Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Auto-fold mirror Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Auto-fold mirror Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Auto-fold mirror Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Auto-fold mirror Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Auto-fold mirror Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Auto-fold mirror Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Auto-fold mirror Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Auto-fold mirror Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Auto-fold mirror Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Auto-fold mirror

+10
waypoint
Cypher
mwerkz
tiny
leedevil
dreamzzlandz
NightAngler
nothing
tish
ck7373
14 posters

Go down

Auto-fold mirror Empty Auto-fold mirror

Post by ck7373 12th June 2009, 11:04 am

Can our local fitted auto-fold mirror be set not to auto-fold when we off engine? I prefer manual fold with a press of the button. This was my experience when i wash my car with ignition key off. I can't access to the mirror for cleaning. Also too much open/close might just shorten the life of the motor.....

Side track issue: My ride safety belt light went off even if i don't belt up after moving for a distance. Is there a fault on this? My previous ride will have the light up and sound warning if i don't belt up on time.....
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Auto-fold mirror Empty Re: Auto-fold mirror

Post by nothing 12th June 2009, 11:45 am

For forte, the seat belt warning sign only light up for 6 secs after that it goes off.....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by ck7373 12th June 2009, 8:03 pm

The issue discussed was about a bro here got his auto-mirror stucked at closed position....

I am asking whether can the auto function be disabled.....i suppose playing with the control shd be able to....anyway will get CnC sort this out at my 1k service.
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by NightAngler 12th June 2009, 8:29 pm

ck7373 wrote:The issue discussed was about a bro here got his auto-mirror stucked at closed position....

I am asking whether can the auto function be disabled.....i suppose playing with the control shd be able to....anyway will get CnC sort this out at my 1k service.
Any system that uses electrical control power can be disabled. Having said so, will depends on C&C technician knowledge.

Based on what I'd read either from this or other forum, there are 2 relays in this system. Removal of 1 relay should disable auto-fold function. 50/50 chance so it's not difficult to try your luck if you know where the relays are located. Don't throw away any relay removed as they are likely to be interchangeable & can be kept as "spare".

NightAngler

Back to top Go down

Post by ck7373 13th June 2009, 2:02 am

NightAngler wrote:
ck7373 wrote:The issue discussed was about a bro here got his auto-mirror stucked at closed position....

Any system that uses electrical control power can be disabled. Having said so, will depends on C&C technician knowledge.

Based on what I'd read either from this or other forum, there are 2 relays in this system. Removal of 1 relay should disable auto-fold function. 50/50 chance so it's not difficult to try your luck if you know where the relays are located. Don't throw away any relay removed as they are likely to be interchangeable & can be kept as "spare".

Thanks for the sharing, bro. I guess i shall leave it to the CnC technician to "play" with the system as it is under warranty.
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamzzlandz 13th June 2009, 11:19 pm

Just want to double confirm.. if we ask ManCanDo to install the auto folding mirrors at $300 is it the same as ask Kia SE to include the auto mirrors at $300?? Will Kia SE also ask ManCanDo to install the auto folding mirrors?
dreamzzlandz
dreamzzlandz

Back to top Go down

Post by leedevil 13th June 2009, 11:22 pm

dreamzzlandz wrote:Just want to double confirm.. if we ask ManCanDo to install the auto folding mirrors at $300 is it the same as ask Kia SE to include the auto mirrors at $300?? Will Kia SE also ask ManCanDo to install the auto folding mirrors?

When i collected my ride i ask whether my auto folding mirror is done in house or by mancando..he told me in-house...means by C&C

leedevil

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamzzlandz 14th June 2009, 12:07 am

is their in-house equal to mancando?
dreamzzlandz
dreamzzlandz

Back to top Go down

Post by leedevil 14th June 2009, 12:08 am

Mmm...from the way he answer me i dun tink so...dats my guess...

leedevil

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 14th June 2009, 12:23 am

I asked C&C and Mancando..both quote me 1yr warranty. Should be the same lah, except for Mancando you get it installed inside IMM carpark.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 14th June 2009, 12:42 am

i think someone post here that he ask C&C where they got their mirror, and C&C told them from mancando ?
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 14th June 2009, 12:06 pm

Yes, is done inhouse..MCD will have his workers install at CnC wkshop....if that's called inhouse Laughing
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by mwerkz 14th June 2009, 12:31 pm

i ask kia to do de mirror for me. most likely dey oso get mancando to do. cos dey say done inhouse but by one korean shop pple come in do.

n when i go mancando, dey asked me if i did auto fold. i say ya from kia, den he say o. most likely dey do one oso =p

mwerkz

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 14th June 2009, 2:44 pm

The factory fitted side mirror manual fold button is above the side mirror adjusment control.
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 14th June 2009, 2:51 pm

Ermmm... Do you guys know that the 'factory' or 'in-house' fitted folding mirrors have dual modes? As in auto and manual?

With engine running, just depress and hold the button down for 3 seconds. You will hear either a single or double beep. Can't remember which is which, but one represents auto mode and the other manual. I am sure I do not need to elaborate on what either modes do, right?

BR,
w a y
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 14th June 2009, 3:38 pm

ohh that is interesting, u can control the modes too with just a push of the button Smile
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 14th June 2009, 4:44 pm

from wat i kww.. auto mirrors are done by the same ppl whether u ask CnC or mancando to do.. cos Cnc contract to them.. those terms "factory fitted" or "in house" simply mean the workers come to Cnc premises to get the job done.. instead of sending the cars to the workshop i.e. no need to drive ur car from pt A to B..
yah, i hv seen the demo on the auto folding mirror function.. just press n hold the button and it will switch from one mode to another.. some prefer manual mode some prefer linked to ignition.. Smile
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by ck7373 15th June 2009, 11:58 am

nothing wrote:For forte, the seat belt warning sign only light up for 6 secs after that it goes off.....

So there is no warning for seat belt not fastern up when moving...?? So based on the car manual, our model belongs to type A.
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by ck7373 15th June 2009, 12:00 pm

waypoint wrote:Ermmm... Do you guys know that the 'factory' or 'in-house' fitted folding mirrors have dual modes? As in auto and manual?

With engine running, just depress and hold the button down for 3 seconds. You will hear either a single or double beep. Can't remember which is which, but one represents auto mode and the other manual. I am sure I do not need to elaborate on what either modes do, right?

BR,
w a y

Oh yes, it works after i tried this morning....thanks for sharing the info. This forum is great...!!!
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 15th June 2009, 2:26 pm

ck7373 wrote:
nothing wrote:For forte, the seat belt warning sign only light up for 6 secs after that it goes off.....

So there is no warning for seat belt not fastern up when moving...?? So based on the car manual, our model belongs to type A.

No warning as mentioned...basically I believed all driver will auto belt up when u move off but usually r the passengers that I have to remind them to belt up....when rear passengers not belted up, upon a frontal collision, they r just like human projectiles flying forward and a size of a toddler can snap your neck in split secs...Always pissed me off, when I see drivers with their kids by their side with no seat belt on.. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad like my TP friend told me, he will never never give chance on such scenario, very irresponsible of the parents Mad
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by leo 18th June 2009, 9:19 pm

Auto-fold mirror 081226_exos_forte_smcjust to check with you guys, for those that installed the auto folding mirrors...does it look like this?

leo

Back to top Go down

Post by ck7373 18th June 2009, 10:41 pm

No for the after market installation. The black button is placed near the ESC button. I think there is a bro who uploaded the pic before.
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 18th June 2009, 10:58 pm

Exactly.... can't CnC bring in those... duh...
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 18th June 2009, 11:32 pm

Has anyone already driving the Forte notice that the right wing mirror tends to vibrate quite a bit when you accelerate? So much so that it causes the image in the mirror to 'buzz' and not very clear?

Anyone? I've observed the left wing mirror does not 'buzz' at all when my better half drove my car and I was sitting on the front passenger seat.

Any similar observations?

BR,
w a y
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 18th June 2009, 11:43 pm

Maybe the clip is not well place, try push inwards and see any improvement..
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 18th June 2009, 11:52 pm

Just push the mirror inwards into the casing?

BR,
w a y
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 19th June 2009, 12:00 am

yes, but if your mirror shatter dont come and find me har.... Rolling Eyes
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 19th June 2009, 12:03 am

No worries... Caveat Emptor!

nocash wrote:yes, but if your mirror shatter dont come and find me har.... Rolling Eyes
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by armstrong 14th October 2009, 5:57 pm

I tried depressing the mirror button for 5 sec with engine on but no beep sound.. so mine is still in auto mode. any bros with the same problem?

armstrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down