Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Anyone planning to do PPS for your new forte? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Anyone planning to do PPS for your new forte? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Anyone planning to do PPS for your new forte? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Anyone planning to do PPS for your new forte? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Anyone planning to do PPS for your new forte? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Anyone planning to do PPS for your new forte? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Anyone planning to do PPS for your new forte? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Anyone planning to do PPS for your new forte? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Anyone planning to do PPS for your new forte? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Anyone planning to do PPS for your new forte?

+41
kysoong
Happy
powerteo
duncton
inhalerz
joepele
pessimizt
ong
forte-red
lukester
add001
sktan10
mjs
keigo
Leonard
scorpey
waypoint
Eviltrap
Jojo
Freebie
kenincf
Cypher
KnGp
graysgerald79
cboonh
greatgazoo
theist
HoLH123
nothing
luvxiaobeng
longisland
newsman
dandeana21
muff
tish
Fortec
gravin
zlement
Fortessimo
impact2001
v247
45 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Anyone planning to do PPS for your new forte? Empty Anyone planning to do PPS for your new forte?

Post by v247 29th March 2009, 12:01 pm

Been reading about Protection Paint Sealing (or watever it suppose to stand for:lol: ; juz to protect the car's colour)

Wonder is it worth the money? Some swears by it, some like chin chai dont see a need to,juz happily drive from Pt A to B can liao.

Anyone planning on this upon collection?

v247

Back to top Go down

Anyone planning to do PPS for your new forte? Empty Re: Anyone planning to do PPS for your new forte?

Post by impact2001 29th March 2009, 11:14 pm

ME... I will do CSII.. Actually for easy maintenance in future.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Anyone planning to do PPS for your new forte? Empty Re: Anyone planning to do PPS for your new forte?

Post by impact2001 29th March 2009, 11:17 pm

Not only CSII... I also intend to do 2-way alarm as I frequent malaysia quite a lot. But i will put that on hold first till there is a proven bypass mobiliser module for FORTE..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortessimo 30th March 2009, 2:01 am

impact2001 wrote:Not only CSII... I also intend to do 2-way alarm as I frequent malaysia quite a lot. But i will put that on hold first till there is a proven bypass mobiliser module for FORTE..

Confirm got immobiliser in our Forte ar? I see the key like dont have one leh.
Fortessimo
Fortessimo

Back to top Go down

Post by zlement 30th March 2009, 4:41 pm

i done my PPS at http://www.groomwerkz.com/ using a product call DiamondBrite..
zlement
zlement

Back to top Go down

Post by gravin 30th March 2009, 5:15 pm

anyone heard of system 6? I havent seen anyone discussing about this. Is it the same as this PPS that you all are talking about? I understand system 6 got to do with waxing, polishing etc.
gravin
gravin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortessimo 30th March 2009, 10:34 pm

zlement wrote:i done my PPS at http://www.groomwerkz.com/ using a product call DiamondBrite..

wow...DiamondBrite quite ex leh...$500+ rite?
Fortessimo
Fortessimo

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 31st March 2009, 12:05 am

gravin wrote:anyone heard of system 6? I havent seen anyone discussing about this. Is it the same as this PPS that you all are talking about? I understand system 6 got to do with waxing, polishing etc.

system 6 is the one given by C&C if the se managed to throw in freebies. I not sure if system-6 will have any waranty or not... But i know at least CSII got 18months waranty.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortessimo 31st March 2009, 1:50 am

impact2001 wrote:
gravin wrote:anyone heard of system 6? I havent seen anyone discussing about this. Is it the same as this PPS that you all are talking about? I understand system 6 got to do with waxing, polishing etc.

system 6 is the one given by C&C if the se managed to throw in freebies. I not sure if system-6 will have any waranty or not... But i know at least CSII got 18months waranty.

Bro, CSII will have 24mths warranty for new cars. Wink
Fortessimo
Fortessimo

Back to top Go down

Post by gravin 31st March 2009, 10:34 am

Fortessimo wrote:
impact2001 wrote:

Bro, CSII will have 24mths warranty for new cars. Wink

thanks impact & fortessimo. one more question: if i have the system6, is the CSII PPS repetitive? I understand that System 6 has paint sealant too.
gravin
gravin

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 31st March 2009, 10:05 pm

Hi garvin,

may i refer you to this thread for more understanding... CSII also appy paint sealant, but i won't be the best person to explain the theory behind it.. Bro Fortessimo had done his.. 3 months later ask him to take pictures of before and after... Then you judge for yourself. haha..

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1551946
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by zlement 31st March 2009, 10:30 pm

wow...DiamondBrite quite ex leh...$500+ rite?

actually they do hv package price.. 1 DiamondBrite appplication + few session of enchancement.. my old ride was groom by them for e past 4 yr.. till now e paint work is still in very gd condition..
zlement
zlement

Back to top Go down

Post by v247 31st March 2009, 11:13 pm

Prob plan to do a PPS too... seems like CSII is the crowd favourite here? Wink

v247

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 31st March 2009, 11:31 pm

v247 wrote:Prob plan to do a PPS too... seems like CSII is the crowd favourite here? Wink

Dont follow the crowd... Trust your instinct.. "Diamond" actually not bad.. You can check out too.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 5th April 2009, 2:58 pm

Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 5th April 2009, 4:47 pm

looks like no cheap....
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 5th April 2009, 6:09 pm

Did PPS for my previous car when it was about 2 weeks old for between $200-300 cannot remember....

This PPS is recommended for new paintwork only. It like an oil base coating that sticked to your paint and cannot be washed off easily. You can feel it with your finger. This coating prevents harmful UV ray/acids/bird's dropping etc....from penetrating into the paint. You will need to go back annually for re-coating and will need to pay a fee (think it is about $50+).

I stopped going back after the third year because with this coating you cannot do waxing or polishing.... and my paint is begining to look dull...imagine car not wax or polish for 3 years.....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 5th April 2009, 6:21 pm

Eh ?? cannot polish and wax?? Then how to maintain my car surface???
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 5th April 2009, 7:19 pm

Oil base coating? hmmm... like that if wax or polish sure will remove that pps right? Macham like waste money only...
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 5th April 2009, 7:33 pm

muff wrote:Did PPS for my previous car when it was about 2 weeks old for between $200-300 cannot remember....

This PPS is recommended for new paintwork only. It like an oil base coating that sticked to your paint and cannot be washed off easily. You can feel it with your finger. This coating prevents harmful UV ray/acids/bird's dropping etc....from penetrating into the paint. You will need to go back annually for re-coating and will need to pay a fee (think it is about $50+).

I stopped going back after the third year because with this coating you cannot do waxing or polishing.... and my paint is begining to look dull...imagine car not wax or polish for 3 years.....

eeehh?? i tot they will do waxing for u each time u go back for the annual inspection ah.. looks like corrotec will do the waxing wor.. so if they do waxing for u, i think the paint shldn't look dull liao bah..
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 5th April 2009, 10:54 pm

U become the "spokewomen" for CORROTEC... haha..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 5th April 2009, 10:56 pm

hahaha.. yah hor!! hey!! i muz charge them for advertising fee.. bounce
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 5th April 2009, 10:58 pm

CSII unique is at ubi right?? Might ask them to do.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 5th April 2009, 11:54 pm

with this PPS washing is very easy cause nothing get stick to the surface....was told this coating contain PTFE (similar to the coating on our non-stick frying pan). Feel that it really protect the paintwork...

... not suppose to wax or polish cause will remove away the coating.....but anyway the first time i tried to polish my car after I stopped going back for the re-coating, got a really hard time cause the polish very difficult to "eat" into the paint. It is only after the third polish that i feel the coating is no longer there...

And it is unlikely that they will wax or polish for you during the re-coating cause it is going to be alot of hard work and for only $50, it is most unlikely.....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 6th April 2009, 12:02 am

dandeana21 wrote:
muff wrote:Did PPS for my previous car when it was about 2 weeks old for between $200-300 cannot remember....

eeehh?? i tot they will do waxing for u each time u go back for the annual inspection ah.. looks like corrotec will do the waxing wor.. so if they do waxing for u, i think the paint shldn't look dull liao bah..

Like that i ask my agent change to corrotec instead of pps liao loh.... if cannot wash n wax also troublesome for me wor No
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by newsman 8th April 2009, 10:36 pm

Owning a Forte already cost a Bomb. Me DIY Paint Protection on all my oldies. Till today....KimKim & looking gooood!.

Just Wash, Clay, Rinse, Seal with Sealant on Day-One. Thereafter...
Wash & Wax Weekly is all i do & chipChip materials under $120 to last for years. The Bonus is a good sweat & muscle workout.
newsman
newsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 8th April 2009, 10:46 pm

newsman wrote:Owning a Forte already cost a Bomb. Me DIY Paint Protection on all my oldies. Till today....KimKim & looking gooood!.

Wash & Wax Weekly is all i do & chipChip materials under $120 to last for years. The Bonus is a good sweat & muscle workout.

Shi Fu, can chuan shou ur kung fu to me?
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 8th April 2009, 10:55 pm

What kung fu u want to learn... I know xiang long 18 palms, nine yang sheng gong, yin yang zhi...
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 8th April 2009, 10:57 pm

I want learn hou zi tou tau!
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 8th April 2009, 11:02 pm

spore bo tau tree.. how to teach.. can teach u hou zi tou coconut or not?
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by newsman 8th April 2009, 11:03 pm

Fortec wrote:
newsman wrote:Owning a Forte already cost a Bomb. Me DIY Paint Protection on all my oldies. Till today....KimKim & looking gooood!.

Shi Fu, can chuan shou ur kung fu to me?

Visit MycarForum...lots of write up.
PaiSay..my kungFu at ShengLong Si Yi Chang. Si Er, San, Si, Wu, Liew, Chi & Ba Chang is in the Forum.....

I think most of us know how to use a claybar and the purposes..Here is a video for Bros and Sis who are not sure how to go about with a claybar..

Video

Of cos i dun use QD la..Is a big investment..I usually fill shampoo mix with water in a spray bottle and use it like a Quick detail..

Unless if you are not going to polish or wax and you want to have a waxy oily feel..Then use a Quick detailer with clay...

This post has been edited by Maddriver: Mar 23 2009, 11:38 PM

--------------------

Website Maddetailer Detailing Mart
April 09 - 5% off for all Maddetailers detailing products.
newsman
newsman

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 8th April 2009, 11:05 pm

video bo work
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Anyone planning to do PPS for your new forte? Empty Paint protection system for your ride

Post by longisland 7th May 2009, 10:53 am

Hi fella owners,

I'm getting my ride soon and i'm thinking
of sealing the paintwork so that the shine can last long long. Anybody
have good recommendations on paint protection system? I heard there are
quite a feq in the market with good outcome; CSII, AG5, Toughseal and
3M. Any one here have tried before?

Cheerios Surprised
longisland
longisland

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 7th May 2009, 11:14 am

tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 12th May 2009, 11:25 am

Similar topic merged!
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 12th May 2009, 11:44 am

longisland wrote:Hi fella owners,

I'm getting my ride soon and i'm thinking
of sealing the paintwork so that the shine can last long long. Anybody
have good recommendations on paint protection system? I heard there are
quite a feq in the market with good outcome; CSII, AG5, Toughseal and
3M. Any one here have tried before?

Cheerios Surprised

for $70 - $80, Newsman can make ur car keem keem n Swee Swee until can see kar kui kui, nem liap nei using ULTIMA Sealant. Check out his pictures on his car

Last edited by Fortec on 12th May 2009, 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by luvxiaobeng 12th May 2009, 11:48 am

70 - 80 is the Solution money leh..... I think u ask newman to do... sure charge alot for workmanship man..... So hard work.... but I think price of workmanship includes let u all see "neh neh".... see sexy body ya....
luvxiaobeng
luvxiaobeng

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 12th May 2009, 12:04 pm

For new ride, worth to spend times detailing it. Choose a good sealant products i.e Ultima, Duragloss, klasse, etc. Find out the proper detailing procedure. Remember do not wax or polish in circular motion that will induce more swirl marks, try to do it horizontally..While buffing off, make sure your detailing cloth is 100% clean before buffing...
Suffer for the first month follow by preventive measures monthly...every car wash yr ride will be kim kim....My black car eevn after so many years after a good wash will return to kim kim state with just some QD applied...

By if lazy of course can pay someone to do it..so far CSII reviews pretty positive, can consider..
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by HoLH123 12th May 2009, 12:05 pm

Any one know how much it cost to do CSII?

HoLH123

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 12th May 2009, 12:09 pm

HoLH123 wrote:Any one know how much it cost to do CSII?

After 20% discount, abt $256 as quoted...better call n verify again but prepare to wait for at least 4-5 hrs to get it done...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by HoLH123 12th May 2009, 12:39 pm

nothing wrote:
HoLH123 wrote:Any one know how much it cost to do CSII?

After 20% discount, abt $256 as quoted...better call n verify again but prepare to wait for at least 4-5 hrs to get it done...

Any workshop to recommend?

HoLH123

Back to top Go down

Post by newsman 12th May 2009, 1:20 pm

Fortec wrote:
longisland wrote:Hi fella owners,

Cheerios Surprised

for $70 - $80, Newsman can make ur car keem keem n Swee Swee until can see kar kui kui, nem liap nei using ULTIMA Sealant. Check out his pictures on his car

Bro : Best n Cheap way to enjoy n love yr FORTE 4ever ......DIY The Shine.
2 coats of ULTIMA Sealant at 1-2 days interval n follow by 1 Coat of Wax at 3 days interval weekly for the 1st Moon........The Rest Is Just Regular Wash n Maintenance. However if got $70 to spare me. I can supply Shampoo, ClayBar, " Pay me extra $30 for a bottle of 4 oz Sealant-Good for 4 cars sealing-Only ONE Bottle Spare Bottle Available ", Wax n Water n Shares DIY Tips with U in shaded carpark in my home. Most Sunday AM. Than U can Nei Nei or Kar Kui Kui yrself in photo. sunny PM me lah.
newsman
newsman

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 12th May 2009, 2:11 pm

nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by theist 21st May 2009, 8:36 pm

I juz got my PPS. Diamond Brite 1 session + 4 session of comprehensive work on it and free 12x wash. Total 980. Very good service and workmanship. I was quite impressed actually. Interested can pm me. Smile

theist

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 21st May 2009, 8:59 pm

wow $980...super X Shocked just finished detailed my new ride, give it a good wash, surface was pretty smooth so skip the claying part..proceed to Duragloss 101-cleaner and polish, surface pretty clean as the surface of the mircofiber applicator was quite clean....haze n buff off...after that applied Enivroshield which is a sealant specially designed by Duragloss for Sillypore climate...applying was easy....went for a smoke and a drink leaving it to cure...later went back to buff off to kim kim.....wkend then apply aquawax 905.... cheers total time spent = 3hrs
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 21st May 2009, 10:23 pm

nothing wrote:wow $980...super X Shocked just finished detailed my new ride, give it a good wash, surface was pretty smooth so skip the claying part..proceed to Duragloss 101-cleaner and polish, surface pretty clean as the surface of the mircofiber applicator was quite clean....haze n buff off...after that applied Enivroshield which is a sealant specially designed by Duragloss for Sillypore climate...applying was easy....went for a smoke and a drink leaving it to cure...later went back to buff off to kim kim.....wkend then apply aquawax 905.... cheers total time spent = 3hrs

I just bought a set of Durogloss also...3 hours ah @_@....ok I have to find a time slot for this haha.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 21st May 2009, 10:29 pm

Fortec wrote:
nothing wrote:wow $980...super X Shocked just finished detailed my new ride, give it a good wash, surface was pretty smooth so skip the claying part..proceed to Duragloss 101-cleaner and polish, surface pretty clean as the surface of the mircofiber applicator was quite clean....haze n buff off...after that applied Enivroshield which is a sealant specially designed by Duragloss for Sillypore climate...applying was easy....went for a smoke and a drink leaving it to cure...later went back to buff off to kim kim.....wkend then apply aquawax 905.... cheers total time spent = 3hrs

I just bought a set of Durogloss also...3 hours ah @_@....ok I have to find a time slot for this haha.

Bro, you boa zong. When you going to do the 3hours thing tell me, I go see you how you do it Razz
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 21st May 2009, 10:54 pm

no need see lah..come join me! haha...prolly this weekend.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 22nd May 2009, 12:15 am

Fortec wrote:no need see lah..come join me! haha...prolly this weekend.

ok, keep me update cos I need to wash car and polish also after today rain.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by cboonh 22nd May 2009, 11:56 am

So we gonna have a weekend polishing session at Seng Kang? Very Happy
cboonh
cboonh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next