Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
My car passenger window got break in.. - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
My car passenger window got break in.. - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
My car passenger window got break in.. - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
My car passenger window got break in.. - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
My car passenger window got break in.. - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
My car passenger window got break in.. - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
My car passenger window got break in.. - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
My car passenger window got break in.. - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
My car passenger window got break in.. - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

My car passenger window got break in..

+37
Happy
newsman
junming
zmc
Divine
Tristanity
joepele
city_snap
Siaoster
eraser
greatgazoo
Terrier
PillowER
muff
mwerkz
Fortec
Jason
luvxiaobeng
scorpey
Daniel^Bigcow
nothing
amerimacka
dandeana21
nocash
FriesL
keigo
saturnz^83
lawrenceke
lukester
FeiLeong
bushi_do
tish
chamot16
kapitan
gravin
melburn
impact2001
41 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

My car passenger window got break in.. - Page 3 Empty Re: My car passenger window got break in..

Post by newsman 16th July 2009, 7:27 pm

How to avoid JB snatch thieves (without avoiding JB) My car passenger window got break in.. - Page 3 Blank
By Zaihan Mohd Yusof
BY now, you would be familiar with the early-morning snatch theft which happened on 3 Jul in Johor Baru.
A Singaporean woman and her friends were ambushed while leaving a motorcycle workshop.

My car passenger window got break in.. - Page 3 Site=tasiaonetravel&sec=a1_travel&pagepos=1&size=300X250

My car passenger window got break in.. - Page 3 B3642080

The robbers had snatched Ms Suziyana's handbag and kicked the motorcycle she was on, causing her to fall and break her thigh bone.
Soon, news began to circulate in bike forums and workshops about the unfortunate incident, with riders vowing not to enter Johor.
But why take such a drastic step?
Because there some very simple tips that could make the difference between being a potential target and being safe.
Avoid quiet roads
The streets of Johor Baru tend to be quieter as you leave the city centre.
While most roads are lit, some have dark areas.
Jalan Tun Abdul Razak (Susur 4) is famous for late-night repairs with its open-all-night bike workshops, but heading home in the dead of night is not advisable.
There are many side roads ideal for those lying in wait.
Taking short cuts through dark alleys or poorly-lit roads should also be avoided because you just never know who may be lurking in the shadows.
Keep valuables hidden
It's common to see female pillion riders with handbags slung to one side while at the same time hanging on to the rider for support.
Riders also like to use waist pouches to keep their valuables.
If you have a box or stash space under your seat, use it.
Keep bags away from your sides and place them in the centre or between yourself and your pillion.
Practise putting your wallet in the front pocket instead of your rear one.
Remember, a snatch thief only has one pass to steal from you.
If your valuables are out of the way, it will only make it harder for him to target you.
Watch the watcher
If you're at a coffee shop waiting for your motorbike to be serviced, take note of those around you.
Are there others paying too much attention to you?
When you make a move to start your motorcycle, do you see them doing the same?
If so, hold on to your horses.
Tell the restaurant owner or a passing cop about your suspicions.
Your actions could discourage a would-be snatch thief.
Ride alert
As a rider you should be conscious of the vehicles around you.
Using your mirrors, you will be able to tell if you're being tailed, or if another vehicle is too close to you.
If you feel your space is being invaded, break away or let the person overtake.
But first you must be mindful of leaving a gap between yourself and the next rider - just in case an arm or a leg stretches out to greet you.
When riding in a convoy, look out for other riders in your group, who may need help in case of an emergency.
Making a run for it on your motorcycle could be an option, but do so carefully.
Head to crowded areas, or if possible ride straight to the police station.
Don't resist
In the event of you being robbed, don't resist, especially if the robbers are armed.
They can take away your money or even your motorcycle, but all that can be reclaimed again with hard work.
Should the robbers kick you while you're riding, ignore your valuables. Your immediate priority should be to regain control of your motorcycle.
Your safety and that of your pillion is paramount.
Try to stay calm and help the police remember a description of the robbers and the motorcycle they're on.
Still, no matter how careful you are, there is nothing that could guarantee you can't be robbed while on a motorcycle.
After all, it could happen here in Singapore too.
The best is to minimise your risks, and the rest is up to a little bit of luck.[/td][/tr][/table]
newsman
newsman

Back to top Go down

My car passenger window got break in.. - Page 3 Empty Re: My car passenger window got break in..

Post by tish 16th July 2009, 8:02 pm

hmmm... ya quite true...

Can u actually believe that the hotel u stay in where u parked ur expensive car. The bell boy might have a part in informing the car thief that a nice car is here to steal...
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 16th July 2009, 11:02 pm

tish wrote:hmmm... ya quite true...

Can u actually believe that the hotel u stay in where u parked ur expensive car. The bell boy might have a part in informing the car thief that a nice car is here to steal...

i wont be surprised if that really happens
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy 17th July 2009, 1:33 am

Sorry to hear what had happened to yr car, bro impact. Neutral
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritseye 17th July 2009, 1:54 am

Yea, JB is indeed darn dangerous.

I frequently travel to JB and sometimes stay overnight there. Took all the necessary precautions listed by bro daniel and thankfully nothing happened.

Just to add on, always try to park into a lot HEAD FIRST and subsequently turn your steering so as your front tyres are not straight. Discourages the 'towing crews'.

Only was 'robbed' by their cops. Seriously though, I spit on their blue uniform! Daylight robbers!
Spiritseye
Spiritseye

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 17th July 2009, 5:24 pm

just dont forget the tow crew can use oil to drag ur car out also, still best to chain over some pillars... but a risk of chain cutters...
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 17th July 2009, 5:25 pm

got to act like Mr Bean liao lol!
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 18th July 2009, 12:46 pm

tish wrote:just dont forget the tow crew can use oil to drag ur car out also, still best to chain over some pillars... but a risk of chain cutters...

you mean like squirt oil on the ground below your tires?
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 18th July 2009, 12:48 pm

ya, thats what our ZMC bro quote wad Smile
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritseye 18th July 2009, 1:24 pm

These car robbers can tink of anything!!! Why diun they use their intellect for something else???
Spiritseye
Spiritseye

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 20th July 2009, 11:38 pm

hahaa.. this thread still haven't die down huh..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 21st July 2009, 12:25 am

reminds me of a cartoon where the guy planted a C4 in his car. One day, someone broke into his car and drove off. He saw it some miles away and pressed on the switch... KABOOM!
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 21st July 2009, 12:27 am

C4.... that was too much... I come across an US advertisment... There is no better car anti hackjack system than having moneky in your car... haha.. Will knock out the robber with spanner and then throw him over the bridge to the river... pig
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 21st July 2009, 12:31 am

ZMC people can install a remote engine and/or fuel line cut-off if you opt for it. When someone breaks in, the remote controller will alarm you and you can play around with the screen to disable the car before the thief drive out of the signal range. cool eh? Smile
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by yummyking77 21st July 2009, 12:36 am

hi Impact bro,

sorry to hear yr incident in JB, i used to go in weekly for pump and makan when driving my old car, now with my new ride, just pump n u turn.. our new ride is too flashy,imho.

yummyking77

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 21st July 2009, 11:48 am

The White Cruiser wrote:ZMC people can install a remote engine and/or fuel line cut-off if you opt for it. When someone breaks in, the remote controller will alarm you and you can play around with the screen to disable the car before the thief drive out of the signal range. cool eh? Smile
the problem is ur remote wont sound if u are in shopping centre with hundreds of walls n pillars n cellings blocking, not to mention if they tow the car, fuel or engine cut only slow them down af ew hours when they make it serviceable for sale...
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 21st July 2009, 1:00 pm

PArk head in, steering wheel lock so that tires face opp direction from wall, then bring out your own wheel clamp, clamp all 4 wheels and make sure they cannot drag the car out, unless forklifted.

all else fail, dun go JB, or rather just go pump petrol then come out immediately
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 21st July 2009, 2:30 pm

lukester wrote:PArk head in, steering wheel lock so that tires face opp direction from wall, then bring out your own wheel clamp, clamp all 4 wheels and make sure they cannot drag the car out, unless forklifted.

all else fail, dun go JB, or rather just go pump petrol then come out immediately
LOL, if inside shopping centre, maybe still abit hard to tow due to slop n security barrier ... alot of questions ma...
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3