Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Forte EX reverse sensor and auto-fold Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Forte EX reverse sensor and auto-fold Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Forte EX reverse sensor and auto-fold Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Forte EX reverse sensor and auto-fold Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Forte EX reverse sensor and auto-fold Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Forte EX reverse sensor and auto-fold Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Forte EX reverse sensor and auto-fold Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Forte EX reverse sensor and auto-fold Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Forte EX reverse sensor and auto-fold Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Forte EX reverse sensor and auto-fold

+8
jackohy
Fortei
fonefun610
greatgazoo
dubdew
Divine
muff
pessimizt
12 posters

Go down

Forte EX reverse sensor and auto-fold Empty Forte EX reverse sensor and auto-fold

Post by pessimizt 10th August 2009, 10:13 pm

Hello all EX (and SX owners).

I have been driving my EX (A) for a week and realized the following:
1) Reverse sensor by CNC. After driving into a carpark and positioned for parking, my reverse sensor keeps buzzing (continuously) once i engaged the reverse gear although i have confirmed that there is nothing behind the car. It will only return to normal beeping after i re-engage to Drive mode and then to Reverse again.

2) Auto-fold side mirror by CNC. Whenever i cut engine, the auto-folding side mirror will close by itself automatically. I find it very dangerous as once the side mirror is closed, i cannot keep track on vehicles coming from behind unless i turn my head to the back. I am thinking of asking CNC mech to set the auto-fold mirror to close only when i lock the door and to open up when i unlock the door.

Wonder if any EX and SX owners faces the same issues ?
I am going to report this to my SE this couple of days and hope they can rectifiy it on my 1k servicing.
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Forte EX reverse sensor and auto-fold Empty Re: Forte EX reverse sensor and auto-fold

Post by muff 10th August 2009, 11:00 pm

I've the same problems (about 4 times in the last 6 months) with my EX locally fitted reverse sensor but i juz need to re-engage the reverse gear and it will be back to normal...... Very Happy
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Forte EX reverse sensor and auto-fold Empty Re: Forte EX reverse sensor and auto-fold

Post by pessimizt 10th August 2009, 11:06 pm

Hi muff, have you not highlighted this during servicing ?
Yours 4 times in last 6 months ?
Mine happened like 5-6 times for the past 1 week. That is almost everyday.
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 10th August 2009, 11:07 pm

mine also same every day also have.. and just now when i start my car my EPS when off.. damn what is wrong with the car??
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 10th August 2009, 11:17 pm

Hi Divine, you driving SX or EX ?
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by dubdew 10th August 2009, 11:23 pm

waht the ****..howcome like this?
dubdew
dubdew

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 11th August 2009, 12:26 am

Pessimizt, as for your auto-fold rite, there is a button for u to press and set in such a way that u can manually close or open it. Press and hold, once hear the beep sound, release and the setting will now set as manual overide.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 11th August 2009, 7:53 am

Hi greatgazoo, yes my SE also told me that. But when i tried to press the same open/close button for 10sec.......there is still no beep sound.

Did you start the engine and press and hold or do you cut the engine and press and hold ? Apparently i realised that even after i cut the engine, the button for the mirror still works.
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 11th August 2009, 9:30 am

U try to start engine & hold, if still canot, means there is something wrong wif the button.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 11th August 2009, 1:35 pm

pessimizt wrote:Hi Divine, you driving SX or EX ?

EX manual
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 11th August 2009, 1:39 pm

yup, i also have the reverse sensor problem on a regular basis. thinking of bringing it up during the next servicing. my experience is that it needs to sense first to work properly. maybe it has problems with initialization. most of the times, i just continue my parking until it starts sensing the kerb/other cars, then it'll start working as normal.

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 11th August 2009, 1:56 pm

Wah fonefun610, I find it very dangerous ah. Imagine 'sway sway' really got something, or worse someone (a kid), just ran behind the car while we engage the reverse gear. No
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortei 11th August 2009, 2:19 pm

pessimizt wrote:Hi greatgazoo, yes my SE also told me that. But when i tried to press the same open/close button for 10sec.......there is still no beep sound.

Did you start the engine and press and hold or do you cut the engine and press and hold ? Apparently i realised that even after i cut the engine, the button for the mirror still works.

10 secs? that very long.... have to go look for the button liao... lolx...
Fortei
Fortei

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 11th August 2009, 2:20 pm

I havent re-try to disable the auto-fold mirror but i believe it should be less than 10sec.
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by jackohy 11th August 2009, 2:24 pm

pessimizt wrote:Hi greatgazoo, yes my SE also told me that. But when i tried to press the same open/close button for 10sec.......there is still no beep sound.

The button suppose to work even when the engine is cut. Or else how do you wash your side mirror during ur own car wash ... unless you like start your engine everytime you washes your car.

jackohy

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 11th August 2009, 2:25 pm

by rite press n hold for 3 seconds should hear the beep beep liao...
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortei 11th August 2009, 2:28 pm

ok, later i go try..
Fortei
Fortei

Back to top Go down

Post by kenneth 11th August 2009, 2:35 pm

my one hold for 30 sec also no beep beep sound sian. i think i got the one cannot set to manual one

kenneth

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 11th August 2009, 2:39 pm

Kenneth, yours is by CNC ? EX or SX ?

Mine is from CNC and the model is EX. SE told me press and hold the button and should be able to hear the beep sound to disable and vice versa.
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by ong 11th August 2009, 2:51 pm

woah so fast problem starts to come out one by one
ong
ong

Back to top Go down

Post by kenneth 11th August 2009, 3:24 pm

pessimizt wrote:Kenneth, yours is by CNC ? EX or SX ?

Mine is from CNC and the model is EX. SE told me press and hold the button and should be able to hear the beep sound to disable and vice versa.

Mine is by C&C, SX(A) got my ride end of July. Mine is quite funny, turn off engine the mirror will not fold, my window will fold after when i take out my key.

kenneth

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 11th August 2009, 3:58 pm

Wow....how come so many different way of working.......
Wonder if they get from same supplier...... Crying or Very sad
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 11th August 2009, 4:01 pm

pessimizt wrote:Wah fonefun610, I find it very dangerous ah. Imagine 'sway sway' really got something, or worse someone (a kid), just ran behind the car while we engage the reverse gear. No

just have to watch out the rear mirror lor. anyway, i brought up at the last servicing but was told need to leave the car overnight and i desperately needed car back that day so never fix this problem.

atm, i can still live with it becos usually i dun depend on reverse sensor for parking, i use gut feeling one. tongue

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 11th August 2009, 5:07 pm

Guys for the Auto-folding mirror, the button has got 2 type, one type need to hold 10sec & the other type no need.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 11th August 2009, 5:11 pm

I only see one button on the right of the dashboard. Sad
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 11th August 2009, 7:33 pm

pessimizt wrote:I only see one button on the right of the dashboard. Sad

It's correct that u only got one type, just that there is two version.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortei 11th August 2009, 8:05 pm

kenneth wrote:

Mine is by C&C, SX(A) got my ride end of July. Mine is quite funny, turn off engine the mirror will not fold, my window will fold after when i take out my key.

Mine is the same as your...Smile
Fortei
Fortei

Back to top Go down

Post by kenneth 11th August 2009, 8:43 pm

Fortei wrote:
kenneth wrote:

Mine is the same as your...Smile

I think because we got our car at the same time and also from the same SE 8)

kenneth

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 11th August 2009, 10:46 pm

think this is quite common.. like ice kacang.. mix here and there.. haaa what matters is if its locally fitted then usually got all sort to way... la.. could be even from 1 installer to another...

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 11th August 2009, 11:50 pm

I have highlighted the 2 problems to SE and he told me to get it check when doing 1k servicing this Friday morning.

Button to disable auto-fold mirror not working (tried depressing 10-15secs when engine is on and off also nothing happens)
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down