Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
When your low fuel light on? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
When your low fuel light on? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
When your low fuel light on? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
When your low fuel light on? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
When your low fuel light on? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
When your low fuel light on? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
When your low fuel light on? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
When your low fuel light on? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
When your low fuel light on? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

When your low fuel light on?

+4
FriesL
Aura
JuanST
momopeach
8 posters

Go down

When your low fuel light on? Empty When your low fuel light on?

Post by momopeach 8th September 2009, 10:27 am

Just wondering when you guys low feul light will be on?

for me, i think it will light when there is more than 50km balance to run as shown from the digitial meter. What are you readings?

Is the digital meter accurate? I am afraid if I continue to run when the fuel light is on, I may half way stop on the road...

momopeach

Back to top Go down

When your low fuel light on? Empty Re: When your low fuel light on?

Post by JuanST 8th September 2009, 10:52 am

be careful bro, 50 km is relative to ur previous liters/100km and ur average speed. that means 50 km can translate to 5 liters(10l/100km) or 2hours of fuel( ave 25km/hr)... what happens if
1. u get stuck in traffic for long
2. u dun have gps
3. ur not familiar with the roads (dun know where the next station)
4. very hot, so ur aircon is full blast ( 10% of petrol used)

hehehehehe.... thats why once i cross the last quarter, i start looking for the next station.
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura 8th September 2009, 11:54 am

I alway top-up only when the fuel light is on in all my previous rides. For forte, I got a fright as this is new to me that the distance to empty shows -- after a while when the lights went on. It was showing about 70KM before it went blank.

Anyhow, I still drive on and top-up the next morning travelling from Pasir Ris to Bukit Merah before topping.
Aura
Aura

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 8th September 2009, 5:32 pm

i kind of trust the meter well.. as its giving me kind of accurate result.. ill give a 10% buffer..
my fuel light on at about 70km... still i dare to travel another 50km before topping.. needle really pointing to E liao...

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura 8th September 2009, 5:42 pm

Yup, my needle was a little below E before I top-up.
Aura
Aura

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 8th September 2009, 5:52 pm

well i think the meter is auote accutrate 1 lay hmm but i dun dare try.. imagine have to push the car to petrol kiosk lolx
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura 8th September 2009, 5:56 pm

After a few rounds you will have some idea, how low or how long u can wait before top-up.
Aura
Aura

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 13th September 2009, 3:06 am

Anyone knows if the lights will change colour after lighting up.
saw my dad's old car many years back fuel light turn from orange to red and he told me then even if the lights turn orange, still can drive until red.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Clement 13th September 2009, 3:51 am

My lights turned yellow when it was about 70plus KM to empty tank....but it suddenly turned to EMPTY TANK at about 50plus. After which, it showed LOW FUEL. I can't remembed if there was a change in colour. Anyway, I managed to drive from Macpherson (near Winsor Hotel) to SPC @ Ang Mo Kio Ave to top up the fuel.
Clement
Clement

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura 14th September 2009, 10:17 am

My second tank.

Confirm still showing "distance to empty" for about 70KM and then blank off after that. But I still manage to drive rom Pasir Ris to Bukit Merah, then to Bukit Timah and then to UBI Service Center and then to East Point and then back to Pasir Ris to Top-up.
Aura
Aura

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 14th September 2009, 10:30 am

Aura wrote:My second tank.

Confirm still showing "distance to empty" for about 70KM and then blank off after that. But I still manage to drive rom Pasir Ris to Bukit Merah, then to Bukit Timah and then to UBI Service Center and then to East Point and then back to Pasir Ris to Top-up.

Hi Aura, i'm aural When your low fuel light on? Icon_biggrin

Anyway the distance sounded more than 70km already. lol. Can last so far uh.
But try not to let tanks go until that extend i heard not good for the tanks due to corrrosion in the long run. The empty tank might gather rust. Dunno how true.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura 14th September 2009, 10:50 am

aural wrote:

But try not to let tanks go until that extend i heard not good for the tanks due to corrrosion in the long run. The empty tank might gather rust. Dunno how true.

Tt's how I measure my car mileage (Full to empty). Been doing this since day 1 since 1995. Honestly, cos the car is new, my heart was beating a bit fast oso... don know will stall on the road. The UBI trip was unexpected cos the seat belt jammed.
Aura
Aura

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 14th September 2009, 10:55 am

Aura wrote:
aural wrote:

Tt's how I measure my car mileage (Full to empty). Been doing this since day 1 since 1995. Honestly, cos the car is new, my heart was beating a bit fast oso... don know will stall on the road. The UBI trip was unexpected cos the seat belt jammed.

Yah, that side traffic jam is common. Worse is the car die while stuck in jam When your low fuel light on? Icon_eek
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by BluZon 15th September 2009, 12:51 am

my experince last fri... the fuel refelling light on at 80km... then at 50km... it wont show u the amount to empty... shocked me... then quickly exit from sle to yishun to look for pump

BluZon

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 17th September 2009, 9:51 am

Aura wrote:
aural wrote:

y both ur nick look the same? lolx erm IMHO the tank will only rust if u nv top up full tank and the remaining is air. as u know over nite the air condense and condensation gives? yes moisture, hence rusting the tank.. but if u always top up full tank there is little room for air and in case ur wondering wat happen when u use up the petrol, most petrol tank are air tight if u close properly, on some cars u will notice that when u open the fuel cap a shhhhhhh sound will be heard.. hope this helps
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura 17th September 2009, 10:29 am

Divine wrote:
Aura wrote:
aural wrote:

y both ur nick look the same?

Purely coincidental When your low fuel light on? Icon_biggrin
Aura
Aura

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down