Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Forte Onboard GPS with reverse camera Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Forte Onboard GPS with reverse camera Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Forte Onboard GPS with reverse camera Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Forte Onboard GPS with reverse camera Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Forte Onboard GPS with reverse camera Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Forte Onboard GPS with reverse camera Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Forte Onboard GPS with reverse camera Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Forte Onboard GPS with reverse camera Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Forte Onboard GPS with reverse camera Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Forte Onboard GPS with reverse camera

+3
kevinhwc
mkkiaforte
rforte
7 posters

Go down

Forte Onboard GPS with reverse camera Empty Forte Onboard GPS with reverse camera

Post by rforte 27th September 2009, 7:19 pm

i had originally wanted to ask my SE to install the GPS installed at the centre of dash (Displayed at Kia Showroom), but my SE discourage me to do it, telling me that there are better one out in the market.

i tried not to get those garmin/holux type as i find it troublesome to keep and bring it out each time i want to use it.

What type of GPS system you using at the moment and has it been good? got reverse camera - is it useful?

rforte

Back to top Go down

Forte Onboard GPS with reverse camera Empty Re: Forte Onboard GPS with reverse camera

Post by mkkiaforte 27th September 2009, 7:31 pm

Hi rforte,

Currently using the Garmin-Asus G60, so far no complaint except that it couldn't search with postal code. It comes with phone function so you can connect it with your vehicle's bluetooth device.

I usually check www.gothere.sg first before using the GPS because there are some underground routes which GPS will definitely lose its signal. (then don't know which exit to take.)

No reverse camera naturally.

Last edited by mkkiaforte on 27th September 2009, 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
mkkiaforte
mkkiaforte

Back to top Go down

Forte Onboard GPS with reverse camera Empty Re: Forte Onboard GPS with reverse camera

Post by kevinhwc 27th September 2009, 11:10 pm

rforte wrote:i had originally wanted to ask my SE to install the GPS installed at the centre of dash (Displayed at Kia Showroom), but my SE discourage me to do it, telling me that there are better one out in the market.

i tried not to get those garmin/holux type as i find it troublesome to keep and bring it out each time i want to use it.

What type of GPS system you using at the moment and has it been good? got reverse camera - is it useful?

Bro, I got my SE to install it for free when I got my car... now still waiting.. if you are paying for it I think it's not worth getting from CnC. If free, why not.....

kevinhwc

Back to top Go down

Post by rforte 28th September 2009, 6:09 pm

bro, my se only give me the car film. nothing else.

Judging from response, it seems not many people install the one from C&C ($1200).

Tio boh?

rforte

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 28th September 2009, 7:08 pm

rforte wrote:bro, my se only give me the car film. nothing else.

Judging from response, it seems not many people install the one from C&C ($1200).

Tio boh?

Bro, I'm holding a GB on this and the 7" LCD is mounted onto the dashboard and come with reverse camera. If you are interested, please pm me.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 29th September 2009, 4:29 pm

bro, any more details?

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 29th September 2009, 5:08 pm

FriesL wrote:bro, any more details?

Details
1) 7" LCD
2) Bracket to mount onto Dashboard
3) Speednavi Map (Licenced)
4) Reverse Camera
5) SD card slots
6) DVD function for playerable format
7) MP3 function
8. Clock
9) TV Tuner (Optional)
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 29th September 2009, 5:30 pm

GB price is $1250, right? Forte Onboard GPS with reverse camera Icon_rolleyes
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 29th September 2009, 5:31 pm

gazoo.. since u are holding GB on this.. dont hide hide eh.. must share =)

- What is the maps used on Speednavi application? Does the GPS able to load MFM or MSM maps?

- Is the map updates offer limited period or unlimited period.. means lifetime free map update? If so, who will provide the map and how what's the frequency of map updates?

- Does the GPS a 2D type or 3D type.

- How is the DVD being played? via our stock HU or add-on device? Can briefly explains how the add-on device works?

- What type of camera is used? CMOS type or CCD type? During the night it shows black/white or color?

- I will assume the TV tuner is DVB-T supported and not analogue type right? How much if to add on this?

- Expected price in other thread is $1200, will it revise any further?

- When is the stock coming in? It seems this have been discussing for very long but hear no news about it

maybe u can advise on the faq I stated above, so everyone will have a better picture and the functionality on this devices bah

Last edited by Terrier on 29th September 2009, 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 29th September 2009, 5:33 pm

keke, bro gazoo got to write essay to address to bro terrier's queries liao... Forte Onboard GPS with reverse camera Icon_razz
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 29th September 2009, 5:34 pm

kysoong wrote:GB price is $1250, right? Forte Onboard GPS with reverse camera Icon_rolleyes

I will ask for lower price since the boss has let us wait for so long.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 29th September 2009, 5:44 pm

gazoo lower price must be below $1200 ar..

cause the last thread i read u mentioned GB price is $1200

hehe =)
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 29th September 2009, 5:46 pm

Terrier wrote:gazoo.. since u are holding GB on this.. dont hide hide eh.. must share =)

- What is the maps used on Speednavi application? Does the GPS able to load MFM or MSM maps?

- Is the map updates offer limited period or unlimited period.. means lifetime free map update? If so, who will provide the map and how what's the frequency of map updates?

- Does the GPS a 2D type or 3D type.

- How is the DVD being played? via our stock HU or add-on device? Can briefly explains how the add-on device works?

- What type of camera is used? CMOS type or CCD type? During the night it shows black/white or color?

- I will assume the TV tuner is DVB-T supported and not analogue type right? How much if to add on this?

- When is the stock coming in? It seems this have been discussing for very long but hear no news about it

maybe u can advise on the faq I stated above, so everyone will have a better picture and the functionality on this devices bah

sorry still got 3 more questions coming to my mind..

- does the SD-slot support video format?

- what are the video format supported?

- Is there a on/off switch for the monitor?
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 29th September 2009, 5:49 pm

Terrier wrote:gazoo.. since u are holding GB on this.. dont hide hide eh.. must share =)

You may wish to click on this link to find out more. http://www.speednavi.com/English/

No announcement yet, but is free for the time being. Will need to pay a minimum subq fee to update the map and use it. Can eaily get the updates from the website.

- Does the GPS a 2D type or 3D type. It's both.

- How is the DVD being played? via our stock HU or add-on device? Can briefly explains how the add-on device works? Obviously not via our stock HU since it can only play normal CD. You can play movies via SD card slot in.

It's CMOS. Not sure is black or white or color, will need to check and get back.

No, it's not analogue type. Around 50bucks or less.

I have already smack and chase after them but they still delay and definitely I'm going to ask for cheaper price.

Around October 2009. Yes, I know discuss until very long until I want to give up, but since I have seen and play with it before, I will say it's worth the wait and also for me not to give up.

- does the SD-slot support video format?
Yes, as long as you have got the correct format, it can support.

- what are the video format supported?
I only know it support mpeg so far. Will read on the manual to see what other format it will support once arrive.

- Is there a on/off switch for the monitor?
Yes.

I presume you are buying since you ask so much Forte Onboard GPS with reverse camera Lol. Will add you in the list. At the same time ans your above for those who wish to more about it so that they wont kana "cheated". Forte Onboard GPS with reverse camera Lol kidding. hehehe.

Last edited by greatgazoo on 29th September 2009, 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 29th September 2009, 5:53 pm

Lolz.. no mah.. must know what we are paying for..

im of cos interested on this.. but still hunting for the front panel.. then can convert my stock HU to 2DIN HU.. so see give me a better feel bah.. anyway thanks for updating
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 29th September 2009, 5:57 pm

Terrier wrote:Lolz.. no mah.. must know what we are paying for..

im of cos interested on this.. but still hunting for the front panel.. then can convert my stock HU to 2DIN HU.. so see give me a better feel bah.. anyway thanks for updating

So far not heard or see any 2DIN HU that can fit on our stock panel. It's either you wait or modify the panel to do a 2DIN.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 29th September 2009, 6:01 pm

Adding on top of that:

- It's a licence map, therefore it's very accurate.
- It's both the malaysia and Singapore map.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by rforte 30th September 2009, 11:21 pm

wat's 2DIN HU?

rforte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down