Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
My Forte feelings... Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
My Forte feelings... Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
My Forte feelings... Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
My Forte feelings... Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
My Forte feelings... Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
My Forte feelings... Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
My Forte feelings... Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
My Forte feelings... Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
My Forte feelings... Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

My Forte feelings...

+6
kapitan
Juz@kid
impact2001
vanilor
Fortei
Fortec
10 posters

Go down

My Forte feelings... Empty My Forte feelings...

Post by Fortec 22nd April 2009, 1:36 am

Ok day 2 of driving the Forte.

The overall feel is good, listing out how I feel about the car so far...do share urs too!

1) Turning radius - Maybe I haven't got the feel of the car yet...but today I did a U turn from Tampines Ikea to Giant, have to reverse a bit. Good thing the front Sonata Taxi did the same and a Crown Taxi ride the curb... guess have to eat into the other lane a bit in future.

2) Reverse Sensor, any way we can adjust the range of the sensors? My previous rides never had them and I am really annoyed by the beep beep sounds...thought the terminal beep means ok liao....go out and see...still a good 1/2 meter away from impact!!!

3) The anti glare thing on the rear view mirror is always activated when you start the vehicle regardless of it's previous setting. The greenish look need time to get used to.

4) Ride is bumpy, more obvious when around 110-120km/h. This is mainly due to the stiff suspensions and 17inch rims. Guess upsizing is a definate No No at least for me.

5) Noise is still ok, not great but good enough to have decent small talks. (Sound proof is a must for the enthuasist)

6) Steering is very light...it's good and bad but just have to get used to it...not as if I can afford a audi or something haha.

7) Handling is really good especially around corners, stable and not alot of body roll maybe the car still new heh.

8) Pick up is not too bad, don't expect it to fly but it doesn't turtle either.

9) Engine response is good, 2nd and 3rd gear provides a lot of torque and taper out in 4th and 5th....but heh...that's pretty much the same for most cars duh!

10) Bluetooth good! Easy as ABC just make sure ur scandal don't call when ur wife is in the car lol

11) USB drive is really nice...can do away with the CD player if weight is really a concern.

12) The reverse gear position is abit too far left for my liking but as usual, can only get used to it.

13) Interior is spacious but i can't rest my elbow while driving without feeling my shoulders being cranked awkwardly.

14) The area near the clutch feels warm after a while, you probably won't feel it if your drive journey last less than 45mins.

15) Side mirrors coverage area huge which is good...except for the wordings.....WTH.

16) A lot of curious onlookers....Feels GOOD! Enjoy it while it last...soon many Fortes and other makes new models out liao.

17) A lot of Civics and Lancers wants to show you what a real car is....o well....with age safety more important than ego.

All in all, I can only say I am satisfied with the overall performance of the car. The question mark now is reliablity and maintainece liao.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

My Forte feelings... Empty Re: My Forte feelings...

Post by Fortei 22nd April 2009, 1:41 am

well said Fortec...

It always feels good when onlookers beo ur own car... LOLX
Fortei
Fortei

Back to top Go down

Post by vanilor 22nd April 2009, 1:44 am

u said it all!

vanilor

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 22nd April 2009, 2:25 am

So which is important now, your FORTE or ur CFO
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 22nd April 2009, 4:39 am

Fortec wrote:Ok day 2 of driving the Forte.

4) Ride is bumpy, more obvious when around 110-120km/h. This is mainly due to the stiff suspensions and 17inch rims. Guess upsizing is a definate No No at least for me.

bro,, u serious harr... 2nd day oready whack ur car up to 110-120km/h affraid or u done wif ur running in.
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 22nd April 2009, 8:49 am

Juz@kid wrote:

bro,, u serious harr... 2nd day oready whack ur car up to 110-120km/h affraid or u done wif ur running in.

I don't really bother about run in....odo reads 6km when I collect car, probably already rev by the handlers already.
As long you warm up the car, don't floor it to redline like crazy....it's ok one lah...at least that's how I did with my previous rides.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 22nd April 2009, 9:17 am

10) Bluetooth good! Easy as ABC just make sure ur scandal don't call when ur wife is in the car lol

All in all, I can only say I am satisfied with the overall performance of the car. The question mark now is reliablity and maintainece liao.

Point no.10...... good advice, that's why my phone is not paired with the car bluetooth.... my trusty earpiece is doing the job well......
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 22nd April 2009, 10:32 am

The overall feel is good, listing out how I feel about the car so far...do share urs too!

1) Turning radius - Maybe I haven't got the feel of the car yet...but today I did a U turn from Tampines Ikea to Giant, have to reverse a bit. Good thing the front Sonata Taxi did the same and a Crown Taxi ride the curb... guess have to eat into the other lane a bit in future.

hmm.. the area at that junction is really beary small.. I u-turned there in my previous car, i still nid 2 do a reverse.. in fact, almost 90% will nid 2 do a reverse... Razz

6) Steering is very light...it's good and bad but just have to get used to it...not as if I can afford a audi or something haha.
but when speed reaches ard 90 onwards, the steering got stiff wor...

16) A lot of curious onlookers....Feels GOOD! Enjoy it while it last...soon many Fortes and other makes new models out liao.
aiya!!! nobody looks @ my car.. so sadz.... wait till i got my Rilakkuma pasted on this sat.. ha!! Twisted Evil

17) A lot of Civics and Lancers wants to show you what a real car is....o well....with age safety more important than ego.
eeehhh.... pluz Audis oso... Suspect
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura 22nd April 2009, 10:52 am

2) Reverse Sensor, any way we can adjust the range of the sensors? My previous rides never had them and I am really annoyed by the beep beep sounds...thought the terminal beep means ok liao....go out and see...still a good 1/2 meter away from impact!!!

I was told a bar on the display means 1 feet and in total it has 4 bars mean it can sense 4 feet away. Also as you get nearer to impact, the frequency of the sound will also increase.
Aura
Aura

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 22nd April 2009, 12:38 pm

1) Turning radius - Maybe I haven't got the feel of the car yet...but today I did a U turn from ............................................

bro, u want to hear my feeling right now with no car n stock in july n failed last bid? Suspect
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 22nd April 2009, 1:20 pm

tish wrote:

1) Turning radius - Maybe I haven't got the feel of the car yet...but today I did a U turn from ............................................

bro, u want to hear my feeling right now with no car n stock in july n failed last bid? Suspect

Hi Tish,
I really wish you can get your COE today and enjoy your ride ASAP!

I book my Forte on 23th Feb and I got my ride after one mth+ on 26 March,
which I think is damn quick . What say you!
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by vanilor 22nd April 2009, 1:31 pm

[quote="andikong]
which I think is damn quick . What say you![/quote]

me also same 1 mth get car liaoz..guess its because i have car to trade in with them..so they make more money from me..

vanilor

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 22nd April 2009, 1:36 pm

vanilor wrote:[quote="andikong]
which I think is damn quick . What say you!

me also same 1 mth get car liaoz..guess its because i have car to trade in with them..so they make more money from me..[/quote]

I don't have a car to trade in, I book the car straight from Leng Kee and took a 10k loan for 3 yrs, but at a high interest of 2.8%. Which I think is much higher than everyone in this forum.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 22nd April 2009, 1:37 pm

We made our booking on the Saturday weekend that they launched... 28th February.... loan approved on the Tuesday, COE secured on 4th March. Registered on 23rd and elected to collect car on the 2nd April after I returned from a trip.
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 22nd April 2009, 3:02 pm

tish wrote:bro, u want to hear my feeling right now with no car n stock in july n failed last bid? Suspect

Don't be sad lah, the longer the yearning, the more you'll feel the love!!!!!! Hope u get ur COE this round!
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down