Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
wheel alignment problem Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
wheel alignment problem Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
wheel alignment problem Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
wheel alignment problem Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
wheel alignment problem Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
wheel alignment problem Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
wheel alignment problem Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
wheel alignment problem Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
wheel alignment problem Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

wheel alignment problem

+16
ano57
Fransge
kezman
b0yc0tt
rttex
aryanz82
skyliquid
muff
Sanyu
rainbow
DarkPrince
icepool
joA
carman
Siao_Liao
Edwin
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

wheel alignment problem Empty wheel alignment problem

Post by Edwin 24th February 2010, 11:32 pm

hi i just collected my koup, anyone had collected his/hers koup with the same problem i had?
Edwin
Edwin

Back to top Go down

wheel alignment problem Empty Re: wheel alignment problem

Post by Siao_Liao 24th February 2010, 11:41 pm

Edwin wrote:hi i just collected my koup, anyone had collected his/hers koup with the same problem i had?

Wat do u mean by wheel alignment problem? car swirl to the right/left when traveling straight with hand off? or car vibrate when traveling about 80km/h? wheel alignment off can lead to many factors, and many causes might not be necessary due to wheel alignment.

u need to isolate problems and be precise so that bros here can have a better picture and advise as accurately as possible.

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by Edwin 24th February 2010, 11:55 pm

Siao_Liao wrote:
Edwin wrote:hi i just collected my koup, anyone had collected his/hers koup with the same problem i had?

Wat do u mean by wheel alignment problem? car swirl to the right/left when traveling straight with hand off? or car vibrate when traveling about 80km/h? wheel alignment off can lead to many factors, and many causes might not be necessary due to wheel alignment.

u need to isolate problems and be precise so that bros here can have a better picture and advise as accurately as possible.

oh ya the car will tent to swirl to the left when traveling straight with my hand off. why ar?
Edwin
Edwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 24th February 2010, 11:59 pm

Edwin wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:

oh ya the car will tent to swirl to the left when traveling straight with my hand off. why ar?

at what speed?? in which place? expressway? got any slope? side slop? bump? how many second it took to swirl to the left..above 6 second is normal...1-3 second might be wheel alignment problem or bushing...

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by Edwin 25th February 2010, 12:03 am

Siao_Liao wrote:
Edwin wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:

at what speed?? in which place? expressway? got any slope? side slop? bump? how many second it took to swirl to the left..above 6 second is normal...1-3 second might be wheel alignment problem or bushing...

is on a straight road, speed at 40-50km and it start to swirl after i release my hand off the steering wheel.
Edwin
Edwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 25th February 2010, 12:05 am

Edwin wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:
Edwin wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:

is on a straight road, speed at 40-50km and it start to swirl after i release my hand off the steering wheel.

not normal. Try it at 80km/h to justify. if immediately swirl, sent ur car back to C&C, they got a big problem here.

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by Edwin 25th February 2010, 12:06 am

Siao_Liao wrote:
Edwin wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:
Edwin wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:

not normal. Try it at 80km/h to justify. if immediately swirl, sent ur car back to C&C, they got a big problem
here.

oh ok can, thanks bro.
Edwin
Edwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 25th February 2010, 12:08 am

Edwin wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:
Edwin wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:
Edwin wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:

not normal. Try it at 80km/h to justify. if immediately swirl, sent ur car back to C&C, they got a big problem
here.

oh ok can, thanks bro.

no problem. Keep us update on the status. Finger cross.

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by carman 25th February 2010, 8:26 pm

hmmm maybe u wanna try reading the forte threads if u havent. this topic has been discussed to the cows came home, left then came back again.

regardless, its not fixable at C&C and they'll tell you its normal, they'll do wheel alignment but it will come back the same. using stock parts, the camber of the wheels cannot be changed. just read the thread. most pple fixed it outside, paying out of their own pockets.

but, its NOT normal. they'd tell u its the road curvature and nonsense like that then end with 'its normal'. but if it only moves to the left, you know something is wrong. I drive a fixed forte, it does NOT move to the left and only the left on the road.

carman

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 25th February 2010, 10:07 pm

carman wrote:hmmm maybe u wanna try reading the forte threads if u havent. this topic has been discussed to the cows came home, left then came back again.

regardless, its not fixable at C&C and they'll tell you its normal, they'll do wheel alignment but it will come back the same. using stock parts, the camber of the wheels cannot be changed. just read the thread. most pple fixed it outside, paying out of their own pockets.

but, its NOT normal. they'd tell u its the road curvature and nonsense like that then end with 'its normal'. but if it only moves to the left, you know something is wrong. I drive a fixed forte, it does NOT move to the left and only the left on the road.

that is a normal excuse given by the workshop tech who refuse to take up responsibilities. Go for a wheel alignment test, get the report and bring it to C&C. With black and white on camber angle result, they cant deny it.

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by joA 26th February 2010, 3:32 pm

think i got the same problem too. told them during my 1k service and they switch my 2 front wheels - left to right and vice-versa. Still the same, it still moves to the left.
joA
joA

Back to top Go down

Post by icepool 26th February 2010, 4:53 pm

drove a toyota before and didnt give this problem..definitely is a defect...

icepool

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkPrince 26th February 2010, 5:24 pm

bros, the drifting to the left is a norm in Forte's already.. CnC say that its normal as singapore roads slope to the left to irrigate the rain water.. however, i did my re-alignment and the mech say that the alignment was way off to the left.. paid $50 and got it straightened.. now, no more probs.. cheers!
DarkPrince
DarkPrince

Back to top Go down

Post by icepool 26th February 2010, 5:29 pm

darkprince bro, did u do the wheel alignment at cnc workshop or outside? can u give me your contacts?

icepool

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkPrince 26th February 2010, 5:37 pm

outside. i dun have the contacts but i can tell you where it is la. anyway, there is a thread here asking for group buy of wheel alignment. go search for it. good deal from a reputable dealer.
DarkPrince
DarkPrince

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 28th February 2010, 3:10 am

Edwin wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:
Edwin wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:
Edwin wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:

here.

oh ok can, thanks bro.

yoz bro..any updates? care to share?

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow 28th February 2010, 8:20 am

If you newly collected yr car, maybe should check tyre pressure first, sometime it is due to that. When I first collected mine, same problem plus steering wheel has funny sound that is unbearable.

Ask some expert to drive it, then they just change the pressure and all fixed. But, maybe I am just lucky.

I also still have slight alignment issue but not as bad.
rainbow
rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanyu 28th February 2010, 8:25 pm

bro, where do you do your allignment ar? cuz I also face the same problem. It tends to go left... and i newly collected.
Sanyu
Sanyu

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 28th February 2010, 8:46 pm

found this :

http://slate.msn.com/id/2081194/

Why Front-Wheel Drive Sucks :

"Torque Steer": One of the most annoying habits of many powerful front-drive cars is that they don't go straight when you step on the accelerator! Instead, they pull to one side, requiring you to steer in the other direction to compensate, like on a damn boat. This "torque steer" usually happens because the drive shafts that connect the engine to the front wheels aren't the same length. Under power, the shafts wind up like springs. The longer shaft -- typically on the right -- winds up a bit more, while the shorter left shaft winds up less and transmits its power to the ground more quickly, which has the effect of pulling the car to the left. (This winding-up phenomenon occurs the moment you step on the pedal. After that, the wind-up relaxes, but "torque steer" can still be produced by the angles of the joints in the drive axles as the whole drivetrain twists on its rubber mounts.)Engineers try various strategies to control this veering tendency, but even designing shafts of equal length (as in all Cadillacs) doesn't completely solve the problem because the engine still twists a bit in its mounts and alters the angles of the drive shafts. True, some manufacturers -- Audi, for example -- are said to do a particularly good job of repressing torque steer . But even a top-rank company such as Nissan has problems -- its otherwise appealing new front-drive Maxima is said to be plagued by big-time, uninhibited torque steer. Rear-drive cars, meanwhile, don't really have a torque-steer problem that needs repressing. Their power goes to the rear through one driveshaft to a center differential that can a) have equal-length shafts coming out from it and b) be more firmly mounted.
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by skyliquid 2nd March 2010, 9:08 pm

muff wrote:found this :

"Torque Steer": One of the most annoying habits of many powerful front-drive cars is that they don't go straight when you step on the accelerator! Instead, they pull to one side, requiring you to steer in the other direction to compensate, like on a damn boat. This "torque steer" usually happens because the drive shafts that connect the engine to the front wheels aren't the same length. Under power, the shafts wind up like springs. The longer shaft -- typically on the right -- winds up a bit more, while the shorter left shaft winds up less and transmits its power to the ground more quickly, which has the effect of pulling the car to the left. (This winding-up phenomenon occurs the moment you step on the pedal. After that, the wind-up relaxes, but "torque steer" can still be produced by the angles of the joints in the drive axles as the whole drivetrain twists on its rubber mounts.)Engineers try various strategies to control this veering tendency, but even designing shafts of equal length (as in all Cadillacs) doesn't completely solve the problem because the engine still twists a bit in its mounts and alters the angles of the drive shafts. True, some manufacturers -- Audi, for example -- are said to do a particularly good job of repressing torque steer . But even a top-rank company such as Nissan has problems -- its otherwise appealing new front-drive Maxima is said to be plagued by big-time, uninhibited torque steer. Rear-drive cars, meanwhile, don't really have a torque-steer problem that needs repressing. Their power goes to the rear through one driveshaft to a center differential that can a) have equal-length shafts coming out from it and b) be more firmly mounted.

Updates..

On my first 1000km servicing, KIA Leng Kee did the
wheel alignment for me, after that the pulling improved but still need
to hold on to the steering and can't free hand on straight road, today I
went to stamford tyres, wanted to do the alignment and camber bolt, the
mechanic told me all four wheel only one wheel with negative toe, all
other alignments and camber are ok, the left rear wheel with negative
toe and is not adjustable, that's why our car is
pulling left, I got the report and I'm going to blast KIA soon, this is
manufacturer's defect, KIA got to do something about it.

skyliquid

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 2nd March 2010, 9:36 pm

do update us after yr visit to CnC..
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanyu 3rd March 2010, 1:20 am

Bro, where did u do ar? and how much? I got the same problem too...

skyliquid wrote:

Updates..

Sanyu
Sanyu

Back to top Go down

Post by skyliquid 3rd March 2010, 8:09 pm

I did the report at changi Stamford, free cos my friend know the boss.

Sanyu wrote:Bro, where did u do ar? and how much? I got the same problem too...

skyliquid wrote:

Updates..

skyliquid

Back to top Go down

Post by aryanz82 4th March 2010, 3:15 am

Just got my koup.. True enuff... Like the forte, it swerves left. Hopefully the blasting that u r gonna do works n we get the problem fixed. By the way.. Not spore roads fault lei.. Go msia drive also swerve.. Dnt tell me Korean roads are tilted to the right n they had to make a car that swerves left to fix that problem.
aryanz82
aryanz82

Back to top Go down

Post by rttex 5th March 2010, 7:45 am

Torque steer is a different issue altogether. That applies to powerful front wheel drive under heavy throttle. Earlier FWD can never take more than 200bhp. In fact, a 1990 Alfa 33 cannot even take 110bhp. Chassis and suspension design has progressed and the Focus RS's 300bhp is no issue even to the FWD chassis. The pulling to the left on the drive is an alignment issue. I am not so sure though that the left toe cannot be adjusted and Kia will make sure a 'mistake'.
It is, afterall, a respectable marques well accepted in many countries.

rttex

Back to top Go down

Post by aryanz82 6th March 2010, 12:26 pm

I realised that the wheel tends to swerve more violently compared to the forte..mayb it's due to the lesser power steering..cny wait till servicing to report it.
aryanz82
aryanz82

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 7th March 2010, 2:09 am

rttex wrote:

Torque steer is a different issue altogether. That applies to powerful front wheel drive under heavy throttle. Earlier FWD can never take more than 200bhp. In fact, a 1990 Alfa 33 cannot even take 110bhp. Chassis and suspension design has progressed and the Focus RS's 300bhp is no issue even to the FWD chassis. The pulling to the left on the drive is an alignment issue. I am not so sure though that the left toe cannot be adjusted and Kia will make sure a 'mistake'.
It is, afterall, a respectable marques well accepted in many countries.

Agreed. Under heavy torque, FWD will tend to steer to the left. But i guess we are talking about normal driving with no launching performed. If it steer, it's definitely aligment issue.

By the way, mine even worst. the moment i release the steering, it start to steer to the left no matter what speed i travelling. KIA has a serious problem here.

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by b0yc0tt 7th March 2010, 3:06 am

up for awareness and show of support! wheel alignment problem Icon_cheers

Driving a 1.6SX (A) Forte.

Went for this swerving left problem servicing twice.

First time, got do like never do.

Second time (during 1000km servicing), slightly better but still steer to the left. Very annoying... can't even keep my hands off the wheel to grab my shades while forte moving.

wheel alignment problem 316913
b0yc0tt
b0yc0tt

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 7th March 2010, 1:25 pm

b0yc0tt wrote:up for awareness and show of support! wheel alignment problem Icon_cheers

Second time (during 1000km servicing), slightly better but still steer to the left. Very annoying... can't even keep my hands off the wheel to grab my shades while forte moving.

wheel alignment problem 316913

Tats how serious my 5 days koup are facing. Not a moment can i release my hand off the steering wheel.

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 7th March 2010, 1:32 pm

I think we shld start a formal complain against this allignment issue. Lets gather all the bros here and untl there is enough ppl, i will forward it to the relevant authorities.

1) Siao_Liao - Koup, Steer to the left immediately

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by rttex 7th March 2010, 5:08 pm

Personally, I won't even bother bringing it to the AD. Will just bring to an 'outside' fellow specialising in wheel alignment. Only concern is whether the data is available noting that the Koup is afterall a new model.

rttex

Back to top Go down

Post by carman 7th March 2010, 6:04 pm

i'll support this movement anytime.

forte 1.6A AND koup 1.6M

carman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyliquid 7th March 2010, 8:21 pm

rttex wrote:Personally, I won't even bother bringing it to the AD. Will just bring to an 'outside' fellow specialising in wheel alignment. Only concern is whether the data is available noting that the Koup is afterall a new model.

Is Stamford Tyres specialized? If yes, u can save the money on getting it resolved outside cos the rear wheel is not adjustable.

skyliquid

Back to top Go down

Post by kezman 8th March 2010, 5:19 am

I think we should inform c & c to get this fixed. C & C needs to higlight to KIA reg this issue. I have the same problem.

kezman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fransge 8th March 2010, 8:03 am

bro, mine more worst, i have the same issue with u guys, but my car even sway when i cornering & below my tyres have a metal man hole cap. any 1 facing this problem?
Fransge
Fransge

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 8th March 2010, 10:31 am

kezman wrote:I think we should inform c & c to get this fixed. C & C needs to higlight to KIA reg this issue. I have the same problem.

tats why i am asking those with problem to come forward and put it on the list and i will do the follow up. If you guys dun mind, can just fill in the list. It must be a true case, if not, tio counter sue, dun blame me.

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by skyliquid 8th March 2010, 4:31 pm

I think we shld start a formal complain against this allignment issue. Lets gather all the bros here and untl there is enough ppl, i will forward it to the relevant authorities.

2) skyliquid - Koup, got report from Stamford tyres, rear wheel out of alignment.

Mod, can sticky this thread?

skyliquid

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 8th March 2010, 5:44 pm

skyliquid wrote:I think we shld start a formal complain against this allignment issue. Lets gather all the bros here and untl there is enough ppl, i will forward it to the relevant authorities.

2) skyliquid - Koup, got report from Stamford tyres, rear wheel out of alignment.

Mod, can sticky this thread?

more pls....

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by skyliquid 8th March 2010, 6:34 pm

Updates...

I send in my Koup last Friday, told the service adviser about the report, he logged it in and a tester came, If I remember correctly his name is Edwin, the same tester who tested my Koup when they send my koup for wheel alignment, told Edwin about the report, Edwin send his wheel alignment guru to talk to me, the guru told me that rear wheel is not adjustable and nothing they could do, I told them I'm here to claim warranty for manufacturer's defect cos the rear wheel is not aligned, a guy called Mr Goh, very friendly person, told me that Korea counterpart will be here on 8 April and he will arrange them to check on the alignment, I was given a slot on 8 April.

Like Siao_Liao had mentioned, we need the support from all of u, add in to the list so we could show it to KIA and Korea counterpart on 8 April.

skyliquid

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 10th March 2010, 10:02 am

Like SkyLiquid mentioned.

Strength is power....
Seems like Koup have rear wheel problem while Fortes has front wheel problem....

Lets see if this will become another Toyota Incident.
Don forget Fortes and Koups are now selling well in USA too.
once safety is concerned and the issue has been brought to light..
We shall see.... the very brand image that they have been trying to built for this couple of years .. .will they stand up to the challenge or sink like the mighty Alantis
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 10th March 2010, 10:47 am

3)
4)
5)

Please come forward bros. We need your support.

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by simonking 10th March 2010, 10:56 am

mine also.
- forte, steer to the left immediately

simonking

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 10th March 2010, 11:05 am

3)simonking - Forte, steer to the left immediately
4)
5)

Please come forward bros. We need your support.

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 10th March 2010, 11:06 am

simonking wrote:mine also.
- forte, steer to the left immediately

jsut to make sure. U nv do any undercarriage mod hor? got change rim? change tyre before? add strut bar? anti roll bar? make sure it is fully stock out from factory.

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by b0yc0tt 10th March 2010, 1:22 pm

2) skyliquid -
Koup, got report from Stamford tyres, rear wheel out of alignment.
3) simonking
- Forte, steer to the left immediately
4) b0yc0tt - Forte, stock stock stock, steer steer steer, left left left
5)
b0yc0tt
b0yc0tt

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 10th March 2010, 2:51 pm

3) simonking - Forte, steer to the left immediately
5)
6)
7)

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 10th March 2010, 2:53 pm

1) Siao_Liao - Koup, Steer to the left immediately - 83661816
5)
6)
7)

Pls all leave down ur contact number. I might need to contact u guys and get ur car detail when i go down to C&C.

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by PicaBoy 16th March 2010, 8:43 am

1) Siao_Liao - Koup, Steer to the left immediately - 83661816
5) Picaboy - Steer left when brake, when going fast, when going slow...
6)
7)

PicaBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 17th March 2010, 11:48 am

i have send in the car for servicing. Will update you guys.

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next