Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
EPS warning light appeared!! Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
EPS warning light appeared!! Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
EPS warning light appeared!! Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
EPS warning light appeared!! Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
EPS warning light appeared!! Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
EPS warning light appeared!! Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
EPS warning light appeared!! Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
EPS warning light appeared!! Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
EPS warning light appeared!! Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

EPS warning light appeared!!

+4
mighty meow
GnoMisH
andikong
powerteo
8 posters

Go down

EPS warning light appeared!! Empty EPS warning light appeared!!

Post by powerteo 27th November 2009, 5:31 pm

This is the 1st time I encounter this! EPS warning light appeared!! 684438

This morning, I went to east coast with my family for cycling. I parked at the big splash open space carpark at 9am.
At 2pm, I started up the engine and found EPS led lit up. Not sure what that was, so I start moving off. To my surprise, the steering wheel can't turn! I quickly reverse back to the parking lot and try to find out what is happening.

I remembered seeing a thread mentioning about the steering wheel stuck... but donno what's the resolution.

The only thing I can try is to shut down the engine, wait for a while and start up again. Phew! the EPS led goes off! and my steering wheel can turn again.

To all the Forte 1.6sx out there:
if u see EPS (electronic powering steering) warning light lit up, don't panic. Shutdown your engine. Wait for 1 minute, then start up again. This should resolve the problem (hopefully).

I suspect it's the heat that caused this. This afternoon sun is really super hot!
Will report this to CnC on my 5k servicing.

Vehicles with hydraulic steering will not face this problem.

powerteo

Back to top Go down

EPS warning light appeared!! Empty Re: EPS warning light appeared!!

Post by andikong 27th November 2009, 5:50 pm

powerteo wrote:This is the 1st time I encounter this! EPS warning light appeared!! 684438

To all the Forte 1.6sx out there:
if u see EPS (electronic powering steering) warning light lit up, don't panic. Shutdown your engine. Wait for 1 minute, then start up again. This should resolve the problem (hopefully).

I suspect it's the heat that caused this. This afternoon sun is really super hot!
Will report this to CnC on my 5k servicing.

Vehicles with hydraulic steering will not face this problem.

powerteo, very cool and smart move, you're real power man. Good reminder to all who have the EPS EPS warning light appeared!! 332362
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by GnoMisH 27th November 2009, 6:51 pm

some sort of electronic malfunction i guess.. let us know what's the reply from C&C please
GnoMisH
GnoMisH

Back to top Go down

Post by mighty meow 27th November 2009, 7:18 pm

i also kana the same problem last week... dun knw whats went wrong too... did the same thing as you juz off and on back the engine and it goes off by itself... cant imaging if we were driving halfway at a high speed and it come out juz like dat... blur...keepus update on wat C&C replys .. thanks
mighty meow
mighty meow

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 27th November 2009, 7:33 pm

ok.. let me explain how this EPS works

when we switch to start mode, the car will do a thorough diagnostic test and the moment u ignite your engine.. EPS, ABS, ECS will perform diagnostic check too..

if any of the check fails, the LED will light up..

ok.. the basic function have explains..

as mentioned EPS, ABS, ECS each of these function are tapped to a module call driven motor modular.. these 3 will tapped to this modular and update the ECU on your current behaviour.. e.g. when u travel high speed.. ECU will detect it thru the modular and send signal to EPS and cause it to become stiffer..

so at any point of time when this communication failed.. then EPS led will light up which required you to do a reset (off/on engine).

compared Forte with other car.. 80% of Forte parts are tapped to ECU which is very electronics as I mentioned to few of the bros here..

so recommended prevention can be done is to add grounding or rather add a Voltage stablizer to stablize the electronics system for the whole car.

When travelling high speed or car is moving.. EPS very unlikely led up because it is constantly communicating with ECU.

usually EPS will occurred during start of engine and diagnostic failed.. this is common which BMW or Mercs will get this problem occasionally too.
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by xenocide 27th November 2009, 10:35 pm

how to tell if i'm having electronic or hydraulic steering?
xenocide
xenocide

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 27th November 2009, 10:40 pm

if u are driving EX.. then yours is hydraulic..

SX = EPS

hydraulic comes with a power steering tank.. usually at the left of car engine bay
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 27th November 2009, 10:44 pm

Well, maybe it's because of my past experience with driving diesel-engined commercial and military vehicles. I have this habit of waiting for the initial indicator/warning lights to go off first before I crank my engine. In the case of diesel engines, this short wait of about 5 to 10 seconds is to allow the glow-plug to heat up sufficiently first before cranking the engine.

This little interval could possibly allow the self-check/test/diagnostics to go on un-interrupted before I start the engine. I have yet to encounter the EPS 'light-up' since collecting my Ti-Ag back in early June.

BR,
w a y
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 27th November 2009, 11:02 pm

waypoint wrote:Well, maybe it's because of my past experience with driving diesel-engined commercial and military vehicles. I have this habit of waiting for the initial indicator/warning lights to go off first before I crank my engine. In the case of diesel engines, this short wait of about 5 to 10 seconds is to allow the glow-plug to heat up sufficiently first before cranking the engine.

This little interval could possibly allow the self-check/test/diagnostics to go on un-interrupted before I start the engine. I have yet to encounter the EPS 'light-up' since collecting my Ti-Ag back in early June.

BR,
w a y

sama sama.. my habits and experiences.. i always wait for those indicator lights to go off before crank..

the only time i got this problem is when im in a super hurry.. just turn and crank w/o waiting.. in the end EPS lit up.. EPS warning light appeared!! Icon_biggrin
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 27th November 2009, 11:06 pm

EPS warning light appeared!! 332362

HooAH!
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 28th November 2009, 12:47 am

think this is mentioned in manual IIRC.. its all the reset things, me too usually waited for most of the test lights to go off first before cranking.. usu eps is the last to go off after engine starts..

thanks for sharing on the solution and how it works..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down