Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
seat belt warning light not working Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
seat belt warning light not working Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
seat belt warning light not working Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
seat belt warning light not working Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
seat belt warning light not working Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
seat belt warning light not working Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
seat belt warning light not working Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
seat belt warning light not working Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
seat belt warning light not working Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

seat belt warning light not working

+7
kapitan
aural
karabi
Zonda S 4.1
Terrier
jimixer
leon76
11 posters

Go down

seat belt warning light not working Empty seat belt warning light not working

Post by leon76 29th September 2009, 3:27 pm

Hi all I just collected my car last Fri, very happy with the car, I like the blue tooth hp kit the most, really useful seat belt warning light not working Icon_biggrin
But i just found out one thing last night, my seat belt warning light seems not functioning, when i turn the key to on, it will flash one time(Very short flash only), aft that gone, and even i don't put on the belt and drive away also nothing happen, but according to the manual it should flash and beep right if u don't put and drive? ANyone have the same problem here? Mine is SX(A) version
My last toyota altis will beep and flash whenever the driver and front passanger's belt is not fastern

leon76

Back to top Go down

seat belt warning light not working Empty Re: seat belt warning light not working

Post by jimixer 29th September 2009, 3:58 pm

bro, this topic has been discussed before...
can refer to -> seat belt indicator seat belt warning light not working Icon_smile
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

seat belt warning light not working Empty Re: seat belt warning light not working

Post by Terrier 29th September 2009, 4:09 pm

that doesnt bothered me.. firstly i feel very irritated if nv put on seat belt yet keep beeping..

so my current state suits me alot =)
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Zonda S 4.1 29th September 2009, 6:13 pm

leon76 wrote:Hi all I just collected my car last Fri, very happy with the car, I like the blue tooth hp kit the most, really useful seat belt warning light not working Icon_biggrin
But i just found out one thing last night, my seat belt warning light seems not functioning, when i turn the key to on, it will flash one time(Very short flash only), aft that gone, and even i don't put on the belt and drive away also nothing happen, but according to the manual it should flash and beep right if u don't put and drive? ANyone have the same problem here? Mine is SX(A) version
My last toyota altis will beep and flash whenever the driver and front passanger's belt is not fastern

Hi, I have yet to collect my car. But just want to check cause I did not know, does the blue tooth hp kit come as standard features or is it a request you made to SE . Mine's 1.6 SX (M).
Zonda S 4.1
Zonda S 4.1

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 29th September 2009, 6:21 pm

Comes standard. Ur SE didn't tell u?
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by Zonda S 4.1 29th September 2009, 6:35 pm

karabi wrote:Comes standard. Ur SE didn't tell u?

Thanks. she may have or not I couldn't remember . but it is gd that it is included. Thanks .
Zonda S 4.1
Zonda S 4.1

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 29th September 2009, 6:52 pm

Zonda S 4.1 wrote:
karabi wrote:Comes standard. Ur SE didn't tell u?

Thanks. she may have or not I couldn't remember . but it is gd that it is included. Thanks .

I tot the bluetooth is only for SX. hmm
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 29th September 2009, 6:56 pm

Zonda S 4.1 wrote:
Hi, I have yet to collect my car. But just want to check cause I did not know, does the blue tooth hp kit come as standard features or is it a request you made to SE . Mine's 1.6 SX (M).

U signed on the dotted line without knowing what you signing for???
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 29th September 2009, 7:34 pm

His is SX ma.

For EX i not sure le.

I think he was drooling at the SE while signing, that's why never see! lol.
Jkin jkin~ Dun take to heart~ =)
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by amerimacka 29th September 2009, 7:36 pm

kapitan wrote:U signed on the dotted line without knowing what you signing for???

Laughing Laughing
amerimacka
amerimacka

Back to top Go down

Post by leon76 29th September 2009, 10:19 pm

Terrier wrote:that doesnt bothered me.. firstly i feel very irritated if nv put on seat belt yet keep beeping..

so my current state suits me alot =)

The important pt here is i want to clarify whether is it normal before i call up my SE, so seems its more or less is like that for forte. But logically if the warning light doesn't flash or beep when the belt is not fasten, it's either mul-functioning or the design doesn't make sense

leon76

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 29th September 2009, 10:23 pm

I also tht i was suffering the same problem. Is only when i spoke to some owners, is the same.

Guess the design does not make any sense I guess?
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by amerimacka 29th September 2009, 11:32 pm

karabi wrote:I also tht i was suffering the same problem. Is only when i spoke to some owners, is the same.

Guess the design does not make any sense I guess?

That's how the car is built. pig pig pig
amerimacka
amerimacka

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 30th September 2009, 12:30 am

leon76 wrote:Hi all I just collected my car last Fri, very happy with the car, I like the blue tooth hp kit the most, really useful seat belt warning light not working Icon_biggrin

According to the manual, there are Type A, B, C warning.

Anyway, I couldn't care less for the warning, what I need is my drill when I get into the car, the seat belt fastening is part of the process before moving the car. Hearing the chime chime sound is not part of the drill. Electronics can fail.....but if our common sense fail...hmm...

The only warning I need is whether the seatbelt is working....if it is not when we need it the most, then we are really in trouble.

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by shawnseah82 30th September 2009, 1:07 am

karabi wrote:His is SX ma.

For EX i not sure le.

oh who is that pretty SE?
shawnseah82
shawnseah82

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 30th September 2009, 1:16 am

shawnseah82 wrote:
karabi wrote:His is SX ma.

For EX i not sure le.

oh who is that pretty SE?

PIC Pls!!!

should start a thread... Expose your chio SE!!!
Ha ha ha! seat belt warning light not working Icon_twisted
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by zhuzhumao 30th September 2009, 1:35 am

got chio se meh.. i see the se mostly are guys leh..
zhuzhumao
zhuzhumao

Back to top Go down

Post by Zonda S 4.1 30th September 2009, 9:24 am

kapitan wrote:
Zonda S 4.1 wrote:

Thank you Kapitan for those words of wisdom. First time buy car so no experience. In fact didn't get much freebies either. Just body kit and solar film.

SE not so chio lah. Just that Forte so very Chio , I just have to sign on the dotted line. Just like I signed on my Marriage Certificate . . . seat belt warning light not working Icon_biggrin But also will not want to sign too many marriage certificate. One enough. Just like my Forte,.
Zonda S 4.1
Zonda S 4.1

Back to top Go down

Post by zhuzhumao 30th September 2009, 9:44 am

Zonda S 4.1 wrote:
kapitan wrote:
Zonda S 4.1 wrote:

Thank you Kapitan for those words of wisdom. First time buy car so no experience. In fact didn't get much freebies either. Just body kit and solar film.

SE not so chio lah. Just that Forte so very Chio , I just have to sign on the dotted line. Just like I signed on my Marriage Certificate . . . seat belt warning light not working Icon_biggrin But also will not want to sign too many marriage certificate. One enough. Just like my Forte,.

body kit and solar film is very good freebies already.. and when you talking about just ne forte is enough, i see that your mind is thinking of another car!! look at your display pic! haa..
zhuzhumao
zhuzhumao

Back to top Go down

Post by Zonda S 4.1 30th September 2009, 9:47 am

zhuzhumao wrote:
Zonda S 4.1 wrote:
kapitan wrote:
Zonda S 4.1 wrote:

body kit and solar film is very good freebies already.. and when you talking about just ne forte is enough, i see that your mind is thinking of another car!! look at your display pic! haa..

Zhu, yah Dreams and Reality hurts . . . . . . . but contented. .
Zonda S 4.1
Zonda S 4.1

Back to top Go down

Post by leon76 30th September 2009, 11:16 am

ace wrote:

According to the manual, there are Type A, B, C warning.

Anyway, I couldn't care less for the warning, what I need is my drill when I get into the car, the seat belt fastening is part of the process before moving the car. Hearing the chime chime sound is not part of the drill. Electronics can fail.....but if our common sense fail...hmm...

The only warning I need is whether the seatbelt is working....if it is not when we need it the most, then we are really in trouble.

The so call "Warning light" is designed to give u warnings, otherwise it should not exist. Ok for seat belt u can see and feel with ur eys, so for the light we can call it a reminder only. However for engine, oil, break mul-functioning, can you also see and feel it, unless u tell me u got sixth sense. The main issue here is not the belt light, but the reliability of the forte electronic system, u don't want to drive until engine forge then the engie fauty light on right? seat belt warning light not working Affraid

leon76

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 30th September 2009, 12:06 pm

leon76 wrote:.....The so call "Warning light" is designed to give u warnings, otherwise it should not exist. Ok for seat belt u can see and feel with ur eys, so for the light we can call it a reminder only. However for engine, oil, break mul-functioning, can you also see and feel it, unless u tell me u got sixth sense. The main issue here is not the belt light, but the reliability of the forte electronic system, u don't want to drive until engine forge then the engie fauty light on right? seat belt warning light not working Affraid

Haha...

Anyway, this need to be confirm, normally when you turn on the ignition, the system is supposed to go through a self check.....ABS working, check, oil level, check,.....seat belt restraint system, check...etc. Everything okay, the item's light goes off.

Anything that stays lights up means that something is wrong.

Not putting on the seat belt is not a system failure, it is a human failure in not learning through the past mistakes others have make.

Any if you have driven a car long enough, you will know if something don't feel right. The so called sixth sense.

Even expensive continental car can suffers from failure.......but the industry or engineering "expert" always use number to measure reliability....like 1 incident per 1000, 1 part per million, etc....

So if your idea is that the seat belt is not working, and based on talk with SE who mentioned that there are about 2000 forte sales so far as of Aug09 just in Singapore, than yours is 1 in 2000. Is that reliable or a failure? Or is just a once off incident?

The SDW issue is a more critical problem reported so far.

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down