Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
SX unable to down gear at speed 120km/hr and above Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
SX unable to down gear at speed 120km/hr and above Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
SX unable to down gear at speed 120km/hr and above Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
SX unable to down gear at speed 120km/hr and above Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
SX unable to down gear at speed 120km/hr and above Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
SX unable to down gear at speed 120km/hr and above Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
SX unable to down gear at speed 120km/hr and above Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
SX unable to down gear at speed 120km/hr and above Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
SX unable to down gear at speed 120km/hr and above Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

SX unable to down gear at speed 120km/hr and above

+11
leon76
lwlty
Perryyip
FriesL
Fortec
Terrier
waypoint
KingJerry
kevinhwc
jeRrRKKKK
my_motor
15 posters

Go down

SX unable to down gear at speed 120km/hr and above Empty SX unable to down gear at speed 120km/hr and above

Post by my_motor 3rd January 2010, 11:24 am

I notice my 2.0SX Auto was unable to down gear from 3 to 2 (sportstronic) at speed 120km/hr and above. Anyone encounter before ?
If in gear 3, RPM hit 6250 or more, what will happen to the gear (auto / sportstronic mode) ? will it auto change from gear 3 to 4 or cut the fuel or stay above redline till damage. Because yesterday RPM hit 6250, did not "cut fuel" remember someone ever mention it will "cut off" to prevent damage.

my_motor

Back to top Go down

SX unable to down gear at speed 120km/hr and above Empty Re: SX unable to down gear at speed 120km/hr and above

Post by jeRrRKKKK 3rd January 2010, 11:38 am

at 120km/h you are not supposed to be in gear 2 anyway
i believe it prevents you from going down gear to prevent engine damage

you should up to 4th gear instead... why do you want to be in gear 2?

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

SX unable to down gear at speed 120km/hr and above Empty Re: SX unable to down gear at speed 120km/hr and above

Post by my_motor 3rd January 2010, 11:55 am

jeRrRKKKK wrote:at 120km/h you are not supposed to be in gear 2 anyway

for overtaking in Malaysia... some road only one lane, have to use opposite direction lane for over taking. Sometime down gear to 3 still not powerful / fast enough to over take. And worst opposite car approching, so need to down to 2. Later on stop using sportstronic (very troublesome, sometime shift knob too fast, it till remains same gear... a bit retarded. Sometime drag gear because forfotten to up gear). D mode very good. Release and step hard, it will change gear according....

my_motor

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinhwc 3rd January 2010, 12:21 pm

my_motor wrote:
jeRrRKKKK wrote:at 120km/h you are not supposed to be in gear 2 anyway

for overtaking in Malaysia... some road only one lane, have to use opposite direction lane for over taking. Sometime down gear to 3 still not powerful / fast enough to over take. And worst opposite car approching, so need to down to 2. Later on stop using sportstronic (very troublesome, sometime shift knob too fast, it till remains same gear... a bit retarded. Sometime drag gear because forfotten to up gear). D mode very good. Release and step hard, it will change gear according....

Bro, this is not call retarded. It's a safety aspect of the car. Going at 120kmph at gear 2, I think your gear box will explode soon SX unable to down gear at speed 120km/hr and above Icon_eek . U forgot to up the gear is not the gearbox's fault. U drive manual car and forget to change gear will also drag the car at the same gear. If it's troublesome just drive at D using full auto SX unable to down gear at speed 120km/hr and above 332362 .

kevinhwc

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 3rd January 2010, 12:45 pm

Perhaps if you use gear 2, the RPM will hit the red line and therefore it refuses to let you down gear?
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 3rd January 2010, 1:04 pm

SX unable to down gear at speed 120km/hr and above Icon_eek

You want to gun the engine of a 1.6-L family sedan at 120-Kph in 2nd gear?!
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 3rd January 2010, 1:08 pm

if u are speaking of this.. then i believe our Forte have the partial same technology as mini cooper..

mini cooper is a car designed for safety aspect to prevent you from over-ramming or wasting fuel unnecessary..

with RPM6250 how u want it to go down gear 2.. if u engage gear 2.. your car will be FULLY engine brake and force back the car with RPM probably goes up to red mark.. which means it will damage both your engine and gearbox..

in another word.. the ECU is working smarter than the user.
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 3rd January 2010, 1:13 pm

isn't 6250rpm in redline?
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 3rd January 2010, 1:15 pm

haha.. if he manage to engage.. think we will have news headlines.. Singapore Forte Blown up at NSHW..

then this shock will be cause panic to all forte owners and civics "yaya" owners will walk in and shook head
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by my_motor 3rd January 2010, 2:04 pm

Terrier wrote:haha.. if he manage to engage.. think we will have news headlines.. Singapore Forte Blown up at NSHW..

then this shock will be cause panic to all forte owners and civics "yaya" owners will walk in and shook head

regreted from doing that.... Only tried a few times... hope gear box and engine still ok

my_motor

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 3rd January 2010, 5:24 pm

so bro... at 6.3k rpm.. at manual (step..) did the ecu up gear for you? if you are already at 3rd gear, then.. its the right gear to use.. anyway..

i am hoping our manual override cover for upper limit too, cos it does downshift for us although in manual.. which is good SX unable to down gear at speed 120km/hr and above 332362 already..

anyone could confirm this.. ?? thanks.

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Perryyip 3rd January 2010, 8:35 pm

sot plug ar u ? tis is forte, not ferrari. tell me, which sedan below 2 litre 2nd gear can go more than 120km/h without modification and not touching red zone. Logic ?

Perryyip

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 3rd January 2010, 8:39 pm

i might be wrong but at 120km/h you would get more power in gear 4 because that would be in the middle of the gear's power band...
gear 3 at 120km/h would be at the upper rpm limits already thus probably the lesser power

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by lwlty 3rd January 2010, 10:04 pm

on 120km/j @3rd down wan 2nd gear ? cant be can down to 2nd gear -/+ gear not allowed u down gear.

lwlty

Back to top Go down

Post by my_motor 3rd January 2010, 10:50 pm

FriesL wrote:so bro... at 6.3k rpm.. at manual (step..) did the ecu up gear for you? if you are already at 3rd gear, then.. its the right gear to use.. anyway..

i am hoping our manual override cover for upper limit too, cos it does downshift for us although in manual.. which is good SX unable to down gear at speed 120km/hr and above 332362 already..

anyone could confirm this.. ?? thanks.

I think it did not up gear to 4 for me. I rammed at gear 3, when I saw it around 6250, I feel that the needle suddenly dropped below 6000 before I release some pressure on the padel. In fact, I don't know whether will it auto cut off or I have released some pressure without my notice

my_motor

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 4th January 2010, 10:16 am

oh.. k, thx.. there..
so upper limit by driver....

iirc.. saw some reviewer says forte 2nd gear is extremely long.. and could reach ~120km.. if we rammed it all the way..but think not this downgear thing at 120km la.. haaa..

even my old manual ride, could not down gear to 2nd at that kind of speed! your GB will drop off ... haaa...

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by leon76 4th January 2010, 12:02 pm

I remember my SE told me during my car collection that forte willl auto gear up for you once RPM reach certain limit in sports mode, this is to protect the engine and gearbox......if want full control, better get manual version

leon76

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 4th January 2010, 12:36 pm

down gear at 120kmp to gear 2?! Wow, i wouldn't do that even my 2L SX allowed me to.... Razz
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 4th January 2010, 1:37 pm

leon76 wrote:I remember my SE told me during my car collection that forte willl auto gear up for you once RPM reach certain limit in sports mode, this is to protect the engine and gearbox......if want full control, better get manual version

wahhaaa... back to square..
that is wat i tot too..but think no 1 could or willing to try yet as of this moments..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by psionix 4th January 2010, 2:09 pm

When you redline your engine and feel that you have not enough torque (in laymen, power), regardless of what speed you are in; you need a more powerful car.

psionix

Back to top Go down

Post by leon76 4th January 2010, 4:26 pm

psionix wrote:When you redline your engine and feel that you have not enough torque (in laymen, power), regardless of what speed you are in; you need a more powerful car.

The max torque (Pull force) always comes before engine reaches it's max power, normal car should get it at RPM 4k to 5K range, so if u ram up to readline actually will get less acceleration momentum, while Kia engineers already design for you that in sports mode it will shift up once engine reach it's optimun power SX unable to down gear at speed 120km/hr and above Icon_wink

leon76

Back to top Go down

Post by ooosh 4th January 2010, 4:36 pm

buy rx8 with the rotary engine you can redline at 9k and will not spolit the engine....
ooosh
ooosh

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 4th January 2010, 5:32 pm

bro.. think we are referring to normal combustion engine which max out at 6.5k usually, rx8 uses rotary engine while by nature requires high rpm to generate power which engine could reach >10k to redline?
IIRC F1 engine max out at 18k rpm... (capped)..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 4th January 2010, 6:09 pm

Our sportstronic quite fun and sometimes I will use it when I am driving alone in the car. It will drop gear when I slow down/stop. If I forgot to up the gear, at more than 3k rpm, the engine will already be very noisy. So very difficult to forget to up gear....... But according to car manual, it should up gear when you are driving at redline. Maybe it's about to up gear when you release the pedal. You may try step a little longer on redline to see if it did up gear SX unable to down gear at speed 120km/hr and above Lol
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down