Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
wat oil is the best for servicing use for 1k? full synthetic type? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
wat oil is the best for servicing use for 1k? full synthetic type? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
wat oil is the best for servicing use for 1k? full synthetic type? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
wat oil is the best for servicing use for 1k? full synthetic type? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
wat oil is the best for servicing use for 1k? full synthetic type? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
wat oil is the best for servicing use for 1k? full synthetic type? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
wat oil is the best for servicing use for 1k? full synthetic type? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
wat oil is the best for servicing use for 1k? full synthetic type? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
wat oil is the best for servicing use for 1k? full synthetic type? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

wat oil is the best for servicing use for 1k? full synthetic type?

+3
nothing
turbo4ev
Fransge
7 posters

Go down

wat oil is the best for servicing use for 1k? full synthetic type? Empty wat oil is the best for servicing use for 1k? full synthetic type?

Post by Fransge 20th August 2009, 3:02 pm

wat to oil to use for 1k servicing? full synthetic type?
Fransge
Fransge

Back to top Go down

wat oil is the best for servicing use for 1k? full synthetic type? Empty Re: wat oil is the best for servicing use for 1k? full synthetic type?

Post by turbo4ev 20th August 2009, 3:10 pm

use mineral oil
turbo4ev
turbo4ev

Back to top Go down

wat oil is the best for servicing use for 1k? full synthetic type? Empty Re: wat oil is the best for servicing use for 1k? full synthetic type?

Post by nothing 21st August 2009, 8:54 am

1k n 5k can stick to mineral oil, 10k then change to syn oil......but if u have money to burn, can use syn oil too for 1k/5k....just that it will be a waste as u will be changing oil within 5k interval which syn oil can last at least 10k of usage....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 21st August 2009, 9:30 am

It's up to you. I know some drivers here have changed to fully synthetic for their 1k servicing. The thing is that when an engine is new, there'll be inperfections in the piston/cyclinder bore interface which will be 'rubbed smooth'. The original tankful of mineral oil is designed to carry most of the metal fillings away during the oil change.

Personally I changed to synthetic oil for my 5k (2nd servicing) because I've been doing that for my past 2 cars.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 21st August 2009, 9:47 am

Your piston is still new, the gap between the cylinder walls and the piston is still very small. Mineral oil is thinner and is made for that purpose. After a while when the gap becomes wider then you use synthetic oil.
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 21st August 2009, 11:33 am

mineral oil thinner than fully syn oil?
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortessimo 21st August 2009, 11:49 am

i used mineral oil for my 1k and 5k servicing. ytd went for my 10k servicing den changed to synthetic.
Fortessimo
Fortessimo

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 21st August 2009, 1:06 pm

may i know is it necessary to do engine flushing snd when the best mileage to do?
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 21st August 2009, 2:00 pm

nocash wrote:may i know is it necessary to do engine flushing snd when the best mileage to do?

not necessary.....my last ride I only do regular servicing and auto oil change at every 20000K. Engine flushing unless u heavy usage, i.e 80K within 2 yrs Shocked
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down