Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
HID light. Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
HID light. Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
HID light. Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
HID light. Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
HID light. Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
HID light. Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
HID light. Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
HID light. Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
HID light. Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

HID light.

+10
The Blue Cruiser
jameshong
ano57
amerimacka
leon76
aural
JuanST
ace
joepele
Fransge
14 posters

Go down

HID light. Empty HID light.

Post by Fransge 30th September 2009, 10:04 am

Below is answer to HID lights, i think we can get it installed in our ride liao.

QUESTION:

Q: Why are HID headlamps/whiter headlamp bulbs allowed for use on vehicles registered in Singapore since our streets are adequately lighted?
A: LTA has allowed HID headlamps to be fitted on vehicles registered in Singapore as they meet the relevant safety standards. In addition, HID headlamps are more energy efficient and can improve the visibility of drivers as compared with standard halogen lamps.

The use of HID headlamps/whiter headlamp bulbs is a technological trend in the automotive industry. Vehicle manufacturers are likely to produce more vehicles fitted with such headlamps/headlamp bulbs in the future. It is anticipated that by the year 2010, about 1 in 2 cars manufactured in Japan and Europe would be factory-fitted with HID headlamps.

Some motorists have given LTA feedback that HID headlamps and whiter headlamp bulbs are bright and glaring. We understand the concerns raised by motorists in Singapore, as they are not accustomed to the lighting. When the automotive industry switched from yellowish tungsten lighting to whiter halogen lighting in the 1970s, many motorists also had similar feedback about the brightness and glare caused by such lamps initially. However, motorists have grown accustomed to the use of halogen lighting over time. As with other lighting systems, the HID headlamp system or whiter headlamp bulbs will not cause unwanted glare or discomfort to other road users if they are properly aligned.
Fransge
Fransge

Back to top Go down

HID light. Empty Re: HID light.

Post by joepele 30th September 2009, 10:09 am

Until they give the official ok... else... may be taking an unnecessary risk.
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 30th September 2009, 10:22 am

Fransge wrote:...... As with other lighting systems, the HID headlamp system or whiter headlamp bulbs will not cause unwanted glare or discomfort to other road users if they are properly aligned.

This is the key point.

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 30th September 2009, 10:42 am

properly aligned lights is all relative to position. if the car behind u is having the headlights on the same lvl as ur car mirrors, it would not matter if his lites are properly aligned.
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 30th September 2009, 10:44 am

JuanST wrote:properly aligned lights is all relative to position. if the car behind u is having the headlights on the same lvl as ur car mirrors, it would not matter if his lites are properly aligned.

Yupz so depends on if you are on a slope, or the expressway is totally lvl or the HID car is very far or near. Cannot imagine u look back everything also bright white. Then soon enuff, the yellows will be in trend =x
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by leon76 30th September 2009, 11:01 am

Fransge wrote:Below is answer to HID lights, i think we can get it installed in our ride liao.

QUESTION:

Q: Why are HID headlamps/whiter headlamp bulbs allowed for use on vehicles registered in Singapore since our streets are adequately lighted?
A: LTA has allowed HID headlamps to be fitted on vehicles registered in Singapore as they meet the relevant safety standards. In addition, HID headlamps are more energy efficient and can improve the visibility of drivers as compared with standard halogen lamps.

The use of HID headlamps/whiter headlamp bulbs is a technological trend in the automotive industry. Vehicle manufacturers are likely to produce more vehicles fitted with such headlamps/headlamp bulbs in the future. It is anticipated that by the year 2010, about 1 in 2 cars manufactured in Japan and Europe would be factory-fitted with HID headlamps.

Some motorists have given LTA feedback that HID headlamps and whiter headlamp bulbs are bright and glaring. We understand the concerns raised by motorists in Singapore, as they are not accustomed to the lighting. When the automotive industry switched from yellowish tungsten lighting to whiter halogen lighting in the 1970s, many motorists also had similar feedback about the brightness and glare caused by such lamps initially. However, motorists have grown accustomed to the use of halogen lighting over time. As with other lighting systems, the HID headlamp system or whiter headlamp bulbs will not cause unwanted glare or discomfort to other road users if they are properly aligned.

If i am not wrong, u can only install when ur car headlamp is fitted with projecter lens which not the case for forte

leon76

Back to top Go down

Post by Fransge 30th September 2009, 11:12 am

projecter lens where to buy?
Fransge
Fransge

Back to top Go down

Post by amerimacka 30th September 2009, 11:14 am

joepele wrote:Until they give the official ok... else... may be taking an unnecessary risk.

that's why. it looks nice but definitely glaring. Twisted Evil
amerimacka
amerimacka

Back to top Go down

Post by leon76 30th September 2009, 4:20 pm

Fransge wrote:projecter lens where to buy?

some workshop have, but i believe a projector retrofitting plus HID won't be cheap

leon76

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 30th September 2009, 9:40 pm

Wow
Fransge.. .U so excited sia...

Just something else to let u ponder about
Most of the FACTORY FITTED HID comes in their FACTORY FITTED PROJECTOR LENS with FACTORY FITTED AUTO-LEVELLING DEVICE
After marketing plug and play only has Bulb and ballast to fit ur normal free-form reflector headlights....

Maybe I can suggest u ... install liao..
Drive to LTA (@ SIM MING) ask the Personal there do the neccessary documentation and see if they give you the green light. If yes.. I'LL will be 1st in queue to retro fit.

If you dont care about LTA stuff then my whole paragraph is but B.S....
^_^
Don flame me .....No hard feelings

ps...I was the one liaising with LTA for automotive lighting paperwork previously... ^_^
Maybe got chance i can conduct a workshop/clinic to enlighten some myths about HIDs, Bulbs, LEDs, and Horns....
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by Fransge 30th September 2009, 11:06 pm

lol, bro i also trying to look for lobang for the projector lens, still nothing so far Sad
Fransge
Fransge

Back to top Go down

Post by jameshong 30th September 2009, 11:17 pm

ano57 wrote:Wow
Fransge.. .U so excited sia...

Just something else to let u ponder about
Most of the FACTORY FITTED HID comes in their FACTORY FITTED PROJECTOR LENS with FACTORY FITTED AUTO-LEVELLING DEVICE
After marketing plug and play only has Bulb and ballast to fit ur normal free-form reflector headlights....

Maybe I can suggest u ... install liao..
Drive to LTA (@ SIM MING) ask the Personal there do the neccessary documentation and see if they give you the green light. If yes.. I'LL will be 1st in queue to retro fit.

If you dont care about LTA stuff then my whole paragraph is but B.S....
^_^
Don flame me .....No hard feelings

ps...I was the one liaising with LTA for automotive lighting paperwork previously... ^_^
Maybe got chance i can conduct a workshop/clinic to enlighten some myths about HIDs, Bulbs, LEDs, and Horns....

I'm with you HID light. Icon_biggrin !
jameshong
jameshong

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 30th September 2009, 11:31 pm

end of the day, we still can't install a pair of legal HID lights. HID light. Icon_neutral
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by ReDeViL 30th September 2009, 11:51 pm

HID our fog lights then.... HID light. Icon_twisted
ReDeViL
ReDeViL

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 30th September 2009, 11:53 pm

Bottomline ... if ur balls bigger then ur brain..
Why bother my remarks....

The typical part about being Sillyporean is...
Anythink is OK until u get caught.... ^_^
Problem is CAN U AFFORD the aftermath.....
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHorse 30th September 2009, 11:57 pm

install HID lights, drive during the day w/o HID lights on

Switch on the HID lights at night while washing you car in your MSCP
BlackHorse
BlackHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 1st October 2009, 12:08 am

idea........
to blind the park cars and pp walking pass the MSCP.... Shiok right....HID light. 019
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 1st October 2009, 12:34 am

a website mentioned before about HID and halogen.

the brightness of the HID in low beam is the same as halogen low beam and halogen fog light on at the same time.
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by boardrider02 1st October 2009, 1:02 am

where can I get HID lamp?i dont like the original orangy light.
boardrider02
boardrider02

Back to top Go down

Post by Fransge 1st October 2009, 9:54 am

boardrider02 wrote:where can I get HID lamp?i dont like the original orangy light.

think Aginnovative selling @ $90 for hid, +$30 for color selection if not wrong. saw a wish with projector lens hid bulbs on the fog lamp, quite cute.
Fransge
Fransge

Back to top Go down

Post by ctoh 1st October 2009, 10:06 am

ano57 wrote:

Yeh.. I want to sign up for your workshop... can do it during the next MU?
ctoh
ctoh

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 1st October 2009, 10:40 am

i'll need a projector..... plug in laptop...
a classroom environment.....

anyone can provide?

last time cos of job...
At least got a decent Large meeting room.
Conducted clinic for Suzuki, RAV4, Lancer club....
It was pretty fun and made a lot of frens.. and met up long lost ones.. hhaha
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by leon76 1st October 2009, 12:47 pm

BTW, what bulb does forte use? H4 or H7?

leon76

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down