Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Driving in auto mode switch to manual will spoil gearbox? when still stepping on accelerator? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Driving in auto mode switch to manual will spoil gearbox? when still stepping on accelerator? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Driving in auto mode switch to manual will spoil gearbox? when still stepping on accelerator? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Driving in auto mode switch to manual will spoil gearbox? when still stepping on accelerator? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Driving in auto mode switch to manual will spoil gearbox? when still stepping on accelerator? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Driving in auto mode switch to manual will spoil gearbox? when still stepping on accelerator? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Driving in auto mode switch to manual will spoil gearbox? when still stepping on accelerator? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Driving in auto mode switch to manual will spoil gearbox? when still stepping on accelerator? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Driving in auto mode switch to manual will spoil gearbox? when still stepping on accelerator? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Driving in auto mode switch to manual will spoil gearbox? when still stepping on accelerator?

+6
Daniel^Bigcow
Forte899
JuanST
joepele
1Seth1
Fransge
10 posters

Go down

Driving in auto mode switch to manual will spoil gearbox? when still stepping on accelerator? Empty Driving in auto mode switch to manual will spoil gearbox? when still stepping on accelerator?

Post by Fransge 25th August 2009, 3:35 pm

any bro experience in driving an auto car with manual mode, will changing from auto to manual while stepping the accelerator spoil the gear box?
Fransge
Fransge

Back to top Go down

Driving in auto mode switch to manual will spoil gearbox? when still stepping on accelerator? Empty Re: Driving in auto mode switch to manual will spoil gearbox? when still stepping on accelerator?

Post by 1Seth1 25th August 2009, 3:42 pm

by right you should stop the car entirely to prevent heavy wear lah.. but thats just my practice..
1Seth1
1Seth1

Back to top Go down

Driving in auto mode switch to manual will spoil gearbox? when still stepping on accelerator? Empty Re: Driving in auto mode switch to manual will spoil gearbox? when still stepping on accelerator?

Post by joepele 25th August 2009, 4:43 pm

Dun see how it will spoil the gear box...

I mean..... juz my thoughts...

From auto... Gear 3 @ 3000 rpm, switch to sportronic... the gear would still stay in gear 3... how would that "spoil" the gear?
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 25th August 2009, 4:54 pm

u mean u steeping on the axel and say the auto gear is changing from 3rd gear to 4th gear and u want to change to tronic?

i think this has been catered for, else there would be a huge warning in the manual taht says says STOP and then CHANGE.

is there? Embarassed
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte899 25th August 2009, 5:06 pm

Hi All,
I.m a newbie, hope someone can help me to understand the utilised the sportrontic function (+) (-)?
BTW, in Auto car how can I know the vehicle is in which gear while cruzing? Thanks

Forte899

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Seth1 25th August 2009, 5:24 pm

you can't tell unless you are in sportronic mode. when you're in that mode you can see the gear indicator replacing the "D"
1Seth1
1Seth1

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 25th August 2009, 5:29 pm

HUH????!!!! No such thing!!! Well, at least my car or my gear box hasnt died on me yet!! :-)

I always drive on D. But the if I wanna overtake, on a low RPM, I usually switch to triptronic, drop 1 gear, then change lanes, then up 1 gear, then change back to D. :-)

This is the whole function of tripstronic. It will enter into the gear you are cruising on at D. Usually not at optimum power. For example, usually at D, when I change over, its usually 4th gear but actually if I were to use triptronic all the way, I would have still been in 3rd gear. :-)

Someone spotted me driving along Bukit Timah going at quite a high speed and fast pickup, its cos I was on triptronic. And if you are willing to let you car revv a lot, then you can get quite a good pickup. But of course, your wear and tear would be greater.

Play with it to really understand the nature of the triptronic. And for all of you who are used to manual cars, it works the same way. No need to brake or anything when down or up shifting. You dun do that with a manual car do you?? :-)

I usually let it rev to between 3 and 4 rpm before I up the gear. If you want more power and pickup, let it go up to between 4 and 5 before you shift up. But of course, all this means higher consumption. I only usually use it when I am in a rush or trying to overtake when traffic is slightly heavier. :-)

Thats my experience. Those more experienced ppl out there, maybe can correct me or explain further. :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 25th August 2009, 7:34 pm

so that says that the right foot does not need to move away from the accelerator pedal when changing gears via the manual shift mode? Very Happy
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Fransge 25th August 2009, 10:57 pm

thats also my question bro, forte899 bro, (+) = up gear (1-4) & (-) = down gear (4-1).
Fransge
Fransge

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte899 25th August 2009, 11:50 pm

Hi Bro Fransge,
I have not taken my ride yet and new to Auto car, you mean (+) to (-) there are 4 stages gear?

Forte899

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 28th August 2009, 11:27 am

Yeah your foot doesnt need to leave the pedal. In fact, to obtain maximum power and pickup, your foot should be stepping on the pedal at increasing speed when changing. Alamak!! Dunno how to explain properly. :-)

As for the gears. It works roughly same way as manual cars. It starts off with 1st gear then increases to 4th. But if you on cruising mode, D, when you shift over to triptronic, it will engage in a gear that is most comfortable with the crusing speed you are in. :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by zleipnir 28th August 2009, 11:32 am

dun think so if not F1 cars all break liao... lol anyway, the only time u need to fully stop to change gears is changing from reverse to drive.

Fransge wrote:any bro experience in driving an auto car with manual mode, will changing from auto to manual while stepping the accelerator spoil the gear box?
zleipnir
zleipnir

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 28th August 2009, 11:46 am

Hahaha!! Well said zleipnir!! :-)

Play with the gears when you get a chance to familirise yourself with it. As long as you dun hear too 'weird' or loud sounds, then should be fine. Hahahaha!! :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 28th August 2009, 12:18 pm

One more thing about sportstronic... it has safety mechanism built in against abrupt gear shifting....

For example, if you try to change the gear from 2 to 4 and you have not hit the speed, it will not let you shift-up...

i think the reverse is true, meaning if you try to drop gear from 4 to 2, it will not allow u to shift down...
but haven't tried this cos think its too dangerous and bad for the engine...
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 28th August 2009, 12:52 pm

Hahaha!! Think it might let you just that the engine will like make a lot of noise telling you its stressed and not to make it do things that are so 'difficult'!! Hahaha!! :-)

2 to 4, can be done but pointless!! It will take longer to reach optimum speed at 4 if you skip 3. :-) Might as well you put to D!! :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 28th August 2009, 3:15 pm

hmm... from wat i tried, it still remain at 2 leh... scratch
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 28th August 2009, 4:50 pm

Ohh yeah!! Sorry sorry!! Hahahaha!! :-) My bad. :-)

Yeah it will rev all the way till you change it to the next gear!! :-)

Sorry sorry. forgot. :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by ckpay 31st August 2009, 9:46 am

not sure if my auto gear system got problem...
when my speed is 50km/h, and i switched to sportstronic, it oledi in 4th gear. is it common?? confused (coz i always felt my car no power mad )

ckpay

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 31st August 2009, 11:58 am

Hahaha!! I think its ok. If you shift to sportstronic at 50km/h and its 4th gear, try downshift, see whehter revving a lot of more than 4k rpm?? If it is, then yeah your car is in 4th gear already. :-)

Actually I dun really know. Hahaha!! Only know how to drive. :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down