Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Car Alarm System Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Car Alarm System Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Car Alarm System Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Car Alarm System Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Car Alarm System Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Car Alarm System Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Car Alarm System Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Car Alarm System Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Car Alarm System Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Car Alarm System

+7
Mrhandphone
neoinc
snowman
joepele
max
leon76
mkkiaforte
11 posters

Go down

Car Alarm System Empty Car Alarm System

Post by mkkiaforte 19th December 2009, 8:13 pm

Hi,

Can anyone advice which is the best and most importantly affordable car alarm system available which can immobilize the vehicle once activated by car thief?

Many thanks in advanced.
mkkiaforte
mkkiaforte

Back to top Go down

Car Alarm System Empty Re: Car Alarm System

Post by leon76 20th December 2009, 12:22 am

there's no best, but just personal perference. Get what you need, and for alarms, there're more or less the same

leon76

Back to top Go down

Post by max 31st December 2009, 3:10 am

anybody installed Easycar E-702AS ???

max

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 31st December 2009, 8:47 am

No such thing as cheap and good one la...

From my experience... pay little... cannot expect too much...
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by snowman 31st December 2009, 10:38 am

Can see that you are looking into a 2way alarm. There are quite a number of brands out there ranging from $200 and above. Depending on brand and reliability of the product and source.

Of course brand like Viper, PageGuard, Crimestopper with multi functional support don't comes cheap.

So far, one of the cheapest 2way alarm i can come across is SPY. But got to bear with the problem this alarm can cause. Usually the LCD burn off within few weeks or few months... depending on your luck, some ppl heng heng use very long also no problem.. I have a few friends who use this unit kana liao.

I am using Singtech alarm. Long Range and realiable.

snowman

Back to top Go down

Post by neoinc 31st December 2009, 6:44 pm

I am using the easycar alarm. Do not have time to test every features but so far not giving any problem for day to day usage. The thread for easycar is no longer here in the forum, don't know what happen to it. Anyone knows?

neoinc

Back to top Go down

Post by max 31st December 2009, 8:17 pm

neoinc wrote:I am using the easycar alarm. Do not have time to test every features but so far not giving any problem for day to day usage. The thread for easycar is no longer here in the forum, don't know what happen to it. Anyone knows?

bro so u r the 1 ... does ur ride come wif immobilizer and push start ?? yeah dunno wat happened oso .... btw hows the range ?

max

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrhandphone 31st December 2009, 8:52 pm

Hey bros, m expecting my ride next month. It will be using the keyless entry with immobilser. Was asking my SE regarding possibility of installing a ' NORMAL ringing' alarm into it and he said it will most likely disrupt the whole keyless system and asked me not to do it, is this true ??
Mrhandphone
Mrhandphone

Back to top Go down

Post by neoinc 31st December 2009, 10:34 pm

max wrote:
neoinc wrote:I am using the easycar alarm. Do not have time to test every features but so far not giving any problem for day to day usage. The thread for easycar is no longer here in the forum, don't know what happen to it. Anyone knows?

bro so u r the 1 ... does ur ride come wif immobilizer and push start ?? yeah dunno wat happened oso .... btw hows the range ?

Mine is a 1.6SX(M), does not come with immobilizer or push start.

Range i find so so only. Although my block is beside the MSCP, i sometime could not query the status of my car.

neoinc

Back to top Go down

Post by neoinc 31st December 2009, 10:49 pm

Mrhandphone wrote:Hey bros, m expecting my ride next month. It will be using the keyless entry with immobilser. Was asking my SE regarding possibility of installing a ' NORMAL ringing' alarm into it and he said it will most likely disrupt the whole keyless system and asked me not to do it, is this true ??

There should be a possibility to have both working seamlessly. For my system, it came with keyless entry and i can set the alarm to ring each time it lock or unlock.

Ask him to explain why is it so that it cannot be done. Which model you getting that come with keyless entry and immobilizer. thumbsup

neoinc

Back to top Go down

Post by max 1st January 2010, 3:16 am

neoinc wrote:

Range i find so so only. Although my block is beside the MSCP, i sometime could not query the status of my car.

oh .... so cant really go far .... how abt the auto lock/unlock ?? so far any other that u dislike ???

max

Back to top Go down

Post by neoinc 1st January 2010, 8:10 am

max wrote:
neoinc wrote:

oh .... so cant really go far .... how abt the auto lock/unlock ?? so far any other that u dislike ???

You mean the keyless entry? It is always spot on when you r within 1.5m from car. It can be sensitive because if happen you r doing something around ur car within that distance, it goes locking and unlocking each time it sense your remote. However it can be temporary disabled on your remote.

neoinc

Back to top Go down

Post by zmc 1st January 2010, 11:30 am

snowman wrote:Can see that you are looking into a 2way alarm. There are quite a number of brands out there ranging from $200 and above. Depending on brand and reliability of the product and source.

Of course brand like Viper, PageGuard, Crimestopper with multi functional support don't comes cheap.

So far, one of the cheapest 2way alarm i can come across is SPY. But got to bear with the problem this alarm can cause. Usually the LCD burn off within few weeks or few months... depending on your luck, some ppl heng heng use very long also no problem.. I have a few friends who use this unit kana liao.

I am using Singtech alarm. Long Range and realiable.

Hello Bro ,

We will cover all manufacturing defects for one year. If you friends encounter this problem, and the products are purchased from us directly , please kindly ask them to contact us so we can run the diagnostics . So far on our side , LCD burning problems are rare , and mostly caused by owner's neglience by dropping the remotes multiple times. We also give you 2 LCD remotes in the package , just in case anything happens , you still have an LCD as a spare .

Call us at 98472956 . Our team of experts will solve every problem you encounter .

cheers and Happy new year !! Car Alarm System Icon_cheers Car Alarm System Icon_cheers

zmc

Back to top Go down

Post by pimp my ride 1st January 2010, 11:51 am

hi zmc,
i have a habit of winding down my window when reversing to park.
sometime i forget to wind up the window and just press the lock on my remote.
problem is that the system is unable to acknowledge this lapse on the open window.
i'm just wondering if there is something that i can add on to the system in order to solve this?
i'm using spy LC113
pimp my ride
pimp my ride

Back to top Go down

Post by zmc 1st January 2010, 1:16 pm

pimp my ride wrote:hi zmc,
problem is that the system is unable to acknowledge this lapse on the open window.
i'm just wondering if there is something that i can add on to the system in order to solve this?
i'm using spy LC113

Hello Bro

You can add on a Window module to auto wind up all windows upon locking the car .

please advice .

cheers ! Car Alarm System Icon_cheers

zmc

Back to top Go down

Post by max 1st January 2010, 1:53 pm

neoinc wrote:

You mean the keyless entry? It is always spot on when you r within 1.5m from car. It can be sensitive because if happen you r doing something around ur car within that distance, it goes locking and unlocking each time it sense your remote. However it can be temporary disabled on your remote.

oh ok .... so everything ok except the range not far enuff rite ..... hmmm

max

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrhandphone 1st January 2010, 7:01 pm

I m getting a 1.6Sx ( A) with keyless entry features. My SE just said the keyless entry system has its own 'computer wiring' to lock/ unlock doors. And if additional alarm added to it might make the whole system just jam up and void the warranty. SE sumore give me the ' who would wanna steal ur Forte " look ....wah sian.
Mrhandphone
Mrhandphone

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 1st January 2010, 10:27 pm

Means to say he threaten you by saying you are not allow to add alarm if not warranty void.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by pimp my ride 1st January 2010, 10:43 pm

zmc wrote:
i'm using spy LC113

Hello Bro

You can add on a Window module to auto wind up all windows upon locking the car .

please advice .

thks for the response.
so how much will the additional module cost?
pimp my ride
pimp my ride

Back to top Go down

Post by neoinc 2nd January 2010, 5:14 pm

Mrhandphone wrote:I m getting a 1.6Sx ( A) with keyless entry features. My SE just said the keyless entry system has its own 'computer wiring' to lock/ unlock doors. And if additional alarm added to it might make the whole system just jam up and void the warranty. SE sumore give me the ' who would wanna steal ur Forte " look ....wah sian.

LOL... ya, i also think like your SE who would want to steal my forte....it may not be in hot demand for theft to target.... but i still get one just for peace of mind ....since your car got immobilizer, imo, i think it is good enough.
For additional alarm, i think the immobilizer can be integrated into the system. At least i know for the easycar system it can be done.
I had also asked my SE about warranty for additional alarm. She told me although it can void the warranty, but c&c normally would not penalize us unless the installer cause electrical problem to our car.
I just found out my installer had not done a good job. Found some of the fixtures screws were not there anymore. And the main alarm unit was not secure properly. It was knocking on my accelerator... Evil or Very Mad

neoinc

Back to top Go down

Post by max 3rd January 2010, 1:55 am

neoinc wrote:
LOL... ya, i also think like your SE who would want to steal my forte....it may not be in hot demand for theft to target.... but i still get one just for peace of mind ....since your car got immobilizer, imo, i think it is good enough.
For additional alarm, i think the immobilizer can be integrated into the system. At least i know for the easycar system it can be done.
I had also asked my SE about warranty for additional alarm. She told me although it can void the warranty, but c&c normally would not penalize us unless the installer cause electrical problem to our car.
I just found out my installer had not done a good job. Found some of the fixtures screws were not there anymore. And the main alarm unit was not secure properly. It was knocking on my accelerator... Evil or Very Mad

wah ... izzit appointed installer ??? thats bad man ..... Neutral

max

Back to top Go down

Post by solaris 5th February 2010, 7:19 pm

neoinc wrote:
Mrhandphone wrote:I m getting a 1.6Sx ( A) with keyless entry features. My SE just said the keyless entry system has its own 'computer wiring' to lock/ unlock doors. And if additional alarm added to it might make the whole system just jam up and void the warranty. SE sumore give me the ' who would wanna steal ur Forte " look ....wah sian.

Hi bro neoinc,

may I check with you who is the installer? Is it located in Geylang called S... L... ? I'm considering this easycar system, so need some input.
Currently I'm looking at three systems, Viper 5092, Easycar and the Zenesis from ZMC. Appreciate your feedback bro. Kem Sia! Car Alarm System Icon_razz
solaris
solaris

Back to top Go down

Post by zmc 5th February 2010, 10:29 pm

pimp my ride wrote:
zmc wrote:
i'm using spy LC113

Hello Bro

please advice .

thks for the response.
so how much will the additional module cost?

you have a pm bro . Car Alarm System Icon_biggrin

zmc

Back to top Go down

Post by zmc 5th February 2010, 10:38 pm

By the way guys

Immobilizer will only have conflicts with remote start . Therefore for any alarm system , as long no remote start , the immobilizer stays prefectly fine .
To curb this problem for users who want best of both worlds , there are many bypass kits that we carry , unfortunately , there isnt any of this for KIA cerato at the moment . What this bypass kit do is they keep the original factory immobilizer features and at the same time offer you remote start functions without the need of sacrifcing any keys and putting it in the cr .

The universal way whch will fit a KIA cerato , to keep your immobilizer function is to purchase a bypass box . but for this you have to sacrifice one key in the car . Our bypass box have 4 screws attached and it will take you a long time to find it and not to mention , dismantle it .

Hope all this information about immobilizer is useful , and if you are still not very sure, feel free to give us a call , absolutely no obligations . thanks ! Car Alarm System Icon_cheers

Alex

zmc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down