Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Bros/Sis who have installed the Auto Folding Side Mirror, Pls come in...Important Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Bros/Sis who have installed the Auto Folding Side Mirror, Pls come in...Important Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Bros/Sis who have installed the Auto Folding Side Mirror, Pls come in...Important Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Bros/Sis who have installed the Auto Folding Side Mirror, Pls come in...Important Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Bros/Sis who have installed the Auto Folding Side Mirror, Pls come in...Important Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Bros/Sis who have installed the Auto Folding Side Mirror, Pls come in...Important Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Bros/Sis who have installed the Auto Folding Side Mirror, Pls come in...Important Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Bros/Sis who have installed the Auto Folding Side Mirror, Pls come in...Important Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Bros/Sis who have installed the Auto Folding Side Mirror, Pls come in...Important Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Bros/Sis who have installed the Auto Folding Side Mirror, Pls come in...Important

+10
lordhawk
bigbull
nothing
tish
Cypher
greatgazoo
NightAngler
ckpay
lawrenceke
Redbean
14 posters

Go down

Bros/Sis who have installed the Auto Folding Side Mirror, Pls come in...Important Empty Bros/Sis who have installed the Auto Folding Side Mirror, Pls come in...Important

Post by Redbean 25th May 2009, 9:07 pm

First of all, would like to say that im writing this Email with good intention. Coz i do not wish for anyone to be stuck in a predicament like what i have experienced, twice.And im sure many people polish their car with their radio on, windows down and etc as well.

Secondly, would like to thank Mk13 and the Mancando boss and team for the quick response. Much appreciated.

To be frank, this experience is really a bummer.

I installed the auto folding mirror on last saturday . Everything was nice and smooth. Drove for 1 day. Mirror works fine.

On sunday, took my car out for a polish myself.

Turn the engine off. Then i realise i need the radio, so i put to accesories. (The following steps are what i could recall, but more or less, the door has to be open, the key at On or assesories, i think the ding ding ding ding key in keyhole sound was activated as well.Seriously i didnt even spend enough time to go and know when the mirrors will fold. Think it is at on.) Then i realise i need the windows to wind down, so i turn the key to ON in order to wind down windows. Used the manual button to close the mirror. After that, proceed to polish. When im done, i started the engine, the mirrors did not move anymore. The manual button doesnt work at all. So my mirrors were stuck at the close position. Couldnt be folded out by hand as well. I called Mk13 who promptly help me to contact mancando boss who promptly called me back. Decided that the mirror is dead and i have no way to drive to IMM as i stay in the east. So we set a time for today's evening. He came sharply on time, took a look, fuse was gone. So a new one was put in place and everything work again. We tested around abit. Things were good. So we shook hands and they left.

Suddenly i remember that perhaps i should try out the same procedure which i did on sunday itself which cause the fuse to burn.
I tried the same thing again, and guess what. The mirrors died on me again. Sigh.

Had to call Mancando boss again, and he was equally shock. He will be coming down to change the whole relay for me this wed.I thank him for that. This is what i call after sales service. Im very sian now but still happy that at least they are responsive.

Thus, bros and sis. Please try this at home!Im not kidding! At a time when u really dont need the car. Coz when the mirror died on u, u cannot fold them out by hands. So beware. U have been warned. U try this at places far away from ur home, u gonna have a hard time driving without the side mirrors.

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Bros/Sis who have installed the Auto Folding Side Mirror, Pls come in...Important Empty Re: Bros/Sis who have installed the Auto Folding Side Mirror, Pls come in...Important

Post by lawrenceke 25th May 2009, 9:18 pm

Good info! What's the damage bro? Got warranty for the mirrors?
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Bros/Sis who have installed the Auto Folding Side Mirror, Pls come in...Important Empty Re: Bros/Sis who have installed the Auto Folding Side Mirror, Pls come in...Important

Post by Redbean 25th May 2009, 9:20 pm

lawrenceke wrote:Good info! What's the damage bro? Got warranty for the mirrors?

300 bucks. Think got 1 yr warranty?

Well, at least the boss and his team will be coming down to rectify again. I cant imagine driving all the way up to IMM without the side mirrors..lol.

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 25th May 2009, 9:23 pm

Thanks bro, how does the mirrors work?

Is it when u start yr car, the mirrors auto open then if off engine, it will auto flip close?
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbean 25th May 2009, 9:24 pm

lawrenceke wrote:Thanks bro, how does the mirrors work?

Is it when u start yr car, the mirrors auto open then if off engine, it will auto flip close?

yeap yeap.

But now my mirrors are stuck at close! Sian. Want to drive also cannot!!

At least if it is spoilt when the mirrors are open, still ok. It has to fail when it is closed!

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by ckpay 25th May 2009, 9:56 pm

oh gosh~ gotta try out then. mine was given by C&C and i not sure where/which vendor they installed it... Rolling Eyes

ckpay

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 25th May 2009, 10:02 pm

ckpay wrote:oh gosh~ gotta try out then. mine was given by C&C and i not sure where/which vendor they installed it... Rolling Eyes

shd be the same vendor.. Razz
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by NightAngler 25th May 2009, 10:05 pm

There should be some "spare" fuses in the fuse box. Insert a fuse of similar or slightly lower rating. Get the system to operate to "OPEN" position. Thereafter, DON"T touch the MANUAL control again till MANCANDO attends to it.

At least you still can use the car while awaiting troubleshooting/repair.

NightAngler

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbean 25th May 2009, 10:12 pm

NightAngler wrote:There should be some "spare" fuses in the fuse box. Insert a fuse of similar or slightly lower rating. Get the system to operate to "OPEN" position. Thereafter, DON"T touch the MANUAL control again till MANCANDO attends to it.

At least you still can use the car while awaiting troubleshooting/repair.

Yeap. There are some spare fuses. I open up, but i dont know which is the one to change..coz there's no clear indication that says side mirrors or something. There are labels for air con and etc, but dont have side mirror. Erm,maybe i go check the manual later. Damn, should have asked him which fuse he changed.Just didnt think i will be dat suay. haha

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by NightAngler 25th May 2009, 10:51 pm

Redbean wrote:Yeap. There are some spare fuses. I open up, but i dont know which is the one to change..coz there's no clear indication that says side mirrors or something. There are labels for air con and etc, but dont have side mirror. Erm,maybe i go check the manual later. Damn, should have asked him which fuse he changed.Just didnt think i will be dat suay. haha
If the auto mirror power is tapped from one of the fuses, take a powerful torchlight & shine onto all of them. A blown fuse has tell tale signs & will be different from the rest.

Alternatively, remove one fuse at a time & see through the transparent/translucent area. For a blown fuse, the fuse element will have a break between both ends.

I've never seen how the add on wiring was done, there's still a possibility that the system has its own "extra" fuse wrapped nicely in a fuse holder along one of the original wire bundle.

To know whether the system is tapped from one of the original car fuse, try out ALL of the other car system & see which system is NOT operating (suggest trying out power window control first since that was the related system before your mirror fails). Should you manage to identify the system that fails, look for the fuse in the fuse box again. That should be the fuse that has blown.

Good luck

NightAngler

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbean 26th May 2009, 12:21 am

NightAngler wrote:
Redbean wrote:Yeap. There are some spare fuses. I open up, but i dont know which is the one to change..coz there's no clear indication that says side mirrors or something. There are labels for air con and etc, but dont have side mirror. Erm,maybe i go check the manual later. Damn, should have asked him which fuse he changed.Just didnt think i will be dat suay. haha
If the auto mirror power is tapped from one of the fuses, take a powerful torchlight & shine onto all of them. A blown fuse has tell tale signs & will be different from the rest.

Alternatively, remove one fuse at a time & see through the transparent/translucent area. For a blown fuse, the fuse element will have a break between both ends.

I've never seen how the add on wiring was done, there's still a possibility that the system has its own "extra" fuse wrapped nicely in a fuse holder along one of the original wire bundle.

To know whether the system is tapped from one of the original car fuse, try out ALL of the other car system & see which system is NOT operating (suggest trying out power window control first since that was the related system before your mirror fails). Should you manage to identify the system that fails, look for the fuse in the fuse box again. That should be the fuse that has blown.

Good luck

Thanks bro, i traced the relay wire and found the fuse. It was blown. I replaced it with a spare fuse which i found in the car. Worked for a while, Blown again after that. Tough luck. It has to blow when it closed. somehow that's how it fails.

sian.

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by ckpay 26th May 2009, 12:52 am

is there any manual button to on/off the mirror?
i juz ensure it will open when i start engine, and will close when i off engine...

so i forgot to ask my SE where e button is. Embarassed

ckpay

Back to top Go down

Post by NightAngler 26th May 2009, 1:02 am

Redbean wrote:Thanks bro, i traced the relay wire and found the fuse. It was blown. I replaced it with a spare fuse which i found in the car. Worked for a while, Blown again after that. Tough luck. It has to blow when it closed. somehow that's how it fails.

sian.
If the blown fuse is used only for Auto fold mirror, remove this fuse after mirror had extended FULLY. This procedure will remove power to mirror (i.e. no power to retract & blow the fuse again)

If blown fuse is shared by other system, try the following:
Once the mirror had reached "FULLY EXTENDED" position, remove all wires from relay to mirror. Mirror should remain at "EXTENDED" since there won't be power available for retraction.

Auto fold mirror system is tied to key switch & initiate auto "RETRACT" once key switch is turned to OFF. Therefore, you'll need to remove fuse/wire with key switch at "ON" position.

Be careful when using metallic tools around other supply wires or near battery terminals.
A direct short circuit between battery terminals can cause an explosion.
Ensure any power supply wires that have been cut/removed DO NOT touch any metallic chassis.

NightAngler

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbean 26th May 2009, 1:23 am

NightAngler wrote:

If the blown fuse is used only for Auto fold mirror, remove this fuse after mirror had extended FULLY. This procedure will remove power to mirror (i.e. no power to retract & blow the fuse again)

That fuse is only for the auto fold mirror.

1st time after i replaced, it worked, so i thought, hack,as long as i dont do what i did on sunday, shouldnt be a problem. But it blew after all.

Thus, second time, i took out another fuse for my signal light and wanted to do like what u suggested(Thinking since i cant drive without my mirrors,most prob signal light can go as well). However, this time around, It just blew the moment i turn on the engine which left me with mirrors folded again and yet another blown fuse. No

Think there's something wrong with the relay or there's some connection problem behind the door cover which im not confident of opening. Ill just have to wait for MANCANDO to replace everything. Coz by the rate i try with my 10A fuse, i think all my systems will be gone. haha.

Thanks for the advise though

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 26th May 2009, 1:26 am

I think you are the first case that encounter this. I think I will just force the mirror out if its stuck there Razz
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbean 26th May 2009, 1:27 am

ckpay wrote:is there any manual button to on/off the mirror?
i juz ensure it will open when i start engine, and will close when i off engine...

so i forgot to ask my SE where e button is. Embarassed

Yes there is, mine is beside the ESP button.

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 26th May 2009, 8:48 am

Redbean wrote:

Can you post a pic of the manual button?
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by ckpay 26th May 2009, 9:28 am

Redbean wrote:

yeah~ i found mine. Very Happy

ckpay

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbean 26th May 2009, 8:13 pm

Think i found the reason, but of coz it is not verified as i do not know how to open the cover on the door to get access into the internal wiring.

For pple who install the auto folding, there will be a cable that leads from the relay to the side mirror, and u can see it near the hinge of the door when u open it.

I realised this cable is in great tension whenever the side window is being wind down, when mirror is up, the tension is gone. And the window was tugging at it when it was being wind down.

I manage to open up the cover to the side mirror and wind the window up and down. And yeap, when the window is wind down, the connections between the side window and the cable is affected as well.

But of coz, i dont really know how to open up the door cover, dont want to take the risk and break the cover. lol

Anyway, bros, pls observe if ur cable is being tugged at by ur side windows. If it is the same case, most prob u will suffer from blown fuse as well.

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbean 26th May 2009, 8:14 pm

weeza77 wrote:
Redbean wrote:

Hello, it is just a button beside the ESP button. Perhaps i should say around 2 cm away from the ESP button.

Sorry didnt see ur post till i came back from the car. U cant miss the button.

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by NightAngler 26th May 2009, 8:54 pm

Redbean wrote:I realised this cable is in great tension whenever the side window is being wind down, when mirror is up, the tension is gone. And the window was tugging at it when it was being wind down.

I manage to open up the cover to the side mirror and wind the window up and down. And yeap, when the window is wind down, the connections between the side window and the cable is affected as well.

Anyway, bros, pls observe if ur cable is being tugged at by ur side windows. If it is the same case, most prob u will suffer from blown fuse as well.
With above info, I suspect that one(or more) of the mirror power supply wires is chaffing(rubbing) with door frame/metallic body parts whenever the window is winding down.

Possible causes are:
1) Window movement pulled a power supply wire causing it to be disconnected resulting in "exposed' live wire. "Disconnected" wire happens to "shortcircuit" to ground.

2) Improper wire bundle laying or wrapping interfering with power window movements. Insulation (protective layer of electrical wires) for one or more of the power supply wires had been damaged by window movements. Damaged wire with exposed copper wires had been squeezed causing "shortcircuit" to ground.

Ground - any metallic door or body parts with electrical connection to negative terminal of car battery .

Electrical shortcircuit is the most likely cause for a blown fuse.

As long as can locate/isolate the physical cause for the blown fuse, repair is usually easy & fast.

NightAngler

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbean 26th May 2009, 9:01 pm

NightAngler wrote:
With above info, I suspect that one(or more) of the mirror power supply wires is chaffing(rubbing) with door frame/metallic body parts whenever the window is winding down.

Possible causes are:
1) Window movement pulled a power supply wire causing it to be disconnected resulting in "exposed' live wire. "Disconnected" wire happens to "shortcircuit" to ground.

2) Improper wire bundle laying or wrapping interfering with power window movements. Insulation (protective layer of electrical wires) for one or more of the power supply wires had been damaged by window movements. Damaged wire with exposed copper wires had been squeezed causing "shortcircuit" to ground.

Ground - any metallic door or body parts with electrical connection to negative terminal of car battery .

Electrical shortcircuit is the most likely cause for a blown fuse.

As long as can locate/isolate the physical cause for the blown fuse, repair is usually easy & fast.

Haha yeah. wanted to rectify it myself but im not very sure how to open up the door panel cover, so i shall leave till the mancando pple...

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 26th May 2009, 11:04 pm

First you open up you small speaker at the window there by pulling out. There after, at the handle there, there's a small cover, open it and unscrew. At the right and left side, there is one screw each, unscrew it, after that, use a bit of strength and pull open the whole panel. That's it. Just my one cent contribution.

But still it's better u let the professional do it as they know where the clip is and they are daring enough to pull it open. Razz
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 26th May 2009, 11:23 pm

Redbean wrote:
weeza77 wrote:
Redbean wrote:

Hello, it is just a button beside the ESP button. Perhaps i should say around 2 cm away from the ESP button.

I'm just enquiring whether the button looks original (factory fitted) or aftermarket?
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbean 26th May 2009, 11:44 pm

greatgazoo wrote:First you open up you small speaker at the window there by pulling out. There after, at the handle there, there's a small cover, open it and unscrew. At the right and left side, there is one screw each, unscrew it, after that, use a bit of strength and pull open the whole panel. That's it. Just my one cent contribution.

But still it's better u let the professional do it as they know where the clip is and they are daring enough to pull it open. Razz

thanks. Yeah man. Now only side mirror spoilt, wait i itchy hands become the whole door spoilt.

But ill observe him closely tmr to see how he does it.

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbean 26th May 2009, 11:45 pm

weeza77 wrote:
Redbean wrote:
weeza77 wrote:
Redbean wrote:

I'm just enquiring whether the button looks original (factory fitted) or aftermarket?

It looks factory fitted~

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 27th May 2009, 11:39 am

greatgazoo wrote:First you open up you small speaker at the window there by pulling out. There after, at the handle there, there's a small cover, open it and unscrew. At the right and left side, there is one screw each, unscrew it, after that, use a bit of strength and pull open the whole panel. That's it. Just my one cent contribution.

looks like u can write out a servicing manual sooner or later hahah
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 27th May 2009, 11:59 am

that side speaker not that difficult to remove but must be careful, certain part quite brittle....be careful of the wiring too..
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbean 27th May 2009, 8:03 pm

Ok, yeap, it's really the cable that is causing the error. It's fixed. Thanks to the helpful and responsive pple of mancando.

Thanks to the bros here as well especially nightangler with regards to the advise

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbull 27th May 2009, 8:35 pm

hi Guys,

The time when I confirmed my Forte in March, I have already asked my SE regarding the electric folding mirror, and I was warned better to give it a miss. The reason being that additional wire need to be connected, and chances of problem arising from the cable is very high.

I have mentioned this potential problem in one of the postings last time. Hope u guys can find a way to resolve it. But for me, I guess I will stick to folding the mirrors with my "electric" hand. Very Happy

bigbull

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbean 27th May 2009, 8:41 pm

bigbull wrote:hi Guys,

The time when I confirmed my Forte in March, I have already asked my SE regarding the electric folding mirror, and I was warned better to give it a miss. The reason being that additional wire need to be connected, and chances of problem arising from the cable is very high.

I have mentioned this potential problem in one of the postings last time. Hope u guys can find a way to resolve it. But for me, I guess I will stick to folding the mirrors with my "electric" hand. Very Happy

Yeah, u are right problem did arise from the wiring. But actually not alot of additional wires at all. IIRC only 5 cables actually. 1 goes left, 1 goes right, 2 to circuit board, 1 to the manual button. And all the wires start from the relay which is 1 small little box under the steering wheel.

In fact i found the problem myself, just that i couldnt rectify it coz i didnt know how to open up the door panel.

Of coz, fingers crossed, hopefully the problem stops here~

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbull 27th May 2009, 8:58 pm

Redbean wrote:
bigbull wrote:hi Guys,

Yeah, u are right problem did arise from the wiring. But actually not alot of additional wires at all. IIRC only 5 cables actually. 1 goes left, 1 goes right, 2 to circuit board, 1 to the manual button. And all the wires start from the relay which is 1 small little box under the steering wheel.

In fact i found the problem myself, just that i couldnt rectify it coz i didnt know how to open up the door panel.

Of coz, fingers crossed, hopefully the problem stops here~

Frankly, I am always very skeptical over after-market items. The best is all from the manufacturers. If not, better make do with what u get, cos I am not an expert.

Hope all these wiring problems will not affect the other electric & electronic parts of the car. Sorry, cos I am not trained in this area. Laughing

bigbull

Back to top Go down

Post by lordhawk 28th May 2009, 12:11 am

Hmmm...I better QC thoroughly when Mancando installs mine tomorrow...
lordhawk
lordhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbean 28th May 2009, 12:21 am

lordhawk wrote:Hmmm...I better QC thoroughly when Mancando installs mine tomorrow...

yeah, check the cable i mentioned in my first post.

Wind ur windows up and down while ur doors are fully open. You wouldnt want ur cable to be in tension whenever there's movement from ur windows.

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbean 28th May 2009, 12:22 am

bigbull wrote:

Frankly, I am always very skeptical over after-market items. The best is all from the manufacturers. If not, better make do with what u get, cos I am not an expert.

Hope all these wiring problems will not affect the other electric & electronic parts of the car. Sorry, cos I am not trained in this area. Laughing

Seriously this is my first time using after-market items that need internal wiring. Ill be bluffing if i say Confidence not shaken at all. But of coz, i guess this is just a minor hiccup. Im the only person who got this problem.

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 28th May 2009, 12:27 am

Or you all can pay me small fee for mine electric hand..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbean 28th May 2009, 12:29 am

impact2001 wrote:Or you all can pay me small fee for mine electric hand..

hehe. Everytime i drive, i call u.

10 ct per fold. onz? lol

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by hobbes 2nd June 2009, 1:06 pm

ang dao... mine is ok, but i'll look out for this potential problem. thanks for highlighting it to us.

hobbes

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 2nd June 2009, 2:41 pm

saw the pic the way the keep the module, kind of messy if u ask me....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by lordhawk 2nd June 2009, 10:32 pm

Autofold side mirrors installed a-ok for me. Been using for a week now and nothing has cropped yet.

Agreed though, that the whole installation process does look a little messy. To install the pushbutton, for eg, they drill a hole near the ESP switch and install this rather flimsy looking plastic button. But otherwise the windows themselves are pretty sturdy.

Got to see the front tweeters of the Forte ICE during the process. Wow, never knew I had a 6-speaker setup. No wonder the sound so good! Smile
lordhawk
lordhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbean 2nd June 2009, 10:32 pm

hobbes wrote:ang dao... mine is ok, but i'll look out for this potential problem. thanks for highlighting it to us.

Yeah good to hear that.

Guess mine is just isolated case which good as well. At least it wouldnt be a continuous nightmare.

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbean 2nd June 2009, 10:34 pm

lordhawk wrote:Autofold side mirrors installed a-ok for me. Been using for a week now and nothing has cropped yet.

Agreed though, that the whole installation process does look a little messy. To install the pushbutton, for eg, they drill a hole near the ESP switch and install this rather flimsy looking plastic button. But otherwise the windows themselves are pretty sturdy.

Got to see the front tweeters of the Forte ICE during the process. Wow, never knew I had a 6-speaker setup. No wonder the sound so good! Smile

lol Yeah. Good to hear that.

I met the guys 3 times in total, wanted to ask them to teach me how to properly open up the door panel , but decided that i should not be itchy hand.

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbean 2nd June 2009, 10:35 pm

nothing wrote:saw the pic the way the keep the module, kind of messy if u ask me....

Pretty much an improvised set up. Just the box, and 3 pairs of cables i think. 1 pair goes left, 2 pairs go right.

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 2nd June 2009, 11:31 pm

Redbean wrote:
nothing wrote:saw the pic the way the keep the module, kind of messy if u ask me....

Pretty much an improvised set up. Just the box, and 3 pairs of cables i think. 1 pair goes left, 2 pairs go right.

Where the pictures? Show me ???
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by hahahan 14th November 2009, 4:39 pm

Reviving this thread. My Ex(A) going to be fitted with autofold mirrors(freebie) during 1K servicing this thursday. There was no stock when I collected car. I have some reservations about installing them:

1) I read from this forum, mirrors fold when engine off. Think this is not so safe. Can I disable this function? Either manual fold with switch or fold when I lock the door using the alarm lock. Read that some of the forte bros here can disable by pressing a button for 3-5 secs. Don't see any button at the side panel. Only a flick switch to move the mirrors left/right. Spoke with a C&C person over the phone, he said something like cannot. Installation is standard.

2) Motorised, mechanical moving parts. Bound to spoil in the long run adding to repair cost. How reliable are these auto mirrors?

Automated mirror adjustment is good for my family cause I am not the only driver but autofold on engine off is my concern. Would like to hear some opinions. tks .

hahahan

Back to top Go down

Post by mehmehhh 14th November 2009, 8:10 pm

hahahan wrote:Reviving this thread. My Ex(A) going to be fitted with autofold mirrors(freebie) during 1K servicing this thursday. There was no stock when I collected car. I have some reservations about installing them:

1) I read from this forum, mirrors fold when engine off. Think this is not so safe. Can I disable this function? Either manual fold with switch or fold when I lock the door using the alarm lock. Read that some of the forte bros here can disable by pressing a button for 3-5 secs. Don't see any button at the side panel. Only a flick switch to move the mirrors left/right. Spoke with a C&C person over the phone, he said something like cannot. Installation is standard.

2) Motorised, mechanical moving parts. Bound to spoil in the long run adding to repair cost. How reliable are these auto mirrors?

Automated mirror adjustment is good for my family cause I am not the only driver but autofold on engine off is my concern. Would like to hear some opinions. tks .

Just press the button & the mirror can close or open even when the engine is off.
Mine oso EX(A), autofold mirror comes in stock.
mehmehhh
mehmehhh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down