Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
C&C claimed that 50psi pose no danger for tyres of Kia Forte!? Bullshit!!! Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
C&C claimed that 50psi pose no danger for tyres of Kia Forte!? Bullshit!!! Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
C&C claimed that 50psi pose no danger for tyres of Kia Forte!? Bullshit!!! Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
C&C claimed that 50psi pose no danger for tyres of Kia Forte!? Bullshit!!! Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
C&C claimed that 50psi pose no danger for tyres of Kia Forte!? Bullshit!!! Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
C&C claimed that 50psi pose no danger for tyres of Kia Forte!? Bullshit!!! Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
C&C claimed that 50psi pose no danger for tyres of Kia Forte!? Bullshit!!! Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
C&C claimed that 50psi pose no danger for tyres of Kia Forte!? Bullshit!!! Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
C&C claimed that 50psi pose no danger for tyres of Kia Forte!? Bullshit!!! Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

C&C claimed that 50psi pose no danger for tyres of Kia Forte!? Bullshit!!!

+6
eraser
K-Family
nothing
Jason
Fortec
bigbull
10 posters

Go down

C&C claimed that 50psi pose no danger for tyres of Kia Forte!? Bullshit!!! Empty C&C claimed that 50psi pose no danger for tyres of Kia Forte!? Bullshit!!!

Post by bigbull 30th June 2009, 1:47 pm

hi All,

I bought a Kia Forte SX 1.6 from Cycle & Carriage. Collected it on the 28 May 09.

14 May 09, I read on the forum regarding the many complaints of over-inflation of new Forte tyres pressure, so I though I should give mine a check.

To be accurate, I had all four tyres checked in the morning with my pressure gauage after a night of parking in the multi-storey carpark. To my horror, ALL four tyres shown no less than 50psi!!! The right tyre pressure should be 32psi. 18psi of extra air pressure per tyre! That means, while driven on the road and when the tyres were heated up, the air in each tyre can easily hit 55psi and above!!!

My whole entire family lives were jeopardized for that past 2 weeks while riding on four time bombs, which can easily lead to fatal accident at any time!

I contacted Cycle & Carriage and Julius Ang, Customer Care told me that their management admitted (but not whole heartedly) that there is a lapse in the check before handling over the cars to the new owners. My set of tyres were already damaged due to the over-inflation of pressure, running on the road for more than 2 weeks, under heavy rain and hot sun. I requested that they should change a new set of tyres for me but the management refused! They mentioned in the email that 50psi to 55psi is within the tolerance level and pose no danger at all! This is totally unacceptable and rubbish!

As such, a challenge was proposed to Julius Ang, Customer Care and his workshop managers to inflate their own set of tyres to above 50psi, but he refused. That had proven the truth behind that C&C is trying to hide.

As far as I know, there were more than 100 cars with over-inflated tyres when handling over to the unaware new owners within the period of May, which were mentioned in the car forums in Singapore.

For the negligence and lapse in the procedure to ensure safety aspects before handling of cars over to customers, and the decision of refusing to replace the over-inflated tyres, C&C is very unprofessional, unethical and not sincere in apologizing and accepting the facts and damage done to customers. C&C has stoop so low and is as comparable to some of those unscrupulous, unethical and dishonest car dealers in the market.

C&C is dishonorable to claims and assurance and do not live up to the name of a rightful authorized car dealers at all!

bigbull

Back to top Go down

C&C claimed that 50psi pose no danger for tyres of Kia Forte!? Bullshit!!! Empty Re: C&C claimed that 50psi pose no danger for tyres of Kia Forte!? Bullshit!!!

Post by Fortec 30th June 2009, 1:54 pm

Bro relax!

He's not wrong as 50-55psi is indeed within the tolerance level.

While it is within the limit pressure wise, it does not means it's will be optimal for tire grip and performance.

Don't worry about it, just set your tire to the pressure of your choice and move on.

How come after so long than you check your tire pressure?
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

C&C claimed that 50psi pose no danger for tyres of Kia Forte!? Bullshit!!! Empty Re: C&C claimed that 50psi pose no danger for tyres of Kia Forte!? Bullshit!!!

Post by Jason 30th June 2009, 2:04 pm

but he claim it already damage his tyre. But what kinda damage?
Jason
Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 30th June 2009, 2:06 pm

If u really intend to make it big with effect...call the newspaper and make noise over it....if not, just deflate to the right pressure and move on....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 30th June 2009, 2:06 pm

Jason wrote:but he claim it already damage his tyre. But what kinda damage?

Beats me.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbull 30th June 2009, 2:07 pm

We should get all those Forte owners whose tyres were over-inflated to come in and demand a compensation from C&C for the lapse in the safety procedure and damage done to the set of tyres! This is a serious matter! C&C had been very unprofessional when handling this matter!

We pay our hard earned money for a new car! So rightfully, we should get everything in proper from C&C when we get our new ride. If something has gone wrong somewhere, C&C should at least be apologetic and compensate in some way or another, or have the affected or damaged parts replaced!

As an authorized dealer in Singapore, as most of us car owners who felt the same, that we should get the best service from them. But C&C has failed totally in many areas, including safety and dishonesty! Mad

bigbull

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason 30th June 2009, 2:08 pm

i think it had to depend on the situation of the damage first. they wont just change the tyre for no reason.

Last edited by Jason on 30th June 2009, 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jason
Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbull 30th June 2009, 2:14 pm

Fortec wrote:Bro relax!

While it is within the limit pressure wise, it does not means it's will be optimal for tire grip and performance.

Don't worry about it, just set your tire to the pressure of your choice and move on.

Fortec, 50-55psi is not within the tolerance range. I have consulted a few people in the trade regarding this. Do u know the danger of over-inflated tyres?

What took me so long was the correspondence email and heated phone calls to C&C. I demanded to replace my set of tyres.

I am just not happy with the way C&C handle this matter, they should at least give us some free servicing as compensation or have my set of tyres replaced.

bigbull

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 30th June 2009, 2:40 pm

bigbull wrote:

Fortec, 50-55psi is not within the tolerance range. I have consulted a few people in the trade regarding this. Do u know the danger of over-inflated tyres?

What took me so long was the correspondence email and heated phone calls to C&C. I demanded to replace my set of tyres.

I am just not happy with the way C&C handle this matter, they should at least give us some free servicing as compensation or have my set of tyres replaced.

My bad, you are right, I just check the max pressure rating for the Kuhmo tire on my forte, it states Max Pressure 44PSI(take note that is for max driving pressure) they don't state the max limit pressure though.

You got a good case for argument here. Go to the Service Center and spk to the senior service manager.

You mean you know about the over inflated tires and through this period when you taken your car, you just email them and phone calls but never deflate it down?
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbull 30th June 2009, 5:07 pm

Fortec wrote:
bigbull wrote:

My bad, you are right, I just check the max pressure rating for the Kuhmo tire on my forte, it states Max Pressure 44PSI(take note that is for max driving pressure) they don't state the max limit pressure though.

You got a good case for argument here. Go to the Service Center and spk to the senior service manager.

You mean you know about the over inflated tires and through this period when you taken your car, you just email them and phone calls but never deflate it down?

I only discovered the over-inflation after my wife driove the car for more than 2 weeks after we collected it. I drive my own Civic most of the time, and only get to drive the Forte a bit longer after 2 weeks during a weekend. After the discovery, I have reduced them to 32psi. But the damaged of the tyres are already done, though u may not be able to detect it with naked eyes.

For everyone's info, 50psi is NOT within the safety and tolerance range for a 16 or 17" tyre! Mad Dun listen to the bullshit and rubbish from C&C! Evil or Very Mad I have confirmed with many people!

C&C at the moment DO NOT have any written black and white from Kia Korea to say that 50psi is within tolerance. They are just trying their luck to push the responsibility away! I have also send an email to Kia Korea and now, the whole of Asia Pacific is aware of this matter now.

bigbull

Back to top Go down

Post by K-Family 30th June 2009, 5:09 pm

bigbull wrote:hi All,

I bought a Kia Forte SX 1.6 from Cycle & Carriage. Collected it on the 28 May 09.

14 May 09, I read on the forum regarding the many complaints of over-inflation of new Forte tyres pressure, so I though I should give mine a check.

To be accurate, I had all four tyres checked in the morning with my pressure gauage after a night of parking in the multi-storey carpark. To my horror, ALL four tyres shown no less than 50psi!!! The right tyre pressure should be 32psi. 18psi of extra air pressure per tyre! That means, while driven on the road and when the tyres were heated up, the air in each tyre can easily hit 55psi and above!!!

My whole entire family lives were jeopardized for that past 2 weeks while riding on four time bombs, which can easily lead to fatal accident at any time!

I contacted Cycle & Carriage and Julius Ang, Customer Care told me that their management admitted (but not whole heartedly) that there is a lapse in the check before handling over the cars to the new owners. My set of tyres were already damaged due to the over-inflation of pressure, running on the road for more than 2 weeks, under heavy rain and hot sun. I requested that they should change a new set of tyres for me but the management refused! They mentioned in the email that 50psi to 55psi is within the tolerance level and pose no danger at all! This is totally unacceptable and rubbish!

As such, a challenge was proposed to Julius Ang, Customer Care and his workshop managers to inflate their own set of tyres to above 50psi, but he refused. That had proven the truth behind that C&C is trying to hide.

As far as I know, there were more than 100 cars with over-inflated tyres when handling over to the unaware new owners within the period of May, which were mentioned in the car forums in Singapore.

For the negligence and lapse in the procedure to ensure safety aspects before handling of cars over to customers, and the decision of refusing to replace the over-inflated tyres, C&C is very unprofessional, unethical and not sincere in apologizing and accepting the facts and damage done to customers. C&C has stoop so low and is as comparable to some of those unscrupulous, unethical and dishonest car dealers in the market.

C&C is dishonorable to claims and assurance and do not live up to the name of a rightful authorized car dealers at all!

Whoa.... Relax bro. You're upset.....so was I.

C&C has at least noted their lapse in service. The key now is to not allow it to happen anymore or lives will be in danger.

To demand replacement of tyres....we need to proof damage first. Otherwise hearsay and second opinions don't count. I am still using the overinfalted tyres but with lots of attention and care to them.

If you're really pissed, don't buy from C&C again. Don't send yr car to them for service ever and don't ever have any business dealing with them anymore. That's the best endorsement any entity can have. Laughing

I know I will/won't.

K-Family

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbull 30th June 2009, 5:23 pm

Jason wrote:but he claim it already damage his tyre. But what kinda damage?

When a tyre is over-inflated at such a high pressure, running on the road with the car loaded with 5 adults under rain and shine for more than 2 weeks, the rubber and silicon content will suffer certain degree of damage, wear and tear, which is not detectable by naked eyes. Lab test may detect the damage.

The question is: We pay so much higher price for a new car from an authorized dealer, thus, we as a customer, have the right to demand for the product at the best condition and the best after-sales services. Any overlook and negligence by the dealer is not acceptable! What C&C is doing now make them no differences between them and some of the unscrupulous PI in the market? Mad

bigbull

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbull 30th June 2009, 5:29 pm

K-Family wrote:
bigbull wrote:hi All,

Whoa.... Relax bro. You're upset.....so was I.

C&C has at least noted their lapse in service. The key now is to not allow it to happen anymore or lives will be in danger.

To demand replacement of tyres....we need to proof damage first. Otherwise hearsay and second opinions don't count. I am still using the overinfalted tyres but with lots of attention and care to them.

If you're really pissed, don't buy from C&C again. Don't send yr car to them for service ever and don't ever have any business dealing with them anymore. That's the best endorsement any entity can have. Laughing

I know I will/won't.

hi K, u are also one of them. Frankly, as an authorized car dealer, C&C need to compensate us for the lapse and negligence. We have the right to ask for it! Dun let them just brush it away so easily.

Remember, we paid for a new car, not 2nd hand car! Mad

bigbull

Back to top Go down

Post by eraser 1st July 2009, 1:38 am

bigbull wrote:hi K, u are also one of them. Frankly, as an authorized car dealer, C&C need to compensate us for the lapse and negligence. We have the right to ask for it! Dun let them just brush it away so easily.

I understand what you are going through but it would be easier if you have the support of other overinflated tyre owners too

First, email Kumho tyres and check it is safe to drive around at speed of 90km/h with the overinflated tyres of the specific pressure that you have seen and what are the damages.

Second, if the reply from Kumho is not favourable to the AD, go to CASE and show them the email. If you could or have any friend who is a lawyer or have a lawyer friend, maybe can consult them. They may or may not help depending on the returns that they could get from the case.

Third, can go to the papers and show the country how the AD thinks about other's safety. Give the AD a wake up call.

eraser

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 1st July 2009, 2:14 am

wah .. eraser , u juz gave bigbull the best solution .
so yup . now all up to him (:
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by eraser 1st July 2009, 1:07 pm

And also please take down the names of the people who attended to you, just incase they play blur blur and say you never call them

eraser

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 1st July 2009, 8:32 pm

eraser wrote:
bigbull wrote:hi K, u are also one of them. Frankly, as an authorized car dealer, C&C need to compensate us for the lapse and negligence. We have the right to ask for it! Dun let them just brush it away so easily.

I understand what you are going through but it would be easier if you have the support of other overinflated tyre owners too

First, email Kumho tyres and check it is safe to drive around at speed of 90km/h with the overinflated tyres of the specific pressure that you have seen and what are the damages.

Second, if the reply from Kumho is not favourable to the AD, go to CASE and show them the email. If you could or have any friend who is a lawyer or have a lawyer friend, maybe can consult them. They may or may not help depending on the returns that they could get from the case.

Third, can go to the papers and show the country how the AD thinks about other's safety. Give the AD a wake up call.

.....driver & pax safety compromised by AD....need to inform LTA.......
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by pauchai 2nd July 2009, 12:07 am

Just collected my ride today. Early morning sms my SE, told him about this issue, requested him to check tyre pressure for me prior collect. Sui-sui... Very Happy
pauchai
pauchai

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 2nd July 2009, 12:08 am

muff wrote:
eraser wrote:

.....driver & pax safety compromised by AD....need to inform LTA.......

If LTA fine them big big, will the fine be pass down to us? What if C&C lose the dealership or something....@_@.
Probably really last resort
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Duser 3rd July 2009, 5:12 pm

I collected the car two days back. the psi was somewhere around 35. Deflated it to 32psi.Is 32psi the norm with the stock tyres?

Duser

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 15th July 2009, 12:43 pm

So what's the outcome? Did CnC gives u a satisfactory answer with freebies throw in or? I thought the originator started off with such a big bang but so far no more news....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbull 15th July 2009, 1:24 pm

nothing wrote:So what's the outcome? Did CnC gives u a satisfactory answer with freebies throw in or? I thought the originator started off with such a big bang but so far no more news....

hi nothing, no news from me doesn't mean I am letting this matter rest.

Just got a letter from C&C couple of days ago, but just the same thing as mentioned, without any action for any compensation.

I am trying something, and hope this can work for the arrogance C&C. Evil or Very Mad

bigbull

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down