Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
June Collecting Car Come In.... - Page 11 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
June Collecting Car Come In.... - Page 11 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
June Collecting Car Come In.... - Page 11 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
June Collecting Car Come In.... - Page 11 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
June Collecting Car Come In.... - Page 11 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
June Collecting Car Come In.... - Page 11 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
June Collecting Car Come In.... - Page 11 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
June Collecting Car Come In.... - Page 11 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
June Collecting Car Come In.... - Page 11 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

June Collecting Car Come In....

+43
ForKia
kei66
Korean
alo
sktan10
FriesL
dinkodink
leedevil
muff
lakopi
amerimacka
Spiritseye
nothing
ano57
jackohy
antzng
froakies
oscar33
kapitan
leo
gravin
Eviltrap
loveforte
ktwong
add001
Potatoes
booncteo
SpicyRed
rockstarforte
turbo4ev
mwerkz
greatgazoo
brian
ckpay
nocash
tish
saturnz^83
forte-red
lukester
ben1975
Terrier
Dar
keigo
47 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

June Collecting Car Come In.... - Page 11 Empty Re: June Collecting Car Come In....

Post by Spiritseye 22nd June 2009, 1:22 pm

Guys, for those who collect the car at the showroom, what time u all collect car?

I changed my collection timing to 2pm on coming wed, cos i got to run some errands but my SE keep insisting to be in eve. From the day we signed the final papers he said collect in eve. the reason he told me is that he collect from PG and drive to lengkee and if anything happened to the car at lengkee then he will not bear responsibility, that really pisses me off!

I'm not an unreasonable or demanding guy, I know what these salesperson goes thru as i did sales myself before but i smell something fishy abt him. There is still so much time to do the necessary outside until collection day but he keep saying he is rushing it. WTF or maybe he see me easy going thats why he wanna 'makan' me? *sigh*
Spiritseye
Spiritseye

Back to top Go down

June Collecting Car Come In.... - Page 11 Empty Re: June Collecting Car Come In....

Post by keigo 22nd June 2009, 1:31 pm

Spiritseye wrote:Guys, for those who collect the car at the showroom, what time u all collect car?

I changed my collection timing to 2pm on coming wed, cos i got to run some errands but my SE keep insisting to be in eve. From the day we signed the final papers he said collect in eve. the reason he told me is that he collect from PG and drive to lengkee and if anything happened to the car at lengkee then he will not bear responsibility, that really pisses me off!

I'm not an unreasonable or demanding guy, I know what these salesperson goes thru as i did sales myself before but i smell something fishy abt him. There is still so much time to do the necessary outside until collection day but he keep saying he is rushing it. WTF or maybe he see me easy going thats why he wanna 'makan' me? *sigh*

why not you go to pandan to collect?? At there at least you can confirm your car millage been use by C&C is how much already.

Also collecting car timing all depend on your SE timing got nothing to do with C&C so long it is within the operating timing
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritseye 22nd June 2009, 1:40 pm

Actually, at first he told me i can collect it on monday (today) in evening. but i am not free thus change to wed. I told him if he can get everything done on Mon, why not wed afternoon??? Then he start his "will not bear responsibilty" crap as anything can happen in 2 days from mon to wed. The reasoning he give me is really absurd.

I got no time to go do up the extras myself if I collect the car at PG.
Spiritseye
Spiritseye

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 22nd June 2009, 1:48 pm

bro, i think he want to clear the car ASAP, not only that, he need to make effort to drive ur car to leng kee, its troublesome for him and if u find any defect, he scare u blame him. He make the appt in the evening because he had to do sales in the noon time.

quite easy to know what is on him mind. I dont think there is anything wrong with ur car, dont worry
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 22nd June 2009, 2:23 pm

any issue for u to collect at Pandan? ...u make yr SE du lan u, wait he whcak yr car till redline all the way to Leng Kee.... Laughing just kidding
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by turbo4ev 22nd June 2009, 2:30 pm

tish wrote:
kei66 wrote:Hey turbo4ev,
Just to let u know what i discover just now.. hahahahah!
Called Kia and found out from them that this is the feature.
Even when auto lock is activated, you will be able to open the front doors without unlocking it first.
The back doors, however remains locked unless u unlock it using the central lock button.

I actually quite like it because save the hassle of unlocking it.

i also found out about it when i forgot to unlock and just open the door, but i didnt know the front passenger also can... confused

oh so mine is the same, the front can be open no matter lock or unlock
but back will remain lock until u press the unlock button. tot suppose that once u put to P gear, it shld unlock ?
turbo4ev
turbo4ev

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritseye 22nd June 2009, 4:49 pm

nothing wrote:any issue for u to collect at Pandan? ...u make yr SE du lan u, wait he whcak yr car till redline all the way to Leng Kee.... Laughing just kidding

As i stated in earlier post, if collect at Pandan i got no time to do the accessories. I expected that whack till redline, then i whack him lah! Twisted Evil

Just hope the mileage not so much can le
Spiritseye
Spiritseye

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 22nd June 2009, 5:33 pm

turbo4ev wrote:
tish wrote:
kei66 wrote:Hey turbo4ev,
Just to let u know what i discover just now.. hahahahah!
Called Kia and found out from them that this is the feature.
Even when auto lock is activated, you will be able to open the front doors without unlocking it first.
The back doors, however remains locked unless u unlock it using the central lock button.

I actually quite like it because save the hassle of unlocking it.

i also found out about it when i forgot to unlock and just open the door, but i didnt know the front passenger also can... confused

oh so mine is the same, the front can be open no matter lock or unlock
but back will remain lock until u press the unlock button. tot suppose that once u put to P gear, it shld unlock ?
maybe korean car different style on their side loh lol...
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 23rd June 2009, 9:21 am

My latest findings...

Think the brake abit spongy.. not a very good thing.
Enigne even after warming up in the morning sounds abit sleepy...

Manage to get a 12.3km/l these few days. That includes being stuck in 2 or 3 a long traffic jam.

Seeking more improvement after 1000k
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 23rd June 2009, 11:00 am

the brake when press lightly not very sensitive, but on 2 occasion i jam brake, trust me it works.... speed travel 60-80km/hr ++ forgot
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 23rd June 2009, 11:04 am

Where here my latest finding for my car..

wheel alignment is out.. slightly to the left...
front got knocking sound but not often
hand brake too high
cup holder area too warm.. when I place my water bottle there the water get heat up..
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 23rd June 2009, 11:11 am

keigo wrote:Where here my latest finding for my car..

hand brake too high
cup holder area too warm.. when I place my water bottle there the water get heat up..

Welcome to the HKS club lol!! My handbrake also too high and boot release lever very hard to open.
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 23rd June 2009, 11:20 am

tish wrote:
keigo wrote:Where here my latest finding for my car..

hand brake too high

Welcome to the HKS club lol!! My handbrake also too high and boot release lever very hard to open.

My handbrake also too high. I remember when i took delivery, i pulled handbrake my car can still reverse on reverse gear. then i pulled higher. When SE wanna drive off to the gate for me, she asked my why i pulled my handbrake so high? I was like.. ermmm it reverse ley...

cup holder too warm? maybe its supposed to be coffee warmer???? ahhaahah...
Anyway, do u guys warm up ur car in morning? how long do u warm up for? i did warm up abit but don't like the engine sound in the morning ley, wonder is it cos of crappy engine oil.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 23rd June 2009, 11:26 am

Does our speedometer got indicator to tell engine warm up ready???

Cause what I do is I remote auto-start my engine.. and by the time I drive off should have warm up about 1~2min++
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 23rd June 2009, 11:53 am

keigo wrote:Does our speedometer got indicator to tell engine warm up ready???

Cause what I do is I remote auto-start my engine.. and by the time I drive off should have warm up about 1~2min++

Yah got the indicator. thats about 1 or 2 minutes also. the red bar will go up up up. then close to 1/3 of the temp i move off liao.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 23rd June 2009, 11:56 am

no worry lah...new engine don't really need warm up, by the time u drive out of the carpark, the engine already good to go...if u guys observe it, when u just crank start your engine, it will goes to high rpm mode, once it reach certain mark, it will drop down again...this is what I called "self warm up mode" : )
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by ben1975 23rd June 2009, 5:15 pm

Hi all forte bros, just to update, i collected my ride yesterday and was out whole day to test the car.
Trying to recall and test for all the problems that kind forum bros feedback so far... but i can only recall and check the following:

1) tyre pressure - mine was like 340 !! I pump down to 220, is it correct?

2) cup holder area is warm after driving - mine also like that

3) knock sound when go thru hump - not very certain, but i think i hear some sound

Seems like many other problems that i forgot to check. Can someone list down all the checks here

ben1975

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 23rd June 2009, 5:24 pm

ben1975 wrote:Hi all forte bros, just to update, i collected my ride yesterday and was out whole day to test the car.
Trying to recall and test for all the problems that kind forum bros feedback so far... but i can only recall and check the following:

1) tyre pressure - mine was like 340 !! I pump down to 220, is it correct?

2) cup holder area is warm after driving - mine also like that

3) knock sound when go thru hump - not very certain, but i think i hear some sound

Seems like many other problems that i forgot to check. Can someone list down all the checks here

!) Did u check ur passenger side aircon cold or not? my passenger side not cold, middle ones still ok.

2) Check if u have dangling wires under the steering wheel area? mine didn't have, SE asked me what was i doing.

3) I think i belong to HKS club too, but not certain cos knocking not loud.

4) I need to pull handbrake rather high. but not really a problem for me.

5) And brake feels abit spongy.

6) Too many ppl looking at my car.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by SpicyRed 23rd June 2009, 5:30 pm

6) Too many ppl looking at my car.[/quote]

hehehe..........i like this problem lol!
SpicyRed
SpicyRed

Back to top Go down

Post by Korean 23rd June 2009, 5:45 pm

Totally agreed on your complaint No:1
!) Did u check ur passenger side aircon cold or not? my passenger side not cold, middle ones still ok.

Too bad .....YOu have to bear with it......mine too....
Checked in 1k servicing....no abnormality found as reported by the C&C mechanics.

Korean

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 23rd June 2009, 6:52 pm

nothing wrote:no worry lah...new engine don't really need warm up, by the time u drive out of the carpark, the engine already good to go...if u guys observe it, when u just crank start your engine, it will goes to high rpm mode, once it reach certain mark, it will drop down again...this is what I called "self warm up mode" : )

yap, now cars all come with auto choke, so when u start the rpm will go up a while, just remember dont do fast pick up when u drive off ... maybe 2-3 traffic lights later Very Happy
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by graysgerald79 23rd June 2009, 11:07 pm

hey, just need to check.... our 3 years warranty is what exactly? 1st 1000km, 5000km then? after that do we need to pay for the servicing +engine oil?

Anywhere to check?

One of the SE told my friend that 1st 100km and 5000km just need to pay the engine oil, after that need to pay for the servicing work+engine oil(he bought an EX)... is it true?

graysgerald79

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 23rd June 2009, 11:57 pm

graysgerald79 wrote:hey, just need to check.... our 3 years warranty is what exactly? 1st 1000km, 5000km then? after that do we need to pay for the servicing +engine oil?

Anywhere to check?

One of the SE told my friend that 1st 100km and 5000km just need to pay the engine oil, after that need to pay for the servicing work+engine oil(he bought an EX)... is it true?
3 years warranty is for the car mechanical and electronics and body parts, the owner manual state very clear some 1 year warranty, some 3 yr warranty. those not in the owners manual, can try your luck if they will let u claim like windscreen crack...

servicing first 2 time labor is free, all the way need to pay for anything used.
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 24th June 2009, 8:26 am

Anyone knows if the "Sports Mode" ie using the "+" or " -" sign on the gear box actually helps to cut down fc... I am actually testing this feature this week to see if driving it in this mode will help in fc....

Last edited by Potatoes on 24th June 2009, 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahinda 24th June 2009, 1:49 pm

YES I'm getting my car in 1hrs time.
Mahinda
Mahinda

Back to top Go down

Post by SpicyRed 24th June 2009, 2:07 pm

Mahinda wrote:YES I'm getting my car in 1hrs time.

cong!
mine.....this two days.....
starting my countdown....... woooohoooooo angel
SpicyRed
SpicyRed

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 24th June 2009, 2:29 pm

congrat congrat..
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 24th June 2009, 3:02 pm

Just came back from Thermal guard. Seems like they are doing Kia business.

Anyway saw 2 new forte. One is SJR300**. Black EX (A) with leather seats. Very nice wor.... I like your black. If you are in the forum, congrats! you might be getting ur car soon. By the way, i am sure ur tyre pressure not enuff as of the time i saw it. the front left tyre look suspiciously under pressure.

I also saw a SJR3**4 was a light blue or something like tat, think they done the thermal film ysd liao, so you might get ur ride soon too!
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 24th June 2009, 3:10 pm

Eviltrap wrote:
lukester wrote:
Eviltrap wrote:
nothing wrote:Sunshade for the front winscreen? U refering to the darker tone abt 6" width horizontally across the windscreen on top of your sunfilm? If that's the one, is standard FOC that comes with your sunfilm...for my case,even I didn't specify it, my ride came with it. How come SE say expensive? that's really a big bullshxt!....

Even after my windscreen cracked and CnC arranged for Rikecool to redo my sunfilm, the darker tone upper sunshade was automatically up without the need for me to request.

So it confirms come with it? I hope it does. I find the sunglasses dun work very well when the morning sun is shining right into the eyes. A sunshade will be more effective. At least can lft the head to get more shading.

Terrier wrote:
Eviltrap wrote:
tish wrote:
Eviltrap wrote:And the one part that no one has control - pioneers who have moved on with their lives and stop coming in to share their experiences. Oh well...

By the way Terrier, what time are you collecting your car? Is it ALL car collection must be at Pandan?
u can request ur SE that u want to collect else where or send to ur house, it all depend on conversation skills.... lol

Bro i think i saw ur chrome licence plate with moses... Smile

Pandan will be ideal for me. Less than 10 minutes drive to reach there... Embarassed

Hopefully the mileage will not be high. I asked for quite a few items. Solar film, reverse sensor, reverse camera, 3M car mat, BT set... Dunno whether still got anymore or not. Hope SE wun drive my Mag round Singapore to install all the items. Haha.

By the way, did you install a sunshade for your front windscreen? It's like a black piece of solar film running horizontally across the top of your windscreen. I asked my SE for it, but he said can't do it coz too ex. Sianz.

haha your SE bluff u ar?? I ask from my SE and she said ok.. I ask for transparent black.. so can see through unlike solid black.. she tried her best and really got it for me.. so kind of her =)

My SE is a male. Maybe male-male combi not good to squeeze things out, unless both are gay. affraid

For me I am used to strong sunshine in Australia. I will just flip down the sunsahde in the car. somemore can put infront of u or to the side. Very Happy

Anyway SE dun think giving me that, i console myself niah.

My clip-on sunglasses (I am bespectacled, so can't see without my facial bra cyclops ) is not good. If the sun is a bit more glaring I wun be able to see much. Sianz. So that one is important for me.

Anyway, maybe we can both install together if it doesn't come with it? Very Happy

By the way, since i just came back from thermal guard, i just like to share this issue we talked about last week. Donno why soem SE tried to say its expensive blah blah blah... in fact the darker area comes free from Thermal guard at least. Wonder issit an effort for SE to squeeze back some money?
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by bushi_do 24th June 2009, 3:23 pm

i collected my ride on 6 of june this month. pardon me for the late post up. BUT>>>bushi_do is back in action hahaha
bushi_do
bushi_do

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahinda 24th June 2009, 4:04 pm

COLLECTED MY CAR!! WEEE!!

Will upload pics soon.
Mahinda
Mahinda

Back to top Go down

Post by lakopi 24th June 2009, 4:16 pm

Mahinda wrote:COLLECTED MY CAR!! WEEE!!

Will upload pics soon.

steady poon bi bi .... another happy and proud owner of Forte ..... congrat !!! drive around and go show everyone ba ....haha......
lakopi
lakopi

Back to top Go down

Post by FeiLeong 24th June 2009, 5:16 pm

Will upload pics soon.

Gong xi ..another proud new owner of forte... Very Happy cheers
FeiLeong
FeiLeong

Back to top Go down

Post by lakopi 24th June 2009, 5:34 pm

after receiving call from my SE, i asked him to come to my place to settle the rest of the paperwork... rather than taking a cab down to Leng Kee.... save a bit lah haha .... but got to take time off to settle lor ... anyway, done paper work to pay off the rest of the deposit plus the insurance ... pocket just burned a big hole liao.......anyway, heard from my SE that they got instruction from their boss that all SEs have to settle their own customers and get the chequed settled by these 2 days .. or else stock will have to give to someone in the waiting lists... that's why many are receiving calls from SEs these few days ... this shipment that arrived have about 200plus Forte .... so prepare to see more running on the road...
lakopi
lakopi

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 24th June 2009, 5:36 pm

Will upload pics soon.

Congrats Mahinda... Enjoy ur ride!
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 24th June 2009, 5:40 pm

Potatoes wrote:Anyone knows if the "Sports Mode" ie using the "+" or " -" sign on the gear box actually helps to cut down fc... I am actually testing this feature this week to see if driving it in this mode will help in fc....

Anyone tried this feature?
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritseye 24th June 2009, 7:40 pm

Collected it this afternoon. Hmmmm will try to post pics. Loving it.
Spiritseye
Spiritseye

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 24th June 2009, 9:05 pm

Potatoes wrote:
Potatoes wrote:Anyone knows if the "Sports Mode" ie using the "+" or " -" sign on the gear box actually helps to cut down fc... I am actually testing this feature this week to see if driving it in this mode will help in fc....

Anyone tried this feature?
Bro, there is no sports mode, only steptronic which menas electrical manual mode control for gear.

Manual or auto for the auto model, depends on how u use manual, if u change gear at very low rpm, lower than the default auto shift, then u may be saving more FC.

Just monitor ur car auto shift when u drive, usually below 2k it will shift each gear all the way to 4th, so if u are shifting the gear in lower rpm than the auto mode, its saving
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by ktwong 24th June 2009, 9:12 pm

tomorrow collect car at pandan garden
ktwong
ktwong

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahinda 24th June 2009, 9:32 pm

Thanks bros. Just rch home. No time to take pics.
Mahinda
Mahinda

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 24th June 2009, 10:28 pm

ktwong wrote:tomorrow collect car at pandan garden
wow, grats bro, tell us any defect found wor. Will u be oming for 3rd meetup ?
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 24th June 2009, 10:34 pm

congrat thumbsup
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by lakopi 25th June 2009, 12:07 am

Wah, gong xi ... what color ah ? if can take some pics there ?! There must have lots of forte waiting for their owners....
lakopi
lakopi

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 25th June 2009, 12:36 am

sure can one, the SE wont chase u, if she did u dont sign loh lol...
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by oscar33 25th June 2009, 1:07 am

Congrat to all who have jus gotten or r getting ur car tis wk!!

oscar33

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 25th June 2009, 3:28 am

Mahinda wrote:Thanks bros. Just rch home. No time to take pics.

Enjoy.... but post ur pics quickly.....
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 27th June 2009, 7:49 am

Congrats Bro...Wat model / color? remember to post ur pics....
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11