Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
"New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
"New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
"New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
"New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
"New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
"New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
"New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
"New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
"New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

"New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions

+13
redkoup
Corgel
daleo
GnoMisH
unlimitedz
aryanz82
The Blue Cruiser
Nolicense2
Fortec
forte3737
Dummyhalf
jeRrRKKKK
Genesis33
17 posters

Go down

"New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions Empty "New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions

Post by Genesis33 11th November 2009, 12:45 pm

Hi, all Forumers.. Smile i am new here.. and i am currently looking at the Koup. 1.6M.

wanted to get 2.0M but afraid the FC would be bad..
nv own a korean car b4.. current ride is a Manual Sunny. 4 yrs old with regular servicing.. (not a single problem yet)
so wondering how u guys rate ur Cars? as in make and built.. worth buying? could it last 5 yrs at least? ETc..
thanks..

another question. 5 yr unlimited warrenty. which does not cover wear and tear.. hmm.. izzit worth it?
and the 3 years free servicing? gd ???

Test drive the 1.6A koup.. nice drive feel.. but seems a bit underpowered. (dunno got 1.6M to test drive anot. at Leng kee)

Racing red.. looks nice .. but haven seen real thing b4.. hmmmm. what color to choose man. ahhaha
waiting time for delivery so long.. feb march.... lolz

Genesis33

Back to top Go down

"New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions Empty Re: "New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions

Post by jeRrRKKKK 11th November 2009, 1:34 pm

one of the reasons why i chose the 1.6 koup instead of the lancer ex 1.5 is becos of better fuel economy

the koup is 6.5L/100km while the lancer is 6.6 although the lancer has a 1.5L engine
btw the 1.6L cruze is 8.3 if i'm not wrong
also i've saw kia advertisements in china where they are pushing the koup's great fuel economy so i don't think that the fuel economy is bad, infact it should be able to match or beat the civic which was the car i originally wanted to get in the 1st place

for reliability it is very hard to say because kia seems to have had a major shift from their older designs, the forte and koup look nothing like the rio and the picanto... but as more and more people purchase forte and koup, repair centers and workshops will follow suit and stock up on spare parts thus repairs would be cheaper

btw, automatic cars will always be underpowered; to save fuel the car will always try to select a higher gear...
try the manual instead

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

"New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions Empty Re: "New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions

Post by Dummyhalf 12th November 2009, 6:58 pm

Leng Kee have 1.6M to test drive. i did that during the launch.

Abit draggy on 1st to 2nd gear. But all smooth after 3rd onwards.

Dun expect it to behave like a real sports coupe because it is not.

You have to test it yourself to feel the car. Overall it got the looks and performance wise is just ok i think. If you want more then juice for its engine i think can be done with aftermarket mods and products.. hahaha that will be very poisonous to our pockets... "New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions Affraid
Dummyhalf
Dummyhalf

Back to top Go down

Post by Genesis33 12th November 2009, 10:21 pm

thanks jerk and dummyhalf for ur replies..

icic shall go test the 1.6M. at leng kee...

Genesis33

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 12th November 2009, 10:39 pm

Genesis33 wrote:thanks jerk and dummyhalf for ur replies..

icic shall go test the 1.6M. at leng kee...

try to go down on weekdays, where there is not much crowd. ask the SE to take you on a longer test drive.

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 12th November 2009, 11:07 pm

Genesis33 wrote:Hi, all Forumers.. Smile i am new here.. and i am currently looking at the Koup. 1.6M.

wanted to get 2.0M but afraid the FC would be bad..
nv own a korean car b4.. current ride is a Manual Sunny. 4 yrs old with regular servicing.. (not a single problem yet)
so wondering how u guys rate ur Cars? as in make and built.. worth buying? could it last 5 yrs at least? ETc..
thanks..

another question. 5 yr unlimited warrenty. which does not cover wear and tear.. hmm.. izzit worth it?
and the 3 years free servicing? gd ???

Test drive the 1.6A koup.. nice drive feel.. but seems a bit underpowered. (dunno got 1.6M to test drive anot. at Leng kee)

Racing red.. looks nice .. but haven seen real thing b4.. hmmmm. what color to choose man. ahhaha
waiting time for delivery so long.. feb march.... lolz

If u gonna spent a nice sum of money on a sporty looking car coz U like it sporty....why worry about FC???????
Whether the car can last 5years??? Hmmm....maybe u want to ask again 4years later?
I am amazed that with all the high tech gadgets people buy and upgrade periodically, no one seem to realize all they need to do is used them and call the car centers that will have a definite answer. Somehow, forum is the best place to seek answers when everyone who answer have their version of absolute correct model answer.
Next time, pm me when you choose what color underwear, tie, socks and shoes you want to buy. I don't know what your taste is, nor do I know your personality but since you ask...I'll choose the colors that I like for you.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Genesis33 12th November 2009, 11:12 pm

whaahah unfriendly leh u. tats y ur avatar litat. lolz

well what color should i wear man.. lolz!!!

Genesis33

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 12th November 2009, 11:30 pm

Genesis33 wrote:whaahah unfriendly leh u. tats y ur avatar litat. lolz

well what color should i wear man.. lolz!!!

I very d friendly one lah. Just can't pass on an opportunity to dig. Take it with a pinch of salt k bro? Welcome to the forum, enjoy ur stay and have fun with ur new car.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Genesis33 12th November 2009, 11:33 pm

lolz.. i can take alot of salt one.. no worries.. lolzz
whahah haven buy leh.. delivery so long.. no pt buying now... Smile

will see how..

Genesis33

Back to top Go down

Post by Nolicense2 5th December 2009, 7:14 pm

Go for 1.6 Koup..... "New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions 332362
Nolicense2
Nolicense2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 5th December 2009, 7:57 pm

believe it or not, 2.0 has better FC than 1.6. the higher the horsepower, the better the FC. this is because with higher power, you put a lighter pressure on the throttle to move the car. if you travel more on highway, the 2.0 will resultant on lower rpm (lower FC).
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Nolicense2 5th December 2009, 9:20 pm

The White Cruiser wrote:believe it or not, 2.0 has better FC than 1.6. the higher the horsepower, the better the FC. this is because with higher power, you put a lighter pressure on the throttle to move the car. if you travel more on highway, the 2.0 will resultant on lower rpm (lower FC).

Ya ur right...... "New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions 332362
But 2ltr for traffic light to traffic light, than petrol CS is bad......
Nolicense2
Nolicense2

Back to top Go down

Post by aryanz82 16th December 2009, 2:01 am

I believe when you talk abt practical cars it will come down to 3 things.

1) cost low
2) FC low
3) Chio ness high (must drive for years lei...like having wife like dat, so muz chio)

Koup 1.6 meet all these factors. The only diff is whether u want it auto or manual. Power wise according to spec is the same. just diff in gear ratios and fc. personally, manual gives me the racer feel...but I want to 'sayang' my koup and not let it have the same fate as my old kia rio... Smile

Btw i walked in one sunday, morning went for the 1.6A test drive and signed. The car is amazing as it is....just the wait lah...so long (mar/apr)..cannot tahan.
aryanz82
aryanz82

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 17th December 2009, 12:43 am

i find the first 2gears too short............ "New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions Icon_neutral
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by aryanz82 17th December 2009, 1:10 am

what do you mean by too short? as in the rpm reaches red faster?
aryanz82
aryanz82

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 17th December 2009, 1:14 am

for me = yes...
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 17th December 2009, 9:31 am

perhaps can try starting the car at gear #2 instead of gear #1 if it is really that short

have never test driven a manual 1.6 before though...

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 17th December 2009, 1:14 pm

jeRrRKKKK wrote:perhaps can try starting the car at gear #2 instead of gear #1 if it is really that short

moving off from 2nd gear is for vans/lorries only

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by GnoMisH 17th December 2009, 1:18 pm

cool... more and more people downgrading from jap makes to korean "New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions Icon_cheers
GnoMisH
GnoMisH

Back to top Go down

Post by daleo 17th December 2009, 1:42 pm

GnoMisH wrote:cool... more and more people downgrading from jap makes to korean "New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions Icon_cheers

I dun take it as a downgrade.

But i rather feel that korean cars are "upping" their status to be on level terms with the Japanese. Thou Korean cars will still take some time to catch up with the Japanese Technology, but the Koreans have come a long way from the older days of Hyundai's Atos, Accent, Elantra and Kia's Rio and Spectra to today's current models.
daleo
daleo

Back to top Go down

Post by Corgel 17th December 2009, 1:57 pm

downgrading? i've never seen a jap car offer so much electronics at this price before...
Corgel
Corgel

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 17th December 2009, 4:24 pm

start gear 2 boleh ta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions Kopfschuettel
jeRrRKKKK wrote:perhaps can try starting the car at gear #2 instead of gear #1 if it is really that short

unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by redkoup 17th December 2009, 9:52 pm

'downgrade' compared to which 1.6L jap car?
redkoup
redkoup

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 17th December 2009, 9:56 pm

let it go guys.... i believe it is unintentional and unfortunate slip of the tongue....shall we move on? "New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 17th December 2009, 11:03 pm

it is true that korean cars are now better than the japs in terms of everything, maybe except for quality workmanship. "New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions Icon_smile

shall we compare it to the european models (eg. auid, bmw, benz) with the exception of peugeot, fiat, opel, and renault, these outdated technologies? "New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions Icon_biggrin
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Dummyhalf 17th December 2009, 11:30 pm

The Blue Cruiser wrote:it is true that korean cars are now better than the japs in terms of everything, maybe except for quality workmanship. "New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions Icon_smile

shall we compare it to the european models (eg. auid, bmw, benz) with the exception of peugeot, fiat, opel, and renault, these outdated technologies? "New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions Icon_biggrin

like my boss say must "apple to apple" comparison hor.. than got fair competition... What a Face
Dummyhalf
Dummyhalf

Back to top Go down

Post by aryanz82 17th December 2009, 11:39 pm

bottom line is......tnks to that AUDI guy, Kia is the most practical and chio-est car to date.

No need to buy Audi to own a nice car. its like choosing between a $200 nike shoe and a $50 puma for the sake of walking arnd. If you want to use it for running, then you choose the nike...then again...you walk more than you run... get it? Very Happy
aryanz82
aryanz82

Back to top Go down

Post by daleo 18th December 2009, 12:08 am

aryanz82 wrote:bottom line is......tnks to that AUDI guy, Kia is the most practical and chio-est car to date.

No need to buy Audi to own a nice car. its like choosing between a $200 nike shoe and a $50 puma for the sake of walking arnd. If you want to use it for running, then you choose the nike...then again...you walk more than you run... get it? "New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions Icon_biggrin

Well said. If you have a deep pocket and dun mind paying for the nike just to walk around. By all means!

Its your $$, you spend the way you like it. "New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions 332362
daleo
daleo

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 18th December 2009, 7:19 am

if just walking... 10$ slippers from market oso can.... "New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions Icon_razz
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 18th December 2009, 1:14 pm

aryanz82 wrote:bottom line is......tnks to that AUDI guy, Kia is the most practical and chio-est car to date.

No need to buy Audi to own a nice car. its like choosing between a $200 nike shoe and a $50 puma for the sake of walking arnd. If you want to use it for running, then you choose the nike...then again...you walk more than you run... get it? Very Happy

that because you still cannot afford an AUDI.

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 18th December 2009, 2:51 pm

when u can afford an AUDI, maybe u would want a lambo or ferrari?
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 18th December 2009, 2:52 pm

dont think from jap car to korean car is downgrade.

from a 2.0l to 1.6l then is downgrade.

will u guys consider getting a samsung LCD TV a downgrade from a sony CRT?
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 18th December 2009, 2:57 pm

I cant believe people are still being fickle minded over the Koup, I mean come on, look at it, the price. If I hadn't got my forte I would have snapped it up already.
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 18th December 2009, 3:53 pm

dun bother ah...... one may be able to afford puma or nike or whatever brand there is..... but if one likes to wear slippers.... so what....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by daleo 18th December 2009, 5:52 pm

I "song" can already. Hack care what other people think. "New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions Icon_twisted
daleo
daleo

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 18th December 2009, 8:54 pm

that's right, so many car forums ard got pple like to condemn korean cars, but as long as ownself happy who cares. Somehow they like to link type of car to status though.

Just don't act smart compare your car to sports car or defend it blindly and embarass the rest. You know, pple out there like to use one bamboo and rock the whole boat.
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 18th December 2009, 9:27 pm

hahha.. shld have exchange wif bro farhan.... he bought koup initially but change forte.... "New" koup Owner. maybe... Questions Kopfschuettel
longbow wrote:I cant believe people are still being fickle minded over the Koup, I mean come on, look at it, the price. If I hadn't got my forte I would have snapped it up already.
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by aryanz82 19th December 2009, 1:45 am

forte3737 wrote:

that because you still cannot afford an AUDI.

Thats needless to say...... If I can afford one, Id get the R8, saw one recently....damn shiok....and im sure he isnt driving his dads car....cos if he is...he must have the coolest 90+ year old father ever..hahaha.
aryanz82
aryanz82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down