Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Auto Gear Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Auto Gear Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Auto Gear Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Auto Gear Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Auto Gear Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Auto Gear Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Auto Gear Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Auto Gear Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Auto Gear Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Auto Gear

4 posters

Go down

Auto Gear Empty Auto Gear

Post by xtac 25th August 2009, 10:14 pm

I need to get something off my chest. I have the SX for about a month now. Mileage is about 2K.

Noticed that from stop to move off, when i depress the accelerator pedal lightly and rev it to about 2.5 RPM, before it reaches 70km/h, the auto gear shifts down to gear 2, 3, then 4. The car moves slowly at 60km/h and it feels like there is not enough power since the gear ratio is already so low.

Anyone encounter this before? It seems to change gear to a low ratio too quickly and i end up like no power to go any faster (70 and above) and i have to step harder to maintain.

xtac

Back to top Go down

Auto Gear Empty Re: Auto Gear

Post by Fransge 25th August 2009, 10:47 pm

me, i drive a 2.0, have the same feeling as u, but actually, i noticed something about the gear box, it switches from 1st to 4th gear very fast, thats y this will happen, i will try to ask the staff when i service my car next tuesday. maybe can tune the gear box a not. but u try to maintain 2000rpm from 0, u shld not feel this when u step at 2000rpm Smile
Fransge
Fransge

Back to top Go down

Post by xtac 26th August 2009, 12:41 am

I have the exact same issue as you. It changes to a low gear too quickly. So i end up have to step harder to maintain the speed but it keeps insisting on going to the lowest gear at all times. Maybe must flash ECU hahaha.

xtac

Back to top Go down

Post by NightAngler 26th August 2009, 4:25 am

xtac wrote:I need to get something off my chest. I have the SX for about a month now. Mileage is about 2K.

Noticed that from stop to move off, when i depress the accelerator pedal lightly and rev it to about 2.5 RPM, before it reaches 70km/h, the auto gear shifts down to gear 2, 3, then 4. The car moves slowly at 60km/h and it feels like there is not enough power since the gear ratio is already so low.

Anyone encounter this before? It seems to change gear to a low ratio too quickly and i end up like no power to go any faster (70 and above) and i have to step harder to maintain.
System is tuned for fuel economy mode. If you are still running in your engine, just bear with it for a while longer.
After run in, just step accelerator pedal harder/faster to higher RPM settings & gear shift will occurs later. When I step hard & fast on accelerator to 3K or more, 3rd gear reaches up to 80 KPH or higher before shifting to 4th gear. Pls note that fuel economy will suffer quite a fair bit with such heavy foot on the accelerator.

NightAngler

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 28th August 2009, 12:05 pm

I realize, gear change not necessary on 2.5k rpm.. its as long if you release pedal it up gear if in moving... i got mine change at 2k..actually damn under power (use to manual) but.. think this should be good for FC..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down