Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C? - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C? - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C? - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C? - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C? - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C? - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C? - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C? - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C? - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C?

+36
leedevil
BluRz
kysoong
joe
Terrier
mwerkz
Divine
dav2011
HoLH123
impact2001
Cypher
whyeme
JayJ
greatgazoo
lordhawk
dandeana21
ano57
muff
nocash
Leonard
ckpay
eraser
graysgerald79
dinkodink
jkit
dreamzzlandz
kapitan
tish
nothing
fonefun610
cboonh
luvxiaobeng
Juz@kid
Fortec
vanilor
Fortei
40 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C? - Page 2 Empty Re: What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C?

Post by Leonard 15th May 2009, 5:26 pm

no larh ..
cuz here alrd lyk a busy , there wanna sign up and there's another KIA forum . total 3 !
can pengZzz
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C? - Page 2 Empty Re: What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C?

Post by nocash 15th May 2009, 10:58 pm

Must also bring along
What should i look for when i collect my ride at C&C? - Page 2 319972dd1ff8a784
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 16th May 2009, 1:44 pm

I think I posted a quick checks on vehicle, not very comprehensive but good enough during collection...search for it. Laughing
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by dinkodink 16th May 2009, 2:23 pm

ripped this off from another car forum... hope this help

Car Collection Checklist

Interior:

1. Master lock, individual lock, child lock
2. Window lock, power windows (at driver side and at individual side)
3. Electric mirrors
4. Headlight switch, signal switch, high beam, fog lamp (if applicable), hazard signal switch
5. Wiper switch (make sure each speed is correct), wiper spray
6. Make sure dashboard lights come on when the headlights are switched on.
7. Make sure information lights on the dashboard are lit at relavant times (eg. high beam symbol, parking brake symbol)
8. Horn, steering wheel adjusting lever
9. Boot and fuel tank cover lever
10. Seat adjuster
11. Mirrors
12. Aircon vents (make sure they can move freely)
13. Aircon (go through each fan speed, make sure the power is strong enough), defogger
14. Radio/CD player
15. Gear shift able to move freely.
16. If yours is an auto, make sure you have to step on the brake to shift out of Park, and the car can only start in N or P position.
17. Glovebox
18. Handbrake
19. Carpet (check if it is dirty or not)
20. Seats (check for stains or holes)
21. Speakers
22. Make sure the distance on the odometer is reasonable (should be less than 20km at the very most if you’re collecting from the distributing centre. If the car is delivered to your doorstep, the distance may vary.)
23. Owner's manual
24. Seat belts (test them by pulling them hard in a fast movement. The seat belts should lock).

Exterior:

1. Headlights (high/low beam), front clearence lights, signal lights, brake lights, tail lights.
2. Windows and windscreen (check for stains or scratches)
3. Door handles (whether they are able to open the doors)
4. Alarm lock
5. Lock using key
6. Opening boot with key
7. Look around the body for any scratches or dents.
8. Check the tyres for any holes or punctures
9. Check the rims for scratches
10. Radio antenna (should automatically come out when radio is used)

Under the bonnet:
1. Check the levels of fluids (eg. engine oil, brake fluid, battery water). If the levels are low, it could mean that there's a leak somewhere.
2. Make sure that the chassis and engine number are indicated near the firewall and that the numbers tally with those on your log card.
3. Check that the fuses for the horn, headlamps etc are there

Remember to bring along
1) CD to test the HU,
2) P-plate (if you have to)
3) Wider Rear view mirror if you want
4) Singapore Map if you dunno how to get back to your house,
5) Credit card, Cashs, Nets to facilitate poisoning your car.
6) Money to buy license plate 4D, Top up petrol
7) Umbrella just in case it rains
8) Cash Card to test the IU
9) Season Parking Coupon, parking coupon.
10) Driving License.
dinkodink
dinkodink

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 16th May 2009, 4:42 pm

dun spend too much time checking on the functionality of all the items/equipment...., even if its not functioning during your check, SE will not be able to do much except to put it on record and to get it rectify on another day or ask you to come back again later.......remember they're all under warranty and you can always go back to them anytime within the 2 years....

......should spend more time checking for damaged or missing items....ie. dents and scratches, cracked lighting, cut tire, etc,,,,inventory listed items like spare tires, jack, cable for USB port, mileage on odometer etc......you cannot go back to them 2 days later and tell them that there is a dent on your door or that there is no spare tire in your car.....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 16th May 2009, 5:19 pm

i agree with muff...

electrical stuff u nvr know when u spoil. Under warranty ok

Rather exterior issue.. once roll out of showroom and under Non warranty items are more of concern.
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 16th May 2009, 9:58 pm

16. If yours is an auto, make sure you have to step on the brake to shift out of Park, and the car can only start in N or P position.

Is it true, Forte can be put to reverse without stepping on the brake...for auto ride, usually have to step on brake then can engage reverse gear...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 16th May 2009, 10:04 pm

prob oso check tt ur steering wheel is still in the car.. tongue

okie.. i ate too many crabs liao.. haha..
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by eraser 16th May 2009, 11:28 pm

haha I got better idea, turn key to ON, tell SE that petrol needle spoil coz level indicated less than 1/4. Insist that the needle spoil unless he/she top up petrol to proof you wrong kekeke

eraser

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 17th May 2009, 11:13 pm

LOL!!! a cute way of getting free petrol sia....
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by lordhawk 18th May 2009, 12:45 am

Oh and one more thing. Bring a tyre pressure gauge. Check the pressure. Should be 32 psi.

If it is higher (mine was 46psi!) lower it to 32 psi before driving off.
lordhawk
lordhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 18th May 2009, 9:22 am

I think why all the Forte tires are over-inflated bcos of storage period....tires need to be inflate at higher pressure if park stationary for a long period to maintain the tires structure..but they never adjust back to normal tires pressure.
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 18th May 2009, 1:01 pm

lordhawk wrote:Oh and one more thing. Bring a tyre pressure gauge. Check the pressure. Should be 32 psi.

If it is higher (mine was 46psi!) lower it to 32 psi before driving off.

its best to set the pressure at air pump at the petrol station instead of releasing air from gauge.

Most of the time the gauge is not very accurate or u let out too much air. We use to ride our bikes to track and have this tyre pressure problem and the ride always sucks until a lao jiao advise us to go to a nearby petrol station before coming down to set the pressure accurately, the gauge is not very accurate.

just an advise lah.
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 18th May 2009, 1:13 pm

I was wondering, does the air gauge at petrol kisoks comes with inflator and deflator function? Let say u set on the digital pump at 230 but yr tires were pumped at higher that the set figures, will the gauge able to deflate before setting back to the intended pressure?
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 18th May 2009, 1:32 pm

yes... u got pump air before bro? i set egs 230 , u see the number go 200, 250, 245, 237, 230 beep 5x. ok
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 18th May 2009, 8:26 pm

haha..never really observe it..paiseh after so many yrs of driving...just got my ride registered..SJQ5XX1H....within next few days...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 18th May 2009, 10:07 pm

nothing wrote:haha..never really observe it..paiseh after so many yrs of driving...just got my ride registered..SJQ5XX1H....within next few days...

Congrats bro! Nothing has something liao! hahaha
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 18th May 2009, 10:30 pm

Fortec wrote:
nothing wrote:haha..never really observe it..paiseh after so many yrs of driving...just got my ride registered..SJQ5XX1H....within next few days...

Congrats bro! Nothing has something liao! hahaha

haha...now change nick to 'something' Laughing Laughing
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by lordhawk 18th May 2009, 11:00 pm

Congrats bro nothing! Enjoy your new ride!
lordhawk
lordhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 19th May 2009, 11:13 am

cool man! can drive brand new car to meetup this sat.

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 19th May 2009, 12:01 pm

Hopefully no knocking sound.... Very Happy this meet up maybe cannot join liao...will be doing up my sound system first.
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 19th May 2009, 11:44 pm

That was sad that you can't join. Enjoy your sound system and hopefully the next meet-up we get to hear it Very Happy
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 20th May 2009, 4:22 pm

wow so fast!! so u cn drive to the outing??
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 20th May 2009, 6:29 pm

CnC not bad leh...pumped for me more than half tank of fuel...last time I collect car, first thing must go pump petrol....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 20th May 2009, 6:36 pm

wow, i tot they suppose to give full tank? sorry i didnt buy new car be4 i dont know.
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by JayJ 20th May 2009, 7:29 pm

was told they will only give half tank. any higher than that is bonus

JayJ

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 20th May 2009, 10:22 pm

Full tank abit hard lah...half tank or more already bonus liao as mentioned..unless u have some agreement with yr SE...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by whyeme 21st May 2009, 12:20 am

nothing wrote:Full tank abit hard lah...half tank or more already bonus liao as mentioned..unless u have some agreement with yr SE...

congrats bro
i collecting my ride tmr 11am @ pandan
bounce

whyeme

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 21st May 2009, 1:55 am

See you there... Very Happy
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 21st May 2009, 9:43 am

2 more bro collecting... cheers
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 21st May 2009, 10:50 am

whyeme wrote:
nothing wrote:Full tank abit hard lah...half tank or more already bonus liao as mentioned..unless u have some agreement with yr SE...

congrats bro
bounce

weeza77 wrote:See you there... Very Happy

wow u 2 friend friend taking car together ? steady lah Smile

remember join us this sat hor, get car liao can stright do aircon mod Smile
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 21st May 2009, 11:59 pm

Going to collect mine tmr 11am... Panda garden here i come.. Finally wait so long till neck long liao
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by HoLH123 22nd May 2009, 12:02 am

congretz bro

HoLH123

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 22nd May 2009, 12:12 am

impact2001 wrote:Going to collect mine tmr 11am... Panda garden here i come.. Finally wait so long till neck long liao

Finally you got yours cheers No need to drool anymore.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 22nd May 2009, 12:13 am

I can imagine this Sat Kallang Leisure will be full of Forte leh.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by graysgerald79 22nd May 2009, 12:23 am

I think mine will take some time... bcos mine OPC... so i think need to go LTA to do the seal... any one knows usually how long can I collect for the OPC car? Apparently after submitting the documents for 1-2 days, i can see details in the onemotoring site liaoz...

graysgerald79

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 22nd May 2009, 12:41 am

but i won't be able to meet up this coming sat.. Sad Working... In future organise one sunday leh... Me every sat need to work..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by ckpay 22nd May 2009, 12:45 am

graysgerald79 wrote:I think mine will take some time... bcos mine OPC... so i think need to go LTA to do the seal... any one knows usually how long can I collect for the OPC car? Apparently after submitting the documents for 1-2 days, i can see details in the onemotoring site liaoz...

sorry to ask, wat detail can be checked from onemotoring after submitted e doc? Smile

ckpay

Back to top Go down

Post by whyeme 22nd May 2009, 1:59 am

tish wrote:
whyeme wrote:

congrats bro
bounce

weeza77 wrote:See you there... Very Happy

wow u 2 friend friend taking car together ? steady lah Smile

remember join us this sat hor, get car liao can stright do aircon mod Smile

bro wat aircon mod? will affect C&C warranty boh? hee hee

whyeme

Back to top Go down

Post by dav2011 22nd May 2009, 2:13 am

graysgerald79 wrote:I think mine will take some time... bcos mine OPC... so i think need to go LTA to do the seal... any one knows usually how long can I collect for the OPC car? Apparently after submitting the documents for 1-2 days, i can see details in the onemotoring site liaoz...

Mine is also registered on the 21/05/2009. OPC too. My SE might be able to deliver by this sat as he might be able to do so. If really can, Got to say thumb up for him! Efficient SE .Well, let see does he able to deliver the impossible mission
dav2011
dav2011

Back to top Go down

Post by graysgerald79 22nd May 2009, 8:20 am

ckpay wrote:

sorry to ask, wat detail can be checked from onemotoring after submitted e doc? Smile

All the details including the weight, car no, OMV, COE, car model, color, etc..

graysgerald79

Back to top Go down

Post by graysgerald79 22nd May 2009, 8:48 am

Just curious eh... how much(mayb % or $) will the SE earn from an OPC car with full 7-year loan and freebies of the solar film?

graysgerald79

Back to top Go down

Post by ckpay 25th May 2009, 4:29 pm

juz collected my baby 1pm @ Pandan. Half tank of oil as bonus only Embarassed

ckpay

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 25th May 2009, 4:33 pm

CKpay congrats u got ur baby!!!
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by dav2011 26th May 2009, 12:49 am

ckpay wrote:juz collected my baby 1pm @ Pandan. Half tank of oil as bonus only Embarassed

I might have seen your metal bronze as I was one of the earliest to collect my blue forte .There got 2 or 3 metal bronze today hehe
dav2011
dav2011

Back to top Go down

Post by ckpay 26th May 2009, 12:55 am

ya~ i saw 4 Metal Bronze today~ all 1.6SX(A) Embarassed
wat tme u were there today?

ckpay

Back to top Go down

Post by dav2011 27th May 2009, 12:23 pm

ckpay wrote:ya~ i saw 4 Metal Bronze today~ all 1.6SX(A) Embarassed

I were there at the morning 11.45am. Spend alot of time looking at the paint. Seems i also got slight hump sound in the front. I drove through NUS hostel where there are alot of humps but it did not produce any sound. But when I reached home, it seems there is a sound. Intermittent for my case haha..
dav2011
dav2011

Back to top Go down

Post by ckpay 27th May 2009, 12:44 pm

dav2011 wrote:

I were there at the morning 11.45am. Spend alot of time looking at the paint. Seems i also got slight hump sound in the front. I drove through NUS hostel where there are alot of humps but it did not produce any sound. But when I reached home, it seems there is a sound. Intermittent for my case haha..

ur car, blue, with car plate 65xx?? Embarassed

ckpay

Back to top Go down

Post by dav2011 27th May 2009, 2:33 pm

ckpay wrote:
dav2011 wrote:

Yup. Very Happy so concidence right?
dav2011
dav2011

Back to top Go down

Post by ckpay 27th May 2009, 3:01 pm

Surprised
dav2011 wrote:
ckpay wrote:
dav2011 wrote:

Yup. Very Happy so concidence right?

so u r e 1 who parked besides me in the company carpark... Surprised

ckpay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next