Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Car getting lower Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Car getting lower Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Car getting lower Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Car getting lower Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Car getting lower Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Car getting lower Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Car getting lower Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Car getting lower Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Car getting lower Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Car getting lower

+6
JuanST
ano57
boklsg
hanxiang87
b0yc0tt
tarepanda_lyh
10 posters

Go down

Car getting lower Empty Car getting lower

Post by tarepanda_lyh 2nd March 2010, 9:36 am

Hi Bros and Sis, I've been washing my Forte every week and found that it is getting more difficult to wash the inside of the tyres. It seems the car has lowered quite significantly over the last 8 months (or my hands have gain alot of meat/fat?). Any bros or sis facing the same issue?
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Car getting lower Empty Re: Car getting lower

Post by b0yc0tt 2nd March 2010, 9:39 am

tarepanda_lyh wrote:Hi Bros and Sis, I've been washing my Forte every week and found that it is getting more difficult to wash the inside of the tyres. It seems the car has lowered quite significantly over the last 8 months (or my hands have gain alot of meat/fat?). Any bros or sis facing the same issue?

Got ah !?

Lower betta wor.. Car getting lower 332362

Car getting lower Icon_lol Car getting lower Icon_lol
b0yc0tt
b0yc0tt

Back to top Go down

Post by hanxiang87 2nd March 2010, 11:33 am

O.o how come will lower?
hanxiang87
hanxiang87

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 2nd March 2010, 12:10 pm

dunno leh, still trying to figure out Car getting lower Icon_eek
Ask CnC previously and they say it's normal...wonder whether they know of anything tat is abnormal Car getting lower Icon_mad
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by boklsg 2nd March 2010, 1:22 pm

Maybe next time you can ask c&c that what causes of it and what do they mean by normal...
see if they can answer your question or not...

boklsg

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 2nd March 2010, 1:33 pm

spring might sit in and get "seasoned"
Should not lower very significantly.
You should get it check to see if its chamber/body is leaking

C&C always beh choon one....
Later u become like this
Car getting lower 27963
cyclops
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 2nd March 2010, 1:45 pm

nice rims...... Car getting lower Icon_razz
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 2nd March 2010, 1:52 pm

think suspensions should already "run in" and by now shoudl already be your "normal" level..
should it keep getting lower, better have your suspensions checked.

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 2nd March 2010, 2:16 pm

thanks bros, i'll continue to monitor and possibly try to get CnC to check on my next servicing
hope i won't end up as the pic by tat time Car getting lower Icon_smile and ya, nice rims!!
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 2nd March 2010, 5:36 pm

even I am on 17" with 50 profile tire, still can place 3 fingers width vertically...get yr suspension check....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by b0yc0tt 2nd March 2010, 5:43 pm

wait.... how low is your 'low' now?

Let us take for reference.. Car getting lower Icon_neutral
b0yc0tt
b0yc0tt

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 2nd March 2010, 5:52 pm

using fingers to gauge, hmm...maybe mine from 4 fingers lower down to 2 1/2 fingers. It does not happen overnight, just gradually lower over 8 mths
mine is 1.6EX (A) with 15" rims

I'll get CnC to chk on my next servicing, but dunno will they say "it's normal" again Car getting lower Icon_mad

thks bro
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by IPOH FORTE 2nd March 2010, 9:22 pm

The shock absorber is getting weak, hence no able to push the body up as a result the clearance will reduce: new car 4 finger, slowly reduce to 3 then 2 then it is time to change the shock absorber. Good brand like Koni and Bilstein do not have Forte model at the moment. Hopelly don't have to wait too long.

IPOH FORTE

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 3rd March 2010, 10:15 am

thinking absorber should last good few years before need change.. unless.. full load everyday.... ya? 8months is just too short..
this is worrying!

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 3rd March 2010, 10:16 am

FriesL wrote:thinking absorber should last good few years before need change.. unless.. full load everyday.... ya? 8months is just too short..
this is worrying!

yalah.... if like this, soon enuf the bk will be sweeping the road..... Car getting lower Icon_mad
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 3rd March 2010, 10:29 am

FriesL wrote:thinking absorber should last good few years before need change.. unless.. full load everyday.... ya? 8months is just too short..
this is worrying!

most of the time one fifth load i.e. only me Car getting lower Icon_smile
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 3rd March 2010, 1:39 pm

hmmmm is the driver gaining in mass?
or boot getting more occupied? ( i see some peepz here treat their boot like storeroom.)
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 3rd March 2010, 2:32 pm

ano57 wrote:hmmmm is the driver gaining in mass?
or boot getting more occupied? ( i see some peepz here treat their boot like storeroom.)

my car boot only have one pail, one bottle of water and one bottle of car wash, dun think it's very heavy
I've to admit i've gained weight over the past mths Car getting lower Icon_redface , but then my weight gain doesn't cross the 5kg mark leh...surely not so serious to cause car to lower so significantly, right? Car getting lower Icon_eek

but then again, i think i need to start exercising to reduce my weight, maybe it'll help to stop the lowering Car getting lower Icon_razz

Last edited by tarepanda_lyh on 3rd March 2010, 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 3rd March 2010, 2:50 pm

tarepanda_lyh wrote:
ano57 wrote:hmmmm is the driver gaining in mass?

I've to admit i've gained weight over the past mths Car getting lower Icon_redface , but then my weight gain doesn't cross the 5kg mark leh...surely not so serious to cause car to lower so significantly, right? Car getting lower Icon_eek

but then again, i think i need to start exercising to reduce my weight, maybe it'll help to stop the lowering Car getting lower Icon_razz

if it is due to that, then the lowering shud only happen on the driver side ... Car getting lower Icon_razz
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 11th March 2010, 2:00 am

THE RIDE HEIGHT IS DETERMINED BY THE SPRINGS.
The shock absorbers are there to absorb the bumps and uneven surfaces hence "shock absorbers"

Maybe u wanna check with ur wife/hubby if she/he secretly change to lowered springs or coilovers Razz which prolly is the case coz the odds for all 4 sides to simultaneously auto lower themselves evenly over a short period is ridiculously small.

Unless by some stroke of luck, u got urself different 4 springs that loses their stiffness simultaneously coz of batch materials/manufacturing issues???? That will prolly spawned other similar cases like urs.

IMHO, get a few different professional opinions from different workshops.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 11th March 2010, 9:25 am

Fortec wrote:THE RIDE HEIGHT IS DETERMINED BY THE SPRINGS.
The shock absorbers are there to absorb the bumps and uneven surfaces hence "shock absorbers"

Maybe u wanna check with ur wife/hubby if she/he secretly change to lowered springs or coilovers Razz which prolly is the case coz the odds for all 4 sides to simultaneously auto lower themselves evenly over a short period is ridiculously small.

Unless by some stroke of luck, u got urself different 4 springs that loses their stiffness simultaneously coz of batch materials/manufacturing issues???? That will prolly spawned other similar cases like urs.

IMHO, get a few different professional opinions from different workshops.

me still single leh so no wife to secretly lowering the springs Car getting lower Icon_lol
I was puzzled too as the lowering were almost consistent on 4 wheels (using hand to gauge only)... if only driver side then i know im e main reason Car getting lower Icon_razz

im hoping tat CnC is able to shed some light on my next servicing (though e hope might be slim)

anyway im monitoring on whether it is lowering any further, as some bros have mentioned it might be the suspensions/shock absorbers have seasoned
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 11th March 2010, 10:16 am

yes.. seasoned but should well stop by now.. considering its quite some time already..
better get it checked.. btw, is there any different feel when going thru uneven roads..? sounds, harder? cant believe... of the quality of the absorber. haiz

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 11th March 2010, 12:18 pm

But the car being lower sure look nice right? Let's hope u get ur piece of mind soon and enjoy the ride
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 11th March 2010, 2:33 pm

FriesL wrote:yes.. seasoned but should well stop by now.. considering its quite some time already..
better get it checked.. btw, is there any different feel when going thru uneven roads..? sounds, harder? cant believe... of the quality of the absorber. haiz

I still got uneven feeling when going thru uneven road Car getting lower Icon_razz on a serious note, feel still remain the same

sound wise, have already gotten used to the "loudness" so can't really feel any difference

but before calling the quality of the absorber into question, let me get CnC to confirm the causes... dun wan our fellow Forte owners to get worried over their absorber Car getting lower Icon_biggrin
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 11th March 2010, 2:39 pm

Fortec wrote:But the car being lower sure look nice right? Let's hope u get ur piece of mind soon and enjoy the ride

thks bro Fortec.
im definitely not complaining abt the look Car getting lower Icon_lol
i just wanna resolve any potential problem, if there is any... i can only hope CnC can really help
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down