Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Those who traded-in your ride to AD pls come in Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Those who traded-in your ride to AD pls come in Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Those who traded-in your ride to AD pls come in Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Those who traded-in your ride to AD pls come in Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Those who traded-in your ride to AD pls come in Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Those who traded-in your ride to AD pls come in Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Those who traded-in your ride to AD pls come in Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Those who traded-in your ride to AD pls come in Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Those who traded-in your ride to AD pls come in Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Those who traded-in your ride to AD pls come in

+6
dandeana21
nothing
leedevil
Slow Ryder
saturnz^83
nofears
10 posters

Go down

Those who traded-in your ride to AD pls come in Empty Those who traded-in your ride to AD pls come in

Post by nofears 21st June 2009, 11:55 pm

Hi,

Just wondering for those who traded in your ride, please tell me if you could get your insurance & road-tax refunded? Also what body value did you get?

For the road-tax refund, does lta have an online calculation? I can't seem to find that out. Also is there anything else that I might be missing out $ wise?

Thanks.

nofears

Back to top Go down

Those who traded-in your ride to AD pls come in Empty Re: Those who traded-in your ride to AD pls come in

Post by saturnz^83 22nd June 2009, 12:11 am

When i traded in my previous Cerato Variant 1 to C&C, there was no refund on the insurance and i also need not pay for this year's insurance. What was refunded to me was the balance of the bank loan which i had owed.
For road tax..not too sure as mine was an OPC previously.
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Those who traded-in your ride to AD pls come in Empty Re: Those who traded-in your ride to AD pls come in

Post by nofears 22nd June 2009, 12:12 am

saturnz^83 wrote:When i traded in my previous Cerato Variant 1 to C&C, there was no refund on the insurance and i also need not pay for this year's insurance. What was refunded to me was the balance of the bank loan which i had owed.

Thanks Saturnz for the reply, was both the insurance companies the same?

nofears

Back to top Go down

Post by Slow Ryder 22nd June 2009, 12:17 am

Hi nofears, Thats depend on your old ride is it export out or re-sales at used car market, export out will de-register the car and can have the balance road tax refund, as for insurance, check with your current insurance company.
Slow Ryder
Slow Ryder

Back to top Go down

Post by nofears 22nd June 2009, 12:19 am

My insurance company told me no refund cause it's less than 6 months. It's a different company from AIG so I guess it's a loss on that. As for road tax, they claim it's scrap but I'm not sure what they would do. Is there any proof that I need from them to state that it's gonna be exported?

nofears

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 22nd June 2009, 12:33 am

nofears wrote:
saturnz^83 wrote:When i traded in my previous Cerato Variant 1 to C&C, there was no refund on the insurance and i also need not pay for this year's insurance. What was refunded to me was the balance of the bank loan which i had owed.

Thanks Saturnz for the reply, was both the insurance companies the same?

Yes..insurance co is the same..under AIG..my previous ride was traded in to the dealer engaged by KIA Motors and if i'm not wrong..it had already told to another party. My ride was onli 2 yrs plus.
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by Slow Ryder 22nd June 2009, 12:55 am

nofears, only car less than 5 years can be exported, more than 5 years either scrap or re-sale at used car market. should be able to check on LTA web site or the used car agent.
Slow Ryder
Slow Ryder

Back to top Go down

Post by leedevil 22nd June 2009, 1:41 am

Mmm...for me my insurance left 3-4 mths and left $220+ bucks and jus got the check...i went to the insurance company and cancel it myself...as for the road tax rebate still waiting for exporter side(i did not trade in to C&C) to inform me how much balance...whether export or scrap doesnt really matters to me liao..haha

leedevil

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 22nd June 2009, 8:55 am

I trade-in my old ride, cancel my insurance with Aunty Lucy and got my refund after 1 week, pretty fast...road tax not too sure didin't really bother bcos left only a month...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 22nd June 2009, 11:14 am

there's no refund for road tax coz it's tagged to ur car, but u can try neg with the AD for the refund of the road tax (which is not likely tt they will give - they will always say the price given includes the road tax). As for insurance, juz call ur insurance agent to do the cancellation for u. I forgot to do mine until 1 mth later.. haha.. anyway, still can get back some money.. better than nothing.. hiak hiak hiak.. Razz
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by humbug 2nd August 2009, 9:52 am

B4 u do any trade-in with their in-hse, advisable to check with 2nd hand car dealer outside first hor. you will be pleasantly surprise by the big margin of savin.

humbug

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 2nd August 2009, 10:18 am

will get the insurance back. road tax is less than one month - so i didnt bother oso. as for the trade in... 7 years oredi so didnt bother much...

just a question, for those who traded in with CnC, did u get ur car fast or in time?
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by humbug 2nd August 2009, 10:28 am

my case its 5k difference. usual insurance will refund you the money. For Road Tax if car scrape, ROV will refund.

humbug

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 2nd August 2009, 12:15 pm

my road tax & insurance were only 2 weeks old when i handed-in my previous ride.....the insurance $ refunded to me is pro-rated and only based on 80% of the premium paid + dealer full commission (paid $800+ and insured for two weeks and get back $600+ only). Different insurance company has different sets of rules....remember to read the small print on your insurance contract....

As for road tax, I managed to get a full pro-rated refund since my car has been exported.....

both road tax & insurance refund are handed by my SE since I traded-in my car with a CnC's dealer...
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by nofears 2nd August 2009, 12:44 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies, did you all have to leave your physical NRIC with the dealer for a day to settle the transaction?

nofears

Back to top Go down

Post by humbug 2nd August 2009, 1:51 pm

nofears wrote:Hi All,

Thanks for the replies, did you all have to leave your physical NRIC with the dealer for a day to settle the transaction?

yes.

humbug

Back to top Go down

Post by jameshong 2nd August 2009, 4:01 pm

Try not to trade in to C&C as their price different compare to market is 4K++ as quoted from them.

Insurance can get back pro-rated but road tax depend on whether export, scrap or sell locally. For locally use, no insurance rebate but export or scrap, LTA will send cheque to you directly once tranaction successfully done.
jameshong
jameshong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down