Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C?

+36
leedevil
BluRz
kysoong
joe
Terrier
mwerkz
Divine
dav2011
HoLH123
impact2001
Cypher
whyeme
JayJ
greatgazoo
lordhawk
dandeana21
ano57
muff
nocash
Leonard
ckpay
eraser
graysgerald79
dinkodink
jkit
dreamzzlandz
kapitan
tish
nothing
fonefun610
cboonh
luvxiaobeng
Juz@kid
Fortec
vanilor
Fortei
40 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C? Empty What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C?

Post by Fortei 22nd April 2009, 1:29 am

Hi Bruddas and Sistas,

Can i know what should i be particular aware when i collect my car?
Cheers...

pig
Fortei
Fortei

Back to top Go down

What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C? Empty Re: What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C?

Post by vanilor 22nd April 2009, 1:46 am

exterior more impt..check esp the paintwork..tyre n rims scratches..

make sure u get the ipod cable n bluetooth kit. rikecool warranty card if any..

vanilor

Back to top Go down

What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C? Empty Re: What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C?

Post by Fortec 22nd April 2009, 1:47 am

There are some standard checklist for collecting new cars on the net, can try google for them.

Basically

1) Appearance is acceptable (no marks/scratches/anything u don't like)
2) All lights working (signals, hazzard, fog, reverse, high beam, interior lights)
3) Horn working
4) Door entry (manual and remote)
5) Bonnet, Booth and Doors functional check
6) Back seats, Front seats (those that are suppose to move are moving)
7) All the electronics (windows, side mirrors, rear view mirror, gauges, sound, usb, bluetooth)
8) All gears engage properly
9) Handbrakes
10) Spare tyre and basic jack equipment
11) Whatever freebies you are suppose to get is there
12) Exhaust fumes, brake sounds, suspension sound if any
13) The regular engine compartment check (coolent, Eng oil, Tran oil, clutch fluid, brake fluid, water etc etc)
14) Paperwork, Road tax, insurance, invoices, warranty cards etc etc
15) Most important, take your time and make sure you are totally satisfied.

Good luck to your new ride!
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortei 22nd April 2009, 1:53 am

vanilor wrote:exterior more impt..check esp the paintwork..tyre n rims scratches..

make sure u get the ipod cable n bluetooth kit. rikecool warranty card if any..

Mine is EX model, i tink no bluetooth kit and rikecool wor... maybe got ipod cable nia... Crying or Very sad
Fortei
Fortei

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortei 22nd April 2009, 1:55 am

Fortec wrote:There are some standard checklist for collecting new cars on the net, can try google for them.

Basically

1) Appearance is acceptable (no marks/scratches/anything u don't like)
2) All lights working (signals, hazzard, fog, reverse, high beam, interior lights)
3) Horn working
4) Door entry (manual and remote)
5) Bonnet, Booth and Doors functional check
6) Back seats, Front seats (those that are suppose to move are moving)
7) All the electronics (windows, side mirrors, rear view mirror, gauges, sound, usb, bluetooth)
8) All gears engage properly
9) Handbrakes
10) Spare tyre and basic jack equipment
11) Whatever freebies you are suppose to get is there
12) Exhaust fumes, brake sounds, suspension sound if any
13) The regular engine compartment check (coolent, Eng oil, Tran oil, clutch fluid, brake fluid, water etc etc)
14) Paperwork, Road tax, insurance, invoices, warranty cards etc etc
15) Most important, take your time and make sure you are totally satisfied.

Good luck to your new ride!

WOW, i tink i spend at least half a day there... lol!
Fortei
Fortei

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 22nd April 2009, 4:51 am

better to spend half a day or many many hrs than regret later... clown
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by luvxiaobeng 22nd April 2009, 11:59 am

ya... that was what i thought as well.... n don't be too chin chye... Like tat time when we went to collect our car notice tat the forte word was slanting very badly... spoke to my SE she say nothing she can do about it.... It's not on their checklist WTF.... Should have trouble her all the way to rectify the problem.... (althought it is a very small one) Since she earn so much commission from me mah... never gif me free gif....
luvxiaobeng
luvxiaobeng

Back to top Go down

Post by cboonh 22nd April 2009, 12:27 pm

luvxiaobeng wrote:ya... that was what i thought as well.... n don't be too chin chye... Like tat time when we went to collect our car notice tat the forte word was slanting very badly... spoke to my SE she say nothing she can do about it.... It's not on their checklist WTF.... Should have trouble her all the way to rectify the problem.... (althought it is a very small one) Since she earn so much commission from me mah... never gif me free gif....

Yup I agree! Once you sign on the receive form, most of the liabilities are transferred to you, and the SE's job is as good as finished. He/She will not be obligated to talk to you anymore (other than GOODWILL confirmation). So anything that you're not comfortable with, please make sure you made your concerns heard and do record down officially the agreements made/defects found. Verbal agreements will leave you VERY vunerable. Prepare to spend a little more time now than regret later. There's a very comprehensive checklist that's floating around, but that one quite fierce, if you're able to cover most of it, you should be covered ba.
cboonh
cboonh

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortei 23rd April 2009, 11:31 am

i totally agree.... i will picky then.. LOLx
Fortei
Fortei

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 28th April 2009, 5:50 pm

going to collect car soon.. but i know nuts about under the bonnet. how arh?

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 28th April 2009, 6:09 pm

fonefun610 wrote:going to collect car soon.. but i know nuts about under the bonnet. how arh?

Get a friend or relative who got a rough idea to come along.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 28th April 2009, 6:12 pm

alamak... cannot find anyone at this time... collecting car in 1 hour.

is there some kind of marking on the fluid container or dipstick so once i see the liquid passes that level means ok?

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortei 28th April 2009, 6:22 pm

hw i wish i can collect my car too... sobz...
Fortei
Fortei

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 28th April 2009, 6:22 pm

fonefun610 wrote:alamak... cannot find anyone at this time... collecting car in 1 hour.

is there some kind of marking on the fluid container or dipstick so once i see the liquid passes that level means ok?

Don't worry, pop the bonnet and ask yr SE to point out where's the location of the dipstick for auto fluid and engine oil...pull out the dipstick and clean off 100% oil residue from it, dip in straight back and pull out again to check, there are indicators stamping on the dipstick, self-explanatory....after that check your radiator coolant lever, pop open your air filter box and check filter is inside..don't know where, just ask SE no need to paiseh....start engine, listen for abnormal sound, new ride should just hear humming sound...check all lights, headlight, signal, brake light (ask SE to step on brake and u go behind and see).....drive the car forward and try reversing to change reverse sensor....check your headunit, aircon, interior lights, etc..then proceed to check all the levels in the car, those that release fuel cap and boot....happy, off engine, close the door and lock with remote (test yr remote functions)...if yours didn't comes with sunfilm, try all the windows functions unless got stickers placed over it remind u to try only after 48 hrs due to application of sunfilm....sorry I trying to type asap bcos u collecting ride in 1 hr times....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortei 28th April 2009, 6:25 pm

nothing, u explained very detailed even when u r rushing... imagine u r not rushing !!!! hahahaha
Fortei
Fortei

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 28th April 2009, 6:26 pm

okok, thanks bros. I print out and bring this thread along. hehe...

when it comes to exterior, i think i'm quite meticulous, but interior-wise, really noob ah.

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 28th April 2009, 6:28 pm

Fortei wrote:nothing, u explained very detailed even when u r rushing... imagine u r not rushing !!!! hahahaha

haha..I scare he got no time to read the post..at least he have something in mind roughly what to do....first time usually very excited when collecting car....even this is my second time, I also will feel excited, like getting a new toy, except much bigger n relatively expensive... Laughing Laughing
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 28th April 2009, 6:30 pm

Very Happy totally agree. I really feel like getting a big expensive toy. Very Happy

ur reply made it just in time. i'm setting off soon. taking a bus there.

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortei 28th April 2009, 6:33 pm

If my car is OPC, and i go collect it within 7am and 7pm, does CnC give me a OPC coupon or i have to buy from them?
Fortei
Fortei

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortei 28th April 2009, 6:34 pm

fonefun610 wrote:Very Happy totally agree. I really feel like getting a big expensive toy. Very Happy

I am so envious of you... cheers where u stay by the way bro fonefun?
Fortei
Fortei

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 29th April 2009, 10:48 am

nothing wrote:
haha..I scare he got no time to read the post..at least he have something in mind roughly what to do....first time usually very excited when collecting car....even this is my second time, I also will feel excited, like getting a new toy, except much bigger n relatively expensive... Laughing Laughing

Collected my car already. Really thanks bro. In the end, I didn't check under the bonnet, just open up and see see eye power only. But I got my SE to give me a verbal agreement that anything wrong under the bonnet, she will remedy for me foc.

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 29th April 2009, 10:49 am

Fortei wrote:
fonefun610 wrote:Very Happy totally agree. I really feel like getting a big expensive toy. Very Happy

heh heh... sensitive question. i stay west side lah, u? Smile

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 29th April 2009, 10:53 am

Fortei wrote:If my car is OPC, and i go collect it within 7am and 7pm, does CnC give me a OPC coupon or i have to buy from them?

Mine is an OPC too. I hinted that I wanted to collect in the day time between 7am and 7pm, then my SE hinted that I need to bring along an OPC coupon if I want to collect during the daytime. So I suppose it depends on how u squeeze ur SE lor. My squeezing skill no good. Embarassed

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 29th April 2009, 11:05 am

hmm, if opc, shoulc collect the car on sat/sun ?

so no need waste $20 ? and weekend no need work ?
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 29th April 2009, 11:10 am

i collected last night at 6.30pm. After inspection, about 8pm already. Warehouse brightly lit so no problem checking for defects.

And they work half day on Sat and rest on Sun, so even more difficult for OPC.

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 29th April 2009, 11:28 am

fonefun610 wrote:i collected last night at 6.30pm. After inspection, about 8pm already. Warehouse brightly lit so no problem checking for defects.

And they work half day on Sat and rest on Sun, so even more difficult for OPC.

Wah, power leh u....1h30mins for inspection! All gone well I suppose Very Happy

How many heads have u turn so far with your forte?
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 29th April 2009, 11:40 am

fonefun610 wrote:
nothing wrote:

Collected my car already. Really thanks bro. In the end, I didn't check under the bonnet, just open up and see see eye power only. But I got my SE to give me a verbal agreement that anything wrong under the bonnet, she will remedy for me foc.

happy for u! Very Happy U collected at Pandan Garden or Ubi?
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 29th April 2009, 12:18 pm

Fortec wrote:

Is the bros here say dun paiseh take my time one, so i really take my time lor. by the time i left, i'm the only person left in the warehouse. even the cleaning auntie come and see finish already or not so she can lock up the place, i also a bit paiseh... Embarassed

spotted some problems with the solarfilm but SE say go back to solarfilm company to ask them redo leh.

oh ya, my cerato word also slanted, bo bian, 1k inspection bring up the problem again.

so far got turn a few heads, becos i drive too slowly in the *left* lane. haha... Razz

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 29th April 2009, 12:20 pm

nothing wrote:
happy for u! Very Happy U collected at Pandan Garden or Ubi?

Pandan Gardens.

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 29th April 2009, 12:22 pm

I collected mine in the evning 7plus too, though not an OPC.... because I just deplaned... yes, was coming home from overseas, plane touched down 6.30 pm, came straight out of airport, hopped into taxi and away I went to Ubi showroom.... with my luggage and all, somemore in suit... the rest of SEs must be thinking I crazy....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 29th April 2009, 12:23 pm

fonefun610 wrote:
Fortec wrote:

Is the bros here say dun paiseh take my time one, so i really take my time lor. by the time i left, i'm the only person left in the warehouse. even the cleaning auntie come and see finish already or not so she can lock up the place, i also a bit paiseh... Embarassed

spotted some problems with the solarfilm but SE say go back to solarfilm company to ask them redo leh.

oh ya, my cerato word also slanted, bo bian, 1k inspection bring up the problem again.

so far got turn a few heads, becos i drive too slowly in the *left* lane. haha... Razz

bro, u got the warranty card and cables?
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by luvxiaobeng 29th April 2009, 12:24 pm

Wah... No need to be pai say wat.... You gif them $$$ leh.... ANyway... you spent so long found those problem then still sign for the car they happy liao lor.... haha imagine those niao once see solar flim got problem, see the words slanted tell SE.... I come back in a weeks time you retify the problems first.... wah lau.... tell you the SE sure curse & swear.... Very Happy
luvxiaobeng
luvxiaobeng

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortei 29th April 2009, 12:25 pm

fonefun610 wrote:
Fortei wrote:

heh heh... sensitive question. i stay west side lah, u? Smile

i stay in the west too... quite a number of us stay in the west...
Fortei
Fortei

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 29th April 2009, 12:25 pm

tish wrote:bro, u got the warranty card and cables?

ya, warranty cards (except leather seats) and cables. SE say leather seats no need separate warranty as it is covered for 1yr by C&C.

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortei 29th April 2009, 12:27 pm

luvxiaobeng wrote:Wah... No need to be pai say wat.... You gif them $$$ leh.... ANyway... you spent so long found those problem then still sign for the car they happy liao lor.... haha imagine those niao once see solar flim got problem, see the words slanted tell SE.... I come back in a weeks time you retify the problems first.... wah lau.... tell you the SE sure curse & swear.... Very Happy

Maybe i will do that, haha...
Fortei
Fortei

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 29th April 2009, 12:28 pm

luvxiaobeng wrote:Wah... No need to be pai say wat.... You gif them $$$ leh.... ANyway... you spent so long found those problem then still sign for the car they happy liao lor.... haha imagine those niao once see solar flim got problem, see the words slanted tell SE.... I come back in a weeks time you retify the problems first.... wah lau.... tell you the SE sure curse & swear.... Very Happy

It's an internal struggle... I want my ride now yet I want it perfect... In the end, I choose to collect first then maintain a good relationship with SE so still can "cham seong" if anything i want to complain after taking over.

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamzzlandz 29th April 2009, 2:22 pm

fonefun610 wrote:

This is so funny!!!! LOLz...... drive too slowly!! but you spent 1hr 30mins to inspeact your car..is that considered long? I bet you brought a checklist and magnifying glass as well... lol!
dreamzzlandz
dreamzzlandz

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamzzlandz 29th April 2009, 2:24 pm

kapitan wrote:I collected mine in the evning 7plus too, though not an OPC.... because I just deplaned... yes, was coming home from overseas, plane touched down 6.30 pm, came straight out of airport, hopped into taxi and away I went to Ubi showroom.... with my luggage and all, somemore in suit... the rest of SEs must be thinking I crazy....

kapitian , think the SEs must be thinking you dress so nicely to collect your forte!! lol!

you guys are so funny!!!! lol!
dreamzzlandz
dreamzzlandz

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 29th April 2009, 2:32 pm

dreamzzlandz wrote:
This is so funny!!!! LOLz...... drive too slowly!! but you spent 1hr 30mins to inspeact your car..is that considered long? I bet you brought a checklist and magnifying glass as well... lol!

Haven't been driving for many years liao mah... so drive slowly and creep along in the left lane lor. lol!

And, I actually printed out and brought the checklist along! no magnifying glass lah, so paiseh... lol!

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamzzlandz 29th April 2009, 2:38 pm

lol! fonefun610, can share with us your checklist?
dreamzzlandz
dreamzzlandz

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 29th April 2009, 2:40 pm

dreamzzlandz wrote: lol! fonefun610, can share with us your checklist?

it's this thread lor. i just printed out this thread. thanks to all the bro and sis here! Very Happy

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 29th April 2009, 2:45 pm

kapitan wrote:I collected mine in the evning 7plus too, though not an OPC.... because I just deplaned... yes, was coming home from overseas, plane touched down 6.30 pm, came straight out of airport, hopped into taxi and away I went to Ubi showroom.... with my luggage and all, somemore in suit... the rest of SEs must be thinking I crazy....

serious har bro.... affraid affraid for a moment all e SEs might be thinking dat u sum big shot cummin in to buy car in cash since u r in suit n wif luggage... funny la bro kapi,, first time i heard ppl collect car in suit n bring along luggage... Twisted Evil
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by jkit 15th May 2009, 1:44 am

hi, se gave me solar film. Am I suppose to go workshop install or should b done already when collecting ride? How to check good or not?

jkit

Back to top Go down

Post by dinkodink 15th May 2009, 3:15 am

jkit wrote:hi, se gave me solar film. Am I suppose to go workshop install or should b done already when collecting ride? How to check good or not?

should be done at CnC...
good or not,
-if u mean workmanship, there should not be any bubbles, smooth cutting,etc.... as long as its pleasing for ur eyes
-if u mean quality, dun think SE will give high-end SF... mid-end probably, low-end hi chances...
dinkodink
dinkodink

Back to top Go down

Post by graysgerald79 15th May 2009, 1:07 pm

my solar film that my SE threw in, I need to go Mcpherson there to do leh... its after the car collection then go down and do myself.

He say he will give me some coupon for the solar film when i collect my car....

for the coating and the anti rust thingy, he will get the company to do liao then deliver to lengkee showroom (the insurance for that distance is covered by C&C)

So my car collection place will be at lengkee

any issues that u guys foresee?

graysgerald79

Back to top Go down

Post by eraser 15th May 2009, 1:26 pm

issue is your time and petrol will be wasted

eraser

Back to top Go down

Post by ckpay 15th May 2009, 4:36 pm

any bro has a checklist in word/excel format care to share? Very Happy

ckpay

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 15th May 2009, 4:41 pm

Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 15th May 2009, 5:02 pm

wah still need to sign up..
can any1 d/l then upload @ here ? =/
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 15th May 2009, 5:07 pm

Leonard wrote:wah still need to sign up..
can any1 d/l then upload @ here ? =/

Want me to print out and courier to u or not??? LAZY BUM! hahaha

The site got various car related topics, pretty interesting...sign up won't hurt mah.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next