Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
June Collecting Car Come In.... - Page 10 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
June Collecting Car Come In.... - Page 10 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
June Collecting Car Come In.... - Page 10 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
June Collecting Car Come In.... - Page 10 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
June Collecting Car Come In.... - Page 10 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
June Collecting Car Come In.... - Page 10 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
June Collecting Car Come In.... - Page 10 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
June Collecting Car Come In.... - Page 10 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
June Collecting Car Come In.... - Page 10 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

June Collecting Car Come In....

+43
ForKia
kei66
Korean
alo
sktan10
FriesL
dinkodink
leedevil
muff
lakopi
amerimacka
Spiritseye
nothing
ano57
jackohy
antzng
froakies
oscar33
kapitan
leo
gravin
Eviltrap
loveforte
ktwong
add001
Potatoes
booncteo
SpicyRed
rockstarforte
turbo4ev
mwerkz
greatgazoo
brian
ckpay
nocash
tish
saturnz^83
forte-red
lukester
ben1975
Terrier
Dar
keigo
47 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

June Collecting Car Come In.... - Page 10 Empty Re: June Collecting Car Come In....

Post by FriesL 21st June 2009, 1:35 am

Thanks Greatgazoo!

yes, cos looking at some buyer actually got it installed ready. not sure its SE effort and with recent SX all comes with it (local installed i think). so got to spend extra time to shop for that. (SE say will offer voucher for that.. its mancando i think ya?)

thx...

FriesL

Back to top Go down

June Collecting Car Come In.... - Page 10 Empty Re: June Collecting Car Come In....

Post by oscar33 21st June 2009, 2:05 am

All SX ordered from mid May onwards will come wif folding mirror as part of the promo.

oscar33

Back to top Go down

Post by oscar33 21st June 2009, 2:10 am

nocash wrote:Congrats to oscar33,Potatoes and dinkodink on your new ride.

tish wrote:
yeah grats man!! remember check tyre psi... usually over psi-ed

Thx bro! Went to pump petrol and check tyres pressure after getting car. Original pressure was abt 210psi - pumped to 230psi.

oscar33

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 21st June 2009, 2:10 am

Hi all.... I collected my silver baby yesterday evening ... satisfied with my SE 'cos I paid deposit on 15 Jun and collected my baby on 20 Jun (He is super efficient). He managed to do quite a few things.....
Registration for retention of my Old number plate, change my leather seats from black to beige colour (very nice), applied anti-rust protection... and most important delivered my car withing 5 days... Thumbs up for my SE!
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 21st June 2009, 2:12 am

oscar33 wrote:

tish wrote:

Thx bro! Went to pump petrol and check tyres pressure after getting car. Original pressure was abt 210psi - pumped to 230psi.

Hi Oscar... my SE told me to pump tyres to 200psi..... corect pressure?
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by oscar33 21st June 2009, 2:25 am

Personally i think tat is too low. fuel consumption will increase, ur tyres will wear faster and the car will feel heavier (but wif electric steering control maybe not tat obvious). My norm is to pump 230 front and 220 rear.

oscar33

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 21st June 2009, 2:31 am

oscar33 wrote:Personally i think tat is too low. fuel consumption will increase, ur tyres will wear faster and the car will feel heavier (but wif electric steering control maybe not tat obvious). My norm is to pump 230 front and 220 rear.

Thx. I will check my tyres pressure and set them to the approriate pressure (220psi).
I am still not use to the electric steering control.... i felt it is very sentitive to small movemnts.
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 21st June 2009, 3:09 am

oscar33 wrote:

tish wrote:

wow, u quite lucky, alot of us kena 300 over... lol

Potatoes wrote:
oscar33 wrote:

tish wrote:

Hi Oscar... my SE told me to pump tyres to 200psi..... corect pressure?
ermm u open driver door, the door there got sticker saying 220 or 230 kpa i forgot...
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by oscar33 21st June 2009, 3:36 am

Potatoes wrote:
oscar33 wrote:Personally i think tat is too low. fuel consumption will increase, ur tyres will wear faster and the car will feel heavier (but wif electric steering control maybe not tat obvious). My norm is to pump 230 front and 220 rear.

Thx. I will check my tyres pressure and set them to the approriate pressure (220psi).
I am still not use to the electric steering control.... i felt it is very sentitive to small movemnts.

No prob bro. Jus sharing info.

Me too. I find the steering is too light initially when moving off the car - must be very careful to prevent over steering.

oscar33

Back to top Go down

Post by oscar33 21st June 2009, 3:39 am

Ya was quite surprised also. was expecting over pressure so quickly went to the petrol station to re-pump the tyres.

oscar33

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 21st June 2009, 5:16 am

FriesL wrote:Thanks Greatgazoo!

yes, cos looking at some buyer actually got it installed ready. not sure its SE effort and with recent SX all comes with it (local installed i think). so got to spend extra time to shop for that. (SE say will offer voucher for that.. its mancando i think ya?)

thx...

FriesL.. getting it fixed in C&C is good enough.. I top up $300 for that and its nicely done.. It save me the hassle of travelling all the way to IMM just to fix auto folding by MCD and it takes abt 3hr wait.. the button MCD provide vs C&C provide is different even though C&C got from MCD..

Even your SE give you discount voucher and do it at MCD.. you will still pay $300 doing it.. that is the min. purchase by MCD that is why all Forte GB cost at $300 regardless which forum you go..
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 21st June 2009, 5:22 am

Hmm.. funny.. how come u all got it over pump!! Lolz.. the day I collecting it.. got 1 of their mechanic just come over my car and check on tire pressure.. I was very surprise cause I brought my Tire gauge, haven even take out and inspect the mechanic already help me with the air.

After that I went to Autobacs to change all my Lighting at the same time I ask the Mechanic help me check my tire pressure since I already park there like 30+mins shld be sufficient for it to cool down and get accurate pressure.. Guess what!! The Air shows 24PSI for the 4 active wheel and 45 for spare wheel!! Got very surprise when its under pump.. w/o hesitate.. I ask the mechanic what is the recommended PSI and help me pump all 4 + 1.. (recommended PSI: 33, spare tire: 40)

Another info for you guyz.. Fog Light bulb size = 881

Its quite rare size.. so not many place will have this size even have aso very limited.. according to autobacs..
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 21st June 2009, 9:37 am

All my old cars never come with fold mirror, i am truly intrigued by the folding mirror like a little boy with a new toy. Think its pretty cool, at least for me, i won't have to worry people parking too close to me.

I feel sad I dare not ram the accelerator too hard to over take cos still running in. Anyway new cars need to take some time to run in, so bros and sis who just got their cars don't ram ur accelerator if u kenna pressure from car behind.

with rmp not more than 2000rpm, i can maintain a good 90km/h liao. good enuff for me. so far FC is the concern reaching 11.7km/l. thats about 1/2 on small roads and 1/2 highway. lets see how i do tomorrow when i travel to work, which is 75% highway. hopefully can see some improvement.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by mwerkz 21st June 2009, 10:02 am

Terrier wrote:

thx...

FriesL.. getting it fixed in C&C is good enough.. I top up $300 for that and its nicely done.. It save me the hassle of travelling all the way to IMM just to fix auto folding by MCD and it takes abt 3hr wait.. the button MCD provide vs C&C provide is different even though C&C got from MCD..

Even your SE give you discount voucher and do it at MCD.. you will still pay $300 doing it.. that is the min. purchase by MCD that is why all Forte GB cost at $300 regardless which forum you go..

actually there's a slightly lower price if u do thru c&c =p

mwerkz

Back to top Go down

Post by mwerkz 21st June 2009, 10:04 am

lukester wrote:All my old cars never come with fold mirror, i am truly intrigued by the folding mirror like a little boy with a new toy. Think its pretty cool, at least for me, i won't have to worry people parking too close to me.

I feel sad I dare not ram the accelerator too hard to over take cos still running in. Anyway new cars need to take some time to run in, so bros and sis who just got their cars don't ram ur accelerator if u kenna pressure from car behind.

with rmp not more than 2000rpm, i can maintain a good 90km/h liao. good enuff for me. so far FC is the concern reaching 11.7km/l. thats about 1/2 on small roads and 1/2 highway. lets see how i do tomorrow when i travel to work, which is 75% highway. hopefully can see some improvement.

keke. i tot running in as long as ur rpm not more den 4000rpm? i try to keep it below 3000rpm. but seriously very hard to get it over too. but my FC not as good. wat fuel u pump?

mwerkz

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 21st June 2009, 10:09 am

i'm also going at rmp 1000~2000rpm max..and with just 2000rpm going at highway I can easily shoot past 100km/h...
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by sktan10 21st June 2009, 10:13 am

lukester wrote:All my old cars never come with fold mirror, i am truly intrigued by the folding mirror like a little boy with a new toy. Think its pretty cool, at least for me, i won't have to worry people parking too close to me.

When people park too near u,u should not worry about the mirror,u should worry about door scratches or dent instead.

sktan10

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 21st June 2009, 10:14 am

sktan10 wrote:

When people park too near u,u should not worry about the mirror,u should worry about door scratches or dent instead.

lolz.. yes that why I always park very far away where the parking slot is almost empty one...
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by mwerkz 21st June 2009, 10:19 am

i oso wish to park far away from pple. but my hm here, de parking lots are always full and de lots are very cramp. when i go hm late, i m olways left with no choice.

mwerkz

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 21st June 2009, 10:22 am

mwerkz wrote:i oso wish to park far away from pple. but my hm here, de parking lots are always full and de lots are very cramp. when i go hm late, i m olways left with no choice.

ya then choose to park beside those expensive car... Laughing

Luckily my house MCP there got parking slot which is individual separated by wall...
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by dinkodink 21st June 2009, 12:11 pm

add001 wrote:
dinkodink wrote:today just collected my 2.0(M)SX white at 1245hrs... so far no sound yet... hehe

Dink, u haven't come home issit? Coz I looked & can't see ur White Forte around at our carpark leh?
bro... yesterday i werking night shift... Very Happy
dinkodink
dinkodink

Back to top Go down

Post by alo 21st June 2009, 1:03 pm

keigo wrote:
sktan10 wrote:

lolz.. yes that why I always park very far away where the parking slot is almost empty one...

heh tats wat i do too.. but dunno whether i still be so industrious to do tat in a years time..
alo
alo

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 21st June 2009, 1:25 pm

keigo wrote:
mwerkz wrote:i oso wish to park far away from pple. but my hm here, de parking lots are always full and de lots are very cramp. when i go hm late, i m olways left with no choice.

ya then choose to park beside those expensive car... Laughing

Luckily my house MCP there got parking slot which is individual separated by wall...

importantly avoid parking at slopping carpark...... when the next car that's parked higher than you opened their door,

it will tends to swing outward (due gravity) at fast speed and slammed into your car body....... Mad
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 21st June 2009, 1:25 pm

mwerkz wrote:

keke. i tot running in as long as ur rpm not more den 4000rpm? i try to keep it below 3000rpm. but seriously very hard to get it over too. but my FC not as good. wat fuel u pump?

I have yet to go to the pump. the car came with 1/2 tank when I took delivery yesterday. thinking of getting shell 95 or esso equvilant later or tmr morning. so far i did 152km liao.

I already so light footed liao, still only 11.7km/l abit heart pain... seeking for improvement tmr.

I think 4000rpm is the manual recommended but from most ppl i heard its 2000 to 2500rpm. Once a while must push harder (but not always) cos this first 1000km ur car is starting to get used to ur driving style. Think the car alot of power but have yet to find the chance to unlease it, still i am happy to cruise on it.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by oscar33 21st June 2009, 1:59 pm

Its normal during run-in the fc will be bad. As time goes (car hit 3000-5000 km), the fc will get better especially after changing to fully syn oil.

oscar33

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 21st June 2009, 2:13 pm

mwerkz wrote:
Terrier wrote:

thx...

Thanks both,
noted, think will just get my SE to finish this off for me.. saving all the hassle. anyway... i choosed to change the leather color and tadaa..again another 107$ added.. ? can anyone advise here? i booked a bright silver so.. beige should looks better with it i think. seen silver Civic with black interior too.. not quite like it for me.

Cheers! Very Happy

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Korean 21st June 2009, 2:19 pm

FriesL wrote:
mwerkz wrote:
Terrier wrote:

thx...

Thanks both,
noted, think will just get my SE to finish this off for me.. saving all the hassle. anyway... i choosed to change the leather color and tadaa..again another 107$ added.. ? can anyone advise here? i booked a bright silver so.. beige should looks better with it i think. seen silver Civic with black interior too.. not quite like it for me.

Cheers! Very Happy

interior black is nice. so go for black leather seat. it lasts longer and it's easier to maintain.
original car mat is black and the forte's interior odometer is red. so you only have two colours inside. NICER Very Happy
don't make the interior of your car look like a chingay parade Wink

Korean

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 21st June 2009, 2:35 pm

ahh...

thanks.. no worry it wont looks parade.. haa.. will keep mat at black.. just seats would prefer not to be in black..

Thanks for the suggestion too..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by lakopi 21st June 2009, 4:04 pm

Color preference is up to individuals ..... you like it , go fo it, you're the king, most importantly when you sit inside your car, you appreciate it and have the greatest feel for it, so doesn't matter what color.... what is in your eyes count .. Razz
lakopi
lakopi

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 21st June 2009, 4:09 pm

actually if u read the owners manual page 1-4 vehicle break in process. there are 3 important points to take note...
----------------------------------------
VEHICLE BREAK-IN PROCESS

A030000AUN
No special break-in period is needed. By
following a few simple precautions for the
first 1,000 km (600 miles) you may add to
the performance, economy and life of
your vehicle.
• Do not race the engine.
• While driving, keep your engine speed
(rpm, or revolutions per minute)
between 2,000 rpm and 4,000 rpm.

• Do not maintain a single speed for long
periods of time, either fast or slow.
Varying engine speed is needed to
properly break-in the engine.

• Avoid hard stops, except in emergencies,
to allow the brakes to seat properly.
• Don't let the engine idle longer than 3
minutes at one time.

• Don't tow a trailer during the first 2,000
km (1,200 miles) of operation.
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by lakopi 21st June 2009, 4:16 pm

"• Don't let the engine idle longer than 3 minutes at one time." Now got good reason to not wait for someone because the manual said so, unless this someone can hop on within 3mins or else .....haha..

Yet to get my car .. so no manual to refer Sad..
lakopi
lakopi

Back to top Go down

Post by turbo4ev 21st June 2009, 8:13 pm

guy when the speed reach 40, the 4 door will auto lock right?
then how to unlock when park?
i can open the front but not the back door.
need to press the unlock button before the back door can unlock
turbo4ev
turbo4ev

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 21st June 2009, 8:23 pm

nah...when u move off after 200meters, all doors will be auto lock
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by leedevil 21st June 2009, 8:36 pm

lakopi wrote:"• Don't let the engine idle longer than 3 minutes at one time." Now got good reason to not wait for someone because the manual said so, unless this someone can hop on within 3mins or else .....haha..

Yet to get my car .. so no manual to refer Sad..

cant go out also cos have to idle at traffic light for the red light...haha

leedevil

Back to top Go down

Post by turbo4ev 21st June 2009, 9:00 pm

loveforte wrote:nah...when u move off after 200meters, all doors will be auto lock

oh, mine i see 40km then "tok" not sure abt the 200m
but how to auto unlock? the front door can, but not the back door
turbo4ev
turbo4ev

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 21st June 2009, 9:05 pm

turbo4ev wrote:
loveforte wrote:nah...when u move off after 200meters, all doors will be auto lock

oh, mine i see 40km then "tok" not sure abt the 200m
but how to auto unlock? the front door can, but not the back door

Yah, mine also after 40km/h it will auto lock.

cos i ever travel more than 200m it still never lock.

donno the back door prob, my passenger manage to free themselves
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by turbo4ev 21st June 2009, 9:35 pm

anyone can test it out... if not need to note down for servicing liao
turbo4ev
turbo4ev

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 21st June 2009, 9:55 pm

turbo4ev wrote:anyone can test it out... if not need to note down for servicing liao
i going out, will test n report! study
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 21st June 2009, 9:57 pm

mine does lock after drive off
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 21st June 2009, 11:06 pm

my SE told me 200meters it will lock by itself leh...
he cheat me siak...
haha..
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by kei66 21st June 2009, 11:20 pm

hey guys..
everyday i will have new discovery ..
just wanna check if.. front doors does auto lock.
because only my back doors lock, not the front doors.
kei66
kei66

Back to top Go down

Post by turbo4ev 21st June 2009, 11:22 pm

ha, now i wondering is it my front door got lock anot
cus i never confirm also
turbo4ev
turbo4ev

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 21st June 2009, 11:51 pm

wah.. better confirm all 4 should lock and unlock.. unless child lock on rear doors are engaged. if this is not.. then Crying or Very sad

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 22nd June 2009, 2:09 am

loveforte wrote:my SE told me 200meters it will lock by itself leh...
he cheat me siak...
haha..
Bro, confirm 40km/hr mark will aut lock, i tried moving off for 1km slowly but didnt lock, the moment hit 40km/hr, it locked.

tested 3 times, the last time i drove off, immediately spin to 40km.hr very fast n auto lock doors... Very Happy
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 22nd June 2009, 7:22 am

FriesL wrote:
mwerkz wrote:
Terrier wrote:

thx...

Thanks both,

Cheers! Very Happy

Hi FriesL, my Forte is Bright silver and I changed my leather seats to beige too.... very nice combination.... $107 is worth it.
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 22nd June 2009, 7:26 am

tish wrote:
loveforte wrote:my SE told me 200meters it will lock by itself leh...
he cheat me siak...
haha..
Bro, confirm 40km/hr mark will aut lock, i tried moving off for 1km slowly but didnt lock, the moment hit 40km/hr, it locked.

tested 3 times, the last time i drove off, immediately spin to 40km.hr very fast n auto lock doors... Very Happy

Wow that's an interesting discovery! My SE also told me that the car will autolock after 200m.....I will try and test this feature today.
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by turbo4ev 22nd June 2009, 9:28 am

i discover something new again,
auto lock at 40km/h
when i stop at traffic light, both the diver and passenger seat infront can open without unlock, just normal open. behind, cannot test cus i driving alone. wonder outside can open a not, if can, those going up north is not good.
turbo4ev
turbo4ev

Back to top Go down

Post by ForKia 22nd June 2009, 11:42 am

Hi potatoes could you share some pic of your beautiful bight silver with the beige leather seat. Smile

ForKia

Back to top Go down

Post by kei66 22nd June 2009, 11:54 am

Hey turbo4ev,
Just to let u know what i discover just now.. hahahahah!
Called Kia and found out from them that this is the feature.
Even when auto lock is activated, you will be able to open the front doors without unlocking it first.
The back doors, however remains locked unless u unlock it using the central lock button.

I actually quite like it because save the hassle of unlocking it.
kei66
kei66

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 22nd June 2009, 12:05 pm

kei66 wrote:Hey turbo4ev,
Just to let u know what i discover just now.. hahahahah!
Called Kia and found out from them that this is the feature.
Even when auto lock is activated, you will be able to open the front doors without unlocking it first.
The back doors, however remains locked unless u unlock it using the central lock button.

I actually quite like it because save the hassle of unlocking it.

i also found out about it when i forgot to unlock and just open the door, but i didnt know the front passenger also can... confused
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next