Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Help needed.... Haiz... Just buang a taxi.... Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Help needed.... Haiz... Just buang a taxi.... Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Help needed.... Haiz... Just buang a taxi.... Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Help needed.... Haiz... Just buang a taxi.... Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Help needed.... Haiz... Just buang a taxi.... Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Help needed.... Haiz... Just buang a taxi.... Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Help needed.... Haiz... Just buang a taxi.... Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Help needed.... Haiz... Just buang a taxi.... Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Help needed.... Haiz... Just buang a taxi.... Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Help needed.... Haiz... Just buang a taxi....

+15
nothing
Siaoster
jactsq
loveforte
Fortec
greatgazoo
tish
FeiLeong
impact2001
Terrier
keigo
Cypher
kapitan
nocash
hyunjin
19 posters

Go down

Help needed.... Haiz... Just buang a taxi.... Empty Help needed.... Haiz... Just buang a taxi....

Post by hyunjin 11th June 2009, 8:54 pm

Sorry guys, dont know if this is the right place to ask for help but here goes..

Met with a car accident with my bro's less-than-1-month-old-forte early this morning with a taxi..

Anyway just wondering u guys have any lobangs for repairs? Also i would like to know how much will the repair be... to be consider reasonable... Cause i just check with the authorised dealer... the amount add up to be 3k+

Here is the pix of our poor forte Sad ...

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img198/4269/dsc00377i.jpg

hyunjin

Back to top Go down

Help needed.... Haiz... Just buang a taxi.... Empty Re: Help needed.... Haiz... Just buang a taxi....

Post by nocash 11th June 2009, 8:56 pm

Bro, feel so sorry to hear that. Crying or Very sad
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Help needed.... Haiz... Just buang a taxi.... Empty Re: Help needed.... Haiz... Just buang a taxi....

Post by hyunjin 11th June 2009, 8:59 pm

nocash wrote:Bro, feel so sorry to hear that. Crying or Very sad

thanks bro... i think my own bro is even sadded as ytd was his bday and i met with an accident..Crying or Very sad

hyunjin

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 11th June 2009, 9:01 pm

Go back to agent and claim insurance, since its first year, you paid high premium, just claim.

3k plus is reasonable consider they will change the bonnet, the mud guard and frontbumper, and spray....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by hyunjin 11th June 2009, 9:10 pm

kapitan wrote:Go back to agent and claim insurance, since its first year, you paid high premium, just claim.

3k plus is reasonable consider they will change the bonnet, the mud guard and frontbumper, and spray....

bro, we are using our dad's name for insurance and also we already had settled the taxi's side problem liao... how ah ?

hyunjin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 11th June 2009, 9:26 pm

Bro kapitan already advised you to back to agent. Think of your bro's feeling. At least when you sent to agent all parts will be replaced... as good as new...
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 11th June 2009, 9:30 pm

how come you never go for insurance? Never do own settled cause there will be cases where...

You personally settle the case with the taxi's driver and you paid him the $$ but later the taxi's driver go make a claim from insurance against you.. then how?

Next sending you car to private work shop for a new car like forte which might end up using 3rd party parts which is not as good as agents parts.
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 11th June 2009, 9:44 pm

keigo brought up very good point.. FYI.. When taxi have any dmg, they MUST repaired in their own company workshop which required them to report. They might make report against u for more $$ is up to him now and hopefully he nv take any of your car photo or take down your particular.

New car are suggested to claim insurance cause of high premium u paid for the first year and parts are not easy to get since forte are just launched.

I dunno if you still can claim from your insurance.. why not get advised from your insurance friend before approaching your insurance agent.

Last edited by Terrier on 11th June 2009, 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 11th June 2009, 9:50 pm

hehe all these are base on personal experience. Cause not only you can claim again damage, you can also claim from personal health or mental damage.

So that why no matter what never never go for personal settle cause nowaday not like last time where you can just personal settle and everything will go away.
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by hyunjin 11th June 2009, 9:51 pm

weeza77 wrote:Bro kapitan already advised you to back to agent. Think of your bro's feeling. At least when you sent to agent all parts will be replaced... as good as new...

Yay, i understand man. I'm equally don't feel good about it too. Crying or Very sad

hyunjin

Back to top Go down

Post by hyunjin 11th June 2009, 9:57 pm

Terrier wrote:keigo brought up very good point.. FYI.. When taxi have any dmg, they MUST repaired in their own company workshop which required them to report. They want to make report against u for more $$ is up to him now and hopefully he nv take any of your car photo or take down your particular.

New car are suggested to claim insurance cause of high premium u paid for the first year and parts are not easy to get since forte are just launched.

I dunno if you still can claim from your insurance.. why not get advised from your insurance friend before approaching your insurance agent.

Oh dear, he got my car photo and particulars liao. And I already paid for his car repair liao. Erm i got hand written proof and particulars from him in black and white format saying i already paid for it liao..

Hmm, guess i will ask my friend about insurance thingy.. thanks lot.

hyunjin

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 11th June 2009, 10:10 pm

if urs is AIG... your brother shall have received a AIG insurance booklet telling u what to do.. you must report the acciedent within 24hrs no matter big or small incident..

As for the repair, I really suggest you bring to AD to service as the aftermarket spare parts are still not that common in those outside service center (becos forte still quite new) and could anyhow charge a price..

I was thinking sometimes those taxi drivers purposely let u buang them one, so they can take holiday without making any rental loss... (This was my own thinking, don't take my words for truth)
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by hyunjin 11th June 2009, 10:14 pm

impact2001 wrote:if urs is AIG... your brother shall have received a AIG insurance booklet telling u what to do.. you must report the acciedent within 24hrs no matter big or small incident..

As for the repair, I really suggest you bring to AD to service as the aftermarket spare parts are still not that common in those outside service center (becos forte still quite new) and could anyhow charge a price..

I was thinking sometimes those taxi drivers purposely let u buang them one, so they can take holiday without making any rental loss... (This was my own thinking, don't take my words for truth)

Yay. i understand. We still pondering if we need to claim cause it will affect the mcd or ncd ? What is the word for it? Anyway as for the taxi drivers i dont wish to comment much..

hyunjin

Back to top Go down

Post by FeiLeong 11th June 2009, 10:16 pm

keigo wrote:how come you never go for insurance? Never do own settled cause there will be cases where...

You personally settle the case with the taxi's driver and you paid him the $$ but later the taxi's driver go make a claim from insurance against you.. then how?

Next sending you car to private work shop for a new car like forte which might end up using 3rd party parts which is not as good as agents parts.

Bro u r rite..all taxi driver are very veli dirty , last time my son met an accident at the 4 junction near lot 1. my son called me..I went down to settle ,the taxi driver admitted his faults caused the accident then we exchanged contact nos and license nos. Told me settle with his insurance company. Few days later NUTC insurance called me tat the taxi driver claim insurance from me.. Immediately I called the idiot and Fxx him right and left then he told me tok to his lawyer now he is not free.End out repair my car cost 2k plus.

Lesson learn>> if evry brother have an accident with taxi drive if u r in the right, pls let him sign the paper that he is wrong n caused the accident on the spot.
If not u end up like me canot claim the taxi and worst he turn around claim urs. affraid

Tat my sharing to all bro and sis.. Surprised
FeiLeong
FeiLeong

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 11th June 2009, 10:20 pm

hmm, sorry to hear what happen to ur bro's car bro.

But it looks to me some dent on the bumper and beyond that bumper. Some knocking and respray should do right?

I'm not sure what i see is correct.

I got no knowledge on car accident, sorry cant help
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 11th June 2009, 10:23 pm

YOu can help by smacking the taxi driver pipi... Laughing
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by hyunjin 11th June 2009, 10:37 pm

tish wrote:hmm, sorry to hear what happen to ur bro's car bro.

But it looks to me some dent on the bumper and beyond that bumper. Some knocking and respray should do right?

I'm not sure what i see is correct.

I got no knowledge on car accident, sorry cant help

That was i tot of too. But if u look closely i kana small parts of everything... that why the damage turns out to be (*#()!@*)(*)(!@

hyunjin

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 11th June 2009, 11:35 pm

From the look of it, your whole headlamp will definitely have to change. And if you are not fussy, just spend a few hunder dollars to knock the den part out. As for scratches, just respray so that it does not look so visible and that will do.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 12th June 2009, 1:31 am

Feel ur pain bro, hope u sort out the insurance quick quick.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 12th June 2009, 1:47 am

pain
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by jactsq 12th June 2009, 2:09 am

greatgazoo wrote:From the look of it, your whole headlamp will definitely have to change. And if you are not fussy, just spend a few hunder dollars to knock the den part out. As for scratches, just respray so that it does not look so visible and that will do.

As for the dented part, I think there is a way to try to push it out ourselves. I knocked my dad's car's front part against a car park wall and he managed to push it out from inside himself. (My dent was much worst than yours around the whole corner) After pushing it looked ok already and all we needed was respraying...

Cheer up ya, shit happens! Tomorrow will be better... Very Happy

jactsq

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 12th June 2009, 8:52 am

i am not sure about forte warrenty or how the accident claim repairs agent works

this is what i heard from my colleague abotu his vios...
he had met with a accident causing his front side body (i.e just slightly infront of the front left wheel) to dent in.....

he was thinking whether should he knock it back out....he called toyota to check.....they told him say that if he knock it back out....his warrenty for the car will be void.....

does it really works this way ?
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 12th June 2009, 9:56 am

First and foremost, even if u do a private settlement, call up AIG and informed them on the accident and agreement between the taxi and u. Best to fax them the private settlement form that both parties have signed and acknowledged that each party will not claim against each other.
For the car repair, U have to claim OD (own damages) in order for the repairs to proceed and pay the excess since it's your fault. As mentioned by most bros here, send back to AD for repairs since it's new car under warranty.

Hopefully the taxi driver is a man with integrity, if he turns his words and claim against u, it will be worse.....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 12th June 2009, 10:25 am

actually after an accident everyone sure panic one. But i think bro nothing is right, maybe in the end if u self repair n settle , u safe alot. But if the other party turn against u( my friendS kena be4) u in big trouble n might end up pay more! The safe side is like what bro nothing said, tell aig u settle outside n show them the proof. If the increase next year excess, buy outside company loh. bo bian play safe. SG socieity, everything can kena backfire without know. Very Happy
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by luvxiaobeng 12th June 2009, 10:34 am

Erm.... Bro juz to check if your is AIG insurance rite..... If you read throught fine lines, they will tell you that the insurance will not cover anyone with driving experiences below 2 years or certain age limit( I can't remember clearly but is something like tat), if the premium was not apply under your name
luvxiaobeng
luvxiaobeng

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 12th June 2009, 10:41 am

fawh...don cover ?? ......AIG is one of the most ex insurance around right ?
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 12th June 2009, 10:46 am

but there is a "name driver" clause which oso cover those ppl named under the policy.. hope ur bro is listed in the policy.. Razz

Anyway u already so-called "settled" with the taxi driver.. jus hope he will no turn back n claim against u..

So far i think bro nothing's suggestion is the best.. motor claims is getting too complex and insurers r following their framework closely.. so like it or not we have to stick to their way of working else we will not be able to claim.. seems to me self-settlement days r over.. unless its really minor and non injury related kinda accident..
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 12th June 2009, 10:55 am

i think xiaobeng is rite i remember reading something like tat.. anyway its best for u to go back to the agent like all others have sad as ur car is very new unless ur not fussy about outside workshop knocking and putting putty for u on ur car. else go back to agent and get everything brand new. anyway do get a private settlement form and get the taxi driver to sign it, then fax in to ur insurance so that the taxi driver cant do funny things. actually u should had paid the taxi if ur intending to pay excess and claim OD. BTW looking at the pic i think its hard for body shop guys to knock back as u can see that the dmg is on the side kanna bone liao.. new car i suggest go back agent
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbull 12th June 2009, 2:07 pm

hyunjin, I have a few accidents before, and one accident 2.5 years ago, my wife and I were both injured too, sent to GH in ambulance. My newly 4 mths old car was badly damaged. All the accidents happened o me were not my faults, and I have a bit of experience in the claim area after all these cases.

Firstly, when any accidents involving taxi, I warn U! Be prepared to be in for some surprises!affraid Many taxi drivers will claim u for damages to the vehicles, loss of income due to the taxi sent in for repair work, rental costs, and worst still! Medical bills! affraid All taxi drivers love to be hit, especially from the back! This is the best time for all taxi drivers to go and ask for MC and say headache lah, not fit to drive due to shock lah, chest pain lah, and the worst they can claim u for whiplash, and your pants will sure to drop! affraid They may say ok on the spot, but a few days later, u will received letters from their taxi company claiming u for all the damages! They can shake leg at home and yet able to have income at the same time. Not to scare u, claim for whiplash can go from $5k to $50k or even more, depending how the other party's doctor's report.

Never think u can settle with the taxi driver so easily. Never pay him any money too and tot u can get him to repair his taxi on his own, cos u will need to pay more later! Most taxi drivers will turn round and give u more bites later. Always beware of taxi drivers, they are the worst people on the road! Twisted Evil

Go and report and give all details to your insurance company, and let them settle with the other party. Do not go anywhere else for the repair, but go back to C&C. It is advisable for all new cars within the first 3 years to go back to the authorized dealers for all repair work. If not, your warranty will be at stake. Crying or Very sad

bigbull

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down