Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
A few questions Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
A few questions Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
A few questions Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
A few questions Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
A few questions Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
A few questions Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
A few questions Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
A few questions Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
A few questions Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

A few questions

+11
whitechoco
ace
psionix
SoBeR
FriesL
NiVleK
chernobyl
jenny
melburn
joepele
Mac
15 posters

Go down

A few questions Empty A few questions

Post by Mac 23rd October 2009, 5:35 pm

Hi all, just joined this forum.

Couple of questions on the Koup

1. I seem to remember I read somewhere that the Koup (and Forte sedan) will be coming with 5-speed auto transmission next year, anyone else know anything about this?

2. Are there any difference in buying from Fulco (Ubi) vs buying direct from C&C in terms of waiting time?

3. Anyone know who did the GPS retrofitting in the Koup? I prefer to use Garmin GPS due to the availability of the map, just wondering who did the local install for them so that can go talk to the shop to retrofit Garmin instead.

Test drove the 2.0A today, like the car very much and now seriously considering buying it.

About the only complain I have of my driving experience is the auto transmission, since it is 4-speed and not matching well to speed/rev, at times it can be sluggish. I think a better 5-speed auto would be much better.

The steering is very nicely weighted, 2.0 has nice torque band and it rides firm (those used to soft sedan suspension might not like it). Due to short test drive route, hard to judge on handling but overall I think no complain to use the Koup on Singapore road. Ride quality for most time is more important. As long as the 2.0 engine makes the car nimble, it is an acceptable combi.
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

A few questions Empty Re: A few questions

Post by Mac 23rd October 2009, 5:43 pm

Found something on the internet.

The Koup’s mechanicals, however, are nearly unchanged except that it
drops the base LX trim, as well as the available EX fuel-economy model.
EX Koups get a 156-hp, 2.0-liter four paired with either a four-speed
automatic or a five-speed manual.

Article here: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/09q3/2010_kia_forte_koup-first_drive_review

So, there is a 5-speed auto already, wonder by C&C don't want to bring in.
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 23rd October 2009, 6:12 pm

Mac wrote:Found something on the internet.

Article here: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/09q3/2010_kia_forte_koup-first_drive_review

Clear stock
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by melburn 23rd October 2009, 6:47 pm

Mac wrote:Found something on the internet.

I tot it mention 4 speed auto or 5 speed manual?
Did i see wrongly?

A few questions Icon_eek
melburn
melburn

Back to top Go down

Post by jenny 23rd October 2009, 6:57 pm

5 speed auto for koup..?

Don't think so..
jenny
jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac 23rd October 2009, 7:56 pm

melburn wrote:I tot it mention 4 speed auto or 5 speed manual?
Did i see wrongly?

A few questions Icon_eek

You are right, I see wrongly. Sorry !!
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by chernobyl 23rd October 2009, 7:58 pm

i think the 5 speed auto is only used for the 2.4l koup. local version only have 1.6l and 2.0l
chernobyl
chernobyl

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 23rd October 2009, 8:32 pm

the 2.4l koup is only available in the US market I believe...
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 23rd October 2009, 8:53 pm

some review mentioned that no 5 speed auto cos GB only available for LHD.. its the design facing.. so we cannot have that yet.. wonder when will KIA develop one for RHD!.

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by SoBeR 24th October 2009, 3:33 pm

Mac wrote:Hi all, just joined this forum.

1. I seem to remember I read somewhere that the Koup (and Forte sedan) will be coming with 5-speed auto transmission next year, anyone else know anything about this?

2. Are there any difference in buying from Fulco (Ubi) vs buying direct from C&C in terms of waiting time?

3. Anyone know who did the GPS retrofitting in the Koup? I prefer to use Garmin GPS due to the availability of the map, just wondering who did the local install for them so that can go talk to the shop to retrofit Garmin instead.

Test drove the 2.0A today, like the car very much and now seriously considering buying it.

About the only complain I have of my driving experience is the auto transmission, since it is 4-speed and not matching well to speed/rev, at times it can be sluggish. I think a better 5-speed auto would be much better.

The steering is very nicely weighted, 2.0 has nice torque band and it rides firm (those used to soft sedan suspension might not like it). Due to short test drive route, hard to judge on handling but overall I think no complain to use the Koup on Singapore road. Ride quality for most time is more important. As long as the 2.0 engine makes the car nimble, it is an acceptable combi.

Hey mac, I will try to help:

1) I read about the 5 speed auto gear box too. Its on plan, the gearbox is not out yet and even if its out, not sure if C&C will actually bring it into SG. Turbo charger also on Plan.

2) I'm not sure about the waiting time, but I got mine from Fulco (Ubi), I suspect Fulco will have a bunch of stock that is reserved for them from C&C (business-to-business agreement?). For me, the buying experience is actually more important (or course it would be good to get the car early!). I find the sales there aren't as pushy or impatient with customers. My experience at Leng Kee is quite bad so I hop over to Fulco. My purchasing experience at Fulco is pretty good. Maybe I know one of the SE there, she takes pretty good care of me.

3) From my understanding (from SE), the integrated GPS/Reverse camera is fitted locally by the C&C guys at Pandan and donno what brand the GPS is using. Are you looking at the integrated GPS thingy but wanted to connect to a Garmin?
SoBeR
SoBeR

Back to top Go down

Post by psionix 24th October 2009, 8:43 pm

SoBeR wrote:
Mac wrote:Hi all, just joined this forum.

Hey mac, I will try to help:

1) I read about the 5 speed auto gear box too. Its on plan, the gearbox is not out yet and even if its out, not sure if C&C will actually bring it into SG. Turbo charger also on Plan.

2) I'm not sure about the waiting time, but I got mine from Fulco (Ubi), I suspect Fulco will have a bunch of stock that is reserved for them from C&C (business-to-business agreement?). For me, the buying experience is actually more important (or course it would be good to get the car early!). I find the sales there aren't as pushy or impatient with customers. My experience at Leng Kee is quite bad so I hop over to Fulco. My purchasing experience at Fulco is pretty good. Maybe I know one of the SE there, she takes pretty good care of me.

3) From my understanding (from SE), the integrated GPS/Reverse camera is fitted locally by the C&C guys at Pandan and donno what brand the GPS is using. Are you looking at the integrated GPS thingy but wanted to connect to a Garmin?

I could be wrong, I read that 5 speed AT is already available. Turbo charging was only during concept stage. Higher management said that FI will not be a probable outcome.

Actually I would just buy a Garmin 700 series and hard wire it to the car while concealing as much wiring as possible. This way I get to keep the dash intact while having the GPS's functions (like bluetooth) ^ . ^

psionix

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 24th October 2009, 8:48 pm

Yeah. I will also probably get a Garmin and conceal the wires.. dun want the wires to be running around spoiling the whole look.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by SoBeR 24th October 2009, 11:57 pm

Wondering if anyone considering using a Mobile for GPS needs instead of another stand-alone device?
SoBeR
SoBeR

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 25th October 2009, 12:02 am

Well, I used my previous Samsung Omnia, HTC Touch HD for GPS.

But now that I am using Iphone 3GS and that pretty much all PAID GPS software I tried sucks, I will get a decent sized BIG screen GPS device instead.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac 25th October 2009, 10:04 am

SoBeR wrote:Hey mac, I will try to help:

Thanks for the reply.

As for (3), I am referring to buying one of those Garmin Nuvi unit and hook up to the car. Most of the people would either use a suction on windscreen or have it mounted on their aircon vents. I like the look of the Koup with "double-hump" where the GPS screen could be embedded into the hump. It makes it looks really OEM.

I've asked around further and was told that the GPS in Forte sedan and Koup is actually fitted by Tye Electronics. I am not sure how accurate the info is.

Still agonizing over whether to buy or not. If I wait till next week, price increase by 1K for the 2.0L.

Anyone has asked about the OMV for both 1.6L and 2.0L?
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac 25th October 2009, 8:13 pm

Thanks for all the info here. I've booked the Koup today A few questions Icon_biggrin
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 25th October 2009, 8:17 pm

Mac wrote:....Anyone has asked about the OMV for both 1.6L and 2.0L?

For this one....go to here:

http://app.lta.gov.sg/motoring_vo_omv.asp

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by SoBeR 25th October 2009, 8:18 pm

Mac wrote:Thanks for all the info here. I've booked the Koup today A few questions Icon_biggrin
Congrats and Welcome to the Club! Wink thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
SoBeR
SoBeR

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 25th October 2009, 8:22 pm

Welcome to the club. So what is your estimateed delivery date?
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 25th October 2009, 8:23 pm

Mac wrote:Thanks for all the info here. I've booked the Koup today A few questions Icon_biggrin

Welcome to the club too Mac! A few questions Icon_biggrin
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac 25th October 2009, 9:05 pm

NiVleK wrote:Welcome to the club. So what is your estimateed delivery date?

In the sales agreement, it says Feb 2010/March 2010.

Going to be a long wait.
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 25th October 2009, 9:06 pm

Its ok...I am also around that date.... Very Happy
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 25th October 2009, 10:07 pm

wa how come? when did u book? thot u book ard same time as me..and i was told january.
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 25th October 2009, 10:16 pm

MY SE Kia Si. He say C&C told him around DEC 09 but he dun think so and so he put FEB in my sales agreement.

To me, that time still ok la...since I got a car to drive now, I just want the new car to come before CNY.

Besides, I going for a long holiday from Christmas onwards...so getting the car earlier is pointless since I will be leaving it to park for more than a week... Very Happy
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by joA 25th October 2009, 10:56 pm

Mac wrote:
NiVleK wrote:Welcome to the club. So what is your estimateed delivery date?

In the sales agreement, it says Feb 2010/March 2010.

Going to be a long wait.

Welcome to the Klub Mac! wad cc and color did u book? i assume u got it from CnC?
joA
joA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac 26th October 2009, 10:37 am

joA wrote:Welcome to the Klub Mac! wad cc and color did u book? i assume u got it from CnC?

Thanks. It's a White with red leather and 2.0A. I got it from Fulco.
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 26th October 2009, 11:56 am

Mac wrote:
joA wrote:Welcome to the Klub Mac! wad cc and color did u book? i assume u got it from CnC?

Thanks. It's a White with red leather and 2.0A. I got it from Fulco.
another white with red leather A few questions 332362
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 26th October 2009, 9:26 pm

Good.... white white white.....everyday just dreaming of white KOUP...
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by viper007 26th October 2009, 10:01 pm

SoBeR wrote:Wondering if anyone considering using a Mobile for GPS needs instead of another stand-alone device?

i am using my mobile as the gps Razz
viper007
viper007

Back to top Go down

Post by shawnseah82 29th October 2009, 8:28 pm

Hi guys, I am going to collect my car tomorrow morning mind still black after collecting dun know what item eg brake down sign i remember i saw a link but could't find anyone know the link?
shawnseah82
shawnseah82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down