Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Can the USB port support a 500Gb HDD? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Can the USB port support a 500Gb HDD? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Can the USB port support a 500Gb HDD? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Can the USB port support a 500Gb HDD? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Can the USB port support a 500Gb HDD? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Can the USB port support a 500Gb HDD? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Can the USB port support a 500Gb HDD? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Can the USB port support a 500Gb HDD? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Can the USB port support a 500Gb HDD? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Can the USB port support a 500Gb HDD?

+7
whitechoco
dunbother
Guardian
mero
KnightRider
dandeana21
Williammm
11 posters

Go down

Can the USB port support a 500Gb HDD? Empty Can the USB port support a 500Gb HDD?

Post by Williammm 6th March 2010, 8:39 pm

As above... Can i connect a 500Gb hdd to the USB port?
Williammm
Williammm

Back to top Go down

Can the USB port support a 500Gb HDD? Empty Re: Can the USB port support a 500Gb HDD?

Post by dandeana21 6th March 2010, 8:47 pm

maybe become....

Can the USB port support a 500Gb HDD? Burned10
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Can the USB port support a 500Gb HDD? Empty Re: Can the USB port support a 500Gb HDD?

Post by KnightRider 6th March 2010, 9:13 pm

....ur hdd ah...hahah

Last edited by KnightRider on 6th March 2010, 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
KnightRider
KnightRider

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 6th March 2010, 9:18 pm

Can the USB port support a 500Gb HDD? Lol no lah... juz teasing.. Can the USB port support a 500Gb HDD? Icon_tongue but won't suggest plugging the hdd into the car's usb slot.. coz hdd may end up damaged coz of the moving needle inside the hdd that will scratch the disc surface esp when car is moving.. if scratch, den can say bye bye to whole hdd lor...
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightRider 6th March 2010, 9:23 pm

ya loh.....
KnightRider
KnightRider

Back to top Go down

Post by mero 6th March 2010, 9:59 pm

technically speaking it should work, but it's bad for the HDD cos of the vibrations inside the car... not sure whether it'll take a long time for the HU to read the HDD too

mero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guardian 7th March 2010, 1:00 am

Any body test maybe with a 250GB first???
Guardian
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by dunbother 7th March 2010, 2:40 am

try SSD ? might have good result. and 160gb.anyway it should support hdd. just make sure 1.8/2.5"
dunbother
dunbother

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 7th March 2010, 4:49 pm

wah.. 500GB can put super a lot of songs leh.. or u changing to double din to play video? hehee
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 7th March 2010, 5:11 pm

FIrst thing....why you need 500GB sia...

I cant even finish playing all my songs in my 32GB iPhone and i only use like 3GB?
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by Williammm 7th March 2010, 5:46 pm

I have a portable HDD for work ma...
Then inside that HDD i have like 60Gb of songs...

So i was wondering if it can support. If cannot then i will just grab 2 x 32Gb Thumb liao.

I cannot try yet coz i'm still waiting for my car Razz
Williammm
Williammm

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 7th March 2010, 8:43 pm

Williammm wrote:I have a portable HDD for work ma...
Then inside that HDD i have like 60Gb of songs...

So i was wondering if it can support. If cannot then i will just grab 2 x 32Gb Thumb liao.

I cannot try yet coz i'm still waiting for my car Razz

oops.. seriously, i would recommend that you do not plug ur portable HDD into the car.. Coz any sudden car movements can really dmg the disc surfaces and once that happens, ur data will be lost.. Use flash memory - ie thumbdrive, etc... anyway, there's high capacity flash drives which can oredi store a lot of songs leh..
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 7th March 2010, 9:03 pm

ya lor 60GB of songs....how long u driving sia?
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by godspeedyou 7th March 2010, 11:21 pm

80gb ipod 5th gen. still ok, just that initially it had issues detecting the iPod. just drove back my Tangkak in Johor, still alive. Maybe should try my 250gb ext hdd.
godspeedyou
godspeedyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanyu 8th March 2010, 12:05 am

I think can't play song... so no point putting in... Because the USB port taps the data and format from ipod/iphone...
Sanyu
Sanyu

Back to top Go down

Post by godspeedyou 8th March 2010, 12:08 am

I plug in thumb-drive ok, no issues, 4gb sony.
godspeedyou
godspeedyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Williammm 8th March 2010, 1:18 am

I drive quite a lot, so need to have a lot of songs to choose from Razz
Can clock abt 10k in 6weeks.

Anyone here tried 160Gb hdd or 32Gb Thumbs?
Williammm
Williammm

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 8th March 2010, 11:53 am

Williammm wrote:I drive quite a lot, so need to have a lot of songs to choose from Razz

wah then on average per day 240km leh...
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by petertan 8th March 2010, 12:35 pm

may i know what song format can Forte supports via USB ?

mp3, Winamp, etc ??

Thanks..

petertan

Back to top Go down

Post by dunbother 9th March 2010, 12:01 am

the label on the top of the audio is mp3 and audio, i assume only mp3 format.winamp -> application
dunbother
dunbother

Back to top Go down

Post by dunbother 9th March 2010, 12:01 am

Williammm wrote:I drive quite a lot, so need to have a lot of songs to choose from Razz

i got a 32 thumb, tml i try then let u know.
dunbother
dunbother

Back to top Go down

Post by Williammm 9th March 2010, 12:21 am

NiVleK wrote:

Ya +/- abt there...
i pump petrol every 3 days when i was driving Fit...
mileage for Fit is abt 550km... full tank 42l
Williammm
Williammm

Back to top Go down

Post by dunbother 9th March 2010, 11:39 pm

Williammm wrote:
NiVleK wrote:

Ya +/- abt there...
i pump petrol every 3 days when i was driving Fit...
mileage for Fit is abt 550km... full tank 42l
okie, 32gb works. the sandisk one. i also mix alot of files and other audio format, it appear to pick up mp3 only, however the loading took about a minute.
dunbother
dunbother

Back to top Go down

Post by godspeedyou 10th March 2010, 9:43 pm

wma can? should not be a problem.
godspeedyou
godspeedyou

Back to top Go down

Post by dunbother 10th March 2010, 11:57 pm

godspeedyou wrote:wma can? should not be a problem.
i din get wma yet. cause i got aprox 220mp3 and just few wma.halfway while driving today at about 70+ track, the audio stopped and it keep skipping track until the last file, then it prompt unable to read usb. detection is very long, well changi to jurong west, i try to plug out and in, change mode. no use... Once i park the car, off the audio, off engine, on engine again then can detect the thumb. wma, tml i try to put into a seperate folder and test.
dunbother
dunbother

Back to top Go down

Post by godspeedyou 11th March 2010, 12:04 am

you can't pluck out when its still running. 1min to read 32gb flash drive ok lah, not too bad. your mileage, siong sia. End to end. Maybe should airport to raffles marina.
godspeedyou
godspeedyou

Back to top Go down

Post by dunbother 11th March 2010, 12:08 am

godspeedyou wrote:you can't pluck out when its still running. 1min to read 32gb flash drive ok lah, not too bad. your mileage, siong sia. End to end. Maybe should airport to raffles marina.
ehh im using the 1gb thumb. when it prompt to cant detect or something like that. change 32gb also same. until off audio and engine i assume the power then on back okie liao.my milage ah.. mmm i predict next week can send in service. collect last week nia. but no choice, my job allowance paying off the car.
dunbother
dunbother

Back to top Go down

Post by Williammm 13th March 2010, 1:55 am

So far nobody tried using a HDD? I'm keen to find out whether it works flawlessly anot.. Razz

Only thing i scared is the problem dunbother face...
HDD or thumbs same...
If that happens damn sian... have to listen to all those songs all over again Razz
Williammm
Williammm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down