Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
OPC License plate from squarish to rectangular in C&C Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
OPC License plate from squarish to rectangular in C&C Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
OPC License plate from squarish to rectangular in C&C Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
OPC License plate from squarish to rectangular in C&C Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
OPC License plate from squarish to rectangular in C&C Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
OPC License plate from squarish to rectangular in C&C Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
OPC License plate from squarish to rectangular in C&C Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
OPC License plate from squarish to rectangular in C&C Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
OPC License plate from squarish to rectangular in C&C Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

OPC License plate from squarish to rectangular in C&C

+8
kapitan
nofears
dyan
Blacks
epin
dandeana21
chiewjy
jackohy
12 posters

Go down

OPC License plate from squarish to rectangular in C&C Empty OPC License plate from squarish to rectangular in C&C

Post by jackohy 26th June 2009, 2:28 am

Hi,

Just wanted to check if any of the bro or sis here managed to request C&C to change their OPC license plate from squarish to rectangular shape before collection?

My SE told me that their workshop are unable to do that. Reason is that LTA says that C&C must conform to the picture of cerato forte (squarish license plate) that was sent to them or else they wouldn't do the OPC sealing. Shocked Shocked Shocked

If they've done the sealing on the original (squarish) plate, the next time when i wanted to change to the rectangular place, there will be a lobang at the front due to the drilling of the seal and the new plate will not be able to cover the hole.

jackohy

Back to top Go down

OPC License plate from squarish to rectangular in C&C Empty Re: OPC License plate from squarish to rectangular in C&C

Post by chiewjy 26th June 2009, 10:34 pm

Mine's square too.. My SE said C&C dun do rectangular plates for OPC.. Prob also cuz of LTA sealing.
chiewjy
chiewjy

Back to top Go down

OPC License plate from squarish to rectangular in C&C Empty Re: OPC License plate from squarish to rectangular in C&C

Post by dandeana21 26th June 2009, 10:42 pm

har.. C&C so dumb one.. shld hv anticipate tt ppl will go for rectangular plate.. now cannot change liao.. Sad
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by epin 26th June 2009, 11:44 pm

Few weeks ago, I've check with LTA n dey say that we nid to go to the shop n ask the shop to sign n stamp on the LTA approval form, after which we have to go to LTA n get it approve. After approval, den we can go back to the shop n do the changes. Is that true?.. Cos i personally called them leh... Dey even say no nid to pay LTA, jus pay the shop that's doing the plate for u....
epin
epin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacks 27th June 2009, 1:25 am

Like that simple then i want to change also. The square plate look out of proportion with the car's outlook.
Blacks
Blacks

Back to top Go down

Post by dyan 27th June 2009, 1:07 pm

Yeah FOS, i oso wanna get it done..its so ugly..

dyan

Back to top Go down

Post by chiewjy 27th June 2009, 6:30 pm

Sounds like it's possible, just dat u've prob gotta pressure ur SE to go thru the hassle for u..

FYI, I looked behind my red square plate and realised that a hole was cut thru my grill so that the LTA seal can be attached to the car body. Which means dat next time if I chg to a rect. plate I've gotta replace my grill too otherwise can see a gaping hole.
chiewjy
chiewjy

Back to top Go down

Post by nofears 27th June 2009, 9:00 pm

For Non-OPC cars, are the plates in front and back square or rectangle?

nofears

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 27th June 2009, 9:53 pm

nofears wrote:For Non-OPC cars, are the plates in front and back square or rectangle?

Front is square and back is long....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by nofears 27th June 2009, 10:21 pm

kapitan wrote:
nofears wrote:For Non-OPC cars, are the plates in front and back square or rectangle?

Front is square and back is long....

Thanks ... think I need to request a change for the front, I prefer rectangle for the front as well.

nofears

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 28th June 2009, 11:28 pm

i tried to change but got almost the same answer like most of u.. therefore the so called solution is like a "re-do" of opc plate.. i ended up i sticked to the standard CnC plate.. FYI, *touch wood* if the plate crack or damage.. u guys can make use of the opportunity to request for the rectangular plate.. bascially they break the seal.. redo the plate and seal it back for u.. but do take note tat for rectangular plate.. they may need to drill a hole for the seal into the bumper..
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 29th June 2009, 1:11 am

Drill hole... that hurts. ... Sad
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 29th June 2009, 11:15 am

Hey question......for non-OPC cars, will there be the same problem??

Will there be that hole there is wanna change to rectangular??

Anyone know how much to change??
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 29th June 2009, 11:27 am

Bigcow wrote:Hey question......for non-OPC cars, will there be the same problem??

Will there be that hole there is wanna change to rectangular??

Anyone know how much to change??

nay, no problem for non OPC.... only holes are on the bumper itself, the black plastic backing is screwed onto the bumper.

How much to change is depending on what you want. Many of the forummers here only change the plate, but not the frame and the plastic back. So that is mimimal cost, one front plate $30-$50.

What I did was different, I change the whole damned thing, back and front, i.e., plastic back, to be the same length as the plate, changed the frames to chrome, both front and back and changed the plates to reflective type, white front, yellow behind... cost? not cheap.

OPC License plate from squarish to rectangular in C&C Front-1
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 29th June 2009, 11:38 am

Ahh I see. Ok ok. :-)

But if I only change the plate, like most ppl, would it look odd?? :-)

Ohh from your reply, I have 2 more questions. Firstly, why is it that the white number plates, always have to have the yellow behind?? Was thinking a white car with both front and back white plates will look damn nice!! Same with yellow car with both yellow plates!! :-) Any particular reason to that?? :-)

2ndly, is it possible to like fit a number plate that can hide itself or display another set of numbers just by pressing a button in the inside of the car?? Hehehehe!! :-) You know like use a fake number plate when you speeding in msian highways!! Then see road block, immediately press button and your original number plate is displayed. So wont get summoned!! Hehehehe!! :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 29th June 2009, 11:53 am

Bigcow wrote:Ahh I see. Ok ok. :-)

Ohh from your reply, I have 2 more questions. Firstly, why is it that the white number plates, always have to have the yellow behind?? Was thinking a white car with both front and back white plates will look damn nice!! Same with yellow car with both yellow plates!! :-) Any particular reason to that?? :-)

2ndly, is it possible to like fit a number plate that can hide itself or display another set of numbers just by pressing a button in the inside of the car?? Hehehehe!! :-) You know like use a fake number plate when you speeding in msian highways!! Then see road block, immediately press button and your original number plate is displayed. So wont get summoned!! Hehehehe!! :-)

Look odd or not, to each his/her own....

white front and yellow behind, LTA rules....

of course you can, you dare?
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 29th June 2009, 12:05 pm

kapitan wrote:

Ahh I see. :-) Dare?? Well, if i was driving a msian car, I would probably dare to do so. And whats more, no need every year go for 'checkup' like over here!! Sigh.... :-(

You mean its possible ahh?? Works like a auto side mirrors I guess?? :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 29th June 2009, 12:08 pm

Bigcow wrote:
kapitan wrote:

Ahh I see. :-) Dare?? Well, if i was driving a msian car, I would probably dare to do so. And whats more, no need every year go for 'checkup' like over here!! Sigh.... :-(

You mean its possible ahh?? Works like a auto side mirrors I guess?? :-)

Anything is possible if you have deep pockets....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 29th June 2009, 12:21 pm

Sigh!! Called my SE, asked if can change my front plates to rectangular instead of square, she said everything done already, cannot change!! :-(

@!#$#$$#%!!!! If everything done already then why cant I collect my car like.....NOW!!! Sigh.... :-(
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 29th June 2009, 4:14 pm

Bigcow wrote:Sigh!! Called my SE, asked if can change my front plates to rectangular instead of square, she said everything done already, cannot change!! :-(

@!#$#$$#%!!!! If everything done already then why cant I collect my car like.....NOW!!! Sigh.... :-(
u should inform her before she register with LTA, else its really hard to do it
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 30th June 2009, 10:17 am

Sigh!! :-( But now if I wanna change, I can just change rite?? Or need to inform LTA and all that nonsense?? Square and rectangular only what rite?? Not much difference also??
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 30th June 2009, 10:24 am

Bigcow wrote:Sigh!! :-( But now if I wanna change, I can just change rite?? Or need to inform LTA and all that nonsense?? Square and rectangular only what rite?? Not much difference also??

If you are willing to spend about $400, you can get it done, with all the approvals etc... that was the price I was told by the shop.
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 30th June 2009, 10:35 am

Hahaha!! But mine not OPC plate wor?? Thought someone said like $30-$50 can already?? Just wondering if have to submit any application for approval or not??
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 30th June 2009, 10:39 am

Yes, about $400 is for OPC plate. The shop will have to inform LTA, the LTA officer would have to break the seals. Then the shop will replace the plates, after which LTA will replace with new seals and of course note down the numbers and input the data into the system etc etc, all these are time consuming and of course time is money.

For non OPC, of course the cheap way is about $30 to $50.
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 30th June 2009, 10:44 am

Thanks bro!! Just need to know whether need to submit any approvals for non-OPC. Then if thats the case, will bring my car go change the number plates immediately once I get it if I have the time. Most prob go get the alarms fitted in too. :-)

Was thinking of putting in an immobilizer but think will leave that for later. One time do all, strain on pocket. :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 30th June 2009, 11:36 am

Bigcow wrote:Thanks bro!! Just need to know whether need to submit any approvals for non-OPC. Then if thats the case, will bring my car go change the number plates immediately once I get it if I have the time. Most prob go get the alarms fitted in too. :-)

Was thinking of putting in an immobilizer but think will leave that for later. One time do all, strain on pocket. :-)

if ur car is not a "weekend car" aka non red plater, u can change anytime anywhere u like, just dont use those illegal ones can liao Smile
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 30th June 2009, 11:45 am

Ahh I see!! Thanks. First thing I shall get done. Dunno why but to me, I dun like the square plate. :-)

Next thing is the alarm. Then the thing I mention in my PM to you. :-)

Think should get all done by next month if $$ permits. Have 2 weddings next month, 1 in KL!! Gonna have to spend. Sigh.... :-(

Will my friends just stop getting married??!! Sigh... :-( Then I can spend on my new 'wife'!! :-)

Weddings...2007=10, 2008=14, 2009=8 (so far that is).
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by epin 30th June 2009, 12:55 pm

aiyoh 400??... Gulp... If like dat den nevermind la... I'll take a look at other poison available... Haiz...
epin
epin

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 30th June 2009, 2:40 pm

Jus to share my view on OPC rectangular plate.. at first i thot the square one not as nice.. but after collecting my car yesterday and looking at it for a while.. it's not tat bad lah.. they did it quite nicely with the seal avoiding going thr the bumper.. in my previous old ride, they just drilled into it.. dun knw true anot.. my SE told me no hole is better if u wanna sell ur car in the future.. anyway i think i can live with it now Smile so unless *touch wood* somethg happened to the plate.. then i will change to the rect ones which involve all those tedious procedures.. and $ else i will stick to this OPC plate! Smile
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by jackohy 1st July 2009, 1:21 am

Scorpey, its true that the sealing avoid drilling thru your bumper. Cos it drill into the grills below the bumper. So next time you change your plate to a rectangular, you have to change your grills too.

Anyway sorry for the long pause in my story as i just collected my car yesterday. I checked LTA regarding what my SE says and LTA denied that there is such practice. So i confronted my SE and even offered to pay for the rectangle plate but he told me that its not possible to do for one car as the default is squarish.

Our conversation was a bit heated and he told me that if i insisted he will check again with his C&C mechanic and that if its possible, there will be a delay (which he dun know till when) in my car collection. In the end, he told me that the mechanic told him its possible but it will be veri ugly due the drilling of the seal in 1 corner, causing the other side to protude out. I can't be bother to argue so i accept the squarish plate lor.

Anyway to be fair, he installed a free one-way alarm for me and informing "only" my car has it (out of all his client). I'm just gonna enjoy my ride.

jackohy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down