Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
For Safety - Air Your Car Before You Turn On The Air Con Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
For Safety - Air Your Car Before You Turn On The Air Con Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
For Safety - Air Your Car Before You Turn On The Air Con Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
For Safety - Air Your Car Before You Turn On The Air Con Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
For Safety - Air Your Car Before You Turn On The Air Con Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
For Safety - Air Your Car Before You Turn On The Air Con Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
For Safety - Air Your Car Before You Turn On The Air Con Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
For Safety - Air Your Car Before You Turn On The Air Con Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
For Safety - Air Your Car Before You Turn On The Air Con Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

For Safety - Air Your Car Before You Turn On The Air Con

+6
Siaoster
kapitan
greatgazoo
nocash
newsman
Juz@kid
10 posters

Go down

For Safety - Air Your Car Before You Turn On The Air Con Empty For Safety - Air Your Car Before You Turn On The Air Con

Post by Juz@kid 16th May 2009, 8:24 am

Open the windows after you enter your car

In
brief, the above article says: According to research done by a U.C.,
the car dashboard, sofa, air freshener will emit Benzene, a cancer
causing toxin (carcinogen). In addition to causing cancer, it poisons
your bones, causes anemia, and reduces white blood cells. Prolonged
exposure will cause Leukemia, increasing the risk of cancer. May also
cause miscarriage.
Acceptable
Benezene level indoors is 50 mg per sq. ft. A car parked indoors with
the windows closed will contain 400-800 mg of Benezene. If parked
outdoors under the sun at a temperature above 60 degrees F, the
Benezene level goes up to 2000-4000 mg, 40 times the acceptable level.
The people inside the car will inevitably inhale an excess amount of
the toxin.

It
is recommended that you open the windows and door to give time for the
interior to air out before you enter. Benzene is a toxin that affects
your kidney and liver, and is difficult for your body to expel.
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

For Safety - Air Your Car Before You Turn On The Air Con Empty Re: For Safety - Air Your Car Before You Turn On The Air Con

Post by newsman 16th May 2009, 10:04 am

Put in some Charcoal n that will help a Little !
only $2 from Diaso n many type too.
newsman
newsman

Back to top Go down

For Safety - Air Your Car Before You Turn On The Air Con Empty Re: For Safety - Air Your Car Before You Turn On The Air Con

Post by nocash 16th May 2009, 11:12 am

Thanks for your info..bro juz@kid.
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 16th May 2009, 12:00 pm

newsman wrote:Put in some Charcoal n that will help a Little !

Newsman is rite, Charcoal really helps alot and try to put as many as possible if you can Razz
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 16th May 2009, 12:04 pm

Juz@kid wrote:Open the windows after you enter your car

In
brief, the above article says: According to research done by a U.C.,
the car dashboard, sofa, air freshener will emit Benzene, a cancer
causing toxin (carcinogen). In addition to causing cancer, it poisons
your bones, causes anemia, and reduces white blood cells. Prolonged
exposure will cause Leukemia, increasing the risk of cancer. May also
cause miscarriage.
Acceptable
Benezene level indoors is 50 mg per sq. ft. A car parked indoors with
the windows closed will contain 400-800 mg of Benezene. If parked
outdoors under the sun at a temperature above 60 degrees F, the
Benezene level goes up to 2000-4000 mg, 40 times the acceptable level.
The people inside the car will inevitably inhale an excess amount of
the toxin.

It
is recommended that you open the windows and door to give time for the
interior to air out before you enter. Benzene is a toxin that affects
your kidney and liver, and is difficult for your body to expel.

U know what is benzene????

I worked on a chemical tanker before and we had loaded thousand of tonnes of benzene... discharging in the States.... do u know the amount of safety precautions we had to take while discharging or loading benzene.... even with the precautions taken, we had to ventilate vaporised benzene into the air, and I probably had inhale so much of that during that period, I should not be alive today going by your post.....

And do you think the US consumers will not be suing the pants off all vehicle manufacturers if the above is true... they had successfully sued ciggy makers for 2nd hand smoke......

The above is all untrue......
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 16th May 2009, 12:13 pm

lol! dun be so serious lah. It's just that nowadays alot of SG people are very health consious, as long as they heard these will cause harmful effects, they will find ways to take precaution. Same applies to health products.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 16th May 2009, 12:16 pm

Seiously i am still wondering how charcoal actually can work wonders Question
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 16th May 2009, 1:13 pm

"It is recommended that you open the windows and door to give time for the interior to air out before you enter".

some bro/sis here got so much poison fitted on their car that they must wait half a day before they can enter leh.....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 16th May 2009, 1:44 pm

greatgazoo wrote:lol! dun be so serious lah. It's just that nowadays alot of SG people are very health consious, as long as they heard these will cause harmful effects, they will find ways to take precaution. Same applies to health products.

No lah,... I find it incrdible that so many people take it as face value for everything they read off the internet or recieved as a mail....... like the recent mail spam about tsunami hitting Singapore, it is completely false and yet people are still spreading it around...... I recieve something in the mail, I read I delete and forget about it.... I do not like it when people start spread false information...... Very Happy Very Happy
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 16th May 2009, 1:46 pm

newsman wrote:Put in some Charcoal n that will help a Little !

Buy up all the Charcoal from Diaso and do a Laylong Sales during the next meet up!
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by eraser 17th May 2009, 12:31 am

This benzene issue may be true as the car makers are changing to other processes and material to manufacture cars as many toxins are released into the atmosphere just to make 1 car. Same with BPA in milk bottles, if it is not true, why are there BPA free bottles and baby products selling in the market ? Our era no BPA free and not all of us will leave this world the same way one day.

Just relax, it's just a piece of info for us filter on our side.

eraser

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 17th May 2009, 11:00 am

Siaoster wrote:Seiously i am still wondering how charcoal actually can work wonders Question

u need to bring fire starter and light up until charcoal turns bright yellow, fan a little then put wire mesh, after as u drive u put hotdogs on te mesh, when u reach ur destination u can eat the hot dogs liao Smile Razz
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 17th May 2009, 11:30 am

BUt charcoal do work well i must say......been putting a pack in my full face and till now it still smells like new hee
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 18th May 2009, 12:05 pm

u put inside ur full face? usually i just open the visor and air my full face on a table or airy area.
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 18th May 2009, 12:11 pm

yeah after using it i will air it for one or 2 days, then put it back into the helmet back, then throw a pack of carbon inside , zip the back up haaa
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 18th May 2009, 1:26 pm

hmmm idea hor, but my old fullface the odor like cannot save liao lol
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 18th May 2009, 1:29 pm

Siaoster wrote:BUt charcoal do work well i must say......been putting a pack in my full face and till now it still smells like new hee

tish wrote:hmmm idea hor, but my old fullface the odor like cannot save liao lol

Both of you, faces old and stinkie... cannot save anymore.... maybe u need facial.....
Very Happy Very Happy
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 18th May 2009, 1:37 pm

hmmm maybetonight i ask my wife do some facial for me hiaks hiaks....
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 18th May 2009, 2:20 pm

tish wrote:hmmm idea hor, but my old fullface the odor like cannot save liao lol

you mean the shoei u selling at SBF huh ? hahhahaha why sell sia, nice can keep mah

no worries lah, the odor still can save, juz keep it longer with the carbons, and it possible throw in a pack of hungary hippo also to absorb the moisture in the helmet enclosed in the bag.

Very Happy
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 18th May 2009, 2:21 pm

kapitan wrote:
Siaoster wrote:BUt charcoal do work well i must say......been putting a pack in my full face and till now it still smells like new hee

Both of you, faces old and stinkie... cannot save anymore.... maybe u need facial.....
Very Happy Very Happy

i still got baby face skin lah......maybe about....%5 ? HAHAHHAAH
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down