Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
IMPT: Forte EX 1.6 Auto stalled suddenly on CTE Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
IMPT: Forte EX 1.6 Auto stalled suddenly on CTE Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
IMPT: Forte EX 1.6 Auto stalled suddenly on CTE Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
IMPT: Forte EX 1.6 Auto stalled suddenly on CTE Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
IMPT: Forte EX 1.6 Auto stalled suddenly on CTE Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
IMPT: Forte EX 1.6 Auto stalled suddenly on CTE Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
IMPT: Forte EX 1.6 Auto stalled suddenly on CTE Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
IMPT: Forte EX 1.6 Auto stalled suddenly on CTE Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
IMPT: Forte EX 1.6 Auto stalled suddenly on CTE Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

IMPT: Forte EX 1.6 Auto stalled suddenly on CTE

+12
VAG
lebet
greatgazoo
jaspek
aswalkersg
Fortessimo
FriesL
pessimizt
longbow
lawrenceke
hanxiang87
pbeyondp
16 posters

Go down

IMPT: Forte EX 1.6 Auto stalled suddenly on CTE Empty IMPT: Forte EX 1.6 Auto stalled suddenly on CTE

Post by pbeyondp 20th March 2010, 6:27 pm

Dear all,

please take note that my friend has one episode of his forte auto stalling out of a sudden along expressway. I was in his car.

freaking dangerous.

the whole car no response even though we tried to re-crank it. EMAS came and tried to recrank too. no response. its not battery problem.

they towed it to a nearest carpark and C&C sent another tow truck over.

C&C couldn't detect any fault to it and did a re-programming to the ECU. the car is back to normal now.

pbeyondp

Back to top Go down

IMPT: Forte EX 1.6 Auto stalled suddenly on CTE Empty Re: IMPT: Forte EX 1.6 Auto stalled suddenly on CTE

Post by hanxiang87 20th March 2010, 7:45 pm

sounds serious...
hanxiang87
hanxiang87

Back to top Go down

IMPT: Forte EX 1.6 Auto stalled suddenly on CTE Empty Re: IMPT: Forte EX 1.6 Auto stalled suddenly on CTE

Post by lawrenceke 20th March 2010, 7:54 pm

anything happened while driving?
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 20th March 2010, 7:55 pm

wah this is no joke lei, better take note if there are other cases. Btw did the car roll or jerk to a stop?
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by pbeyondp 20th March 2010, 10:38 pm

nope.

the electronics of the car just stopped altogether.

no jerking whatsoever.

its definitely not mechanical. its electronics.

the car was still rolling and the hazard light was immediately turned on and fortunately we could pull at the road shoulder.

car is 23,000km mileage old.

pbeyondp

Back to top Go down

Post by pbeyondp 20th March 2010, 10:42 pm

1st batch of fortes EX auto.

pbeyondp

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 20th March 2010, 11:13 pm

pbeyondp wrote:nope.

no jerking whatsoever.

the car was still rolling and the hazard light was immediately turned on and fortunately we could pull at the road shoulder.

Oh my, did CNC give a satisfactory explanation ?
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 21st March 2010, 3:12 am

wah, this is no joke, and glad no accident...

btw, can i just ask when everything went off.. is
1, steering working? (power assist avail?)
2. Brake?
3. engine in gear? if so did your friend switch it to N? or could it?

Thanks.

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortessimo 21st March 2010, 3:18 am

Hmmm.....23,000km which means ur friend bought during the same period as me. COE $4460? My Forte coming to 28,000km liao, just turned 1 year old. So far, i ever encounter sudden powerloss only once...the car felt like it almost stalled and i got shock...after that no such problem liao lei. Wanna check, did the car stalled when ur friend release pedal and den tried to accelerate again?
Fortessimo
Fortessimo

Back to top Go down

Post by pbeyondp 21st March 2010, 10:25 am

FriesL wrote:wah, this is no joke, and glad no accident...

btw, can i just ask when everything went off.. is
1, steering working? (power assist avail?)
2. Brake?
3. engine in gear? if so did your friend switch it to N? or could it?

Thanks.

1. steering still working. (the steering is EPS)
2. didn't try to press brake cos already no power and in the middle of expressway, our main intention is to drift left to the road shoulder. early morning not many cars so luckily no issue.
3. He switched to N immediately and turned on hazard lights. i can vouch for that.

pbeyondp

Back to top Go down

Post by pbeyondp 21st March 2010, 10:27 am

Fortessimo wrote:Hmmm.....23,000km which means ur friend bought during the same period as me. COE $4460? My Forte coming to 28,000km liao, just turned 1 year old. So far, i ever encounter sudden powerloss only once...the car felt like it almost stalled and i got shock...after that no such problem liao lei. Wanna check, did the car stalled when ur friend release pedal and den tried to accelerate again?

ya COE around that price. bought same period. just turned 1 year old.

i can't answer your question cos didn't take note of that.

u mentioned it almost stalled? what is almost stalled?

for our case its a complete stalled with battery and EPS indicator turned on.

pbeyondp

Back to top Go down

Post by pbeyondp 21st March 2010, 10:29 am

pessimizt wrote:

no jerking whatsoever.

CNC said its the first time they heard of such incident.

they did a "thorough" check and everything works okay.

they reprogrammed the ECU and said that car is back to normal.

the explanation sux frankly.

pbeyondp

Back to top Go down

Post by aswalkersg 21st March 2010, 11:13 am

pbeyondp wrote:
pessimizt wrote:

no jerking whatsoever.

CNC said its the first time they heard of such incident.

they did a "thorough" check and everything works okay.

they reprogrammed the ECU and said that car is back to normal.

the explanation sux frankly.

My 2.0 Forte Auto(on the 3rd months about 5000km mileage) has the similar problem as the 1.6 Auto except not while cruising on Highway.
Drove on TPE, SLE, exit Woodlands Ave 2 and at traffic light junction the car just died instantly(no vibration or warning) . Quickly restarted the car and it it started . This is after travelling non stop for 32km and the engine is warm and even when cold this should not happen.

Brought it back to C&C to check the error code (like my previous Mitsubishi) but no such feature in Forte.

Perhaps we should compile list of FORTE encountering this problem and the situation it happened.

Car Stalling instantly :
1)pbeyondp 1.6 Ex Auto 23,000km at Highway
2)aswalkersg 2.0 Forte Auto 5000km at Traffic Junction

aswalkersg

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 21st March 2010, 11:27 am

Hope everything is well for you bro.

Thats probably they sounded like 'see and see'.........

Wondering what is this stalling problem caused....
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by aswalkersg 21st March 2010, 11:37 am

pessimizt wrote:Hope everything is well for you bro.

Thats probably they sounded like 'see and see'.........

Wondering what is this stalling problem caused....

Thanks Bro . Yeah seems like a software bug that they don't acknlwledge or kept silent.

aswalkersg

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 21st March 2010, 11:44 am

By the way, is your ride stock ?
Or got change anything in the engine bay ?

So many things to take note of nowadays when driving my stock EX (A).......
1) windscreen piak piak
2) engine stalling
3) wheel alignment
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortessimo 21st March 2010, 2:59 pm

pbeyondp wrote:
Fortessimo wrote:Hmmm.....23,000km which means ur friend bought during the same period as me. COE $4460? My Forte coming to 28,000km liao, just turned 1 year old. So far, i ever encounter sudden powerloss only once...the car felt like it almost stalled and i got shock...after that no such problem liao lei. Wanna check, did the car stalled when ur friend release pedal and den tried to accelerate again?

ya COE around that price. bought same period. just turned 1 year old.

i can't answer your question cos didn't take note of that.

u mentioned it almost stalled? what is almost stalled?

for our case its a complete stalled with battery and EPS indicator turned on.

Almost stalled feeling, dunno how to explain also...lol...it's like a sudden pull back...caused my heart to stop for awhile also...haha....scary sia...
Fortessimo
Fortessimo

Back to top Go down

Post by jaspek 21st March 2010, 3:33 pm

is it due to a crank sensor problem? It suddenly stalled and when u try to recrank it but it does not restart. I had it with my previous ride b4. It is also not a battery problem and not spark plug or spark cable problem. Did the check engine light on.
jaspek
jaspek

Back to top Go down

Post by pbeyondp 21st March 2010, 3:51 pm

Dear all,

1) engine light isn't on when the stall happens.

2) only EPS and battery indicator is on.

3) Car is able to re-crank after 1hour.

explanation of point 3.
=================
The car stalled on the highway, we rolled to the road shoulder. We can't recrank no matter how we tried. no response.
note that the gear is at PARKING, handbrake is up and we tried different permutations of re-cranking.

EMAS came and tried cranking. still no response. machiam dead car.

tow to C&C (all in all take 1 hour).

technician from C&C immediately crank and the car can start.

we were puzzled.

for safety reasons technician did a ECU reset and re-download.
car is now back to normal

pbeyondp

Back to top Go down

Post by pbeyondp 21st March 2010, 3:53 pm

OH and btw!

when the incident happened: the forte was on DENSO iridium spark plugs
and K&N air filter

technician advised to change both components back to original which we did.
EVERYTHING is back to stock. pure stock.

hope for the best.

pbeyondp

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 21st March 2010, 4:05 pm

Air filter can cause engine stalling ? Dont think so right.........
Spark plug wise i am not sure.........not so car tech though.
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by jaspek 21st March 2010, 5:09 pm

nowsday the car electronics are too advanced so we tend to have a problem for this so called technology thats is in place. I dun think so air filter can cause this problem. any tunning for the ECU?
jaspek
jaspek

Back to top Go down

Post by pbeyondp 21st March 2010, 7:13 pm

they reprogrammed the ECU to the latest version.

i really really hope the latest version will solve the problem.

pbeyondp

Back to top Go down

Post by hanxiang87 21st March 2010, 7:55 pm

pbeyondp wrote:OH and btw!

when the incident happened: the forte was on DENSO iridium spark plugs
and K&N air filter

technician advised to change both components back to original which we did.
EVERYTHING is back to stock. pure stock.

hope for the best.

air filter and spark plugs causing it not to work? OMG... they bluff ppl or wat... spark plugs maybe yes maybe no.. .50-50... air filter =/ wth.. no link le
hanxiang87
hanxiang87

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 21st March 2010, 8:07 pm

Manufacturing fault and not 100% QC before they are shipped to SG. Just pray that you are the lucky one and not the unlucky one when it comes to buy things.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by pbeyondp 21st March 2010, 10:34 pm

let's hope for the best then.

but bros please take note.

this issue can be fatal.

pbeyondp

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 21st March 2010, 10:42 pm

Could anyone advise why spark plugs may cause concern?
mine 100% stock and did happen like some bro mentioned here.. i was traveling at ~90+km/h and sudd.. the car feels like just "off" for 1 seconds or so then it just come back fully normal and nothing since then..
think so should be of the same kind? ya?

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 22nd March 2010, 7:35 am

FriesL wrote:Could anyone advise why spark plugs may cause concern?
mine 100% stock and did happen like some bro mentioned here.. i was traveling at ~90+km/h and sudd.. the car feels like just "off" for 1 seconds or so then it just come back fully normal and nothing since then..
think so should be of the same kind? ya?

Oh my.......stock spark plugs also faces similar issue !!! IMPT: Forte EX 1.6 Auto stalled suddenly on CTE Icon_evil
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by lebet 22nd March 2010, 7:35 am

could be fuel pump dying.. or the timing chain? this prevents the engine from starting and also stalling while driving.

lebet

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 22nd March 2010, 9:48 am

dun think so, cos.. its like TS described, more likely electronics.. cos meter everything just kind of lost power...

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by VAG 22nd March 2010, 9:58 am

I had this problem on my previous Renault before, used around 1 yr. Traveled on ECP and suddenly lose power, cannot start again.. Replace the entire fuse box and reprogram ECU, later found out is the flywheel sensor faulty.
VAG
VAG

Back to top Go down

Post by pbeyondp 23rd March 2010, 7:35 am

VAG wrote:I had this problem on my previous Renault before, used around 1 yr. Traveled on ECP and suddenly lose power, cannot start again.. Replace the entire fuse box and reprogram ECU, later found out is the flywheel sensor faulty.

what is flywheel sensor?

i only know the crank sensor.

in addition, could u restart the car, say, after 1 hour later?

lastly, when u said "cannot start again", do u mean the engine totally can't crank?

pbeyondp

Back to top Go down

Post by kqkhlj 23rd March 2010, 8:01 am

My sound system sometimes does not produce sound during cold start but it starts to work after the second cranking. Not sure if its due to electrical issue.

kqkhlj

Back to top Go down

Post by VAG 23rd March 2010, 10:59 am

pbeyondp wrote:
VAG wrote:I had this problem on my previous Renault before, used around 1 yr. Traveled on ECP and suddenly lose power, cannot start again.. Replace the entire fuse box and reprogram ECU, later found out is the flywheel sensor faulty.

what is flywheel sensor?

i only know the crank sensor.

in addition, could u restart the car, say, after 1 hour later?

lastly, when u said "cannot start again", do u mean the engine totally can't crank?

This is wht the technician said, I think should be about the same kind of sensor. For Renault, it's push start with all the complex electronics, the battery is still draining even car is off. The engine cannot be start and crank again even after I waited for some time. At the end, I need to call the road side assist to tow the car back to Service Center.

In the Renault forum, ppl are always discussing on the sensor problem. Seems to me that nowadays engine sensors will degrade after some time due to the heat of the engine bay in our hot climate. IMPT: Forte EX 1.6 Auto stalled suddenly on CTE Kopfschuettel
VAG
VAG

Back to top Go down

Post by pbeyondp 23rd March 2010, 1:05 pm

wah....

based on your experience, what should i do?

KIV?

pbeyondp

Back to top Go down

Post by pbeyondp 23rd March 2010, 1:06 pm

kqkhlj wrote:My sound system sometimes does not produce sound during cold start but it starts to work after the second cranking. Not sure if its due to electrical issue.

since your problem can easily be replicated, i suggest u look for CNC?

pbeyondp

Back to top Go down

Post by boklsg 23rd March 2010, 1:19 pm

It happen to my previous ride Nissan also..

stall engine on bke...cannot crank too..

Check and found fuel pump faulty...

boklsg

Back to top Go down

Post by VAG 23rd March 2010, 4:05 pm

I would recommend to properly tape up all the connectors that are exposed to the environment in the engine bay. I also bought some cable wrap to shield up all the wires from engine heat and moisture. As I found the factory wire harness wrap are barely minimal for heat protection.

All these material can be found at Sim Lim Tower.
VAG
VAG

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 23rd March 2010, 5:11 pm

STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 23rd March 2010, 5:14 pm

I think human beings are using too much electronics in the cars.
One little wrong will result in alot of problems.........
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by lebet 23rd March 2010, 5:28 pm

normal la. even mercs, bmws also break down on the roadside because of electronics problem.

the VW people are loving their cars alot, even though their VW cars got problems here and there.

Just enjoy the drive la. If got breakdown, thank the heavens if you maintained your warranty with CnC. If you save money by going outside workshop, then just pay out whatever u have saved lo.

lebet

Back to top Go down

Post by thinkforte 23rd March 2010, 6:00 pm

VAG wrote:I would recommend to properly tape up all the connectors that are exposed to the environment in the engine bay. I also bought some cable wrap to shield up all the wires from engine heat and moisture. As I found the factory wire harness wrap are barely minimal for heat protection.

All these material can be found at Sim Lim Tower.

VAG bro, can post some pictures of what you mean? What do you mean by "properly tape up" and what is this "cable wrap" you mentioned?

Thanks in advance! =)

thinkforte

Back to top Go down

Post by pbeyondp 23rd March 2010, 11:32 pm

ya i also wondering what is there to tape leh.

skali CNC say u modify your engine bay hahahahah

pbeyondp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down