Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Weird sound from under-carriage upon turning key... Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Weird sound from under-carriage upon turning key... Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Weird sound from under-carriage upon turning key... Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Weird sound from under-carriage upon turning key... Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Weird sound from under-carriage upon turning key... Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Weird sound from under-carriage upon turning key... Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Weird sound from under-carriage upon turning key... Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Weird sound from under-carriage upon turning key... Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Weird sound from under-carriage upon turning key... Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Weird sound from under-carriage upon turning key...

+5
mkkiaforte
saturnz^83
waypoint
longbow
xenocide
9 posters

Go down

Weird sound from under-carriage upon turning key... Empty Weird sound from under-carriage upon turning key...

Post by xenocide 16th November 2009, 10:42 pm

Hi guys,

i realise something strange today... as it was pretty quiet in the MSCP
i proceeded as usual to start my car... i turned the key once, ding ding ding and side mirrors open...
i turned the key 2nd time, most of the engine check, esp, air bag etc lights came on...
its during this time, i notice a faint winding sound coming from the undercarriage... sounded like "eeeeeeeee"
like those gear winding toys...

i shut off everything, repeat procedure... same thing... at 2nd turn, i hear the "eeeeeeeeeeeee" sound
duno where does it come from... Weird sound from under-carriage upon turning key... Kopfschuettel Weird sound from under-carriage upon turning key... Kopfschuettel Weird sound from under-carriage upon turning key... Kopfschuettel
xenocide
xenocide

Back to top Go down

Weird sound from under-carriage upon turning key... Empty Re: Weird sound from under-carriage upon turning key...

Post by longbow 16th November 2009, 10:45 pm

the power to surprise
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Weird sound from under-carriage upon turning key... Empty Re: Weird sound from under-carriage upon turning key...

Post by waypoint 16th November 2009, 11:21 pm

That's the fuel pump...
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by xenocide 17th November 2009, 12:08 am

so loud wan ah? ok so its normal?
thanks waypoint
xenocide
xenocide

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 29th November 2009, 11:59 pm

I also notice a sound from the undercarriage...

Not sure whether you guys experience this..i can sometimes hear metal producing "ting ting" sound at the area of the undercarriage directly below the seat behind the driver when the car is stationary wif engine on..
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by mkkiaforte 30th November 2009, 12:01 am

longbow wrote:the power to surprise

Rolling Eyes lol!
mkkiaforte
mkkiaforte

Back to top Go down

Post by ozzie75 30th November 2009, 9:43 am

saturnz^83 wrote:I also notice a sound from the undercarriage...

Not sure whether you guys experience this..i can sometimes hear metal producing "ting ting" sound at the area of the undercarriage directly below the seat behind the driver when the car is stationary wif engine on..

I used to have this problem, and eventually had the whole muffler replaced by C&C. The sound gets more significant when you on the air-con. Suggest to have it checked at C&C. Cheers.

ozzie75

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 30th November 2009, 12:26 pm

ozzie75 wrote:

I used to have this problem, and eventually had the whole muffler replaced by C&C. The sound gets more significant when you on the air-con. Suggest to have it checked at C&C. Cheers.

I have this problem oso but yet to go n change.. will report this for my next servicing.. ya, sound get louder when aircon is on and louder over time..
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by ozzie75 30th November 2009, 9:46 pm

scorpey wrote:
ozzie75 wrote:

I have this problem oso but yet to go n change.. will report this for my next servicing.. ya, sound get louder when aircon is on and louder over time..

Time to impose the warranty on C&C. Cheers.

ozzie75

Back to top Go down

Post by cpt_zr 30th November 2009, 10:32 pm

when i turn my key to on [before cranking] got this zzzztttt sound..

i assume its powering up electrical pumps or several hydraulics?
cpt_zr
cpt_zr

Back to top Go down

Post by xenocide 1st December 2009, 9:08 am

thats the sound i hear...
xenocide
xenocide

Back to top Go down

Post by cpt_zr 1st December 2009, 11:05 pm

hmm i think its normal? for the electrics to buzz. haha

but for my car got some sqeeky sound when i clutch in and go gear 1 and move off.. like got one squeek! sound..

any idea?
cpt_zr
cpt_zr

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 7th December 2009, 11:30 am

i have the zzzzztt sound b4 cranking too.. sounds normal to me.. =)
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by Aloysius 15th February 2010, 1:52 am

cpt_zr wrote:hmm i think its normal? for the electrics to buzz. haha

but for my car got some sqeeky sound when i clutch in and go gear 1 and move off.. like got one squeek! sound..

any idea?

Does it sound like below video?