Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Beware of this so-called "advertisement & surveying company"! Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Beware of this so-called "advertisement & surveying company"! Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Beware of this so-called "advertisement & surveying company"! Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Beware of this so-called "advertisement & surveying company"! Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Beware of this so-called "advertisement & surveying company"! Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Beware of this so-called "advertisement & surveying company"! Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Beware of this so-called "advertisement & surveying company"! Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Beware of this so-called "advertisement & surveying company"! Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Beware of this so-called "advertisement & surveying company"! Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Beware of this so-called "advertisement & surveying company"!

+5
lukester
aural
JuanST
NiVleK
The Blue Cruiser
9 posters

Go down

Beware of this so-called "advertisement & surveying company"! Empty Beware of this so-called "advertisement & surveying company"!

Post by The Blue Cruiser 12th November 2009, 1:00 pm

this trickster with an indian accent (not sure is one trickster or many of them in operation) will telephone his victims by randomly pressing on local dial numbers. the unlucky one (like me) will receive a call from him.

he claims to be working for a local "advertisement & surveying" company and wishes to ask you some questions and then proceed to get your personal data. he won't reveal anything about his company profile. fortunately, before he is able to do so, I already sensed something amiss. i exposed his true colours on the phone line and that agitated him. he gave me a rude reply, "ok ok, nvm, go F yourself!" and slammed the phone.

so people, beware of this trickster!
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Beware of this so-called "advertisement & surveying company"! Empty Re: Beware of this so-called "advertisement & surveying company"!

Post by NiVleK 12th November 2009, 1:01 pm

What is his number?

Private?
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Beware of this so-called "advertisement & surveying company"! Empty Re: Beware of this so-called "advertisement & surveying company"!

Post by The Blue Cruiser 12th November 2009, 1:03 pm

NiVleK wrote:What is his number?

Private?

nope. a public number. 656... something.
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 12th November 2009, 1:05 pm

Could expose his number here if you still have the call history. Very Happy
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 12th November 2009, 1:09 pm

NiVleK wrote:Could expose his number here if you still have the call history. Very Happy

that bugger's number: 65384374
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 12th November 2009, 1:14 pm

Cool. Add into my blacklist. Very Happy
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 12th November 2009, 1:16 pm

called it.... no one answered....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 12th November 2009, 1:18 pm

Wah. You take one step further. LOL
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 12th November 2009, 1:19 pm

easy leh.... just say i got missed call from this number.... then say who are u?... where u got my phone? and make noise.... lol
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 12th November 2009, 1:22 pm

JuanST wrote:easy leh.... just say i got missed call from this number.... then say who are u?... where u got my phone? and make noise.... lol

Should have some place we can give this number to stating this person makes calls and was rude and asking person info. Maybe might even make it to crime watch. Laughing
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 12th November 2009, 1:23 pm

ermm, the white cruiser, u can call the police to lodge report.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 12th November 2009, 2:10 pm

let him be. i foresee that he will fail in his motive. first, he is a man; lacking of sexual attraction. second, unlike those sweet ladies from china, he doesn't have a sweet voice. he can't seduce too many victims with that speaking style. Beware of this so-called "advertisement & surveying company"! Icon_razz

some more... he is using public number... that is as easy as catching a roach.
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 12th November 2009, 2:11 pm

I have a similar experience. :-)

I am a customer of Standard Chartered. A guy called me up saying they are from the Standard Chartered and PRudential linked services offering insurance. Told me they have this plan that is very good. Prior to my questions, he only said that for a certain some of money every year, for the next 10 years, I will get 20 years of coverage. And at the end of the 20 years, I will get back my full amount.

Little does he know I did take up the course on insurance before, and in fact, with Prudential. I was a little suspicious, and that moment I was having a smoke and had some time, so I questioned him. In fact, I asked him more about the policy then he mentioned to me. A few points below.

1) Pay for 10 years, covered for 20 years. (very few insurance companies will offer this.

2) When asked, he said that there is also Permanent Disability. He never mentioned this before. He mentioned about the losing one limb and one arm kinda thing but not so much in detail. Then he said that if claim, can get back whatever premiums I have paid too. (I dun think insurance companies pay back whatever premiums you have paid on top of the insured amount.)

3) The Life Plan same as the Permanent Disability. Pay back whatever premiums paid.

Then I told him I have many friends in Prudential and Standard Chartered. Why should I get from him and not from my friends?? He said cant. Very fast. He said cos the service he offers is hassle free. No need go medical checkup, everything can be done on the phone. So I told him to call me back cos I had something to do.

Then I called my friends to check. This is what they said.....

1) They dun have plans that offer 20 yrs coverage, but only pay premiums for 10 yrs. If got also, premiums very high.

2) They dun pay back whatever premiums paid on top of coverage.

3) They dun do Life Plans over the phone. On top of that, all Life Plans need to be signed by customer.

So with all that, reassured me that its a scam. Also, I asked that guy what he needs from me if I take it up with him?? He told me he needs my full name as in IC, my IC number, need me to answer a few medical questions, need me to answer a few personal questions, need my credit card details like expiry and 16 digit number. WTF!! Sure scam lah!! :-)

He called back, I didnt even bother entertaining him. :-)

His number is, 64119756. I may be wong tho. Maybe its a genuine tele-marketing service. Any of you in Standard Chartered or Prudential who can confirm?? :-)

I dunno. To me it sounds like a scam because of all the discrepencies. Also, if he calling from bank, he should have all my particulars already. In fact, dun think any bank will call me to ask me for my 16 digit credit card number. :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 12th November 2009, 2:12 pm

I think it is more of in case he managed to get some older folks to fall prey. You can just alert the mata that this person seemed like making a phone scam. Let them take over. Worse case scenario, you wasted a few mins. But you might just save someone else's family. thumbsup
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 12th November 2009, 2:18 pm

no one shoud ask this combination

credit card number, + (date of birth, expiry date and cvv) ....
card no + two of the 3 items above, can easily use ur card oredi....

btw, sometimes it helps that ur credit card emboss name is not exactly the same as ur actual name....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 12th November 2009, 2:22 pm

yes, call police.

i always do call police.

kids vadalise the void deck i call police

i found car key i call police

i think i am a good citizen
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 12th November 2009, 2:23 pm

JuanST wrote:no one shoud ask this combination

credit card number, + (date of birth, expiry date and cvv) ....
card no + two of the 3 items above, can easily use ur card oredi....

btw, sometimes it helps that ur credit card emboss name is not exactly the same as ur actual name....

i agree with the name thingy.
mine is not the same though.
haha

by the way daniel, did he get your name right?
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 12th November 2009, 2:31 pm

Ohh I cant remember if he got my name right. Hahaha!! :-)

And no I did not give him anything. :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 12th November 2009, 2:33 pm

Daniel^Bigcow wrote:I have a similar experience. :-)

I am a customer of Standard Chartered. A guy called me up saying they are from the Standard Chartered and PRudential linked services offering insurance. Told me they have this plan that is very good. Prior to my questions, he only said that for a certain some of money every year, for the next 10 years, I will get 20 years of coverage. And at the end of the 20 years, I will get back my full amount.

Little does he know I did take up the course on insurance before, and in fact, with Prudential. I was a little suspicious, and that moment I was having a smoke and had some time, so I questioned him. In fact, I asked him more about the policy then he mentioned to me. A few points below.

1) Pay for 10 years, covered for 20 years. (very few insurance companies will offer this.

2) When asked, he said that there is also Permanent Disability. He never mentioned this before. He mentioned about the losing one limb and one arm kinda thing but not so much in detail. Then he said that if claim, can get back whatever premiums I have paid too. (I dun think insurance companies pay back whatever premiums you have paid on top of the insured amount.)

3) The Life Plan same as the Permanent Disability. Pay back whatever premiums paid.

Then I told him I have many friends in Prudential and Standard Chartered. Why should I get from him and not from my friends?? He said cant. Very fast. He said cos the service he offers is hassle free. No need go medical checkup, everything can be done on the phone. So I told him to call me back cos I had something to do.

Then I called my friends to check. This is what they said.....

1) They dun have plans that offer 20 yrs coverage, but only pay premiums for 10 yrs. If got also, premiums very high.

2) They dun pay back whatever premiums paid on top of coverage.

3) They dun do Life Plans over the phone. On top of that, all Life Plans need to be signed by customer.

So with all that, reassured me that its a scam. Also, I asked that guy what he needs from me if I take it up with him?? He told me he needs my full name as in IC, my IC number, need me to answer a few medical questions, need me to answer a few personal questions, need my credit card details like expiry and 16 digit number. WTF!! Sure scam lah!! :-)

He called back, I didnt even bother entertaining him. :-)

His number is, 64119756. I may be wong tho. Maybe its a genuine tele-marketing service. Any of you in Standard Chartered or Prudential who can confirm?? :-)

I dunno. To me it sounds like a scam because of all the discrepencies. Also, if he calling from bank, he should have all my particulars already. In fact, dun think any bank will call me to ask me for my 16 digit credit card number. :-)

Bro, actually since you have the number and things like this... call / write in to MAS to lodge a complaint.

They will investigate and give you back an answer.
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 12th November 2009, 2:40 pm

joepele.....lazy lah. Hahaha!! :-)

Anyways I warned most ppl I know not in this insurance or finance line already. Plus put it up on this forum. :-)

Anyways its quite common nowadays. With bank personals selling off company database, etc. :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 12th November 2009, 2:43 pm

Daniel^Bigcow wrote:joepele.....lazy lah. Hahaha!! :-)

Anyways I warned most ppl I know not in this insurance or finance line already. Plus put it up on this forum. :-)

Anyways its quite common nowadays. With bank personals selling off company database, etc. :-)

most of the time, what is sold is name and address and telephone..... if they know ur dob and card number..... change ur pin immediately or cancel ur cards..... hehehehehe
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 12th November 2009, 2:48 pm

i screwed one bank several times.

i said, i mentioned not to gimme unsolicited calls trying to sell me things.

then finally i threatened to sue, then it stopped.

so KNN, must come out with power then will wokr
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 12th November 2009, 2:52 pm

thats the problem in sg, we dun have pip law here..... in japan, a bank can get get its license revoked if it leaked or sold data w/o the customers agreement..... pip (personal information protection)
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 12th November 2009, 2:55 pm

Well, thats why companies like to 'steal' highflyers. So they can bring over all their contacts and if possible, their big clients. :-)

For my industry, its very ok. But for banks and finance ppl, it can be quite bad for the company. :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 12th November 2009, 4:18 pm

for me,

unknow people call n ask to do survey or watever ..

i will pick up the call.... n listen

Me.... helo, looking for ?.....
unknow call.... hi sir i am calling from blah blah blah company ....
Me... helo.... helo.... helo.... kaoZ reception lousy (even i can hear him) not forgeting to scold vagour langage n say bye bye

when call again ....
i will :-- heloZ !!! heloZ !!! say something ... OEI !!!! (even i can hear him) not forgeting to scold vagour langage n say bye bye
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 12th November 2009, 4:19 pm

Kiang wrote:for me,

Me... helo.... helo.... helo.... kaoZ reception lousy (even i can hear him) not forgeting to scold vagour langage n say bye bye

when call again ....
i will :-- heloZ !!! heloZ !!! say something ... OEI !!!! (even i can hear him) not forgeting to scold vagour langage n say bye bye

i just dislike all this ....
somemore dunno all these idoit how they get my number
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 12th November 2009, 4:24 pm

they get nu by
1. sold by ur bank or credit card company
2. sold by that lucky draw u joined
3. sold by the website u signed up for
4. sold by those surveyors in orchard....

once i signed myself as tom pitt.... up until now am still getting letters for tom pitt.... Beware of this so-called "advertisement & surveying company"! Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 12th November 2009, 4:34 pm

Hhahaha!! Kiang....no need so fierce1! :-)

Everytime you get a call like that, you sing the Pitbull song....

'I know you want me, you know I want ya....'

After a while they will hang up and never call back!! Hahaha!! :-)

Or sing the the nobody song. :-) Bet it will irritate the hell out of them!! :-)

Sometimes I wonder whether these ppl are employed to do all these things!! Sigh... :-)

Or maybe you can find out the number of a high ranking minister and always give this number to ppl who doing survey!! Or website!!
hahahaha
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 12th November 2009, 4:39 pm

Daniel^Bigcow wrote:Hhahaha!! Kiang....no need so fierce1! :-)

Everytime you get a call like that, you sing the Pitbull song....

'I know you want me, you know I want ya....'

After a while they will hang up and never call back!! Hahaha!! :-)

Or sing the the nobody song. :-) Bet it will irritate the hell out of them!! :-)

Sometimes I wonder whether these ppl are employed to do all these things!! Sigh... :-)

Or maybe you can find out the number of a high ranking minister and always give this number to ppl who doing survey!! Or website!!
hahahaha

whahahaahah i like ur ideas....
maybe look for some minister office number hor or police station number ?
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 12th November 2009, 4:40 pm

JuanST wrote:they get nu by

once i signed myself as tom pitt.... up until now am still getting letters for tom pitt.... Beware of this so-called "advertisement & surveying company"! Icon_smile

ahhaahahaahah TOM PITT....

normally those on street surveyor i will ignore even got free gifts ....
if they say free FORTE, maybe can see see look look whhahahahah
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 12th November 2009, 4:44 pm

lucky u never sign up as arme pitt. The telemarketer will laugh as he or she calls out ur name.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 12th November 2009, 4:48 pm

sometimes... so fun playing with them oso..... once someone some one told me that i am so lucky i won a car and they keep jumping .... so me and my wife oso pretended to be so happy....

then all of the sudden, we said wah... we cannot go to the seminar anymore as we are leaving the next day.... and then say because she was so good to us... we give her the car... and she can attend the seminar on our behalf.....

u shud have seen her face .... priceless...... Beware of this so-called "advertisement & surveying company"! Icon_twisted
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 12th November 2009, 4:58 pm

I remember when i was still studying, got a street surveyor came up to me and ask me abt shopping and such. Then she asked how much is your income. I know they are just getting numbers and time share thing i told her 50k. She said a year? My reply.... no lah a month.

Then i think she tio stunned and forgot to ask other stuff. Beware of this so-called "advertisement & surveying company"! Icon_lol
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 12th November 2009, 5:31 pm

Daniel^Bigcow wrote:joepele.....lazy lah. Hahaha!! :-)

Juz copy and paste what you posted into an email la.
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 13th November 2009, 12:02 am

Kiang wrote:for me,

when call again ....

lol! lol! lol!
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 13th November 2009, 12:03 am

aural wrote:

lucky u never sign up as arme pitt. The telemarketer will laugh as he or she calls out ur name.

this one rolling over... lol! lol! lol! arme pitt
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down