... Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Icon_geek
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 6th January 2010, 10:07 am

You know on the main road near the interchange that turns left and then go straight in to Junction8 carpark?

Anyway there is this once I was gng to Junction 8. Its a wet rainy day, probably the rain stop liao, pedestrain pavement still very wet.

Just as I was about to turn left, an auntie about 60s wanted to cross the road to the Interchange side. I wonder why she doesnt want to use the zebra crossing just ahead.

Anyway, I noticed her, and I stopped very slowly at a 45 deg angle and assume she will cross. And when she saw my car, she got stunned, i didnt horn or anything huh, then she just stunned on her own, slipped and fell.

Wah laoz, I was so embrassed, dun even know what to do. Somemore behind so many cars, donno what to do, whether to go and help her out or not. Luckily, there was another passer-by who helped her up.

Our traffic police spend so much money to advertise old ppl to use proper pedestrian crossing also no use..
haiz.....
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 6th January 2010, 12:36 pm

liplip wrote:
JuanST wrote:only here do i see pedestrians just walk into pedestrian lane w/o checking if there is an on-coming car. i have asked several ppl about this (esp teenagers), 80% say that they have the right of way what. so car must stop. else they go to jail.

It is worse on Jakarta roads, you have people crossing the road and flagging their hands to mean that you have to stop. They don't even care if you are coming down the road at 50km/h.

at least they know ur coming...... here sometimes so busy with their phone / ipod or gf/ bf ... that they dun even know if anythng is coming....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 6th January 2010, 1:05 pm

liplip wrote:

liplip, are you referring to those who wash your car and then tout for money immediately ? Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Icon_eek
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 6th January 2010, 2:00 pm

alamak.... problem is horn not loud enough to startle them....... WAKE THEM UP.... >.<
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 6th January 2010, 2:23 pm

datz oso becoz the stupid TP advertised very strongly against speeding and tell drivers to think first before speeding.. They forgot that pedestrians are also partly to be blamed........ Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Icon_mad
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 6th January 2010, 2:45 pm

u will ALWAYS see stoopid presbyterians and drivers on the road wherever u go..

Just like ytd morning while driving to work, tio horn by a lady VIOS driver when i overtake a slow lorry in front of me.. i already signal for 3 seconds.. chk no cars at front mirror, side mirrors and blind spots before overtaking.. then got this stoopid lady driver pops up from nowhere and horn me for 5 seconds non-stop..

the best part is that she is going to the same place as i do.. Damn suay.. when i park my car at my workplace.. she wind down her car window and swear "international" languages at me...

I simply bo chupz and walked away like nothing happens.. hahaha.. wat a bit_Ch!!
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 6th January 2010, 3:31 pm

pessimizt wrote:
liplip wrote:

liplip, are you referring to those who wash your car and then tout for money immediately ? Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Icon_eek

Nope, those type always move off the road when the traffic light turns green. But these days don't have such people already on Jakarta roads, they converted to selling foods and toys but on jammed roads mostly.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 6th January 2010, 3:35 pm

JuanST wrote:
liplip wrote:

at least they know ur coming...... here sometimes so busy with their phone / ipod or gf/ bf ... that they dun even know if anythng is coming....

These are the genuine cases and any driver who spotted and horned them did the right thing.

Pedestrians that know you are coming and expect you to stop is more hated. These people are actually destroying the earth because I have to burn more petrol to get back to moving.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 6th January 2010, 3:47 pm

actually the ipod or mobile phone usage which leads to blind walker can be seen in shopping malls too.

some ppl will just bang into you. depending on your size, if you are smaller size ppl will try to stare and you thinking they have the right of way when they use ipod/mobile phone when both u are walking.

if you are bigger size, they think u will ham tam them
haha
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 6th January 2010, 4:11 pm

lawrenceke wrote:u will ALWAYS see stoopid presbyterians and drivers on the road wherever u go..

Just like ytd morning while driving to work, tio horn by a lady VIOS driver when i overtake a slow lorry in front of me.. i already signal for 3 seconds.. chk no cars at front mirror, side mirrors and blind spots before overtaking.. then got this stoopid lady driver pops up from nowhere and horn me for 5 seconds non-stop..

the best part is that she is going to the same place as i do.. Damn suay.. when i park my car at my workplace.. she wind down her car window and swear "international" languages at me...

I simply bo chupz and walked away like nothing happens.. hahaha.. wat a bit_Ch!!

I guess some people need to go for anger management sessions. Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Icon_biggrin

Anyways, i thought presbyterians are students from the school ? Weird and Crazy Pedestrians Icon_redface
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 6th January 2010, 5:24 pm

lawrenceke wrote:u will ALWAYS see stoopid presbyterians and drivers on the road wherever u go..

from the "looks" of ya msg... She shouldnt NOT-be-able-to-make-it kind. Why not screw her in da face too.. HHAHA
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down