Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Plug-in Ioniser Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Plug-in Ioniser Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Plug-in Ioniser Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Plug-in Ioniser Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Plug-in Ioniser Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Plug-in Ioniser Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Plug-in Ioniser Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Plug-in Ioniser Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Plug-in Ioniser Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Plug-in Ioniser

+3
kapitan
greatgazoo
dipstick
7 posters

Go down

Plug-in Ioniser Empty Plug-in Ioniser

Post by dipstick 16th May 2009, 11:16 am

Has anyone used a plug-in type ioniser in the 12v output of the Forte. The ioniser I am referring to is the type that is normally plugged into the cig lighter but there isn't one in the EX.

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Plug-in Ioniser Empty Re: Plug-in Ioniser

Post by greatgazoo 16th May 2009, 11:50 am

dipstick wrote:Has anyone used a plug-in type ioniser in the 12v output of the Forte. The ioniser I am referring to is the type that is normally plugged into the cig lighter but there isn't one in the EX.

You mean EX dun have that cig lighter hole? Impossible, every car should have it and for SX, is just beside the mp3 socket and is has a cap cover it.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 16th May 2009, 11:51 am

It is not a cig lighter outlet as it is as the plug in lighter is not provided.... the outlet next to the iPod/USB port is a power outlet... dc 12volts?

I plug a telephone charger into it......
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 16th May 2009, 12:18 pm

Nowadays alot of cars give you the 12V power outlet but not the plugin lighter attachment. Maybe it's because most people don't use it to light up their ciggies anymore.

I'm using a plug in ionizer. It helps alot in dealing with bad odours, but be prepared to clean your car more often as all the dust will also be ionized and fall onto your dash and seats. The purpose of the ionizer is to attach negative ions to floating particles and make them 'heavier'. Oh yah, also be prepared for a slight ozone smell (sort of like a photocopy machine smell).

Get the bigger ones that use about 3watts or more. The simple stick types aren't powerful enough to deodourise your whole car, and they tend to spoil quite quickly.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 16th May 2009, 10:36 pm

tiny wrote:Nowadays alot of cars give you the 12V power outlet but not the plugin lighter attachment. Maybe it's because most people don't use it to light up their ciggies anymore.

I'm using a plug in ionizer. It helps alot in dealing with bad odours, but be prepared to clean your car more often as all the dust will also be ionized and fall onto your dash and seats. The purpose of the ionizer is to attach negative ions to floating particles and make them 'heavier'. Oh yah, also be prepared for a slight ozone smell (sort of like a photocopy machine smell).

Get the bigger ones that use about 3watts or more. The simple stick types aren't powerful enough to deodourise your whole car, and they tend to spoil quite quickly.

ooooo!! so datz the purpose of the ioniser.. i bought it and plugged it in without knowing what it's supposed to do.. What a Face no wonder i see lotsa dust on the dashboard plus dat funny smell when i start the car first time for the day... bounce bounce
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by Pegasus 16th May 2009, 11:06 pm

just to add, get those ionisers with build-in fan. Air in car cabin get ionised faster.

Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 16th May 2009, 11:25 pm

Pegasus wrote:just to add, get those ionisers with build-in fan. Air in car cabin get ionised faster.

Razz Does that means more exp also.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pegasus 16th May 2009, 11:45 pm

greatgazoo wrote:
Pegasus wrote:just to add, get those ionisers with build-in fan. Air in car cabin get ionised faster.

Razz Does that means more exp also.

Not really more expensive. Can't recall how much they cost off hand. Bought my ionisers think 1+ year ago.

Actually, I have 2 ionisers in my current car. one is the solar powered from Maier. Need direct sunlight to work. http://www.maier.com.sg/pdts_ap_cd115.html

The other is from IonCare which comes with a built in fan. http://ghcn.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008801242648/LargeImage/Car-Air-Purifier/product_id-1004796078/action-GetProduct.htm

Think both products can be found in HomeFix stores.

Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by eraser 16th May 2009, 11:59 pm

Ya, the stick type of ionizer sucks, my broke down less than a month. Saved the money and bought a car vacuum and air freshener

I think the solar powered ionizer may have problem with our car film

eraser

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 17th May 2009, 12:06 am

hmm... I tink shouldn't be a problem if only your rear window is solar film. Unless the front seats windors is also solar film then bo bian liao.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down