Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Weird thing sticking to brake Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Weird thing sticking to brake Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Weird thing sticking to brake Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Weird thing sticking to brake Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Weird thing sticking to brake Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Weird thing sticking to brake Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Weird thing sticking to brake Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Weird thing sticking to brake Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Weird thing sticking to brake Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Weird thing sticking to brake

+9
kenincf
JuanST
waypoint
NiVleK
genexis
muff
greatgazoo
chernobyl
tensai
13 posters

Go down

Weird thing sticking to brake Empty Weird thing sticking to brake

Post by tensai 29th November 2009, 4:40 pm

Just washed my car and found this weird strip sticking to my right rear drum brake. Sorry for the blur pictures, but to describe it, it's like a metal strip with rectangular blocks sticking out, and a black foam tape on the other side, which was why it was sticking on my drum brake. It says ET 5g on the raised blocks.

Weird thing sticking to brake Pictur10

Weird thing sticking to brake Pictur11

Weird thing sticking to brake Pictur12

Just wanted to ask bros here if you all know what it is. Seriously hoping it is not brake lining or something like that. Freaked me out when I saw it sticking on my brake, looking all innocent.

tensai

Back to top Go down

Weird thing sticking to brake Empty Re: Weird thing sticking to brake

Post by chernobyl 29th November 2009, 4:45 pm

its used for wheel balancing if i'm not wrong.... any bros can double confirm?
chernobyl
chernobyl

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 29th November 2009, 4:55 pm

Yes it's for the wheel balancing.

Think you better stick it back Weird thing sticking to brake Icon_smile
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 29th November 2009, 5:03 pm

muz stick back to the exact location.....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by genexis 29th November 2009, 5:04 pm

its for wheel balancing. but... you cannot just stick it back this way. You need to bring to the service centre and ask them to do the balancing again.

Anyway, if they need so much weight to balance you wheel, then it means ur wheel is VERY VERY out of balance, which is not good.

genexis

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 29th November 2009, 5:09 pm

Pls go for balancing and demand from the workshop free balancing since they did not stick the weights properly...
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by tensai 29th November 2009, 5:17 pm

NiVleK wrote:Pls go for balancing and demand from the workshop free balancing since they did not stick the weights properly...

Hmm ok I guess I will go to the service center, can shun bian do my 1k servicing, since its 940 km now. But meanwhile it's still safe to drive right?

tensai

Back to top Go down

Post by genexis 29th November 2009, 5:18 pm

dun drive fast.

genexis

Back to top Go down

Post by tensai 29th November 2009, 5:48 pm

genexis wrote:dun drive fast.

ok ok thanks. would it be stupid for me to arrange for 1k servicing before i actually hit 1k? haha. gonna try booking servicing online now.

tensai

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 29th November 2009, 6:29 pm

Yes, as the rest of the guys have said. Drive carefully, watch your speed especially when taking corners... Don't be surprised if you hear your tyre from which you took the weights off from squeal. These weights balance out the unbalanced centrifugal forces of a wheel when the tyres have been mounted.

Get this sorted out ASAP.

BR,
w a y
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by tensai 29th November 2009, 6:33 pm

waypoint wrote:Yes, as the rest of the guys have said. Drive carefully, watch your speed especially when taking corners... Don't be surprised if you hear your tyre from which you took the weights off from squeal. These weights balance out the unbalanced centrifugal forces of a wheel when the tyres have been mounted.

BR,
w a y

Just booked my servicing, only available time is 2nd Dec. Oh well hopefully nothing more drops off my car (i.e. wheel etc)

Btw, you guys rock! I feel safe having such a forum to rely on. Thanks guys! (and gals.)

tensai

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 29th November 2009, 6:42 pm

A little OT, Bro...

But, if you ask me, the spirit of tensai is lost to Shichida. The lady boss is hell-bent on making tons of moo-lah and nothing more. The high turnover of the staff/teachers due to the unreasonable job demands is disruptive to the kids'/students' learning. I mean, heck, the school's so desperate that even pro-active parents who have been very involved in their kid's' learning process can even qualify as teachers! My wife and I were approached...
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 29th November 2009, 6:48 pm

tensai wrote:
waypoint wrote:Yes, as the rest of the guys have said. Drive carefully, watch your speed especially when taking corners... Don't be surprised if you hear your tyre from which you took the weights off from squeal. These weights balance out the unbalanced centrifugal forces of a wheel when the tyres have been mounted.

BR,
w a y

Just booked my servicing, only available time is 2nd Dec. Oh well hopefully nothing more drops off my car (i.e. wheel etc)

Btw, you guys rock! I feel safe having such a forum to rely on. Thanks guys! (and gals.)

both u and me learn new thing today.... Weird thing sticking to brake Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by tensai 29th November 2009, 6:48 pm

waypoint wrote:A little OT, Bro...

But, if you ask me, the spirit of tensai is lost to Shichida. The lady boss is hell-bent on making tons of moo-lah and nothing more. The high turnover of the staff/teachers due to the unreasonable job demands is disruptive to the kids'/students' learning. I mean, heck, the school's so desperate that even pro-active parents who have been very involved in their kid's' learning process can even qualify as teachers! My wife and I were approached...

Eh? I just thought tensai meant genius in japanese....took from slam dunk anime. Haha. But nowadays, parents are very kiasu...so easy to fleece money off them in the name of education.

tensai

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 29th November 2009, 7:10 pm

tensai wrote:
genexis wrote:dun drive fast.

ok ok thanks. would it be stupid for me to arrange for 1k servicing before i actually hit 1k? haha. gonna try booking servicing online now.

I did my servicing at 800+km.. Smile
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaisu7165 30th November 2009, 12:08 pm

my balance weight was protruding out (front wheel) and drop-off after driving for few mths .My is EX so its seems that those on 15" seems to have tis problem of weights missing/dropping off.Gone outside tyre shop to do my rotation & balance (doesn't trust C&C) & mechanic mentioned that the four wheels are way- off balanced (as if c&c didn't do any balancing when they local fit our rims & tyres) now my four wheels c/w weights instead of only the front previously.
Kaisu7165
Kaisu7165

Back to top Go down

Post by maxx 30th November 2009, 12:24 pm

does any bro actually knows did C&C do tyre rotation & balancing to our car everytime they do our car service.
maxx
maxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaisu7165 30th November 2009, 12:34 pm

Bro ...Rotate & balance is an option ($20.00) when u go for your 10K servicing onwards.They'll asked u if u want to do when u check-in your beloved .
Kaisu7165
Kaisu7165

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 30th November 2009, 12:53 pm

tensai wrote:Just washed my car and found this weird strip sticking to my right rear drum brake. Sorry for the blur pictures, but to describe it, it's like a metal strip with rectangular blocks sticking out, and a black foam tape on the other side, which was why it was sticking on my drum brake. It says ET 5g on the raised blocks.

Just wanted to ask bros here if you all know what it is. Seriously hoping it is not brake lining or something like that. Freaked me out when I saw it sticking on my brake, looking all innocent.

Yes!!! is for balancing the wheel, but as what you had mention is sticking on your drum barke, i guess
the crown doing the balancing on your wheel stick it for convenience in case he want to stick on the wheel and he forgot to take it out Weird thing sticking to brake Icon_razz
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 30th November 2009, 1:14 pm

have to ask the tyre shop to re-balance the wheel again.

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 2nd December 2009, 9:44 am

tensai wrote:Just washed my car and found this weird strip sticking to my right rear drum brake. Sorry for the blur pictures, but to describe it, it's like a metal strip with rectangular blocks sticking out, and a black foam tape on the other side, which was why it was sticking on my drum brake. It says ET 5g on the raised blocks.

Bro, how's the outcome?
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by tensai 2nd December 2009, 8:06 pm

nocash wrote:

Bro, how's the outcome?

Went for servicing today and told them. The funny thing is I don't feel a difference before and after, no vibration of steering wheel or squealing of tires. Maybe my tires were not imba after all. LOL.

Also, any bros here still waiting for folding mirrors? I got mine installed today, not sure how much stock they have though. I was at Eunos Service Center.

tensai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down