Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Anyone know where to buy Door Guard Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Anyone know where to buy Door Guard Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Anyone know where to buy Door Guard Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Anyone know where to buy Door Guard Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Anyone know where to buy Door Guard Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Anyone know where to buy Door Guard Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Anyone know where to buy Door Guard Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Anyone know where to buy Door Guard Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Anyone know where to buy Door Guard Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Anyone know where to buy Door Guard

+13
chamot16
sc
jl1500k
waypoint
impact2001
pl8288
ck7373
forte118
joepele
reyesong
powerteo
pessimizt
yngwie
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anyone know where to buy Door Guard Empty Anyone know where to buy Door Guard

Post by yngwie 17th July 2009, 11:55 pm

Today i saw a new black forte (SJR*****) at Lido. i noticed that both his front & rear door already got a few Coin DENT which was quite obvious as his car was shinily polished. Think should be caused by others' car door opening. i really feel heart pain for him.

Does anyone keen on attaching those door guard ? any lobang out there in the market for our forte? I hope to invest in one of those when i get my car.
Thanks

yngwie

Back to top Go down

Anyone know where to buy Door Guard Empty Re: Anyone know where to buy Door Guard

Post by pessimizt 19th July 2009, 6:47 pm

Autobacs and many other car accessories shops should have.
i'm also keen, but not so sure which type to get (got long ones, short ones, mini ones, transparent, etc, etc).
any bros/sis already attached to your ride ? got pic to share please ?
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Anyone know where to buy Door Guard Empty Re: Anyone know where to buy Door Guard

Post by powerteo 19th July 2009, 10:50 pm

erm... these door guards are to protect your car or protect other people's car ?

powerteo

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 19th July 2009, 11:10 pm

those i saw at the stores are to protect the sides (contact point) of your own car's door. that means it is to protect other's cars too.....
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by reyesong 19th July 2009, 11:36 pm

is the door guards made of plastic and is the sticker kind which we paste on the door edge?

i seen it at mustafa centre... about $12..

i think it help to protect the door edges when open doors... however if other car without these door guard, and they park beside you, accidentally knock your door cos they park too close... oso kenna knock agianst your door isn't it? Rolling Eyes

reyesong

Back to top Go down

Post by yngwie 19th July 2009, 11:48 pm

Hi all,

http://www.sgcarstyling.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34&products_id=199&zenid=795ccf7c09aa57d30a715b3bbd750395i saw this for mazda 3 type. dunno will it look nice on our forte. and the price is quite ex ($68)
Scare the sticker or paint not durable.
anymore lobang out there to share.

yngwie

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 19th July 2009, 11:51 pm

reyesong wrote:is the door guards made of plastic and is the sticker kind which we paste on the door edge?

i seen it at mustafa centre... about $12..

i think it help to protect the door edges when open doors... however if other car without these door guard, and they park beside you, accidentally knock your door cos they park too close... oso kenna knock agianst your door isn't it? Rolling Eyes

i think they are made of plastic material.
yup, the other cars who open the doors too big/wide will make marks on our rides. Evil or Very Mad
these guards are just to protect the edge of your own car doors. Rolling Eyes
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 19th July 2009, 11:53 pm

hi yngwie, chrome looks nice ! thumbsup
but $68 seems expensive though. Crying or Very sad
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 20th July 2009, 10:08 am

These only protect from car doors...

Not exactly lorry doors.
Smile
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by reyesong 20th July 2009, 11:28 am

joepele wrote:These only protect from car doors...

Not exactly lorry doors.
Smile

true.. so at the end of the day if u got cash to spare for ur ride then u buy... Surprised

st abit... did anybody get seat covers for ur fabric seats? was thinking of getting those seat covers to protect the seats from getting stains.. wonder how much would it costs.. any idea?

reyesong

Back to top Go down

Post by forte118 20th July 2009, 4:29 pm

it seems that the rubber type of door guard is to protect cars besides our cars. Mad

my 1-mth plus old forte already has 1 dent at each side of body mad plus 1 dent at roof.

sad...
forte118
forte118

Back to top Go down

Post by powerteo 20th July 2009, 4:32 pm

forte118 wrote:it seems that the rubber type of door guard is to protect cars besides our cars. Mad

my 1-mth plus old forte already has 1 dent at each side of body mad plus 1 dent at roof.

sad...

roof? so u not parking at MSCP? There are some "personal" slots in MSCP that no cars are beside u... but will have to go all the way up up up.... if u don mind.

powerteo

Back to top Go down

Post by forte118 20th July 2009, 4:57 pm

ya, no MSCP around my area. there r some "personal" n larger space at open car park too but always occupied. think of sending my forte for paintless dent removal. hope it helps...
forte118
forte118

Back to top Go down

Post by ck7373 20th July 2009, 9:27 pm

I used to run black rubber strip along the side of the car from front to back. This to protect dent from others. However, it is not too effective for lorry height vehicle and looks abit ugly imho.....anyway, i am thinking to get those silver one for my forte. Maybe just run for 4 doors to at least protect other cars from denting my ride and i will always try to park far far away from lorries........
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by pl8288 20th July 2009, 9:44 pm

Car Beauty at Ubi selling door guard that used by toyota wish, nicely fit forte door but only have black & not cheap $88 per set(4 door).
pl8288
pl8288

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 20th July 2009, 10:01 pm

reyesong, you can look at http://www.carbaby.com.sg/ for fabric seat covers.
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 20th July 2009, 10:02 pm

ck7373 & pl8288, got pic to show show ? Very Happy
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by ck7373 20th July 2009, 10:42 pm

pl8288, is the wish black rubber thick type?
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by yngwie 20th July 2009, 11:00 pm

wondering what color of the rubber look nicer on our ride. Black or Chrome.
But chrome paint will tend to chip off after sometime? not sure....

yngwie

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 20th July 2009, 11:02 pm

i think usually chrome looks more acceptable to any colour. i find black suits certain colours only. my own opion. Laughing
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 20th July 2009, 11:23 pm

Door guard wont be able to prevent other ppls leaving dent marks on ur door if ppl not considerate enough by opening big big until hit ur door surface.. if the marks is just a work of paint resiude, polish still can remove it.. but if dented in, then sad case lo..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 20th July 2009, 11:38 pm

Ppl who don't give a hoot when they open their doors are everywhere. It's all about upbringing and 'education', really. Even my 3-year-old boy knows well enough to be careful when he does so.

Sometimes drivers who can't park for nuts are also to blame! I was just at Sim Lim Square this evening and had parked my car dead centre in a lot.

15-mins later, when I returned to my car, I see a gun-metal gray Corolla Altis on the right side of my car parked so close, it was 3-effing finger space between my right wing mirror and his left wing mirror. There was tons of space on the driver's side of the lot. The driver must've been a pig to need so much space.

WTF?! If I hadn't been in working dress.... Twisted Evil
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 20th July 2009, 11:51 pm

that why whenever in my company lot, i always choose those single lot one.. so no one can park beside me... In shopping mall, i try to choose to park beside pillar so i can park more towards pillar than to the car beside... unless really bo pian... U knw sg parking lot (especially those shopping centers) really damn "spacious" as compare to Msia which is really spacious...
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by reyesong 21st July 2009, 12:10 am

pessimizt wrote:reyesong, you can look at http://www.carbaby.com.sg/ for fabric seat covers.

thanks for the info bro...
there are alot of super cute designs... but dunno made of cloth or those thicker material (Furry furry type)? can't tell from the pics.

anyway, will go down to shop next time... cos still waiting for coe and the cerato!

reyesong

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 21st July 2009, 1:03 am

Point is moot, again, if the offending driver cannot park for nuts... I take similar precautions as you do, but still it happens.

If you happened to have read an earlier post of mine, when it did happen to me, it was caused by a careless, don't-give-a-sh*t, ignorant rear passenger of a good colleague at work, who gave my car its first dent. POS-es like them don't deserve car rides out of huge camps with bus stops far, far away... Stupid WIIFM-chanting F*ck!

*sighs* cannot talk about it, blood starts to boil whenever I do so... Anyone know where to buy Door Guard Eusa_w10 Kek sim!

BR,
w a y

impact2001 wrote:In shopping mall, i try to choose to park beside pillar so i can park more towards pillar than to the car beside...
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 21st July 2009, 8:46 am

Huh waypoint, your colleague banged your door ? i also got a friend who tends to swing open the door whenever he gets out. guess i will have to tell him straight next time he sits in. Neutral
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 21st July 2009, 10:04 pm

Nah, another POS to whom my colleague offered a ride out of camp, out of good will. That POS swung open the door too hard while getting into the back seat(rear right seat) of my colleague's car.
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 21st July 2009, 10:25 pm

ummm.....wats the meaning of POS ? scratch
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 21st July 2009, 10:28 pm

yngwie wrote:Today i saw a new black forte (SJR*****) at Lido. i noticed that both his front & rear door already got a few Coin DENT which was quite obvious as his car was shinily polished. Think should be caused by others' car door opening. i really feel heart pain for him.

Does anyone keen on attaching those door guard ? any lobang out there in the market for our forte? I hope to invest in one of those when i get my car.
Thanks

Invest one? How about save it. Putting door guard can only prevent other's car dent on your car how about van and lorry. Unless you want to put two black rubber strip one on top and one on the buttom along the side of the car from front to back.
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 21st July 2009, 10:34 pm

Piece of Sh*t...

pessimizt wrote:ummm.....wats the meaning of POS ? scratch
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 21st July 2009, 10:34 pm

ck7373 wrote:I used to run black rubber strip along the side of the car from front to back. This to protect dent from others. However, it is not too effective for lorry height vehicle and looks abit ugly imho.....anyway, i am thinking to get those silver one for my forte. Maybe just run for 4 doors to at least protect other cars from denting my ride and i will always try to park far far away from lorries........

try to park far far away from lorries also no use one lah. The car beside you drive off liao van and lorry still can park beside your car.
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by ck7373 21st July 2009, 10:45 pm

jl1500k wrote:
ck7373 wrote:I used to run black rubber strip along the side of the car from front to back. This to protect dent from others. However, it is not too effective for lorry height vehicle and looks abit ugly imho.....anyway, i am thinking to get those silver one for my forte. Maybe just run for 4 doors to at least protect other cars from denting my ride and i will always try to park far far away from lorries........

try to park far far away from lorries also no use one lah. The car beside you drive off liao van and lorry still can park beside your car.

haha...true enough. But i will try to 'siam' those lorries and hopefully no van/lorry parked beside my lovely ride after the car beside goes off......pray hard hard......Smile
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by ck7373 15th August 2009, 2:20 am

Any bro here installed the door guard? I tried to contact the mazda3 model seller but he kept insisting that the model don't fit forte. I also saw that the Altis model but Boneo Motor quoted about $300 for 4 doors without paint spray. Maybe i will just fix those aftermarket rubber type which was quoted $50 from a shop at Zion road.
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by yngwie 17th August 2009, 11:49 pm

ck7373 wrote:Any bro here installed the door guard? I tried to contact the mazda3 model seller but he kept insisting that the model don't fit forte. I also saw that the Altis model but Boneo Motor quoted about $300 for 4 doors without paint spray. Maybe i will just fix those aftermarket rubber type which was quoted $50 from a shop at Zion road.

$50 type? any pic?im interested too. cant stand seeing some new fortes already with a few door dent mark.

yngwie

Back to top Go down

Post by sc 19th August 2009, 2:31 am

hi new cerato(2weeks)haiz...... got some dent (ten cents round dent) jus askin some senior bro the dry ice method works? and does the metal pop out nicely?

sc

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 19th August 2009, 6:31 am

sc wrote:hi new cerato(2weeks)haiz...... got some dent (ten cents round dent) jus askin some senior bro the dry ice method works? and does the metal pop out nicely?

Never... especially if it's near a bent/crease/weld/double-layered area...
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by sc 19th August 2009, 11:30 am

bro. mine is near the door and the petrol pumping cover. both is metal part. when u see from the side can see that a bit dent( bout 10 cents. any ideas how to have it solved and the $ damage?? thks

sc

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 19th August 2009, 11:00 pm

www.pdr.com.sg

$35 for first dent... Subsequent less but dunno how much...
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by sc 20th August 2009, 12:44 am

thks bro. would try to visit this shop this few days

sc

Back to top Go down

Post by ck7373 26th August 2009, 10:32 pm

Finally got the wish door guard at car beauty at $88. DIY myself and indeed it fit our forte door size very well. Will keep it black with the chrome straps.....standby for pics to show all.....cheers.....
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by chamot16 26th August 2009, 10:37 pm

ck7373 wrote:Finally got the wish door guard at car beauty at $88. DIY myself and indeed it fit our forte door size very well. Will keep it black with the chrome straps.....standby for pics to show all.....cheers.....

Congratz! Standing by to see pics. thumbsup
chamot16
chamot16

Back to top Go down

Post by duncton 26th August 2009, 11:28 pm

all these solutions are for guarding from your door denting others. at best, prevents the edge of ur door from getting chipped. but dun we worry more about the car parked beside us? when they open their door recklessly and leave a painful dent on ur baby..... ouch...

ENTER..... doordefender! Razz ... check this out,... but I really dunno of anybody who uses it in sillypore... check it out ,
http://www.doordefender.com/home.html

group buy?? Razz
duncton
duncton

Back to top Go down

Post by mkkiaforte 26th August 2009, 11:38 pm

duncton wrote:all these solutions are for guarding from your door denting others. at best, prevents the edge of ur door from getting chipped. but dun we worry more about the car parked beside us? when they open their door recklessly and leave a painful dent on ur baby..... ouch...

ENTER..... doordefender! Razz ... check this out,... but I really dunno of anybody who uses it in sillypore... check it out ,

group buy?? Razz

This one too big for my taste.
mkkiaforte
mkkiaforte

Back to top Go down

Post by chamot16 26th August 2009, 11:46 pm

mkkiaforte wrote:
duncton wrote:all these solutions are for guarding from your door denting others. at best, prevents the edge of ur door from getting chipped. but dun we worry more about the car parked beside us? when they open their door recklessly and leave a painful dent on ur baby..... ouch...

group buy?? Razz

This one too big for my taste.

Wow! Really very big and thick wor. Saw a thinner version last week in MacPherson. Do PM me if you're interested. thumbsup
chamot16
chamot16

Back to top Go down

Post by duncton 26th August 2009, 11:52 pm

afraid ppl will laugh at the user.... or attract notty ppl with 10cent coin. Razz the more u want to protect the more ppl want to play with u lor.

but chamot16, u got lobang issit?
duncton
duncton

Back to top Go down

Post by chamot16 27th August 2009, 12:00 am

duncton wrote:afraid ppl will laugh at the user.... or attract notty ppl with 10cent coin. Razz the more u want to protect the more ppl want to play with u lor.

but chamot16, u got lobang issit?

I saw something similar (door guards that run across the doors) but I did not buy it. Can let you have the contact if you're interested. thumbsup
chamot16
chamot16

Back to top Go down

Post by duncton 27th August 2009, 12:12 am

jus pm u bro
duncton
duncton

Back to top Go down

Post by chamot16 27th August 2009, 12:26 am

duncton wrote:jus pm u bro

Replied liao. Btw, I only saw the picture of the item as they do not have ready stock. Do call them up to enquire first. Good Luck. thumbsup
chamot16
chamot16

Back to top Go down

Post by duncton 27th August 2009, 12:44 am

thanks thumbsup

will check it out.... looks like a promising place. hope dun get poisoned. Very Happy
duncton
duncton

Back to top Go down

Post by dubdew 27th August 2009, 1:03 am

show pic...
dubdew
dubdew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next