Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Warning to those with.... Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Warning to those with.... Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Warning to those with.... Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Warning to those with.... Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Warning to those with.... Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Warning to those with.... Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Warning to those with.... Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Warning to those with.... Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Warning to those with.... Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Warning to those with....

+12
samuelj
Divine
JuanST
Spiritseye
Fortec
impact2001
eduardoforte
Siaoster
Potatoes
pessimizt
NiVleK
mrX
16 posters

Go down

Warning to those with.... Empty Warning to those with....

Post by mrX 19th March 2010, 1:40 am

tampered fuel gauge...

Extracted from another forum....

*Please any brothers and sisters here got any info. What's the penalty and/or procedures when someone is being held at customs for meddling with fuel gauge? A friend of mine was just being held in lockup. Warning to those with.... Eusa_pray Warning to those with.... Eusa_pray Warning to those with.... Eusa_pray*

*do not know what will the punishment be, depending on the charge. Procedure wise, usually, he will be allowed to contact someone to bail him out from the police station. And would be informed immediately that he'll be charged in court on what date and told of the bail amount. Need to prepare the bail amount in cash so as to bail him out from court. If no one bail him out by afternoon on the charge day, he will be sent to prison till the next hearing or when soneone apply to bail him.*

*you are welcome. he might like to engage a lawyer to assist him to mitigate for lighter sentence, might be more than just fine. Have a nice talk with the IO might be able to find out the probable sentence.*

*I will. Thanks once again. Just received call to go bail him. Warning to those with.... Icon_pray Warning to those with.... Eusa_wall*

*Just collected my friend's car from customs. Bailing him now. Well brothers and sisters, please do not tamper with your fuel gauge, it's just not worth it. Even for 1st timer, $500 fine plus 2 weeks imprisonment. Warning to those with.... Eusa_wall Warning to those with.... Eusa_wall Warning to those with.... Eusa_wall*

*Wah, the penalty increase liao ah..last time i think don't have imprisonment right?*
*That's exactly what I thought too. But seem like it's really not worth it. Warning to those with.... Punish*

*No, for such offence that got to do with taxes, the sentence will be more than just fine. May be try to fight for lower imprisonment but higher fine.*

*Yah man. Hopefully can get off with a higher fine. Keeping my fingers crossed as the officer say," So what if you have money? Have money still commit crime?" Well..........quite pissed with the statement made. But how true it is. Warning to those with.... Eusa_silenced*

*Tomorrow morning is the day man. Warning to those with.... Eusa_pray Warning to those with.... Eusa_pray Warning to those with.... Eusa_pray*

*really have to think whether to remove the it anot......*
*remind your friend to prepare the bail amount in cash (don't accept cheque) and pass it to someone that will be at the court.*

*Pray that he will be slap with a small fine instead ...*

*Certainly hope so. With a wife and a 1 over year old son................damn................. Warning to those with.... Eusa_wall Warning to those with.... Eusa_pray*

*Calling out to all fellow brothers and sisters driving or just passengers. Do let your friends know. PLEASE DO NOT TAMPER WITH YOUR FUEL GAUGE. WHAT YOU SAVE ON FUEL IS SIMPLY NOT WORTH THE TIME IN THE PRISON. IT'S CONFIRMED!!! First timer pleaded guilty, cried real hard, begged for leniency, no criminal records, the judge just give you that 'SO???' look and sentence. FINE $500 & 2 WEEKS IMPRISONMENT. Warning to those with.... Eusa_wall Warning to those with.... Eusa_wall Warning to those with.... Eusa_wall

To think of it calmly, as a friend to the victim, we felt it's too harsh. If we don't know the victim, then we might feel that it's consider cheating. How can just get off with a fine? Especially now that MY is implementing new measures, SG just have to show them that we are able to take care of our own people.*

*ok time to remove it than hahaha*

*Certainly not worth. Warning to those with.... Eusa_naughty Warning to those with.... Eusa_naughty But then come to think of it, if no such implementation, nobody will scare. Warning to those with.... Eusa_wall Warning to those with.... Eusa_wall*

*YES PLEASE PEOPLE, REMOVE THOSE GADGETS. Was told even if your fuel is sufficient and during routine check and they just happen to choose you, you will still get penalised. Warning to those with.... Eusa_pray Warning to those with.... Eusa_pray Warning to those with.... Eusa_pray*

*Bro, thanks for your info... Warning to those with.... Eusa_pray*

*No worries bro. It's very saddening to see friends kena for uncalled for mistakes. Warning to those with.... Eusa_pray*

mrX

Back to top Go down

Warning to those with.... Empty Re: Warning to those with....

Post by NiVleK 19th March 2010, 7:42 am

This is not the first time and the last time that I will see such postings.

No feel for those.

People that tamper the gauges deserves to be penalized. Period.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 19th March 2010, 8:13 am

Its as good as cheating........
But what those people that doesnt have 3/4 tank fuel and enter ?
fine $500 only ? Or plus 2weeks 'vacation'..... Warning to those with.... Icon_rolleyes
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 19th March 2010, 5:13 pm

I remember what I learn during my NS days.... "U can do anything ... but don't get caught"

See what happen to Jack Neo.....
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 19th March 2010, 5:58 pm

Potatoes wrote:I remember what I learn during my NS days.... "U can do anything ... but don't get caught"

he got caught ahahaah
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 19th March 2010, 7:54 pm

Siaoster wrote:
Potatoes wrote:I remember what I learn during my NS days.... "U can do anything ... but don't get caught"

he got caught ahahaah

Got caught big time......... Warning to those with.... Icon_evil
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by eduardoforte 19th March 2010, 9:28 pm

pessimizt wrote:
Siaoster wrote:

he got caught ahahaah

Got caught big time......... Warning to those with.... Icon_evil
lol!

eduardoforte

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 19th March 2010, 11:22 pm

Well, you won't be surprised at all... nowadays there a lot of such gadgets and its getting sophiscated... it can be one infrared remote control button to activate the fuel guage...

Not worth it.. how much u can save?
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 19th March 2010, 11:59 pm

Can afford buy car but come to petrol need to........sigh.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritseye 21st March 2010, 11:42 pm

Fortec wrote:Can afford buy car but come to petrol need to........sigh.

ya lor...
Spiritseye
Spiritseye

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 22nd March 2010, 8:21 am

i think my previous car was tampered.... factory tampered....
i notice that the first 150km uses the first quarter, the next 200km
uses the remaining 3 quarters of petrol..... Warning to those with.... Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 22nd March 2010, 8:31 am

JuanST wrote:i think my previous car was tampered.... factory tampered....
uses the remaining 3 quarters of petrol..... Warning to those with.... Icon_smile

bro if u notice ur car petrol tank is wider on the top half and the bottom half is narrower this contribute to the 150km first quater and the 200km 3 quater =) same for our forte only less obvious due to the tank design.. u notice that u can travel about 100plus before u hit the second mark from full.. then after half tank then needle just falls faster..
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by samuelj 22nd March 2010, 9:29 am

I have same sentiments with such people.... No different from OPC owners who drive w/o paying in the weekdays morning to afternoon hours.... They deserve a harsh fine.

samuelj

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 22nd March 2010, 11:12 am

This one small case la....worst is ppl dun want to put 50c for coupon.... lol
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 22nd March 2010, 11:18 am

NiVleK wrote:

This one small case la....worst is ppl dun want to put 50c for coupon.... lol

Parking fines are so much lighter compared to tempering fuel gauge.
But i got a friend who cheated parking coupon (never fully tear) and got caught.
Ended up i think also heavy fine (a few hundred i think) + go court some more. Warning to those with.... Icon_eek
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 22nd March 2010, 12:24 pm

datz why SG is a beary 'fine' city.. ** innocent grinz **
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 22nd March 2010, 1:21 pm

Divine wrote:
JuanST wrote:i think my previous car was tampered.... factory tampered....

bro if u notice ur car petrol tank is wider on the top half and the bottom half is narrower this contribute to the 150km first quater and the 200km 3 quater =) same for our forte only less obvious due to the tank design.. u notice that u can travel about 100plus before u hit the second mark from full.. then after half tank then needle just falls faster..

i can go 400km between full and half tank

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by gobal100 22nd March 2010, 1:24 pm

you don't fine or give jail term. ppl think is ok. i always said kill 1 to warn the rest. if they dare to do. harsher on the next person see who is the third person. if there is no law and order how we control the people.

gobal100

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Beauty 22nd March 2010, 6:17 pm

Latest News: http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/Story/A1Story20100322-206053.html

THREE men were arrested for tampering with the fuel gauges of their cars - all within an hour - on March 10.

Two days earlier, another man was arrested for the same offence. Zhang Jin Chua, a driving instructor, was going through the Woodlands Checkpoint when he was stopped by immigration officers.

It was ten minutes to midnight. Presumably he thought he could have gotten away in the wee hours of the morning when the authorities would be less alert. Zhang, along with Tan Chong Jin James, Yap Soon Heng and Lee Hwa , were charged in court with not having the minimum amount of petrol in their vehicles' fuel tanks. They were also charged with giving false information to the authorities.

All have been sentenced to a $500 fine or in default, one week's jail and two weeks' imprisonment. Yap's case is still pending in court. Since January 2010, 17 persons have been prosecuted for tampering with fuel gauges on their vehicles.

Under the law, Singapore-registered cars must have at least three-quarter tank of petrol when departing Singapore. Motorists are advised against any attempts to infringe the rule when given the stringent checks at the checkpoints.

Those who tamper with the fuel gauges of their vehicles to give a false reading that the amount of fuel in the fuel tanks are three-quarter full or more illustrate a deliberate intent to cheat the authorities. Such offenders are liable on conviction to fines not exceeding $5,000 and/or jail term up to 12 months.
Black Beauty
Black Beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down